Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-04, 08:36   Link #41
DarkHollowIchigo

Amagai....wth are you doing dude?
Old 2008-09-04, 08:55   Link #42
iamthatguy
Banned

I might be wrong but his second blade that his carrying might be a Bakkatou.
Old 2008-09-04, 09:40   Link #43
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

This episode finally revealed that old man Kumoi was just a pawn in Amagai's plans.So we will have to wait till next week to see what those plans are.

Kumoi said it himself, he was surprised that Amagai slash him down since he did everything exactly as Amagai told him.
Old 2008-09-04, 09:48   Link #44
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
This episode finally revealed that old man Kumoi was just a pawn in Amagai's plans.So we will have to wait till next week to see what those plans are.

Kumoi said it himself, he was surprised that Amagai slash him down since he did everything exactly as Amagai told him.
....Why was he collecting those eyes? that are on the bakotou....
Old 2008-09-04, 09:56   Link #45
Kankel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
As I stated in my post.We will have to wait till next week to find out what his real intentions are.
Old 2008-09-04, 10:31   Link #46
Wych

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post

I guess it has to do with that ultimate bakkouto that Kumoi mentioned.
Old 2008-09-04, 11:55   Link #47
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

If all Amagai is, is a stronger version of Kifune I will be disappointed...I have a feeling it is more complicated...if I am wrong, so be it...but I have faith in Amagai...but then so did Ichigo....doh
Old 2008-09-04, 12:03   Link #48
FBZ

Send a message via ICQ to FBZ Send a message via AIM to FBZ
I can't believe Amagai did that...we'll see what happens next week
Old 2008-09-04, 12:14   Link #49
mcGundam

amagai's the old man's son. fire vs fire..."Amagai..i am your father!" haha.

anyways..okay..i admit that the ending of this episode was something i never expected. it's been awhile since i felt that with bleach.
Old 2008-09-04, 13:09   Link #50
Kankel

After all this, one might believe that the 3rd squad is cursed since all of its captains have either left or become traitors or villains to Soul Society.I guess this squad is doomed to be without a captain for all time.
Old 2008-09-04, 13:28   Link #51
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
After all this, one might believe that the 3rd squad is cursed since all of its captains have either left or become traitors or villains to Soul Society.I guess this squad is doomed to be without a captain for all time.
I say let Kira take the captain's exam. He was already acting captain anyway, I say he deserves a chance.

Plus after seeing his fights last week, we know he has some fucking balls now.
Old 2008-09-04, 13:34   Link #52
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Balls without Bankai a Captain do not make.
Old 2008-09-04, 13:47   Link #53
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

bawls?

Old 2008-09-04, 13:58   Link #54
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Hmm...I noticed the animation quality has gone back up to par again...

Anyway...

Well, no one really knows what Amagai's intentions are at this point, since they're all vague and up to speculation, so it's probably a bit much to assume that because of his association with Kumoi that he's a "villain", though it does contradict a lot of his previous character with these new-found surprises and actions...We'll definitely see what's going on in the next episode, though...

I hope we get to see an Amagai vs. Yamamoto battle, if Amagai really is a villain...Not only if to see Amagai in one last fight before he vanishes as a filler character, but to actually see Yamamoto in action (Since his fight against Kyōraku and Ukitake was jipped)...Even though I still kinda like Amagai at this point, I wanna see him get Yamamotowned...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-09-04, 14:16   Link #55
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

What a shocking turn of events . I don't think Amagai is going to battle Yami-ji. I think he collected those eyes of those bakutos to basically give it to the Commander. maybe that was his mission. he was a double agent but in the end working for the commander.

Maybe his mission was to collect those 4 eyes and stop Bakutos developement for good.
Old 2008-09-04, 14:33   Link #56
AceD
See You En' Tee

people really didnt see this coming? :|

i thought he would be a bad guy, not like weve really seen ichigo get to serious as yet (used his hollow briefly thats it) and going by the startup theme, theres gotta be one big fight left
Old 2008-09-04, 15:11   Link #57
Jerseykid

I only support a yamamoto fight if he doesn't spend the entire episode hulking up
Old 2008-09-04, 15:41   Link #58
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Well, if anyone remembers, how Amagai got to be a Captain has been vague the whole time, IIRC, something like no one knew who was the other Captain that supervised Amagai's selection process, other than Yamamoto...Don't forget about the "That old guy tricked me" comment Kenpachi made about his battle against Amagai for his Captain's proficiency test...That, and since he was chosen from an expeditionary hollow-hunting unit, Amagai has been unprecedented on top of being unknown...Why someone of such a Captain-level strength would be on a mere hollow-hunting unit instead of being somewhere in the 13 Protection Squads is also a bit weird...

Besides, while I'm not much for conspiracies, isn't it a bit convenient that just as the whole "Rurichiyo kidnapping in Karakura" incident comes just as the "Amagai becomes new 3rd Squad Captain" situation becomes present? The Rurichiyo incident comes to the Soul Society, and Amagai makes himself convenient in the middle of the situation, while Amagai and Kifune (Who's also made himself convenient at the same time, though he doesn't matter now, since he was beyond corrupt and is dead) both made their acquaintance with Kumoi ahead of time...

There had to have been a reason why Amagai teleported himself directly to Yamamoto...Now another question to ask is why bring the bakkoutou eyes and Rurichiyo with him? Does Yamamoto or Amagai want something from those as well?

Whatever it is they're in this for, I'm pretty sure both Yamamoto and Amagai are the main masterminds behind all this...

See guys? This filler arc hasn't been so boring after all, right?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-09-04, 16:12   Link #59
Pesche

Somehow I think Mayuri Kurotsuchi Captain of the 12 Divison has something to do in this too he is the chef of the research depatment (he is very kindly to his Buddys) ^^
Old 2008-09-04, 17:06   Link #60
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
That makes sense.

I think Amagai being evil would be cliche, though. I mean, the second captain of Squad 3 to turn on them? I dunno. I hope if that's the case they actually made a good story for it, even if it is filler. ^_^
A little off topic, but someone negative repped me for "double standard" on this...just curious, how is it a double standard?

I did say
Quote:
I wonder if the whole thing was a plot by Yamamoto to both expose Kumoi and to get Soul Society to realize they needed to train differently? But, if it's not going to be addressed in the manga, what's the point of any of it?
Is it really a double standard to want the anime to make a good story, even if it's not canon since it's not in the manga? I mean that's what I meant in the second part. I honestly don't care whether Amagai is a villain or not, or whether or not it has any bearing on the manga; whichever way they go with Amagai, I just want the reasoning to be convincing and not some contrived last minute cliche.

As far as it not having a point...well, I guess I just mean on that, why have so much team building stuff in a filler? I think Amagai is right, SS needs to restructure, but...this is a filler, so what happens in it might not even happen in the manga.

I really don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I came off offensive.

Last edited by Captain Yoruichi; 2008-09-04 at 17:49. Reason: wanted to clarify myself further
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly episode discussion, anime