AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 20 28.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 37.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 26.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-25, 01:47   Link #41
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I was afraid at first the way the ep. started that this was going to be another filler (two in a row!) but then things started to happen outside of Daitetsu's mind as well as in. I could have done without the recap of Jin's stupid hysteria but I feel things are back on track again with Daitetsu discovering something odd is going on, and Nagi's amnesia, finally some plot movement! Shame we didn't see Zange, maybe Daitetsu could have a daydream about her next? That would be 110% win!

Nagi seems a bit like Pai in 3x3 Eyes, with the cute human persona often being unaware of what the immortal god persona has been up to. I wonder if only part of Nagi manifested in the statue and the rest of her spirit is still in the earth of the shrine or the part of the tree that was left (was the rest of it burnt I wonder?).

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-11-25, 02:56   Link #42
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Lol i loved the fantasy about "forbidden love" his friend had eheheh
Old 2008-11-25, 05:33   Link #43
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not sure whether he meant it or was just supporting his friends and dissing his enemies, but apparently Yamakan said last weekend that he liked Ga-rei Zero and Kurogane no Linebarrels and watched them every week and did not plan to watch the Lucky Star OVA.
I'm actually surprised that Yamamoto is that bitter (assuming he did say that). I mean, his dismissal was probably unfair, but I would have expected a slightly more professional attitude towards it, and bit more of a "forgive and forget" philosophy. Even if he has his grievances with KyoAni, I'd hardly think that the public media is the best place to air them. Nonetheless, I've no doubt as to which out of Lucky Star and this is the superior anime. I think that Lucky Star kinda had the pressure from the beginning of being a KyoAni series, so it was expected to be popular, which IMO came at a detriment to its production. This series probably never had the expectation, so it being popular is something of a bonus.

An amusing ep, not quite as many LOLs as the last two. They really took the roundabout route towards making a joke about Jin x Daitetsu. They were hinting at it all episode, but it took Takako towards the end of the ep to actually make a crack about it. Daitetsu's imagination rivals that of Sakura Misaki.
Old 2008-11-25, 07:52   Link #44
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quite an imagination he's got.

Also, forbidden love against forbidden love. Unless she pulls an "I am your mother" moment, does Tsugumi have a chance?
Old 2008-11-25, 08:21   Link #45
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I though the delusions were pretty stock, except Daitetsu is HUGE and pretty scary. It's just weird to see someone so menacing think like that and act upon it. When girls in the school were avoiding him, and him looking super-menacing in the roof of his own house... Wow. That actually WAS SCARY. And hilarious.

And funny how he's probably the closest person to unlocking the whole mystery and even ahead of Jin in some ways.
Old 2008-11-25, 13:28   Link #46
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Excellent episode. Daitetsu's delusions were absolutely priceless!!! And the family comedy act....
I also loved scary Nagi, and lol at Tsugumi's speculations...

But why goats???
Old 2008-11-25, 16:02   Link #47
CocoWawa

I've been watching the Ayako subs so far because they are early and in AVI. I haven't had any problems up untill ep. 8, where I thought some sentence could have been rephrased or had some extra fot notes added to them. Here are the examples from the episode that made me go wo0t?! Probably it's just me and my nescience but what are your guys opinions? Any other fansub group that could be worth checking out also?

Spoiler for ep 8 @ 03:50:

Spoiler for ep 8 @ 09:30:

Anyways I think Ayako did a good job and I really liked this episode. Daitetsu is hilarious. Imma gonna watch it again I think :3
Old 2008-11-25, 17:31   Link #48
GarKamina

Good episode, Jin sure was admiring that guy's body.
Old 2008-11-26, 01:23   Link #49
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoWawa View Post
I've been watching the Ayako subs so far because they are early and in AVI. I haven't had any problems up untill ep. 8, where I thought some sentence could have been rephrased or had some extra fot notes added to them. Here are the examples from the episode that made me go wo0t?! Probably it's just me and my nescience but what are your guys opinions? Any other fansub group that could be worth checking out also?

Spoiler for ep 8 @ 03:50:

Spoiler for ep 8 @ 09:30:

Anyways I think Ayako did a good job and I really liked this episode. Daitetsu is hilarious. Imma gonna watch it again I think :3
i heard EnA is also worth checking, not sure about SHiN-gx & Genjo but from what i've heard they are doing a good job as well so you might want to check the two other groups out. I plan on getting ENA releases once the anime finishes, for now i'm following who's the fastest.
Old 2008-11-26, 01:35   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

EnA has done excellent translation/edit/qc work in the past. yeah, I'm catching their stuff and storing it for comparision later. However, Ayako has done pretty consistent work over the years and some of my favorite series were covered by them.

There probably isn't a single series where some line of dialog subtitling didn't make me wince at some point. If it was softsubbed, I could fix it but the hardcoded ones just had to stay.
Old 2008-11-26, 04:54   Link #51
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Yea that was a pretty good episode. The imagination that Daitetsu has is so entertaining. And thanks to him we got some rather scandalous echii imagery of Nagi. Now we just need some Zange and Tsugumi. At risk of making it another harem anime, I would like to see Tsugumi try a little harder.

Earlier someone quoted this,
Quote:
The mangaka is the blue person with the bubble-thing coming out of its mouth, right above the fairy. Dunno where the Konata cameo was.
Below you see the picture. I have enhanced the image to showcase the characters in question. Mangaka apparently is the blue guy. Who is the green haired girl below that running out of the bathroom?

Spoiler for Hidden for space:
Old 2008-11-26, 07:45   Link #52
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Who is the green haired girl below that running out of the bathroom?
From what I hear, she's the titular character from Kaiketsu Yousei Punyata(Extraordinary Fairy Punyata), which shares the same mangaka as Kannagi.
Old 2008-11-26, 16:07   Link #53
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Thanks Daitetsu, and the creator of Kannagi, for making me feel like a dirty old man.
Old 2008-11-26, 19:14   Link #54
HandofFate

so what happens if the wood from the deity tree was purified by burning?
Would the spirit find itself in a new tree planted to serve as the guardian tree of the land?

Nagi seemed to much prefer that she ended up being burned as planned.
Old 2008-11-26, 23:14   Link #55
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Who is the green haired girl below that running out of the bathroom?

Spoiler for Hidden for space:
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
From what I hear, she's the titular character from Kaiketsu Yousei Punyata(Extraordinary Fairy Punyata), which shares the same mangaka as Kannagi.
what humbug23 says.

怪傑妖精プニャタ
Kaiketsu Yousei Punyata

fairy' name is Punyata.
Old 2008-11-27, 14:54   Link #56
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
what humbug23 says.

怪傑妖精プニャタ
Kaiketsu Yousei Punyata

fairy' name is Punyata.
So, wait, is this a continuation of the Kannagi volume 2 omake?
Old 2008-11-28, 00:40   Link #57
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

that page is part of the vol 2 omake
Old 2008-11-28, 05:28   Link #58
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Spoiler:

I felt the same as him when I was young. This scene was so priceless for me.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Old 2008-11-28, 05:39   Link #59
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It was very "Chiyo-Sakaki" of them.
Old 2008-11-28, 17:16   Link #60
Solafighter
Hige

looool

This series is getting better and better!

Looking forward to the next episode.