AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-11-02, 17:08   Link #261
Hobbit
. . .

Well, first I want to say "hi" to evebody in the thread.
I just watched the movie and i'm feeling a bit uneasy with some questions. I know that the movie was intended to left some openings, maybe for a new "season", but i would be glad if someone could share his/her impression about these points:

Spoiler for Questions and some thoughts:

Hmn... hope that someone could help or ad something to that. See ya!
Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 23:05   Link #262
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, I finally (after sitting on my HDD for two months) watched this and it was amazing. Everything about it was great. My only complaint is that it was too short! I wouldn't mind a sequel, focusing more on Sammy in particular. A nice triangle with Rikuo, Sammy & Nagi would be interesting too.
Old 2010-11-27, 23:40   Link #263
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
but i would be glad if someone could share his/her impression about these points:

1. Why Sammy has the memory of Katoran (illegally discarded houseroid)?

2. I don't think, as was said few pages back, that the girl in the article about the "Tokisaka Incident" was Nagi. The girl in the pc screen has the same eyes as Sammy. Maybe it's just coincidence, but Dr. Ashimori, Sammy and the little girl in the article share the same color eye.
I'm still not sure if Shiotsuki's parting gift was Sammy or the AI, code Life. Or the reason why Ashimori broke Sammy, while the facial expressions of the people in the room, including Ashimori, are quite intriguing.

3. For the ED and the after scene, it doesn't explain much for me. Well, at least we known that Shiotsuki is keeping an eye in his AI or Sammy, and Nagi has, at least, a robotic left hand.
Sorry for the late reply, but I only noticed it now.

1. The way I see it, the cafe ruleboard has been distributing information about the place to its patrons, firstly information about the place, and then other peripheral information, for example its patrons (e.g. Katoran was able to go through the frequent customer list of Time of Eve). This, in addition to the movie opening scene, demonstrates the cafe ruleboard's ability to transmit information.

Secondly, if you look at the background screen in the opening scene, Sammy does not possess Code: Life, but Code: Eve. That's probably Shiotsuki's parting shot AI, since the investigator spy android in Masaki's part of the story also uses Code: Life, which would imply it being in widespread use. I wouldn't be surprised if the ruleboard was programmed to let on info which only Code: Eve was privy to, given that Shiotsuki programmed them both.

2. I think the implication is pretty clear that Nagi's the girl in the article. It ties in very nicely with the ending montage where she had to be warded in hospital and undergo physiotherapy. Also, readable bits and pieces of the article stated that an anti-android baton (ostensibly similar to the one in Sammy's flashback which Ashimori destroyed her predecessor with) was used to hit the girl. Another circumstantial proof comes in when you see everyone watching Masaki's father on TV and Nagi goes all melancholy, and making a reference to how it was in the past as well.

Furthermore, eye colour can be changed now via coloured contact lenses, I don't see why it can't be changed in future.

As for your third point, I feel it all falls into place once the pieces above are put together. I'd be happy to clear any specific doubts that anyone has regarding the implied background of the show though.

Last edited by Ottocycle; 2013-05-24 at 00:50. Reason: removed old sub release
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 14:20   Link #264
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This seemed like the best place to put this. A dark little short film about robots and unintended consequences. Its about 13 minutes long

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ing-Short-Film
Old 2011-03-26, 11:48   Link #265
satomianzaki

the movie was really nice as there are some developments on nagi's side of the story...she's really such a nice girl...

hope there will be continuation of the series...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 17:36   Link #266
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Recently I was talking with my mom and it turned out she had heard about this one (it was showing in NYC for some festival) so I showed her the OVAs and she liked the series quite a bit. Really hope that either the OVAs or the movie get licensed over there, that and I would like some more of the series please. XD
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 02:31   Link #267
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Recently I was talking with my mom and it turned out she had heard about this one (it was showing in NYC for some festival) so I showed her the OVAs and she liked the series quite a bit. Really hope that either the OVAs or the movie get licensed over there, that and I would like some more of the series please. XD
It's pretty interesting that your Mother heard about it. Would recommend you both watch the movie version if possible.The new scenes are really something to the story.
Old 2011-03-27, 09:38   Link #268
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I found the movie version and we watched the end of it (since I had heard about the new scenes in the credits, turns out they changed the dialog in the scene right before the credits too) but I wouldn't mind seeing the movie version sometime too.

(And it's not that strange that she heard about it actually, I've shown her stuff like The Secret of Kells before and I was the one who found her watching Spirited Away and got into anime that way, not the other way around XD )
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 07:36   Link #269
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

I watched the series and liked it alot. But i'm thinking whether to watch the movie as well. Is the movie a rehash of the tv series or does the director adds a new spin to the characters and plot?
Kayoubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 08:34   Link #270
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It's put together so it flows, and has extra scenes. It's generally the more favored one, from what I have scene. Not to mention the quality would be better.
Old 2011-03-31, 14:16   Link #271
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Not to mention the quality would be better.
It's not that much different.
Old 2011-03-31, 14:44   Link #272
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's not that much different.
It was streamed wasn't it? There should be a big difference.
Old 2011-03-31, 14:45   Link #273
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It was streamed wasn't it? There should be a big difference.
Doesn't matter if they were streamed, the OVA's can be watch in 720, which is the same quality as the DVD for the film. Sure it looks a little bit better, though like i said in my previous post, not that much difference.
Old 2011-03-31, 14:56   Link #274
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Oh? I thought they were streamed and later released as a movie. Got ya.
Old 2011-03-31, 15:01   Link #275
haegar
mangaviking

I watched the OVA bout a year ago and the Movie just recently and I gotta agree the Movie is worth it, I can't say if the quality is that much better since the series had extremly nice HQ animation already imho. In any case the few added scenes do make it worthwhile and as Drago said it has a nice flow. I rec. this to anybody who wants to get non Anime&Manga addicted people hooked with a nice, slowpaced and thought-provoking story presented via beautiful artwork.
Old 2011-04-03, 23:14   Link #276
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

Just finished watching the movie and it was really good, with a lot of new revelations about Nagi and Dr. Ashimori's motives (though still quite vague, but guessable at this point).

Yuki Kajiura's ending theme was really good by the way.

From what I can tell, Nagi as a child developed the same love for her houseroid as Masaki did but the Ethics Committee rampaged and attacked Nagi hospitalizing her and destroying her houseroid. Dr. Shiotsuki whose work was to foster acceptance of deeper trust/relationships between human and androids found out about Nagi and decided to help Nagi rehabilitate because Nagi was someone who can truly love an android; donating his left hand would be part of it (the last shot of nagi's left hand would therefore be showing the metal surgical brackets inserted). The duo's mission then became creating an environment where robots and humans can meet as equals but the first cafe met with sabotage. Leading to the breakdown of relations of shiotsuki with his mentor Ashimori and left with Nagi to continue his work. Ashimori was probably the skeptical type but believed in Shiotsuki enough to let him continue to roam free hence "Android Promotion Committee" pro-android is Ashimori's alignment. Another shot shows Shiotsuki working on the computer so Code:Eve could be the result of his further research. And Sammy's flashback (which might be the "nightmare" she discusses with Nagi about) showed her being attacked by Ashimori seemingly in a classroom environment with other researchers and later revived by Shiotsuki. Perhaps at that time a new program Code:Eve was installed and Ashimori has been since tracking this new propagating phenomenon.

And that's as far as I can make of the story.

But I do have now a question of interest. The time gap seems pretty far apart between each cafe experiment. The current Eve no Jikan is modern and super hightech (electronic backdrop, holographic menus) vs the seaside wooden seats and tables. How old is Nagi would be my question? Shiotsuki seemed to have aged so much as to required robotic transplants of new vocals and Ashimori's hair is all white (vs the shot in the ending arguing with shiotsuki)
Kayoubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 23:53   Link #277
MasterVampire

I watched the movie of this the other day and really liked it.

But I was wondering...

So do all the androids have a personality and are sentient?
When going about their boring daily lives and tasks is that all just a cover?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 21:14   Link #278
kevinocarro

So I'll sit here and be all excited with you.
Old 2013-05-24, 00:53   Link #279
Ottocycle

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...vie-on-blu-ray

So there's a kickstarter to bring the movie to blu-ray for an international release with official English subs. Just bringing to attention, in case there are any lingering fans of the show around!
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 12:37   Link #280
Shyni

Quote:
$43,625
pledged of $18,000 goal
Wow, more than twice the goal already. And there's still nearly a month left.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi