AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-04, 03:24   Link #141
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for Dengeki G scans:
Old 2012-07-04, 06:37   Link #142
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
She was a very popular character in the game, and has her own spin-off manga (SLC), so I expect she will have a fairly big role in the anime as well (in part to help direct people to that manga).
Stray Little Cat? I read that not knowing it was a spin off....

Waiting for the PSP port for the main storyline...
Old 2012-07-04, 07:12   Link #143
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
...unless we go the Amagami route which then all the girls win!
Anything but that, please! Yes I'd rather have childhood friends lose than go omnibus. Just kills all the romantic conflict, as knowing everyone is going to win removes the need to root for someone (ie. the very definition of shipping).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's obvious that Chisato and Satsuki are probably the main heroines, but Chisato being the childhood friend has me worried that she'll get friendzoned badly.
If that's your only worry, then you should be optimistic rather than pessimitic about Chisato's chances. I need to double check my 2011 list, but its something like on the order of 4 losses in around 24 series for when childhood friend appears in it just from last year.

Which reminds me, I really need to update my thread, but so much to do and not enough free time.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 07:38   Link #144
Candyshark

Even blad animation and generic plot won't stop me from enjoying Yuu, Kaori, Mingosu, Mai and Nakamurax2. Just from VA i'm totally inclined towards Satsuki and Mifuyu. Will see hopefully there will be a pleasant surprise.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 07:40   Link #145
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Even blad animation and generic plot won't stop me from enjoying Yuu, Kaori, Mingosu, Mai and Nakamurax2. Just from VA i'm totally inclined towards Satsuki and Mifuyu. Will see hopefully there will be a pleasant surprise.

Plus the sweetness that will get you to be hyperglycemia.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 08:07   Link #146
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
It's obvious that Chisato and Satsuki are probably the main heroines, but Chisato being the childhood friend has me worried that she'll get friendzoned badly.
This happens far more often to the "other" girl actually rather than the childhood friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Anything but that, please! Yes I'd rather have childhood friends lose than go omnibus. Just kills all the romantic conflict, as knowing everyone is going to win removes the need to root for someone (ie. the very definition of shipping).
An All or nothing guy huh?

I don't think this is the type of show/VN to go for that sort of thing anyway.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-07-04 at 08:20.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 08:18   Link #147
Shadow5YA

Quote:
If that's your only worry, then you should be optimistic rather than pessimitic about Chisato's chances. I need to double check my 2011 list, but its something like on the order of 4 losses in around 24 series for when childhood friend appears in it just from last year.
Maybe the only anime I've watched were the ones where the childhood friend loses. I'd ask you to list me the 24, but I think that'd be off-topic.

I suppose reading the manga adaptation didn't help my fear either, because in the early chapters, it felt like Oojima thought Chisato was a nuisance and he just happened to be stuck with her. I don't know how it progresses since not much of it is scanlated, so maybe it does change.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 09:45   Link #148
Candyshark

Btw is there an all-age version? Since on the radio they often get character "admiration" letters from fans. They definetely can't talk about rated stuff.

Last edited by Candyshark; 2012-07-04 at 10:24.
Old 2012-07-04, 09:47   Link #149
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Btw is there an all-age version? Since on the radio they often get character "admiration" letters from fans. They definetely can talk about rated stuff.
The not yet released psp port is an all ages version.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 10:35   Link #150
Candyshark

than pretty wierd that they mention how certain character is popular. It is pretty much admitting you voiced adult version. Listening to radio episode with Mai right now. Have to admit her normal voice kind of make your brain melt...Maybe I should review my character poll.
Old 2012-07-04, 13:48   Link #151
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Btw is there an all-age version? Since on the radio they often get character "admiration" letters from fans. They definetely can't talk about rated stuff.
Well, I think there's a sort of tongue-in-cheek thing going on there, but keep in mind that there are also the two manga series currently out, so some of the fans of the characters could come from that too. At the very least, that could be the excuse that they use if they really needed one. Still, knowing they kept the same voices as the original game is actually a good marketing point as well, even though they can't admit it outright, so they play this little game.
Old 2012-07-04, 17:28   Link #152
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Maybe the only anime I've watched were the ones where the childhood friend loses. I'd ask you to list me the 24, but I think that'd be off-topic.
If you're fine with my rough list...

Spoiler for first warning:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 19:28   Link #153
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
than pretty wierd that they mention how certain character is popular. It is pretty much admitting you voiced adult version. Listening to radio episode with Mai right now. Have to admit her normal voice kind of make your brain melt...Maybe I should review my character poll.
Most eroge usually keep their same staff over all versions of it. So it's not surprising and is at least tacitly implied.

Besides, R-rated or not, game is still the game everything came from. Can't stop fans now no?
Old 2012-07-04, 19:58   Link #154
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:

So if anything, Chitose has higher chance to win because these manga/anime/VN etc, typically favor the childhood friend as pointed out earlier. Shuffle
Spoiler for Shuffle anime ending:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-04 at 21:09.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 20:01   Link #155
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Rassa frassa. After reading over the thread it looks like the two girls who caught my eye in the pv are the least mentioned to be "in the running": i.e. Michiru and Isara. When it comes to these adaptations I always seem to invest in the ones that lose.

Hmm ... guess I like Michiru the most at first glance, while knowing nothing whatsoever about the original source at all. :\
Old 2012-07-04, 20:33   Link #156
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

That list is very fishy, for example the childhood friend in Horizon is
Spoiler for Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon:

In Haganai (at least to the point I know) there has been no resolution... same for Ben-tou, IS, Baka Test and a couple more. There are also some plain mistakes, for example in Penguin Drum,
Spoiler for Mawaru Penguin Drum:

Finally, LOL@AnoHana, since all the damn cast were childhood friends

In games, there are multiple routes, but in anime/manga the usual is that the childhood friend loses, as happens IRL too... but there are exception (Bible Black ,Nana to Kaoru), only to verify the rule.

Last edited by AmeNoJaku; 2012-07-04 at 21:51. Reason: sorry, didn't consider that fact about horizon to be a spoiler, since it's part of the character summary
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 21:31   Link #157
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Eh... your evaluation on some of those series is somewhat inaccurate.

Spoiler for major multi series spoilers:

I think the track record of animanga isn't as clear cut as you seem to make it.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 13:05   Link #158
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 13:15   Link #159
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for KoiChoco 01 - Dark Chocolate with a Creamy Filling:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 14:18   Link #160
Merry
One less to go around...

The animation to this show reminds me of something ridiculously low budget... Which is disappointing, because the original art and magazine scans look very nice. The characters' movements remind me of something that is not from 2011-2012. Bleh...

As for the plot, I'm willing to give this show up to about 3-5 episodes to see if it gets any better.
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen