AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-27, 21:22   Link #10761
NightGale

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Kakine is special don't use him as a standard. If another level 5 died. Aleister wouldn't care much and just create another or even just ignore it.

You do know kakine was special right? that like him and the rank number 1 was the only one with that kind of power.

Though the rank 7 or the gem stone can be a bit special but we still don't have any clues on what's the use for them so they are in stand by.

But in case of an ordinary level 5. There are thousands of replacement if Aleister wanted it
Well, the level 5 are ranked in how useful theyīre to Aleister main plan(whatever it may be) not exactly on how "unique" is their power. Mikoto for example: her power is one of the most "ordinary" in nature, way more than Meltdowner. The indivual Misaka Mikoto, is also useless for Aleisterīs plan;but, when you use her "ordinary" power in the radio noise project, is something completely different: In latter stages it could become a relay antenna to expand Aleisterīs "artificial heaven" to a worldwide level. Regardless, Misaka Mikoto is "useless". Kakine Teitoku, may have had(well...) a unique power;but, he was just a "spare plan" for Accelerator and you never prioritize a spare over a main plan. I agree that Accelerator may not be "properly replaceable", but if Kakine was a "spare plan", it means that there were ways of circumventing, the loss of either or both Accelerator and Kakine, as i doubt a monster like Aleister would have just one spare plan. As for Touma, it may simply be the fact that Aleister is 100% that he doesnīt need a spare plan for him, as for why... well Touma may be immortal or partially immortal(growing an arm puts him on the regenerative level of a planaria,)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Maybe he still is too valuable to be disposed.
If you ask me, itīs just that his "dead", was an "affordable price", for Acceleratorīs growth and as long as his brain is alive his power is not lost; maybe and just maybe, heīs waiting for the cloning technique used in Radio Noise to be refined a bit more in order to try it in Kakine and Accelerator... and with the "birth of terminator"(hurray Umidori!, hurray Silvercross!), a Cyber Kakine is not just fanfic material...
Old 2011-05-27, 21:34   Link #10762
Miraluka
Banned

[QUOTE=NightGale;3628704]As for Touma, it may simply be the fact that Aleister is 100% that he doesnīt need a spare plan for him, as for why... well Touma may be immortal or partially immortal(growing an arm puts him on the regenerative level of a planaria,)
[QUOTE]
Touma pulled out a DBZ's Piccolo . There is even a fanart where Fiama goes WTF! at that .
Old 2011-05-27, 21:35   Link #10763
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
If you ask me, itīs just that his "dead", was an "affordable price", for Acceleratorīs growth and as long as his brain is alive his power is not lost; maybe and just maybe, heīs waiting for the cloning technique used in Radio Noise to be refined a bit more in order to try it in Kakine and Accelerator... and with the "birth of terminator"(hurray Umidori!, hurray Silvercross!), a Cyber Kakine is not just fanfic material...
Y'know, I'm planning a fanfic revolving around that very concept.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-05-27, 21:48   Link #10764
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
... a Cyber Kakine is not just fanfic material...
We never said it was We have the technology...

Ever since Crysis 2 came out, I've been picturing Kakine in the Nano suit 3.0.

"Initializing battle mode: Maximum Armor"

But since he had most of his body destroyed, he would also look like this-

Old 2011-05-27, 21:49   Link #10765
NightGale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Iīll like to see it when itīs done,
Old 2011-05-27, 21:55   Link #10766
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

[QUOTE=NightGale;3628704] As for Touma, it may simply be the fact that Aleister is 100% that he doesnīt need a spare plan for him, as for why... well Touma may be immortal or partially immortal(growing an arm puts him on the regenerative level of a planaria,)
[QUOTE]

Touma also fell from really high in the air into the arctic ocean and just needed to be fished out. was it ever explained how he didn't die from that? I didn't see anything, most anyone else sept accel (and prolly aqua cause he's a beast) would definately be dead on impact
Old 2011-05-27, 21:56   Link #10767
tsunade666

Quote:
Well, the level 5 are ranked in how useful theyīre to Aleister main plan(whatever it may be) not exactly on how "unique" is their power. Mikoto for example: her power is one of the most "ordinary" in nature, way more than Meltdowner. The indivual Misaka Mikoto, is also useless for Aleisterīs plan;but, when you use her "ordinary" power in the radio noise project, is something completely different: In latter stages it could become a relay antenna to expand Aleisterīs "artificial heaven" to a worldwide level. Regardless, Misaka Mikoto is "useless". Kakine Teitoku, may have had(well...) a unique power;but, he was just a "spare plan" for Accelerator and you never prioritize a spare over a main plan. I agree that Accelerator may not be "properly replaceable", but if Kakine was a "spare plan", it means that there were ways of circumventing, the loss of either or both Accelerator and Kakine, as i doubt a monster like Aleister would have just one spare plan. As for Touma, it may simply be the fact that Aleister is 100% that he doesnīt need a spare plan for him, as for why... well Touma may be immortal or partially immortal(growing an arm puts him on the regenerative level of a planaria,)
Nah, It's not been confirmed on how the heck they got those rankings so I really am not sure if it's about the usefulness of level 5. And if just usefulness then why create many level 5 of the same type even though they are not the main force or core plan of Aleister it's better for public sakes and more pawn to play with.

And Mikoto might be not that useless because she is the daughter of one of the higher ups. His big daddy yoh has even direct connection to Aleister. Trying to threaten the upside down guy without even knowing his daughter has 20001 clones and almost 10000 are already butchered for the sake of his artificial heaven. Such empty bluff. He is one of the higher ups in name only but still those guy has money on them and for public's sake needed for front of academy city. So Mikoto daughter of such guy and level 5 through hard work or so she thought is a good publicity for hardworking even though it's all a lie "the cake is a lie"

Accelerator might have another spare when his still just a normal ubber powered rank 1 esper. But after getting beat up by touma, acquiring black wings and evolving into an angel. There are no spare for him anymore. Kakine too. There is no spare for him because he awakens first than Accelerator in the fight between those two. But too bad his too late. His half assed awaken turn into full blown awaken was not shown how strong he become because his been too lax and lower his guard his been turn into fridge meat.
Old 2011-05-27, 21:56   Link #10768
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Better do it before the author owns you with the idea . Kamachi is reading AS .
Old 2011-05-27, 23:02   Link #10769
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Kamachi and whoever's writing Aria. And Ore no Imouto.

Oh wait perhaps these three are the Delta Force of light novels?
Old 2011-05-28, 00:53   Link #10770
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Say, Flere, you can read Chinese, right? Or maybe I'm assuming that you could considering your... uh, modus operandi on obtaining new info on Index novels.

I think you'll get to that chapter earlier than there'll be any English chapters since I do acknowledge the Chinese side of scanlations usually gets chapters done very, very fast. And I'm talking about scanlations in general.

So... heh heh heh.
Confirmed, I can read Chinese (although I never got around to learing how to type it...), and supposedly the spoilers for that chapter is out on Chinese translation sites as well. Hopefully the chapter will be out in 2-3 days in a form that I can read (either English or Chinese).

Though don't expect anything written by me in the next week or so, it's a particularly busy time for me this next 7 days. By 4th June I'll probably have time to start writing up a story

EDIT: The chapter just came out o_O

There's not enough information for the moment for me to write a fic... I might wait another month for a new chapter before I get started, just to see how Misaki's powers work. Although I can definitely write the 'love triangle' scene from what I see of her personality.

So, any suggestions on starting the fic at this point or wait for more information?

Last edited by Flere821; 2011-05-28 at 03:20.
Old 2011-05-28, 19:58   Link #10771
Miraluka
Banned

PWND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2011-05-28, 20:28   Link #10772
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
“I tried to bring you to attack me by bringing up Last Order, but I was able to do so much easier than I had expected. With this level of maturity, you cannot even deal with Fuse Kazakiri. Dammit Aleister, are you rushing things this time, too? …The matter of Kakine Teitoku bothers me as well.”
What is Aiwass implying there ?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-05-28, 20:34   Link #10773
tsunade666

Just like what he meant. Aleister was rushing this time too. Aleister's goal was to bring Aiwass into this plane. He might have done the same thing before when he sacrificed his family. And Even after that. It's a continuous experiment and plan on Aleister's side but he always probably ended up getting beaten. Just like what Tsuchimikado warned Aleister with and Aleister's reply. His illusions was already shattered.
Old 2011-05-28, 21:09   Link #10774
EvilSamurai

where does it say he sacrificed his family, or even had a family for that matter? I thought all of that was just wishful thinking on the part of speculators.
Old 2011-05-28, 21:29   Link #10775
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSamurai View Post
where does it say he sacrificed his family, or even had a family for that matter? I thought all of that was just wishful thinking on the part of speculators.
Vol. 7 Chapter 2.
Old 2011-05-28, 21:30   Link #10776
tsunade666

If the author modeled Aleister Crowley to the real life Aleister Crowley the he should have done that already. It's not just wishful thinking in the fans part. So far all premises was taken from real life occult/religion stuff. So it's safe to assume this guy is the same.
Old 2011-05-28, 21:55   Link #10777
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Vol. 7 Chapter 2.
How much of that is misinformation given by Crowley himself? They don't even have a proper description of the man! I wouldn't trust anyone in Necessarius, cept Laura herself and maybe Tsuchimikado, to even remotely understand him.
Old 2011-05-28, 22:03   Link #10778
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
How much of that is misinformation given by Crowley himself? They don't even have a proper description of the man! I wouldn't trust anyone in Necessarius, cept Laura herself and maybe Tsuchimikado, to even remotely understand him.
Wait, did you say you're willing to trust what Laura says? The one manipulator who's so nasty she made three RCC secretaries faint in suspense during her last face-to-face meeting with the Pope, and the one who came up with the idea for Index's John's Pen mode?

And Tsuchimikado... you do remember his name being something like "I'm the Back-stabber" right? It's ironic that he'd be the one that's trustworthy...

I'd believe Stiyl thinks he's telling the truth, but not that he's accurate in any way. I can't say the same for either Laura or Tsuchimikado even for just the 'I'm sure they won't lie to me' part
Old 2011-05-28, 22:08   Link #10779
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Wait, did you say you're willing to trust what Laura says? The one manipulator who's so nasty she made three RCC secretaries faint in suspense during her last face-to-face meeting with the Pope, and the one who came up with the idea for Index's John's Pen mode?

And Tsuchimikado... you do remember his name being something like "I'm the Back-stabber" right? It's ironic that he'd be the one that's trustworthy...

I'd believe Stiyl thinks he's telling the truth, but not that he's accurate in any way. I can't say the same for either Laura or Tsuchimikado even for just the 'I'm sure they won't lie to me' part
I wouldn't trust anyone in Necessarius to have any accurate information about the magician known as Aleister Crowley, except for Laura, and the double agent that ID'd him in the first place- Tsuchimikado. Outside of Necessarius, I suppose Ollerus might be someone else who knows things.
Old 2011-05-28, 22:33   Link #10780
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I wouldn't trust anyone in Necessarius to have any accurate information about the magician known as Aleister Crowley, except for Laura, and the double agent that ID'd him in the first place- Tsuchimikado. Outside of Necessarius, I suppose Ollerus might be someone else who knows things.
Trusting Laura? OMGWTF!?

What Stiyl said is just common knowledge from the magic side, I doubt any magician out there could be that ignorant about the man who was at the top of the magic side.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen