AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-29, 10:11   Link #1761
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Am I the only one who think that this show is getting better..... XD

love the action scene so much (little difference from the manga)
but how they picture arcade scene and hospital scene is awesome.... I can feel Aria and Kinji's feelings very well....

and Reki... she is the star in this episode..... lol
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 10:22   Link #1762
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Yeah, I too think it's getting better. If merely because of Riko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
We all know that the tron is a lascivious pervert who preys on both lolis and torpedo tits.

Hide your waifus in the presence of tron before he activates his pervert-mode!

Thread was going nicely serious until you came along! It's not my fault Riko has big ones! I use my eyes for their intended purpose and I'm going to keep looking at her torpedo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
More seriously, I wouldn't hesitate: I'd hand those keys over to someone more heroically inclined.
Too bad Kinji can't pass all his blood to someone else less fortunate

In all seriousness though, everyone in Assault knows him because he S ranked them. It was afterwards when he chose to slack off anything hysterical so instead of working those S rank skills he chose to hide them away because he doesn't like it. So now he's an E rank, and it's a coincidence that Aria was there to see it. She has a valid argument for pursuing him, she knows he S ranked his exam, she saw what he's capable of, guess what, indirectly she's asking him "why the hell aren't you still an S rank?"

Look now at episode 03. She knew she's the rank S, she made it clear she's going to protect his E rank butt, but he did the juvenile thing of going outside the bus when his S ranked superior made clear he's to stay inside. Of course she's going to be mad, of course she's going to be pissed he just may actually be the lowly E rank that he claims to be, and of course she's discouraged that when they first met, he could be the one she was looking for, but ended up being nothing more than a new scar on her forehead.

We said it earlier to not judge this series just on it's first 2 eps, well gee whiz let's not judge it on these first 3 either because if this series is using the manga as a storyboard pacing blueprint like they have been, then episode 04 should not only clear up Kinji's side of the story, but Aria's side as well. And hopefully a bit on Riko too
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 10:23   Link #1763
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Then he'll be another kind of scum if he require incentive to move, money or otherwise.
Then I guess you do your job for free and live off charity? (Or plan to, if you aren't working yet.)

Quote:
And Yes skill matters obviously, that's the whole point. did you think Aria would bother with an average Joe?
That's just from Aria's point of view. For her own needs. I'm speaking from the point of view of society in general, since I don't believe we all exist only for Aria's sake. What are our rights and duties toward society? Do they change when we happen to be good at something? What you're claiming is basically some kind of duty from the best of us to give up on their own desires and use their gifts for free. I happen to disagree with that thesis. I think we're all equals. And if the best have a duty to serve, then so do the mediocre who make up the bulk of the population.

Quote:
Kinji is said to have a very high skill level, not by just her but everybody in his former division.
Let's say he was the best first year student in the Assault section of Tokyo Butei High when he was there. It's a vast world. All those qualifiers shouldn't fill you with confidence.

Quote:
It seems in the end you and I have a different way of seeing things; while I agree that one must take care of himself first, I also admit that it's an ugly thing.
So's thinking you own others.

Quote:
Again, both of them are equally at fault for not coming clean in the first place.

I don't know what Aria needs Kinji for, but I understand desperation even if you have to complicate others.
It's not a matter of coming clean. Even if she had the saddest sob story ever, it wouldn't give her any special rights over Kinji.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 10:24   Link #1764
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
dahak is probably looking at the skirts that won't show what's behind it no matter what.

ya know, if I have to name a problem with this series, that's gotta be it.
I'm perfectly fine with all the rest, really. But that... that's one thing that just keeps irking me.

anyways, looks like 2ch has spotted an interesting similarity:

Spoiler for Reki = Lynne?:

too bad they cut out Reki's full chant...
c'mon, it's her introduction, let her say whatever she has to say; since she probably isn't going to speak that much other than that.

Hm... have to say, the whole speed-like thingy is getting a bit repetitive. Thankfully, there was Reki to save it this time.

also,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria
I'll blow a hole through you whether you tune in or not!
Oi, oi... isn't that a bit harsh? I'd like to tune in next time, so pls don't blast a hole through me either way, ok?
Old 2011-04-29, 10:50   Link #1765
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Huh? Based on what's been presented so far, Hysteria Kinji is practically a god compared to his peers. Considering how easily he stopped the butei killer's 7 gun-on-wheels' onslaught w/o even breaking a sweat, its hard to say he's "very, very far from the best", esp since he outmaneuvered Aria and she is one of the best butei's in the school.

You sure it just wasn't the lack of Kugitsunderism?
Hm, a side-effect... I mean that if story(-telling) sucks, they can milk Rie to make up for it
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 10:53   Link #1766
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Then I guess you do your job for free and live off charity? (Or plan to, if you aren't working yet.)
It's not the same; what you're saying is that people should never do anything unless it benefits them always.

Quote:
That's just from Aria's point of view. For her own needs. I'm speaking from the point of view of society in general, since I don't believe we all exist only for Aria's sake. What are our rights and duties toward society? Do they change when we happen to be good at something? What you're claiming is basically some kind of duty from the best of us to give up on their own desires and use their gifts for free. I happen to disagree with that thesis. I think we're all equals. And if the best have a duty to serve, then so do the mediocre who make up the bulk of the population.
Humans aren't equal, we never were and we probably never will be. Some are born rich, some don't have parents, other have to work after school, and some go to become presidents. This is never about society and all that complicating stuff, its not like Kinji stop getting paid once he returns to Assault. This is about one person asking another for help, and you're saying one has to be begged or offered rewards before they should move.

In the first place You overdemonized Aria, she may be forciful with her approach but in the end she agreed to his conditions.

Quote:
Let's say he was the best first year student in the Assault section of Tokyo Butei High when he was there. It's a vast world. All those qualifiers shouldn't fill you with confidence.
If anybody can be S ranked, it wouldn't be the top rank now would it.

Quote:
So's thinking you own others.

It's not a matter of coming clean. Even if she had the saddest sob story ever, it wouldn't give her any special rights over Kinji.
Again, overdemonized.

You choose to ignore all the compromises she made with Kinji. So what? People should not be allow to trouble others? Are you saying you never lean on someone hard to get what you want?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 11:00   Link #1767
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Hm... have to say, the whole speed-like thingy is getting a bit repetitive. Thankfully, there was Reki to save it this time.
It's... the butei killer's fault, actually. Instead of driving by the bus and tossing a satchel charge into it, the butei killer was generous enough to give the choices of "Drive Angry to live, slow down to die" What kind of Butei killer is that? The toying kind, that's what lol.

Quote:
Oi, oi... isn't that a bit harsh? I'd like to tune in next time, so pls don't blast a hole through me either way, ok?
It's too late, we've all got a new hole in our bodies next week whether we tune in or not
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 11:14   Link #1768
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not the same; what you're saying is that people should never do anything unless it benefits them always.
Not at all. I'm saying we should never force people to do what they don't want to do for the sole reason that they're good at it. That we should never take it for granted they'll do it for free, and demand it as our due. To use a topic close to our hearts, I consider such an attitude akin to email fansubbers and scanlators and demanding the next release NAO, only with more gunthreats.

I have no problem with a hero choosing to help out of the goodness of his heart. I do have a problem with people demanding his help at gunpoint, or even just harassing him until he caves.

Quote:
Humans aren't equal, we never were and we probably never will be. Some are born rich, some don't have parents, other have to work after school, and some go to become presidents. This is never about society and all that complicating stuff, its not like Kinji stop getting paid once he returns to Assault. This is about one person asking another for help, and you're saying one has to be begged or offered rewards before they should move.
No, I'm saying that one has the right to say "no". I'm saying that one doesn't have the right to move in and invade somebody's life, proffering threats of violence at every turn.

Quote:
In the first place You overdemonized Aria, she may be forciful with her approach but in the end she agreed to his conditions.
That's like saying a mugger who only takes half a person's wallet is "overdemonized" when he's still called a mugger.

Quote:
If anybody can be S ranked, it wouldn't be the top rank now would it.
For a student.

Quote:
Again, overdemonized.

You choose to ignore all the compromises she made with Kinji.
What compromises were those? Again, she can at best be described as someone who only took half his wallet. After much pleading on his part. She remains a mugger.

Quote:
So what? People should not be allow to trouble others? Are you saying you never lean on someone hard to get what you want?
I certainly never threaten to blast holes in them. Or even use any kind of physical violence.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2011-04-29 at 11:27.
Old 2011-04-29, 12:29   Link #1769
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well if the investigations of 2 departments says no clues and she doesn't have the "Holmes" part of her name, then the report is no good to her.

What about Kinji? He doesn't trust his partner enough to show his true talents. Though he did see the bullet coming at them so part of his Hysteria mode was activating. That must also be frustrating to Aria.

Hmm... this is the second time the boys dorm area was attacked. Do you think that the target is actually Kinji? And the Butei Killer knows Aria or Kinji?
Yeah I think it's not about lack of appreciation for the inquesta and repier. She already had a few reasons to be frustrated so probably not up to read a report at hte moment anyways. Plus sounds like they wrote several pages just to say they learned absolutely nothing. Still I'm sure she'll pick it up and check it out later.

Think it's probable that Kinji would be a target. Not impossible that the killer has enough resources to know about Kinji's ability and wanting to put it out of commission.
Old 2011-04-29, 12:33   Link #1770
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So when's the OP and ED singles going to be released?

Reki is highlight of this ep....seriously.

And Riko...your cuteness never ceases to please eh....

I find that out of the so called typical tsundere roles that Kugimiya plays, Aria is her best. She's actually cute and likeable compared to the rest.....and her voice seems most natural here. Not as forced as say Shana or Taiga....
Old 2011-04-29, 13:00   Link #1771
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I prefer Nagi to Aria by a wide margin. Though I guess she's not that much of a tsundere.

Or Touko. Would Touko count as a Tsundere?

Oh, and there was Mio from ZKC.
Old 2011-04-29, 13:04   Link #1772
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I prefer Nagi to Aria by a wide margin. Though I guess she's not that much of a tsundere.

Or Touko. Would Touko count as a Tsundere?

Oh, and there was Mio from ZKC.
I was thinking main character-wise....otherwise, Anieze Sanctis beats them all
Old 2011-04-29, 13:07   Link #1773
ZeKeR
Superbad

I expected Reki to sit down while using the SVD tho.... oh well... whatever fits...
Old 2011-04-29, 13:12   Link #1774
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Laying down is the ideal position for firing any kind of sniper rifle. It lessens the amount of trembling the hand does and allows for greater pinpointed accuracy.

You can't really sit down trying to fire one, that would just be awkwardly difficult. Crouching while resting an elbow one leg would work though, but it's not as efficient as laying down.
Old 2011-04-29, 13:26   Link #1775
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

He said that to emphasize how good Reki actually is.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:27   Link #1776
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Who needs a wallet when you have sexy-lil Riko-chan around!!

And Reki-chan... Already having fanfic ideas of her fighting "The End" from Metal Gear Solid 3 if she can make crazy-awesome shots like that from one moving vehicle, past moving obstacles like that!!
Old 2011-04-29, 13:30   Link #1777
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 3.

There are a serious number of holes in the action scene but I didn't really care. I was too busy laughing my ass off at the most hilariously stereotypically Japanese take on Speed I've ever seen. The premise is still far too ridiculous for me to take seriously, so that only really leaves the chemistry between Kinji and Aria. On the plus side, Aria is a lot more civil now. On the other side I didn't really see anything I haven't seen before and all feels too standard. Well atleast it was until they argued with each other. That was okay. But since that relies on setting I can't take that 100% seriously no matter how good it may be.

So yeah, still mixed opinions.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:46   Link #1778
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

When Reki showed up all of a sudden I had a 'Demon Lord in the Back' flashback.

Oh dear my Harems are getting mixed up.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:50   Link #1779
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Oh dear my Harems are getting mixed up.
Hey, as long as the children don't meet and all start calling you Daddy at once (YOU TOLD ME I WAS THE ONLY ONE YOU CHEATING BASTARD!! ) All will be A-O-Kay.
Old 2011-04-29, 14:50   Link #1780
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 3:

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere