AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-26, 15:51   Link #941
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
You know, everytime I think something like that will happen, one of the character tends to die . Especially since this serie is not really kind with girls, I've got a bad feeling concerning Tamayo...
I dont think they could use the same trick again to advance the plot. I have not sensed any death flags around her. I would PISSED i mean PISSED if they killed her i i see no point in it. Rin has already learned the lesson she needs to learn by having her brother incarcerated, being on the run, and having her close friend killed. After this its her resolve that will make her strong not killing her friends. Suzuri's death was catalyst no more is needed.
Old 2009-03-26, 16:26   Link #942
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I dont think they could use the same trick again to advance the plot. I have not sensed any death flags around her. I would PISSED i mean PISSED if they killed her i i see no point in it. Rin has already learned the lesson she needs to learn by having her brother incarcerated, being on the run, and having her close friend killed. After this its her resolve that will make her strong not killing her friends. Suzuri's death was catalyst no more is needed.
I would hate to see that happening too, but it might have a certain effect : Rin is not a terrorist yet, she doesn't really wish to cruch the GGP (it seems). But if she ever found the resolve she lacks right now, it might be by a new loss : Tamayo, her grand'ma, little bro... pick the one you want .
Plus, I see Rin as a tragic heroine, I don't see anything good coming for the people around her, but I might be just a bit pessimistic `-`...
Old 2009-03-26, 17:07   Link #943
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
I would hate to see that happening too, but it might have a certain effect : Rin is not a terrorist yet, she doesn't really wish to cruch the GGP (it seems). But if she ever found the resolve she lacks right now, it might be by a new loss : Tamayo, her grand'ma, little bro... pick the one you want .
Plus, I see Rin as a tragic heroine, I don't see anything good coming for the people around her, but I might be just a bit pessimistic `-`...
Considering how soon R.B. will end with no reliable announcement about a 2nd season i dont even think we will get that far which is a shame really. Who knows we might hear something about 2nd season later down the road.
Old 2009-03-26, 17:44   Link #944
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
You know, everytime I think something like that will happen, one of the character tends to die . Especially since this serie is not really kind with girls, I've got a bad feeling concerning Tamayo...
The series kills characters equally though some have more traumatic deaths. Getting shot and then runned over by a droid is pretty bad.

I don't think that there is a need for Tamayo after ep. 11. Tamayo delivered Suzuri's last message. Her role is now done. Her death would fire up her brother, father and Rin to get even. Goblin might become a more active terrorist after that.

Tamayo is also closest to those droids and so the first one to get attacked. Those droids weren't really interested in taking prisoners.
Old 2009-03-26, 20:30   Link #945
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Considering how soon R.B. will end with no reliable announcement about a 2nd season i dont even think we will get that far which is a shame really. Who knows we might hear something about 2nd season later down the road.
I'm holding fast to see if an announcement is posted at the end of ep 12. Noone knew Index was getting a spin off until the very last episode either.
Old 2009-03-26, 20:37   Link #946
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
I'm holding fast to see if an announcement is posted at the end of ep 12.
In thinking about this idea, what would be a neat way to end the season would be to have the story somehow segue right into the OP sequence (like the OP sequence happens in-story) as the end credits roll, end with Rin looking over the horizon with that determined look on her face (as in the end of the OP) and "To Be Continued". Not that they'd do that, but if they did, I think it'd be pretty slick.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 23:18   Link #947
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i really have no idea how this can end. there's probably going to be a season 2, seeing as the manga is 9+ volumes. so i can assume that no one will die. but finally, some more rideback action from rin!!
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 23:31   Link #948
Hedd
Random Object

Well a second season from a content aspect is almost required, the big question is though is if the public is receiving this well enough to financially warrant the approval of a second season. I doubt anyone can argue the potential content wise but money always has the final word.
Old 2009-03-26, 23:46   Link #949
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
Well a second season from a content aspect is almost required, the big question is though is if the public is receiving this well enough to financially warrant the approval of a second season. I doubt anyone can argue the potential content wise but money always has the final word.
Well, that is assuming the show wasn't planned for two seasons from the get-go, as is so often happening these days. If it's a 24-episode show cut into two parts, then we should know rather quickly, even before the DVD/Blu-Ray sales figures start filtering in (since the first volume won't go on sale until April). But if it's a 12-episode show with an "option" for a second season, then we'll have to wait a while longer. We'll see...
Old 2009-03-27, 00:18   Link #950
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
For Tamayo fans, one signature.

Free to use.
ty I'll use this because I don't have a sig.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 00:58   Link #951
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
The thing is, if Season 2 DO come, many fans will not like what will happen to Rin if they follow the manga story properly.
Old 2009-03-27, 01:56   Link #952
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
The thing is, if Season 2 DO come, many fans will not like what will happen to Rin if they follow the manga story properly.
Fear not the fate of the characters but embrace that which is the essence of the story. When a character is in the darkest pit, it always makes the conquests seem that much more epic.
Old 2009-03-27, 04:32   Link #953
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Amen to that, Hedd. Amen.

However judging from the current flow of story, Season 2 is quite unlikely.
Old 2009-03-28, 13:57   Link #954
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, for those out there who like the ED song and were disappointed to see that it wasn't being released on CD Single, there is actually a way you can legally buy the full song, even internationally. It's available here as a digital download for 200 Yen. Of course, it's in draconian WMA with a ton of DRM, but the usual rules apply. The site's all in Japanese, so you'll have to stumble your way through the sign-up process if you're a bit rusty, but if you're used to buying things online it's pretty similar to everything else out there (standard sign-up, E-mail confirmation, add to cart, proceed to payment, etc.). The only unusual thing is that, on the last screen, the default is for a coupon code, so you have to switch the payment method to credit card. There's no address verification or anything, though (they just ask you what prefecture you're in at one point, but that's it).

With so much of the anime community being centered around piracy, it sure doesn't help when they make even the legitimate options nearly-inaccessible to foreign audiences. Not that I'm really blaming them, since we're a drop in the bucket, but still. For those of you who, like me, just really wanted a legitimate copy of the song, at least there is a way.
Old 2009-03-28, 16:07   Link #955
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
With so much of the anime community being centered around piracy, it sure doesn't help when they make even the legitimate options nearly-inaccessible to foreign audiences. Not that I'm really blaming them, since we're a drop in the bucket, but still. For those of you who, like me, just really wanted a legitimate copy of the song, at least there is a way.
There's a way to get the full version of the song (four versions included.) Edited to become cryptic.

Last edited by cheesie; 2009-03-28 at 16:28.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 16:34   Link #956
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

You mean the ED isn't on iTunes?
Old 2009-03-28, 18:37   Link #957
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
There's a way to get the full version of the song (four versions included.) Edited to become cryptic.
Well, I know that. My point was that, for people trying to get it legally, this is a way to go about it. And my second point was that fact that they're making it a pain is annoying, because it just encourages answers like yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
You mean the ED isn't on iTunes?
iTunes in which country? I don't see it on any of the North American iTunes lists, at least, unless I just don't know how they're listing it. I'm sure it's on Japanese iTunes, but does the gift card workaround even still work? Even between the U.S. and Canada, the list of stuff available on iTunes is vastly different.
Old 2009-03-28, 23:29   Link #958
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
And my second point was that fact that they're making it a pain is annoying, because it just encourages answers like yours.
I was referring to your comment about not being released on a CD single. I probably should have included this in my previous message - Kioku is originally a Korean song, Kieok/기억. if you're interested in purchasing it, the original and remix are included in Younha's album Someday. The second option would be what relentless flame suggested. As for a single, or mentions of a Japanese release, I haven't seen anything like it so far.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 14:58   Link #959
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
I was referring to your comment about not being released on a CD single. I probably should have included this in my previous message - Kioku is originally a Korean song, Kieok/기억. if you're interested in purchasing it, the original and remix are included in Younha's album Someday. The second option would be what relentless flame suggested. As for a single, or mentions of a Japanese release, I haven't seen anything like it so far.
Ah, I see -- thanks for the info!
Old 2009-03-29, 16:41   Link #960
Hedd
Random Object

For all you multilingual folks, the question of the day is: Was anything noted at the end about a 2nd season?

Tags
madhouse, mecha, seinen