Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-23, 00:41   Link #41
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Non-interference in a one on one fight is part of the 11th Squad code. However, if Ikkaku was being attacked by multiple Arrancar, Yamachika would intervene.

Your broader point holds true. In certain circumstances, honour outweighs a friend's life. I'm still not convinced how much of Yamachika's secrecy is honour, and how much merely a sense of pride/vanity.
Old 2008-08-23, 09:09   Link #42
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Only saving grace for this chapter was Yumichika and That Griffith looking Fraccion . Yumichika looked reallly cool and the Griffith look alike had some rad powers . With his hollow mask bieng broken in half he is VC level . Wonder how powerful he will be when his entire mask is broken . Also he has a release .
Old 2008-08-23, 10:48   Link #43
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

I'm glad some people are finally seeing Yumichika is a cool character!! I've thought so since the beginning. Characters like Hisagi and Kira are just lame to me - they are devoid of personality whatsover which makes them extremely hard to like IMO. I guess that is why I love all the characters in squad 11 - tons of personality to go around everywhere!!!!
Old 2008-08-23, 13:02   Link #44
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
o have a strong feeling that 9th squad luitenant's sword will be 9th squad vizard captains old sword, (can't remember names)

i'm expecting a flashback of the kid waking up to finding the sword on the window sill or somthing
Kensei still has his sword. Its the combat knife he used when fighting Ichigo.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-08-23, 13:21   Link #45
Casshern

I hate Kubo... putting Genryusai, Ukitake and Kyouraku on the scene and then turning the plot over to Kira & co. Sadistic @#$%

Seriously, how is the outcome of a fight between a VC and a fraccion gonna effect the battle at this stage? Genryusai would light a fart with Ryujin Jakka and blow VC's and fraccions to ashes! It's a little late in the day for Kubo's editor to be considering Kira's popularity. It really pisses me off when the plot takes a backseat to pleasing the fanboys/girls.

To point out how insignificant Kira originally was, Kubo couldn't even be bothered to design a decent looking release for him. A squared-off katana? No wonder he has issues! But now with his new-found popularity, I'm sure it's only a matter of time, Kira will pull an awesome looking bankai with an über ability... out of Kubo's arse of course.
Old 2008-08-23, 13:55   Link #46
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
I hate Kubo... putting Genryusai, Ukitake and Kyouraku on the scene and then turning the plot over to Kira & co. Sadistic @#$%
Kira and Hisagi getting coverage is a fangirl popularity thing . But why sudden detour to VC Fights is Kubo still hasnt decided the direction of this conflict .He is buying himself time . By delaying Aizen Vs SS / Ichigo Vs Ulqi he gets more time to think .

Also when Kubo was at ComicCon he stated that he had already created some chapters before hand . I am willing to bet it must be these chapter .

Quote:
To point out how insignificant Kira originally was, Kubo couldn't even be bothered to design a decent looking release for him. A squared-off katana? No wonder he has issues! But now with his new-found popularity, I'm sure it's only a matter of time, Kira will pull an awesome looking bankai with an über ability... out of Kubo's arse of course.
Good you brought that up yes its true in Shikai form Kira cant STAB anyone he has to cut them to death : D . Going in the same direction Momo in her Shikai form can CUT with complete success .

These 2 Zanapkutos heavily rely on there Kido ability as opposed to sword ability .
Old 2008-08-23, 14:37   Link #47
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Well guys we should have known that Kubo would give us the low tier fights first then build up to the big boys.
Old 2008-08-23, 16:03   Link #48
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Unless Kira was actually hiding his Zanpakuto's true release form and that was just a lower version like Yumichika I don't give a sh*t about Kira, show Hisagi's release then get over with it, Hisagi, Matsu, Ikkaku, Yumi, Nemu, Yachiru, Nanao, Isane and Hanatarou are the only below captain level characters people care about, I would rather see Hanatarou cut himself and defeat the fraccion...in fact I would lol so hard if Kira had to be saved by a lower level member in the medical division.
Old 2008-08-25, 00:31   Link #49
itachi29al

Got to say, i am not liking bleach too much lately. I mean come on, just when it was getting good they add these fights which mean nothing and add nothing to the story. Its just filler,
Old 2008-08-25, 04:14   Link #50
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
On a random note, Charlotte Coolhorn looked way better in her underwear. Without the frilly dress, he came off as a respectable looking warrior.
Old 2008-08-25, 07:24   Link #51
unameit

Just a thought.. How is ikkaku going to beat his man? Remember, ikkaku coudn't handle grimjow fracion without bankai so his opponent right now is 1 of the top 3 fraccion, should be stronger.. I bet other vc won't use or accurately can't use bankai because they don't have it...
I bet ss already know about ikkaku bankai, the problem is, it would make ikkaku look less formidable if he has to use his bankai to beat his man....
Old 2008-08-25, 14:03   Link #52
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post
Just a thought.. How is ikkaku going to beat his man? Remember, ikkaku coudn't handle grimjow fracion
The same way Kenpachi wastes the no.5 Espada when he just managed to draw against pre-banaki Ichigo.

The 11th division's always sandbagging and holding back to milk the most "enjoyment" of out of a fight (or in Yumichika's case, avoid shame by using their most powerful abilities). The last time Ikkaku fought he allowed himself to get so beat up trying to get the arrancar to release that he was forced to use bankai after that because he was too weak to use any other attack. But also, they were really trying to hype up the strength of the arrancar at the time.

Quote:
without bankai so his opponent right now is 1 of the top 3 fraccion, should be stronger.. I bet other vc won't use or accurately can't use bankai because they don't have it...
I bet ss already know about ikkaku bankai, the problem is, it would make ikkaku look less formidable if he has to use his bankai to beat his man....
I don' t think there's a strict order when it comes to the fraccs. (i.e. no 1. gets the strongest and no.10 gets the weakest). The Espada pretty much seem to choose their fraccion based on preference. Ikkaku will probably beat his opponent without too much trouble. He might not even use bankai.

Old 2008-08-25, 14:41   Link #53
Lendial

these vc fights are a bit of a turnoff. back in ss VC levels would have been interesting, but now past the stage of high tier captain bankais now, high ranking espada releases it seems a little late.
Old 2008-08-26, 05:30   Link #54
Ichimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
these vc fights are a bit of a turnoff. back in ss VC levels would have been interesting, but now past the stage of high tier captain bankais now, high ranking espada releases it seems a little late.
yeh that

hasnt shown any real good capt or ex-capt fights, all this non action better be a good build-up when they appear again or else....
Old 2008-08-26, 06:59   Link #55
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Am I the only one who think Ikkaku's and Yumichika's attitude regarding hiding there true form of Zanapakutos a tad irritating . Machismo and Chivalry aside its just not practical also that means we wont get to see them at there full potential unless they are clouded by anonymity
Old 2008-08-26, 08:29   Link #56
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Am I the only one who think Ikkaku's and Yumichika's attitude regarding hiding there true form of Zanapakutos a tad irritating . Machismo and Chivalry aside its just not practical also that means we wont get to see them at there full potential unless they are clouded by anonymity
No, you're not the only one.

Ikkaku don't have to accept a damn promotion just because he has Bankai, right? Oh and Yumi... if Ken has anything to say about his girly Shikai, he can point to Ken's shoulder. THERE'S A FUCKING PINK THING THERE. Case closed.
Old 2008-08-26, 09:28   Link #57
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
the girly stuff isn't the problem, Ken wouldn't accept Yumi's whole attitude etc. if it was for girlyness.. you see, even the manliest member in 11th squad couldn't wield a kidou based Zanpaktou without at least quiet resentment as this way of fighting ruins the fun

Ikkaku is just lazy and come on, everyone will bug him, just like Renji did.. and I don't think he will rather die than showing his bankai, he also took a risk of getting found out against Leones, he was just lucky that everyone else was busy at that time
Old 2008-08-26, 15:05   Link #58
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
I have a question.

Are we officially out of the Hueco Mundo arc and into the Winter war arc or are we still in the HM saga? Didn't Kubo say something about that in a weekly jump cover? I remember Geta Boshi posting something like that.
Old 2008-08-26, 15:36   Link #59
Wych

Am I the only one who finds Yumichika's attitude really selfish?

He can hide his ability all he wants in petty little fights like in Soul Society but if he loses this fight it would mean that the pillar would get destroyed and Aizen's plan would start to work. (If that is his main plan, I doubt it is since he would send more important people than fraccion to deal with the pillars but still Yumichika doesn't know this)
Old 2008-08-26, 15:39   Link #60
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wych View Post
Am I the only one who finds Yumichika's attitude really selfish?

He can hide his ability all he wants in petty little fights like in Soul Society but if he loses this fight it would mean that the pillar would get destroyed and Aizen's plan would start to work. (If that is his main plan, I doubt it is since he would send more important people than fraccion to deal with the pillars but still Yumichika doesn't know this)
I've never thought of it that way...but what you say does make sense. He's going to let the world be destroyed all because of his stupid pride.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion