AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 48 47.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 15.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-20, 07:46   Link #61
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well, I didn't say the most popular show in Japan by view stats after all ... only that it was getting a lot of buzz. And that would be amongst the crowd that tend to watch anime anyway --- those guys with the fat wallets for merchandise who record everything from midnight to sixam.

Its alll relative
Old 2008-03-20, 07:55   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well personally pretty good at standing behind something even in the face of adversity. Might lead you to disappointment if it doesn't turn out, but that's just the way things go. Might as well keep a little optimism and worry about later when it comes.
Old 2008-03-20, 08:03   Link #63
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
Spoiler for :
Its not a regular wolf. Or at least thats what she tells Lawrence. Its hinted that there are other wolf gods every time she mentions the north, and her friends. This youngster is probably a young wolf god that has recently 'evolved' into a wolf god, and is all arrogant because of it.

Where do I get the 'evolve' into wolf gods thing?
In a past episode Lawrence talked about his bad experience with wolves. Horo explains that they eat human brains to gain their knowlege. They were talking about regular wolves. So i took this as meaning that if a wolf gains enough knowlege, he 'evolves' into a wolf god.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2008-03-20, 08:16   Link #64
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Interesting.

Also, if you guys was a second season, buy and import the soundtrack CDs, the anime DVDs, and the merchandise. That's the best way to help if you're not poor.
Old 2008-03-20, 08:29   Link #65
Khaos

Arrow

Good episode, bad cliffhanger...
But somehow I got the feeling, it was over pretty fast.
Old 2008-03-20, 08:34   Link #66
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well personally pretty good at standing behind something even in the face of adversity. Might lead you to disappointment if it doesn't turn out, but that's just the way things go. Might as well keep a little optimism and worry about later when it comes.
how true. the most important thing as of now is whether they close this season , whether its the last or not well. theyve certainly built it up for something of a good finale, lets hope they can pull it off!.. bah one thing dissapoints me though, i was hoping that the big wolf was actually one of the wolves(? well we dont know if they were wolves like her or not, but ill assume so) that horo mentioned to lawrence earlier in the series when she talked about how their kind live long and loneliness etc. perhaps well might see it in another season. *snap* ah, there i go getting my hopes up again
Old 2008-03-20, 08:57   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Was initially curious when seeing the raw that it could have beeon one of those companions. But guess there aren't enough episodes for that since it would have been a major reunion for Horo. Still didn't think we'd run into a wolf like that any time soon. Is likely this guy is a wolf that recently evolved up to that state. Pretty cocky picking a fight with Horo who is clearly more experienced than that guy is.

Do just hope we wrap up the season in a good fashion. Is looking like a pretty good one is coming up though. With a fight breaking out I wonder how long that will last. Obviously didn't take Horo long to take care of those guys at the end of the last arc, but this could take a little bit longer.
Old 2008-03-20, 08:59   Link #68
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
Its not a regular wolf. Or at least thats what she tells Lawrence. Its hinted that there are other wolf gods every time she mentions the north, and her friends. This youngster is probably a young wolf god that has recently 'evolved' into a wolf god, and is all arrogant because of it.

Where do I get the 'evolve' into wolf gods thing?
In a past episode Lawrence talked about his bad experience with wolves. Horo explains that they eat human brains to gain their knowlege. They were talking about regular wolves. So i took this as meaning that if a wolf gains enough knowlege, he 'evolves' into a wolf god.
then they need to eat alot of human to become that size, i wonder Horo also do the same thing in the past..... ..
Old 2008-03-20, 12:32   Link #69
Muyasuki

This episode felt so much shorter than it actually was, which just ended up reminding me. This episode was easily a 10, everything about the episode was done so well that I'll extremely pissed off if there is no second season.

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2008-03-20, 13:01   Link #70
Rodo K.
The Other Alice

I kinda figured that the wolf in the op wasn't Horo. But now that she's in a jam, i hope there's a second season. Will Horo communicate with them? And will they agree to her terms.
Old 2008-03-20, 13:14   Link #71
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Gah! Just ONE MORE EPISODE left >_<

as for the younger large wolf, I agree on the theory of eating humans to gain knowledge and turning into a wolf god

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-03-20, 14:20   Link #72
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
then they need to eat alot of human to become that size, i wonder Horo also do the same thing in the past..... ..
They wouldnt eat the humans to grow in size, but rather to gain wisdom. That would be when they evolve/reach the next level of conciousness.

She keeps saying 'youngster' despite the wolf being just as big as she is. Which is what makes me think hes a newbie/recently evolved and acting all cocky since evolving is probably a big deal.

Horo will basically beat him down and teach him he didnt reach the end because he evolved, but rather, is at the beginning.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2008-03-20, 14:25   Link #73
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Stepping it up...

This episode is worthy of it's status as second to last with an excellent combination of suspense, romance and a gripping ending.

Spoiler for episode 11:
Old 2008-03-20, 14:31   Link #74
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Actually, the episode where Horo gets on Lawrence's bad side when telling stories about wolves dealing with humans who enter the forest makes it pretty clear she's done her share of "eating" (she pleads with Lawrence not to ask her about it).

Eating the brains of worthy opponents to acquire their attributes is a very old bit of lore.

And has been pointed out, the size of a wolf-god is not related to how much they ate. Its just a representation of their power level as an evolved demigod.
Old 2008-03-20, 14:34   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
Horo will basically beat him down and teach him he didn't reach the end because he evolved, but rather, is at the beginning.
Well that and to respect those with more experience. Reach that level and get pretty cocky. That and it's going to cost them another set of clothes so the wolf will have to pay for that as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesince83 View Post
This episode is worthy of it's status as second to last with an excellent combination of suspense, romance and a gripping ending.

Spoiler for episode 11:
The sheep really aren't the sharpest tools so not noticing isn't a surprise. Was interesting to find out that Enik knew about Horo. Good enough to keep quiet on it though. Since you really don't want to get a wolf of Horo's class upset. Besides you start barking at something that looks human and you'll just look crazy. If he can pick up on who Horo is, probably knows she doesn't have any dangerous intent right now. Will keep him a little nervous though.
Old 2008-03-20, 19:38   Link #76
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Enik's a male sheepdog above-average intelligence, kinda like a canine version of Lawrence. And attracted to Horo to boot. Ooh, bad boy. Wonder if Lawrence and Enik would be good friends if they were of the same species.
Old 2008-03-20, 19:50   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Thought Horo was just playing around when she mentioned that. Even Enik seemed to give a 'I'm what?' expression when Horo said that. Since Horo was upset that Enik didn't "know his place." Not like he could argue his case against it.

Well if I'm right and Horo was playing around maybe Enik and Lawrence would get along. Both having to deal with that kind of thing with Horo. Some questions we may never have the answers to.
Old 2008-03-20, 19:55   Link #78
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Enik's a male sheepdog above-average intelligence, kinda like a canine version of Lawrence. And attracted to Horo to boot. Ooh, bad boy. Wonder if Lawrence and Enik would be good friends if they were of the same species.
Too bad Lawrence is a HOMO sapien
Old 2008-03-20, 20:24   Link #79
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

As opposed to what?

Your joke, you lost me.
Old 2008-03-20, 22:19   Link #80
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
I just remembered rule 34. I wish I didn't.
Closed Thread