AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-21, 00:23   Link #1
Banjou Haran

Anime shows with great car chase scenes...

I recently saw the classic anime OVA series: Gunsmith Cats. A short 3 parter. It is a lot of fun. I love Rally Vincent! Also, the show has great attention to detail on the cars and guns.

I also really enjoyed the lengthy car chase scene in part 2. It's quite memorable as it leads up to the conclusion of that episode.

I'm trying to think of other anime with such great scenes. I saw Dominion Tank Police awhile back and that had a fun tank chase scene. Najica had a fun car chase scene in one episode. And, it's been awhile since I've seen the Ghost in the Shell series and movies. But, I can remember vaguely some car chase scenes. As well as one episode featuring a huge spider tank being chased by the Tachikomas.

But, the car chase scene in Gunsmith Cats is really fun and long! I would say my favourite from anime.
Old 2008-09-21, 01:12   Link #2
Shenlong

The first few episodes of You're under arrest had some really fun car chase scenes, and you can't forget the motorcycle chase scenes from Akira. And if you liked Gunsmith Cats, check out Riding Bean. It is some sort of alternate universe to Gunsmith Cats, Rally Vincent appears as the main character's sidekick but has darker skin.
Old 2008-09-21, 04:56   Link #3
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If car chase = vehicle chase, then vehicle = mechs, yes there are quite alot of mech chase scenes lol

Karas had a car/plane switchable chase scene.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-09-21, 07:31   Link #4
AceD
See You En' Tee

black lagoon has a few, car/boat chase scenes
Old 2008-09-21, 10:25   Link #5
gaguri

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Adolescence Apocalypse, thread gg. 20 minutes long climax of epic racing car chase, nothing really beats this. It's a movie though, and definitely not about cars.
Old 2008-09-21, 21:11   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Benika shows off her considerable driving skills (on snow and ice no less) in the last couple of episodes of Kure-nai. I believe she's driving a Ferrari or perhaps a Maserati. One of the best single lines of dialogue in the entire show accompanies this scene.
Old 2008-09-21, 21:55   Link #7
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

are u guys forgetting initial d?
Old 2008-09-21, 22:03   Link #8
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
are u guys forgetting initial d?
A race isn't the same thing as a car chase. Though there is the movie, third stage I think it is, which has an actual chase in it.
Old 2008-09-21, 22:09   Link #9
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
A race isn't the same thing as a car chase. Though there is the movie, third stage I think it is, which has an actual chase in it.
car chasing (dogfights) happened pretty often during a race in initial d, so there, and yes there is the chase where
Spoiler for 3rd stage:
Old 2008-09-21, 23:22   Link #10
Banjou Haran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenlong View Post
The first few episodes of You're under arrest had some really fun car chase scenes, and you can't forget the motorcycle chase scenes from Akira. And if you liked Gunsmith Cats, check out Riding Bean. It is some sort of alternate universe to Gunsmith Cats, Rally Vincent appears as the main character's sidekick but has darker skin.
Ah, I haven't seen Riding Bean yet. But, I know it's by Kenichi Sonada who also created Gunsmith Cats. So, it sounds like one I should watch sometime.

Oh and regarding Akira. It's been a long time since I saw it. I have to see it again eventually. I also must see You're Under Arrest. I really love Ah! Megami-sama and thus I am a fan of Kosuke Fujishima. He seems to be a fan of cars as well. Since, AMS has the occasional racing storyline.

I should have mentioned Lupin III. I've seen quite a few Lupin movies. So, it's hard to remember exactly which ones have car chases. However; I seem to remember a very good one in the Castle of Cagliostro. But, there were other Lupin movies that had fun car chases as well.

A little bit different was Parasite Dolls. It had an action scene where a helicopter is chasing a car.

There's seems to be a lot of good anime with car chase scenes mentioned by posters. Like Revolutionary Girl Utena. I saw some of the series. But, not the movie yet. And, Black Lagoon is a show I want to see. I noticed that the second barrage is being released now by Funi.

And, Initial D was mentioned. I've played the arcade game before. But, I've not seen the anime; nor have I read the manga. The series sounds like a lot of fun though.
Old 2008-09-22, 18:43   Link #11
Happy_Chip

eX-Driver?
Old 2009-01-04, 17:51   Link #12
cuteycindyhoney

Gunsmith Cats
Old 2009-01-04, 18:21   Link #13
Yokai

Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex had a few car chase scenes, but they usually were more of a following than a chase, though there are a few parts where those get action packed!

That's the best I got for ya.
Old 2009-01-04, 18:25   Link #14
Ottocycle

Vexille has one of the most epic chase scenes in recent memory, though the machines in question aren't even cars.

Or are they even machines? Well there's a tunnel involved, at least.
Old 2009-01-04, 20:52   Link #15
Shadow Kira01

I glanced through this thread and didn't notice this one:

Blassreiter: Cars chasing cars; cars chases bikes; bikes chasing cars; bikes chasing bikes. Fits the description.

Edit: Just noticed.. Shouldn't this be in the "suggestions" place? I even though I posted the reply in the wrong thread.
Closed Thread