Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-25, 02:34   Link #101
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
Well, given that Ulqi was blocking the path to Orihime, might Ichi have meant that Ulqi wouldn't let him pass to save Ori? I didn't see Ulqi blocking the path heading backwards to save Rukia.

Note: I'm not making any argument about Ichi-Ori or Ichi-Rukia here.........this isn't the place for that. We're just discussing why Ulqi and Ichi wanted this fight. The fact that Ichi is seriously pissed about what happened to Rukia can't have put him in a good mood either.
Ichigo almost certainly intended to go to Rukia, hence the "I'm in a hurry," line. He wasn't in a hurry before, when he held back as long as possible against Doldonny and even healed him after the battle. Ulquiorra wasn't physically blocking the path to Rukia but he clearly wasn't going to let Ichigo leave without a fight.
Old 2008-02-25, 02:43   Link #102
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Ichigo almost certainly intended to go to Rukia, hence the "I'm in a hurry," line. He wasn't in a hurry before, when he held back as long as possible against Doldonny and even healed him after the battle. Ulquiorra wasn't physically blocking the path to Rukia but he clearly wasn't going to let Ichigo leave without a fight.
Agreed that Rukia will probably be his first priority after this fight........she is the one who's dying right now, not Orihime. Good point about the "I'm in a hurry line". Although I'm still not sure why Ichigo suddenly realized Ulqi wouldn't let him pass only after he said he was the one responsible for kidnapping Ori. Before that, Ichigo felt he could walk away from espada 5 to go save Rukia. In fact, he'd already started off before that taunt from Ulqi turned him back.
Old 2008-02-25, 03:17   Link #103
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Agreed that Rukia will probably be his first priority after this fight........she is the one who's dying right now, not Orihime. Good point about the "I'm in a hurry line". Although I'm still not sure why Ichigo suddenly realized Ulqi wouldn't let him pass only after he said he was the one responsible for kidnapping Ori. Before that, Ichigo felt he could walk away from espada 5 to go save Rukia. In fact, he'd already started off before that taunt from Ulqi turned him back.
It was when Ulquiorra asked, "Now do you have a reason to fight me?" At that point, Ichigo realized that Ulquiorra wanted a fight and wasn't going to be dissuaded. Even if Ichigo said, "No, not a good enough reason, Rukia's more important," Ulquiorra would not have let him go.
Old 2008-02-25, 03:21   Link #104
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
It was when Ulquiorra asked, "Now do you have a reason to fight me?" At that point, Ichigo realized that Ulquiorra wanted a fight and wasn't going to be dissuaded. Even if Ichigo said, "No, not a good enough reason, Rukia's more important," Ulquiorra would not have let him go.
Hmm....certainly plausible, if not definitely provable. I won't argue that any further. I hope during this fight we get more insight into Ulqi's motivations and why he wants this. I get the feeling it's something more than simply the faithful guard confronting the intruder. Next episode almost here.....
Old 2008-02-25, 11:07   Link #105
lequory
People hate good theories

I think he wants to test Ichigo's powers since the 1st meeting.

Ulq: His power is inconsequential when low and higher than mines when its at its peak(not an exact quote)

Then he said during the 2nd meeting when Ulq grabbed Grim and they were going away in the Negacion that Ichigo's had a new power but it wasn't enough to be worried about. Let's also remember that the fight with Grim also revealed to all the espada and Aizen and Co. that he had the powers of a hollow. So maybe Ulq did want to test his powers out and see how strong he is, but at the same time, like Amirali said, he did it in a way that he could explain to Aizen that he fought in self defense. We'll see what the reason was in 2 days.
Old 2008-02-25, 11:12   Link #106
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post

Ulq: His power is inconsequential when low and higher than mines when its at its peak(not an exact quote)

Then he said during the 2nd meeting when Ulq grabbed Grim and they were going away in the Negacion that Ichigo's had a new power but it wasn't enough to be worried about. Let's also remember that the fight with Grim also revealed to all the espada and Aizen and Co. that he had the powers of a hollow. So maybe Ulq did want to test his powers out and see how strong he is, but at the same time, like Amirali said, he did it in a way that he could explain to Aizen that he fought in self defense. We'll see what the reason was in 2 days.
That makes a lot of sense. Although as much as I'd like to take credit for that observation, it was Kagato who pointed it out first.
Old 2008-02-25, 13:00   Link #107
lequory
People hate good theories

Quote:
That makes a lot of sense. Although as much as I'd like to take credit for that observation, it was Kagato who pointed it out first.
for some odd reason i knew you'd be the one that would answer my post.
Old 2008-02-25, 14:41   Link #108
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post

Ulquiorra was interested in Ichigo since their first encounter, probably triggered by Aizen's interest in Ichigo potential. Devoted as he is, Ulquy would be quite pissed to be ignored by Aizen, for the benefit of a weak mortal.

But IMO, what gives him the will to stop Ichigo was his dialogue with Orihime (the punch scene). Ulquiorra might just want to understand, or to test, that concern of others' life
The UlquixOri takes its roots here : Orihime is over-emotionnal, Ulquy is un-emotionnal. He can't understand her, and that makes him uneasy (at Ulqui's standards ^^ ). Despite all his powers and cold logic, he still feels wrong in front of Orihime. To prove the rightfullness of his philosophy, he has to confront Ichigo and, through him, Orihime.

For me, that's why Ulquiorra is such an interesting character.
He doesn't fight to become stronger. He fights to prove his truth and to accept his fate (a manufactured pawn with nothing more to do than disappearing in duty).
And it's probably why Aizen choosed him to guard Orihime.
Not because he was the most "peaceful & obedient", but to give him a chance to evolve.
(for what purpose ? Aizen's ways are impenetrable )

Old 2008-02-25, 17:07   Link #109
Wych

Hmm when Ulquiorra said he hadn't told his name to Ichigo yet Ichigo already knew it what does this mean? Could Ichigo's hollow somehow be connected to Hueco Mundo or something.
Old 2008-02-25, 17:17   Link #110
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wych View Post
Hmm when Ulquiorra said he hadn't told his name to Ichigo yet Ichigo already knew it what does this mean? Could Ichigo's hollow somehow be connected to Hueco Mundo or something.
It means that Ichigo is unexpectedly good at remembering names which he only heard once or twice. Yammy and Grimmjow both said Ulquiorra's name in front of Ichigo.
Old 2008-02-25, 18:01   Link #111
HeartBreakKid25

Thumbs up

I thought it was a good episode, after watching it I'm finally caught up, could someone tell me when Bleach airs, so i know when to check?

I felt all sorry for Szayel with the "Shit! Oh no!" and I was actually pleased when he blocked Renji's attack. I pity people too easily

I've been a big fan of Pesche's comedy the whole time, he's just great

I think the whole reaction to Ulqiorra was pretty understandable. In my opinion it wasn't just about Orihime, it was more like Ulquiorra went "Your friend's dying. By the way, "I'm the entire reason any of you had to come here in the first place."
Old 2008-02-25, 18:14   Link #112
Cookiez
Sugar Junkie ^^

HeartBreakKid is in the SSBM Player HeartBreakKid?

Wewties <3
Old 2008-02-25, 18:25   Link #113
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Next episode will be very interesting indeed.
Old 2008-02-26, 15:43   Link #114
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Rukia is hurt and Renji and Ichigo have to go save her ...Never heard of that before....

OK let's skip Renji getting his a$$ owned for the Krillionth time (That's suppose to be a jab comparing him wih DBZ's Krillen--Not sure if i worked^^)...Lets get to the good stuff, which was the last few mins when Ulquirra flips the script...Well this is where Bleach wins....Bleach can be frustrating at times, but where it beats other shonen is in fight unpredictability (As I've said many times)...You never know when WHO is gonna fight WHO, and that's cool...You go into an episode thinking one thing, then "BAM!" it's Shinji vs. Grimmjow, it's Urahara vs. Wonderwice, it's Ururu vs. an Arrancar...And today it's Ichigo vs. Ulquirra now, completely outta the woodworx for my money and it's great...Now you know Nell is prolly gonna transform into this hawt chick arrancar at some point, and maybe we even get o see Ulquirra release...Maybe even Grimmjow sneaks a peek at Gin monitoring the fight and feels he has to butt in...This is the thing I like about Bleach, so bring on the next ep!!

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2008-02-26 at 16:02.
Old 2008-02-26, 23:38   Link #115
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelite View Post
....Because, as we've covered this before, Ichigo broadcasts his presence with his reiatsu for everyone to know it's him a mile away. I don't think any one with a shred of the ability to sense reiatsu would be particularly surprised to see him.
I agree, the guy is like a human night club when it comes to reiatsu...

Quote:
You know what? I like Szayel. I have a weakness for snobbish intellectuals, yes. Although it saddened me greatly that the anime crew opted to cut Szayel's amazing leg warmers (they looked like leg warmers to me anyways... might've just been pants) - I guess they decided he was already fruity enough without them.
I actually don't like Szayel, maybe he is too fruity for me...

Quote:
And his act? I seriously laughed out loud. Maybe I don't like Renji very much either, but something about "Shit/Crap/Oh no!" "And now, the final move!" "...Just kidding." made me cackle and gloat.
I don't like Renji either, after he stopped wearing those stylish glasses during the SS arc he pretty much went down the drain for me...

Quote:
And my dislike for Ulquiorra is rising again. I don't know why - I just despise him. For reasons unknown even to me. Something about him makes me really want to plant a fist in his face. Or stomach - Grimmjow-style.

Maybe I'm just a vengeful and violent person. = )
I actually think that Ulqui is quite cool and the fact that he understands human emotion better than humans themselves makes him quite the savvy guy..... maybe that's why some people hate him .... think about it, the guy calculates every reaction for each and every one of his actions.......

Also, he's always got his hands in his pockets and I do that as well, even while walking.....quite the "pasarela models" we are (You need to know how to do that properly in order to be perceived as a cool guy, some people walk with their hands in their pockets and they look pretty lousy .... you need to keep your head up high, you should walk like a big shot (not a rapper) and your back should be straight in order to look cool......yeahh! )

And yeah I placed a parenthesis within a parenthesis ......ain't that something......
Old 2008-02-26, 23:55   Link #116
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Rukia is hurt and Renji and Ichigo have to go save her ...Never heard of that before....

OK let's skip Renji getting his a$$ owned for the Krillionth time (That's suppose to be a jab comparing him wih DBZ's Krillen--Not sure if i worked^^)...Lets get to the good stuff, which was the last few mins when Ulquirra flips the script...Well this is where Bleach wins....Bleach can be frustrating at times, but where it beats other shonen is in fight unpredictability (As I've said many times)...You never know when WHO is gonna fight WHO, and that's cool...You go into an episode thinking one thing, then "BAM!" it's Shinji vs. Grimmjow, it's Urahara vs. Wonderwice, it's Ururu vs. an Arrancar...And today it's Ichigo vs. Ulquirra now, completely outta the woodworx for my money and it's great...Now you know Nell is prolly gonna transform into this hawt chick arrancar at some point, and maybe we even get o see Ulquirra release...Maybe even Grimmjow sneaks a peek at Gin monitoring the fight and feels he has to butt in...This is the thing I like about Bleach, so bring on the next ep!!

YEahh!!, I concur. Thanks for those wonderful flashbacks m8! Ururu vs that arrancar was the bomb......I truly enjoyed that ep .... I just hope they do an episode where that cute lil pink haired lieutenant of squad 11 fights an espada or something like that..........that'd be cool 2! .... unlikely but cool none the less....

Last edited by CuXe; 2008-02-27 at 01:21.
Old 2008-02-27, 01:45   Link #117
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^It would be so great to see almost any other character fight an Espada rather than see Renji get raped again only to pull a win outta his a$$ next week (Or in Bleach time maybe 5 eps from now)...But yeah, Kenpachi's little baby girl was given a really raw back-story only to never fight at all...I suspect this thread would be up to 500 posts in 5 mins if her and Nell ever had to get it on...But yeah like I was saying that's where Bleach wins...I mean this is an endgame level match-up we're about to see...I mean I thought for sure they'd give Grimmjow his shot again, but I guess he will be the final fight guy before Aizen (I doubt we'll ever see a true fight with Aizen anytime in the future though)...I'm just hoping Melting-Nipples-Senpai from SS sends another squad of shinigamis to spice up these matchups since there's so many people to fight...
Old 2008-02-27, 03:06   Link #118
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
But yeah like I was saying that's where Bleach wins...I mean this is an endgame level match-up we're about to see...I mean I thought for sure they'd give Grimmjow his shot again, but I guess he will be the final fight guy before Aizen
Unfortunately, Bleach has a record of having the same two guys fight several times before their final encounter.

1) Ichigo vs Renji : Fought 2 times, the first one only being a teaser.

2) Byakuya vs Ichigo: Fought 3 times, the first one being an Ichigo rape , the second being a teaser.

3) Ichigo vs Kariya: Fought 3 times. Ah, wait Bounto arc......maybe I shouldn't use this example.

4) Ichi vs Grimm: Have duelled 2 times already without a victor.

Of course, there are exceptions.......Zaraki and Ichi settled their issues first time they fought. I hope it's like that this time. Otherwise this might just be the first chapter in a Ulqi-Ichi rivalry..
Old 2008-02-27, 05:03   Link #119
kagato3

Quote:
Unfortunately, Bleach has a record of having the same two guys fight several times before their final encounter.

1) Ichigo vs Renji : Fought 2 times, the first one only being a teaser.

2) Byakuya vs Ichigo: Fought 3 times, the first one being an Ichigo rape , the second being a teaser.

3) Ichigo vs Kariya: Fought 3 times. Ah, wait Bounto arc......maybe I shouldn't use this example.

4) Ichi vs Grimm: Have duelled 2 times already without a victor.

Of course, there are exceptions.......Zaraki and Ichi settled their issues first time they fought. I hope it's like that this time. Otherwise this might just be the first chapter in a Ulqi-Ichi rivalry..
Of course by the time they met back up they were on the same side and Zaraki still wants to fight Ichigo
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-02-27, 20:30   Link #120
scorpio516

Quote:
But rivalries do build interest in characters, which can translate into ratings. And a nice strong arc. Example: from the moment they stepped foot into SS, you knew it was gonna culminate with a Ichi-Baya fight. Sure there were some twists and turns and the Ichi-Zaraki fight in the middle, but you knew the Baya and Renji fights were gonna happen eventually and you were waiting for it.

Just like everyone knows theres gonna be an Ichi-Grimm fight again, and many people are looking forward to a rematch
Closed Thread