Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-01, 13:17   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

[MANGA] BLEACH - 107 " Turn Back the Pendulum II "

Turn Back the Pendulum II ♦

Quote:

Quote:

* Continues from the last chapter, after Urahara arrived, the captains seemed to have mix reaction about him. But the obvious one was Hiyori, she made it clear that she didn’t like him. Those captains’ reactions made Urahara smilenervously and hesitated to enter the hall until someone yelled at him to act better because he’s a captain now. She was Shihoin Yoruichi who was also the second division captain.

* But before Urahara could really reply to her, Yamamoto arrived and hit him on the side to hurry him.The ceremony began; Yamamoto talked about HIkikune Kirio, the former 12th Division Captain who was appointed to the new title seven days ago. The next day, Yoruichi suggested Urahara, the third seat from her division to get a test from three captains in order to become a captain himself. Urahara passed the test and they all agreed he deserved to become 12th Division captain.

* So Yamamoto announced, “Third seat of 2nd Division, Urahara Kisuke, is now 12th Division Captain.”

* The scene cut to 12th Division Headquaters. Urahara was struggling to get an approval from his own division. Especially, Hiyori who accused Urahara for came from 2nd Division which was a secret division and included assassination in their tasks. All Urahara did was scratching his head and laughed which angered Hiyori more. She asked why he wasn’t angry at her. “Because now I am a 12th Division Captain. Since this morning, I am a captain that 12th Division people hated most.” So Hiyori kicked him in his ‘middle part’ and ran away. But she has to sit down because Urahara wore something to protect himself.

* That night, Urahara talked to Hirako about his problems. He said he really wanted to be friend with HIyori but she wouldn’t accept him. Hirako explained that Hiyori loved Hikifune as her own mother. So Urahara said no matter what he did, he couldn’t replace the previous captain. Hirako told Urahara, “A person who stands above people, if you care about their feelings then it wouldn’t work. Just do what you want to do. If no one agrees with it, then it means you’re not good enough. That’s all.”“Beside, I don’t see you as a type who’s concern about people’s reactions.” Then he told Urahara to forget about what he said. He just saw how Urahara was similar to him.

* Then Hirako asked how long Aizen would stand there. Aizen asked since when did he notice and Hirako said Aizen was born. Hirako asked Aizen to get back together and Aizen suddenly said, “Taichou..”. Hirako was suprised and then said Aizen was Scary .Hirako went silent then said he was the one who should say that.Urahara was left thinking about HIrako’s words. The he thought, “Just like what Yoruichi san said. This seems fun, being a captain.”

* The next day, HIyori was so mad to see that her office (the captain’s and vice-captain’s room) was changed into a weird experimental room. They bickered until Urahara asked Hiyori to go with him somewhere. When she asked where she was shocked when he replied, “To the maggot nest.”

Credits : SpaceCat / Annie

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2008-04-04 at 00:29.
Old 2008-04-01, 13:26   Link #2
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever

So Yoruichi was the second captain *good to know as that was all a bit up in the air*

so is this the chapter where everything starts to go wrong and alot of the captains become exiled from soul society?
Old 2008-04-01, 13:31   Link #3
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah I think so Vizard is a taboo so the creator and Vizards were exiled .Yoru being childhood friends with Ura aided his escape .
Old 2008-04-01, 13:38   Link #4
Hitsugaya_Toushiro

BOOOM HAIL TO KUBO!!!!!!

Yuroichi as 2nd captain!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 2008-04-01, 13:48   Link #5
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I dont know its a mere coincidence or not. Both 2nd Div Taichos held head of Omnitsu Kido . Is 2nd div speciality Div , Yamaji is head of 1 Div and So Taicho . Similarly the second div Taicho head of Omnitsu Kido
Old 2008-04-01, 14:14   Link #6
Zek
Eyebrows...

I don't think it's a coincidence, just like the 11th division captain is always the current Kenpachi and maybe the 12th division captain is always head of the research division.

And I guess this confirms that Yoruichi has shikai and bankai. I wonder why she never uses either.
Old 2008-04-01, 14:27   Link #7
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
ehm, lol, even though everyone speculated on Yoru beeing the former 2nd squad taicho(including myself) I don't get why Kubo waited so damn long to reveal this "secret", he could have used the flashback during the SoiFon/Yoru fight.. and now it sounds weird when SoiFon declares herself as Yoru's successor regarding the Omnitsu Kido.. why didn't she mentioned the taicho-position? this doesn't feel "smooth"

and Urahara should have had a hard time with his fuku.. Hiyori must hate him for replacing Hikifune
Old 2008-04-01, 14:31   Link #8
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Very quick this week.

I wished you were always this quick. :Heh:
Old 2008-04-01, 15:01   Link #9
Hitsugaya_Toushiro

so only division 10 and 6 are left.

*roll dice for Isshin's division*

Old 2008-04-01, 15:31   Link #10
M4rauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
And I guess this confirms that Yoruichi has shikai and bankai. I wonder why she never uses either.
Just because someone is a captain doesn't mean that they have Bankai or even Shikai.
Old 2008-04-01, 15:47   Link #11
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rauder View Post
Just because someone is a captain doesn't mean that they have Bankai or even Shikai.
I assumed having bankai was a requirement to being a captain (with kenpachi being the exception because of one of the other means to becoming a captain) I doubt Yoruichi did what kenpachi did to become a captain
Old 2008-04-01, 15:56   Link #12
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
the third way is

Quote:
To have personal recommendations from at least six captains and approval from at least three of the remaining seven.
source: wiki
Old 2008-04-01, 15:56   Link #13
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
I assumed having bankai was a requirement to being a captain (with kenpachi being the exception because of one of the other means to becoming a captain) I doubt Yoruichi did what kenpachi did to become a captain
Well the other requirement was being voted in by the Captains so that may have been how she got in too.
Old 2008-04-01, 15:58   Link #14
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rauder View Post
I think kenpachi is the only exception so far, which means if KT has been hiding Yourchi's bankai for so long, there must be a reason for it. *rubs hands in anticipation* i can't wait ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitsugaya_Toushiro View Post
so only division 10 and 6 are left.

*roll dice for Isshin's division*

:rofl: exactly!! I am half betting 6th... which would of course make the whole situation with Byakuya hilarious, which is where i think KT is going with this. ^_^

Which would be interesting to find out what Isshin's original surname was, as it couldn't have been kurosaki otherwise Byakuya would have recognised it by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Yeah I think so Vizard is a taboo so the creator and Vizards were exiled .Yoru being childhood friends with Ura aided his escape .
Oh i know that, i just wanted to know will it be in this chapter or not, or will this be just more surface information. *like who fits in where*

I am thinking the latter more than the former.
Old 2008-04-01, 16:12   Link #15
Hitsugaya_Toushiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant Destruction View Post
:rofl: exactly!! I am half betting 6th... which would of course make the whole situation with Byakuya hilarious, which is where i think KT is going with this. ^_^

Which would be interesting to find out what Isshin's original surname was, as it couldn't have been kurosaki otherwise Byakuya would have recognised it by now.
like i already said on previous -108 pendulum........Isshin....SHIBA?
Old 2008-04-01, 16:36   Link #16
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

lol, chapter out so quick? i thought it was suppose to come out on friday.....

oh well i'm not complaining, thanks Geta

now who fancy kanoji being the 6th squad captain?
Old 2008-04-01, 16:41   Link #17
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitsugaya_Toushiro View Post
like i already said on previous -108 pendulum........Isshin....SHIBA?
ohhh! great minds think alike! ^_<

Sorry, wasn't in much for the previous chapter, if i treaded on anyone toes i certainly didn't mean too. ^_^
Old 2008-04-01, 16:45   Link #18
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Yoruichi was expected to be a captain by that time (considering her apprentice's status), as the memories of the past about her leading status did not seem to have lasted for a few years (considering that she was also exiled ~100 years ago).

How Urahara managed to become the reason for the exile of that many high-level Shinigamis...at that young-looking age. Even Aizen had managed the forced-departure of only 2. It is a really amazing feature.

It is also interesting for the chapter to give more information on Hikifune. Does this mean, she will have a role in the future or somewhere in between the current arc and the current timeline? Hopefully, not as Ichigo's mother (would be a big blow for Hiyori to live around her yet not to be able to see her before she really dies).

And, lastly, I wonder if Isshin will enter the scene in the current arc. As a retired one, or a young one, or another member of the Royal Guard. Considering his relationship to Ishida's father (and his human status), his powers should be okay around 20 years ago. And, we can also guess that he does not seem to be a captain in the current arc. So, if he wasn't exiled by the end of the current arc, and continued to stay as a shinigami, how he lost his powers as a captain level raises some questions (ignoring the ignorance of Rukia who has not heard about him). Such as was it a voluntary loss or a forced loss?
Old 2008-04-01, 18:33   Link #19
Plaata

I didn't think Yoruichi was exiled. By the way Soi Fong spoke, Yoruichi helped Urahara escape and then went with him, but was never formally exiled (hence why she can return at will.) I imagine the Vizard weren't formally exiled either, but ran for fear of a death sentence (the obvious outcome) and Kisuke created the untraceable gigia (which he was exiled for) to help the Vizard escape because he felt guilty for his part in creating them.

Just the way I see the whole situation.

As for Isshin, I'm really not sure about him. I do believe he was probably a Shiba, but I don't think he was Kaien's father (and I definately don't buy into the whole Ichigo=Kaien reincarnation theory) but he had to be at least of captain level, but he also only lost his powers 20 years before the current timeline, not the 100 years before which was the time of exile. I'm just waiting to see where it goes.
Old 2008-04-01, 18:40   Link #20
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Yeh it does make more since that Yoruichi Left of her own will being that unlike Kisuke who cant enter SS she can go back and forth at will. As for Isshin being a shiba...i dunno its possible although its weird that with all the shinigami going back ad forth through ichigo's home and neighborhood that no one has recognized isshin and determined who he actually is