Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-28, 20:05   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Bleach 172 Episode Discussion Thread

In Monir's Absence let me go ahead and make the thread

Quote:

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2008-05-28, 22:14   Link #2
lequory
People hate good theories

wow @ 1st I was loving this Arc but now I don't know. I discovered Bleach at the end of the Bounto so I didn't have to go through that one although it's not a bad arc. The plot is not consistent enough to keep you on your toes waiting for whatevers gonna happen next. Only thing interesting in the episode was that Kifune might be a possible traitor.
Old 2008-05-28, 22:16   Link #3
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Yeah... to me it seems kinda thrown together. I really wonder if they will get serious... Probably not
Old 2008-05-28, 22:24   Link #4
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Doubt it'll get more serious than this. Kira really isn't the guy you can center an arc around that's for sure. Though that was kind of the point being made in this episode.

At one point in that hole I thought that guy organized the thing to give Kira a confidence boost, but at the end it seemed like he really was a bad guy hiding something under a nice outlook. At least they ignored the power or Kira's release since the guy's release didn't seem affected and in fact Kira's sword got damaged.

Anyways was an ok episode, nothing major though.
Old 2008-05-28, 23:23   Link #5
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Well 3rd seat Kifune is obviously plotting to overthrow Fuki-Taicho Kira (and no not Death Note Kira ). Best part of the episode was Shinigami cup

Kuchiki - Where's Kurusaki?

Kurusaki - ......
Old 2008-05-29, 01:01   Link #6
Jays

One word to describe this episode - terrible.

One word to describe what Bleach has become - joke.

One word to describe what the animation in the next episode is going to be - fail.

What an absolutely brutal arc this going to be.
Old 2008-05-29, 01:18   Link #7
ThoHell

OK, officially confirmed with this episode--this arc is yeah, going down hill. First 2 episode of this arc I liked, but the rest of these episodes are...how can I describe it? Atrocious?
Old 2008-05-29, 01:32   Link #8
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
OK, officially confirmed with this episode--this arc is yeah, going down hill. First 2 episode of this arc I liked, but the rest of these episodes are...how can I describe it? Atrocious?
Unlike most, I thought that the Ichigo side of this arc was not bad, but certainly not good.

However judging from the previews and that horrible image of the poorly drawn Ichigo, well... they managed to screw up both.
Old 2008-05-29, 01:39   Link #9
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
One word to describe this episode - terrible.

One word to describe what Bleach has become - joke.

One word to describe what the animation in the next episode is going to be - fail.

What an absolutely brutal arc this going to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
It wasn't THAT bad

IMO, at least...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Doubt it'll get more serious than this. Kira really isn't the guy you can center an arc around that's for sure. Though that was kind of the point being made in this episode.

At one point in that hole I thought that guy organized the thing to give Kira a confidence boost, but at the end it seemed like he really was a bad guy hiding something under a nice outlook. At least they ignored the power or Kira's release since the guy's release didn't seem affected and in fact Kira's sword got damaged.

Anyways was an ok episode, nothing major though.
Well considering that Kibune or whatever his name is can make his Shikai levitate, I doubt weight is an issue for him.
Old 2008-05-29, 01:42   Link #10
UltimateClash

After five episodes of the anime-only arc I have reached my conclusion about it.
The conclusion is a solid and resounding meh. The characters are well done, and the story has some intresting perks, but it just lacks flair, a certain charm that beating up arrancars seems to have.

I'll keep watching, because of aforementioned reasons, but I won't really be looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2008-05-29, 03:29   Link #11
lequory
People hate good theories

I'll keep watching because its the only anime i've been watching for over a year, but I gotta say I'm finding it unnecessary for these shinigami's to be releasing against weak hollows. SMH @ doing it to please the people.
Old 2008-05-29, 05:04   Link #12
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post
wow @ 1st I was loving this Arc but now I don't know.
I feel the same. At first I was really interested in this filler arc, but then it started going downhill, real fast.

Also, looks like the animators have realized Ichigo is wasted on this arc, so starting next episode he will be replaced by Filler Ichigo:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-29, 05:11   Link #13
Wych

Hmm so it looks like Kifune (sp?) is evil, I guess in that first episode when he told them he had asked them to stop the cleaner and the walls collapsing that he was laying to get rid of the "trash" shinigami.
Old 2008-05-29, 07:06   Link #14
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Highlight was the Golden Cup. I'll be watching next week for that and that alone. 'Nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I feel the same.
Also, looks like the animators have realized Ichigo is wasted on this arc, so starting next episode he will be replaced by Filler Ichigo:
Spoiler:
LOL, I changed my mind, I'll be watching for that, too!
Old 2008-05-29, 07:27   Link #15
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Well this episode sure was a lot better than last week's. Mystery about Kifune, I'll be interested for a while. Looks like next week animation will be really bad. I say really bad because I noticed it, I almost never notice animation quality (the only other time was the movie-like quality of Ikkaku's fight against the arrancar I jokingly call El Dorado)

Last edited by fizzmaister; 2008-05-29 at 07:27. Reason: grammar
Old 2008-05-29, 09:38   Link #16
iamthatguy
Banned

my god look how thin those neck is! it was beef and muscular when he was versing against grimmjow
Old 2008-05-29, 10:33   Link #17
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Well you could almost predict how bad it would be just by the OP. Ichigo's legs looked like toothpicks...
Old 2008-05-29, 12:05   Link #18
Irkalla
I asked for this

The only entertaining thing it this ep. was the shinigami cup. Byakuya

But anyway, what's that third seat anyway? Does he have some kind of hidden agenda or did he just want to bring back Kira's confidence?
Is he some kind of secret agent sent from Gin (fillers!!!!can really come up with everything..)

And what was that bad animation in the preview? Ichigo looked like a chicken head.
Old 2008-05-29, 14:59   Link #19
ThoHell

the number of post/reviews for this episode, which has already been subbed and out for almost 2 days now, should be a sign of where this arc is headed or the feelings of the watchers. Little interest........
Old 2008-05-29, 15:39   Link #20
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Well considering that Kibune or whatever his name is can make his Shikai levitate, I doubt weight is an issue for him.
I'm willing to bet he still has his limits to exactly how much he can lift using levitation
Closed Thread