AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-11-01, 16:50   Link #521
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Great! This is what a review should be like. ANN pales in so many ways.

Thanks.
The way I see it, by the time a show is coming out, it's been reviewed from hell and back while it was still airing. Also, people's tastes are so distinct that you can't tell if you'll like a show from just one person's review. Sometimes I even think, "Reviewer [X] said it sucked? I'm buying this for sure now!"

So to be truly useful, a review must focus on the presentation of the content and not the content itself.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 13:02   Link #522
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
The way I see it, by the time a show is coming out, it's been reviewed from hell and back while it was still airing. Also, people's tastes are so distinct that you can't tell if you'll like a show from just one person's review. Sometimes I even think, "Reviewer [X] said it sucked? I'm buying this for sure now!"

So to be truly useful, a review must focus on the presentation of the content and not the content itself.
I second that ^^ I Like to say that I watch anime for it's "value", and not just it's content. Take Higurashi for example. Many people watch it for the violence, and others don't because it's to violent etc... I liked it because of it's value, and story plot as a whole.
(this gives me a great idea for a new thread)
Old 2010-12-12, 00:18   Link #523
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I have a hard time finding Magical Girl Lyricial Nanoha A's. When I try to search for it on Rightstuf and Amazon, it seems that they are sold out.

If anyone can help me find a retailer that sells it for a reasonable price, it would be great.
Old 2010-12-14, 21:31   Link #524
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I have a hard time finding Magical Girl Lyricial Nanoha A's. When I try to search for it on Rightstuf and Amazon, it seems that they are sold out.

If anyone can help me find a retailer that sells it for a reasonable price, it would be great.
http://www.enterplayment.com/movies/...-p-200809.html

http://www.jr.com/product/movie/pv/_1205701V/

For stuff like this, I usually use Google's shopping search (I actually just got the now hard-to-find Statros 4 OVA from Enterplayment that way).
Old 2010-12-21, 02:52   Link #525
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:

It's actually been announced as out of print by funimation on December 10 and will never see another release.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 08:37   Link #526
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^That doesn't mean you can't find it on sale anywhere .. In fact, it's on sale at two shops at least which were posted directly above yours.
Old 2010-12-22, 02:54   Link #527
demonix

Excuse me but neither of those sites shows it as IN STOCK and I was explaining that it will never be re-issued again.
Old 2010-12-22, 09:00   Link #528
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
Excuse me but neither of those sites shows it as IN STOCK and I was explaining that it will never be re-issued again.
The first one has it on backorder, and the second one had it as in stock when I first posted the link (I suppose it's been depleted since then).
Old 2010-12-23, 02:53   Link #529
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
The first one has it on backorder, and the second one had it as in stock when I first posted the link (I suppose it's been depleted since then).
But there won't be anymore stock since as I have already mentioned that it (along with all the geneon stuff that funimation distributed) is now out of print and since the major sites don't have any stock none of the others including the ones you linked to will be able to get any more.
Old 2010-12-28, 01:12   Link #530
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
But there won't be anymore stock since as I have already mentioned that it (along with all the geneon stuff that funimation distributed) is now out of print and since the major sites don't have any stock none of the others including the ones you linked to will be able to get any more.
Thanks anyways... I guess I won't be able to see the second season ever unless they they rerelease, which I doubt will happen unless pigs fly. Such a bummer since I enjoyed Nanoha. :/
Old 2010-12-28, 01:21   Link #531
Dist

Just buy the third season and download the second season ? I mean seriously, even if you're a person who doesn't torrent anime, what else can you do if it isn't sold anywhere ? Stupid if you ask me to skip an anime that you like just cause you can't buy it anymore.
Old 2010-12-28, 09:12   Link #532
demonix

Quote:
Thanks anyways... I guess I won't be able to see the second season ever unless they they rerelease, which I doubt will happen unless pigs fly. Such a bummer since I enjoyed Nanoha. :/
The only way it'll ever get re-released is if funimation or another company rescue the series (since the series was licensed by geneon but distributed by funimation after the deal between what was known as ADV and geneon went south after geneon gave their sales and distribution staff their marching orders).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Just buy the third season and download the second season ? I mean seriously, even if you're a person who doesn't torrent anime, what else can you do if it isn't sold anywhere ? Stupid if you ask me to skip an anime that you like just cause you can't buy it anymore.
I'm guessing your not aware that strikers was never licensed and the only way to get it is directly from Japan (plus the first and second series should still be available in Japan anyway which is how I was getting all the series around the time the first two series got licensed).
Old 2010-12-28, 09:51   Link #533
Dist

Well if A's is available from Japan, and you really can't bring yourself to break the law because something can't be acquired otherwise, then most logical course besides just not watching the anime would be to buy the japanese DVD's and watch fansubs. Wouldn't that make it legal since you own it anyway ?
Old 2010-12-31, 23:56   Link #534
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Well if A's is available from Japan, and you really can't bring yourself to break the law because something can't be acquired otherwise, then most logical course besides just not watching the anime would be to buy the japanese DVD's and watch fansubs. Wouldn't that make it legal since you own it anyway ?
It might possibly be the only option, but I can't afford R2 DVDs since I am only a college student. It's kind of sad to see this happen... They could have release it on iTunes so people can still access it...

Also, this happened to Shana too. I wanted to watch the first season, but it's out of print too.
Old 2011-01-01, 08:49   Link #535
demonix

Quote:
Also, this happened to Shana too. I wanted to watch the first season, but it's out of print too.
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/2469/1...?ob=1&cpage=11
Not if you really look (and your TV can handle PAL video signals)
Old 2011-01-13, 20:59   Link #536
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

I'm interested in the poster listed here at the kyoani store. I have a couple questions about buying it.

First, I've heard that the kyoani store will not ship internationally. Can anybody confirm this? Second, if I can't get them to ship internationally does anybody here have a preferred 3rd party site that will buy the product and ship it to the United States? I'm kind of uncomfortable with sending my money to an unknown company without a reference from somebody who's used them before.
Old 2011-01-24, 01:35   Link #537
Dist

I am looking for a doujinshi shop. If you know one that works online and has large variety and amounts of doujinshi on sale, please do link here.

I know of mandarake but there aren't much there which interest me, and buying through Yahoo Auctions is no good mostly cause I don't wanna use someone in the between to get them to me, and it's usually only good for buying in bulks .. but I prefer quality over quantity.

I used to buy my stuff from some shop called '' Japanese Anime & Doujinshi Shop Samurai '' but they've closed down? or something ( nothing happens if you order ).

Also recently, there was an ad for a quite new site I think that had large amounts of doujinshi, but I can't remember the name of the site at all, and neither can I find anything from google or the ad anymore :x
Old 2011-01-26, 21:52   Link #538
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

Does anyone know where to buy a metal mask that covers the mouth & Nose bridge in Texas
Old 2011-01-26, 22:00   Link #539
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
I am looking for a doujinshi shop. If you know one that works online and has large variety and amounts of doujinshi on sale, please do link here.
Mangaoh sell dōjinshi at reasonable prices, although I'm not sure how wide their selection is. I started buying my manga from there rather than Amazon JP a couple of months ago, and so far I've found them easy to deal with even for overseas orders. They offer a "free order" service where you can request things not in their catalog, but obviously it might not help much for hard-to-find dōjinshi.

Defintiely cheaper than YJ, anyway!
Old 2011-01-27, 14:58   Link #540
Dist

For a site that ships internationally, it sure is hard to navigate .. I was lost already on the mainpage. I'm guessing you can't turn the site to English unless you use Google Translator ? Also I don't know how would I use the free order thing, since I can't read japanese D: .. or write for that matter.

I'm mainly looking for Nanoha doujinshi from the Cyclone ( サイクロン ) circle. I managed to order quite a few through JSS from various japanese sites and ebay, but it seems I'm still missing a few according to the doujinshi database at doujinshi.mugimugi.org

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime