I want a ninja in Luffy's crew.
DolphiNM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 10:46   Link #382
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphiNM8 View Post
I want a ninja in Luffy's crew.
But then without a Katana pls. Maybe Steel Claws or something. We already got 2 sword users after all.
Old 2014-06-02, 17:42   Link #383
marvelB

It's that time again, folks..... yep, the Volume 74 SBS is here! The complete info isn't out yet, but there's still some interesting stuff, here. Credit goes to Sandman from AP forums for the info:

-Someone asks Oda if he ever cried while drawing OP. He says yes, and the scene that gave him the most difficulty to draw due to his emotions was this Vivi scene in particular:

Spoiler:

-Cavendish's birthday is August 31. Fujitora's is August 10.

-This one is neat: Oda reveals the jolly rogers for the remaining supernovas:

Spoiler:

-Marco can regenerate his dick with his DF ability if it gets chopped off, lol.

-Another really interesting one: Someone asks Oda about the Straw-Hats' sleeping hours:

Quote:
Zoro: 4:00AM-7:00 AM (plus naps)
Nami: 11:00PM-7:00AM
Usopp: 1:00AM-8:00AM
Sanji: 12:00AM-5:00AM
Chopper: 9:00PM-7:00AM (plus naps)
Robin: 11:00PM-6:00AM
Franky: 1:00AM-9:00AM
Brooke: 12:00AM-5:00AM
Luffy: Pretty much whenever he feels like going to sleep (though he sleeps for about 5 hours at a time)

-This one is really cool: Someone asks when Oda will reveal admiral "Pink Rabbit". Oda jokingly states that she (yes, SHE) is a vice-admiral who was considered to be a candidate for the admiral position! Here's what she looks like:

Spoiler:

^While I know she's technically a joke, ye gods do I hope that she actually appears in the series proper......

-Oh, and a cool image to wrap this up with:

Spoiler:

All in all, a fine SBS, IMO, dick joke and all.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 02:06   Link #384
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
It's that time again, folks..... yep, the Volume 74 SBS is here! The complete info isn't out yet, but there's still some interesting stuff, here. Credit goes to Sandman from AP forums for the info:

-Someone asks Oda if he ever cried while drawing OP. He says yes, and the scene that gave him the most difficulty to draw due to his emotions was this Vivi scene in particular:

Spoiler:

-Cavendish's birthday is August 31. Fujitora's is August 10.

-This one is neat: Oda reveals the jolly rogers for the remaining supernovas:

Spoiler:

-Marco can regenerate his dick with his DF ability if it gets chopped off, lol.

-Another really interesting one: Someone asks Oda about the Straw-Hats' sleeping hours:

-This one is really cool: Someone asks when Oda will reveal admiral "Pink Rabbit". Oda jokingly states that she (yes, SHE) is a vice-admiral who was considered to be a candidate for the admiral position! Here's what she looks like:

Spoiler:

^While I know she's technically a joke, ye gods do I hope that she actually appears in the series proper......

-Oh, and a cool image to wrap this up with:

Spoiler:

All in all, a fine SBS, IMO, dick joke and all.
Cavendish- possibly Virgo
Fujitora- Leo

In terms of Admirals, I look foreword to seeing Admiral Orange Oni or Orange Badger or whatever.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 17:09   Link #385
marvelB

BTW, Pink Rabbit's name in Japanese would be "Momousagi", for those interested.

Also, another interesting thing to point out was that there was a fake SBS spoiler that showed a bunch of character's ages (chiefly marines) post-timeskip. I thought it would be amusing to post this here as well, but again, remember that these are FAKE. Credit goes to AP's Redon for gathering the info:

Quote:
- Enel: 31 years.
- Perhona: 27 years.
- Cavendish: 24 years.
- Fujitora: 53 years.
- Garp: 73 years.
- Sengoku: 73 years.
- Tsuru: 78 years.
- Coby: 19 years.
- Helmeppo: 21 years.
- Momonga: 47 years.
- Onigumo: 46 years.
- Doberman: 49 years.

^If these were real, then I'd find Tsuru and Sengoku's ages particularly interesting (Sengoku always struck me as being younger than Garp, and I'd never have considered Tsuru being older than Garp, either). Pretty much everyone else looks just about right (though I'd think that Perona would be slightly younger by about 2-3 years). Hopefully, Oda will give us the REAL ages for these characters and more in a future SBS.....
Old 2014-07-27, 21:27   Link #386
marvelB

Not exactly SBS-related, but I thought it was interesting enough info to post here, anyway. As it turns out, Oda reveals what the One Piece isn't:

Quote:
Oda: Yes, I already decided on how it’s going to end. Should I tell you now?

Sakura: …. Well, I want to know, but I probably shouldn’t. BUT, the One Piece, it’s not something like “the growth your heart went through”, right?

Oda: Hahaha, no no, I won’t be pulling off some kind of Wizard of Oz thing like that. After having gone through an adventure like that, it wouldn’t be fair to not actually give them a reward.

So much for that whole idea about the journey itself being the reward, lol.
Old 2014-07-28, 04:38   Link #387
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

YES. THANK GOD. That's exactly what I've been wanting to hear all these years. I can't imagine the amount of disappointment I'd have if the One Piece turned out to be something so stupid. I mean, after all the sacrifices people have made in order to find it.. After all the bloodshed and innocent people being killed from bad pirates searching for treasure.. If Luffy just opened a box at the end and a note said "cherish your friends and the adventure you took to get here".. That'd be messed up... That's like that one religious story where a group of treasure hunters kill a village of innocent people so they can take their "treasure" hidden under a rock; and when they flip over the rock it just says "peace on earth"
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 15:25   Link #388
Rainbowman

I bet the World Government will think that the treasure One Piece would be a destructive weapon. Think of how stupid they would be to believe it.
Old 2014-07-30, 01:57   Link #389
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I bet the World Government will think that the treasure One Piece would be a destructive weapon. Think of how stupid they would be to believe it.

Honestly, the impression I have is that the WG higher ups (DEFINITELY the five elders at the very least) are well aware of what the One Piece actually is, and are basically doing their darnedest to censor every relevant bit of info pertaining to it (IE covering up the lost history.... we're already familiar with the Ohara incident, after all). It especially wouldn't make sense that they wouldn't know what it is when you put Rayleigh and Whitebeard's words (from the Sabaody and Marineford arcs, respectively) into consideration.....
Old 2014-07-31, 00:42   Link #390
BPD Renegade

Good to hear that there's an actual reward at the end... although it may not be a pile of treasure, but something that's literally in one piece... like a treasure map.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 19:17   Link #391
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Wasn't sure where else to put this... as it IS technically Oda answering a fan's question...

One Piece Ending Revealed By Eiichiro Oda To Child Suffering From Cancer

Man, really hope he doesn't end up changing it for any reason...
Old 2014-08-20, 19:36   Link #392
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Is there another site as source for this? kdramastars is a fraud site. This news is possibly true, but I'd rather have a more credible source after that "Attack on Titan S2 in July 2014" BS they pulled.

Last edited by GreyZone; 2014-08-20 at 21:46. Reason: typo
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 20:45   Link #393
marvelB

Yeah, I'm gonna call fake on that news, too. For one thing, I'm almost entirely certain that "Hinati" isn't a proper Japanese name, lol. This reeks of straight-up tabloid-style "journalism", if you ask me.....
Old 2014-08-20, 21:06   Link #394
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Yeah, I'm gonna call fake on that news, too. For one thing, I'm almost entirely certain that "Hinati" isn't a proper Japanese name, lol. This reeks of straight-up tabloid-style "journalism", if you ask me.....
Same, I hope it's not true "uhm I'm new fan of this manga sorry for weird intro "
Old 2014-08-24, 13:39   Link #395
Rainbowman

Quote:
It could be mistranslation on the "Hinati" part. Do you think this is a plot to get the ending revealed immediately?
Old 2014-08-25, 20:44   Link #396
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Such good girls, probably in bed by 10:30.
Kinda funny that the pervs (Sanji and Brook) sleep and awake the same time.
Old 2014-09-02, 18:26   Link #397
marvelB

Yo, guys! Volume 75 is out, so you know what that means! There's already a couple juicy pieces of info out now! Credit goes to a fellow called ayepuzzt over at AP forums for the original posts:

-We get the ages for Doflamingo and his crew!

Quote:
Dofla: 41
Vergo: 41
Trebol: 49
Sugar: 22 (but her current appearance is that of a 10-year old)
Violet/Viola: 29
Jora: 61
Monet: 30
Diamante: 45
Lao G.: 70
Machvise: 52
Sr. Pink: 46
Dellinger: 16
Pica: 40
Gladius: 33
Buffalo: 30
Baby 5: 24
^BTW, we also get a glimpse of how Sugar looks in her "proper" age. Basically, she's another Nami clone. I also find it amusing that Dellinger was apparently part of Dofla's crew since he was six years old, lol.

-Remember how the last SBS had a potential admiral candidate with Momousagi (or Pink Rabbit)? Well, Oda introduces yet another one, this being a fellow known as Chaton (or Brown Pig). He also reveals that he originally planned for the new trio of admirals to be themed around Journey to the West by having them named after a monkey, pig, and kappa, but in the end decided to go with tiger and bull admirals, instead. Very interesting info!

That's it for now, but I'll post more info when it's available....
Old 2014-09-03, 10:34   Link #398
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nami clone or not, I still want to see what adult Sugar looks like. I thought she'd be an old hag, but it turns out she's actually the second youngest member of Dofla's crew.
Old 2014-09-04, 11:14   Link #399
marvelB

^So, how 'bout dat adult Sugar, eh? I guess she's still cute, even if she's another clone. I'm still curious how Dellinger joined Dofla at such an early age, though....

Also, according to AP's Sandman, Chaton may be based off the Japanese actor Kiyoshi Atsumi. Regardless who he's based on though, I think he looks awesome and, much like Momousagi, I want to see him appear in the series proper. Especially since he's even labeled as a vice-admiral.....

Oh, and one last thing: According to Oda, Hody Jones has two penises, much like real-life sharks. Guess that also applies to Jinbei and Arlong as well, eh?
Old 2014-09-04, 14:09   Link #400
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chaton does look pretty awesome. Really hope he'll get to appear.

And heh, I guess it's SBS is not SBS without penis talk