AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-27, 15:42   Link #21
soccer_bre
rawr

Send a message via AIM to soccer_bre Send a message via MSN to soccer_bre
waaaaaaa~~~~~ im so sad, i want to watch it! crap, this sucks...
Old 2007-03-27, 18:54   Link #22
glainfach
One of the Unlost

Send a message via AIM to glainfach Send a message via MSN to glainfach Send a message via Yahoo to glainfach
Wait, if Yumi is wearing a boy's uniform at the Handera festival does that mean Alice gets to wear a girl's uniform at the Lillian festival?
Old 2007-03-27, 19:05   Link #23
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
Originally Posted by glainfach View Post
Wait, if Yumi is wearing a boy's uniform at the Handera festival does that mean Alice gets to wear a girl's uniform at the Lillian festival?
I forgot the reason the bouton were dress in Handera uniform. I do know that uniform that Yumi wears is her brothers. Yuuki and Yumi look very much a like in the same uniform. Wonder how Yuuki would look in Lillian uniform.
Old 2007-03-28, 10:33   Link #24
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Marimite 3rd Season OVA, vol 3 Quick Review

Today, the OVA has been released, as always, I would like to make a quick review after a quick viewing. Overall, it is far from disappointing. the storyline follows faithfully from the novel mainline. The focus of the story is actually not about the mysterious girl alone but also about the Hanadera sport festival and of course, the relationship between Sachiko and Yumi

Spoiler for detailed review:
Old 2007-03-28, 11:40   Link #25
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Ohmigod. That ending was, like, blatant yuri (to me, yes). >w<
And, it was short, but there was Sei-sama. Too bad there was no kisama, though..

Can't wait for the Lilian sports festival and Sachiko in gakuran. *drools over the preview*

I know the novel for that "arc", by the way, and I was satisfied with it. Just like I was satisfied with Kanon 2006, although I know the game.. may be just me.
Old 2007-03-28, 12:44   Link #26
sei

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
Ohmigod. That ending was, like, blatant yuri (to me, yes). >w<
Yes! The ending animation was *jaw dropped*.....I don't mind if they keep this ED animation for the rest of the OVAs
Old 2007-03-28, 16:08   Link #27
JarOfMayo

Just finished watching... the Panda was great lol
Old 2007-03-28, 16:54   Link #28
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Wow, first off, loved the new ending. I liked the animation waaaay better than the ending for OVA1 and OVA2, and the song was also better. The backgrounds looked very pretty, with a musical motif. Shimako was the prettiest, Rei-sama as usual meh.

But who is the one to the right of Yumi, at the first scene? Yumi, Yoshino, .... and is that Noriko? Why?

And I agree the yuri level was upped, not just one, but two or three notches in the ending. Especially the one with Yumi and Sachiko.

I think I'll post my thoughts of the main episode later. I need to go back watching that ending
Old 2007-03-28, 17:43   Link #29
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I found myself enjoy how the ending was done with music and all. Now for the whole OVA I kind figure that first part would be a bit rush but if you haven't read the novel I don't think it going to be a big deal. Yes, the panda scene was very touching like I though it would be.
Old 2007-03-28, 17:46   Link #30
soccer_bre
rawr

Send a message via AIM to soccer_bre Send a message via MSN to soccer_bre
omg everything sounds so good! lol im glad the yuri was upped a couple notches.... someone needs to teach me japanese haha anyone want to volunteer? jk
Old 2007-03-28, 18:28   Link #31
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-28, 18:43   Link #32
guess

Oh! My! God! That ending is just stunning and I am like the 100th person saying this. The art is beautiful and breath taking. WOW!!! Shimako is drop dead gorgeous. Everyone in the ending is so pretty. That is all I know. I will wait for the sub then I will know what the show is about.
Old 2007-03-28, 19:58   Link #33
glainfach
One of the Unlost

Send a message via AIM to glainfach Send a message via MSN to glainfach Send a message via Yahoo to glainfach
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
But who is the one to the right of Yumi, at the first scene? Yumi, Yoshino, .... and is that Noriko? Why?
That is indeed Noriko. Even though she is a year younger than Yumi and Yoshino she is still a Bouton.

Old 2007-03-29, 00:16   Link #34
farr5792

May I know, is there a scene where Sachiko said this to Yumi;
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-29, 02:57   Link #35
sei

Quote:
Originally Posted by farr5792 View Post
May I know, is there a scene where Sachiko said this to Yumi;
Spoiler:
Ah,you read Erica's Marimite novel notes?
I think Sachiko said that
Spoiler:

Please correct me if I am wrong
Old 2007-03-29, 03:07   Link #36
farr5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by sei View Post
Ah,you read Erica's Marimite novel notes?
Yup, I read it at Okazu blogspot.
Quote:
I think Sachiko said that
Spoiler:

Please correct me if I am wrong
Nope,
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-29, 05:15   Link #37
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Not satisfied with the previous result. I utilized powerdvd to capture the scenes from my-just-arrived-DVD.

I move the thread to the Marimite image thread

Last edited by SleeplessHeart; 2007-03-29 at 20:19.
Old 2007-03-29, 05:20   Link #38
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Yes, it's Noriko and it's not weird (as I myself first thought!) because the theme for the ending is to show the en bouton as little angels, bringing a pleasant musical touch to the lives of the beautiful rosas.
At least, that's how I saw it

The ending is beautiful, I'm very glad they went back to drawing a full ending instead of just putting some scenes of the episode in a small corner with the credits....
The art ressembles the one used in the Princess Pincess ending and DVD covers, which are gorgeous too, I wonder if the animators are the same?

Spoiler:

Good job, SleeplessHeart ! I wanted to do the same but you're already on it, so thanks ! ^-^

Question:
There's something I didn't understand, either because there are too many parts I didn't grasp in japanese or because it wasn't explained : did the Yamayurikai help Hanadera the previous year ? if so, how? and who went to help ? because both Yoshino and Shimako were equally surprised at the atmosphere at the Hanadera festival...
I guess Sachiko found a way to escape that year
Shimako wasn't Sei's soeur yet but she was always helping them so ?
Yoshino was maybe sick so she didn't go ?
Old 2007-03-29, 06:56   Link #39
Pracharat

The funniest moment for me is when Yumi talk with Toko at "mi-ru-ku hall". This episode seems a bit rush, I'd rank "vacation of the lamb" as the best marimite OVA so far.
Old 2007-03-29, 07:35   Link #40
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glainfach View Post
That is indeed Noriko. Even though she is a year younger than Yumi and Yoshino she is still a Bouton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriko View Post
Yes, it's Noriko and it's not weird (as I myself first thought!) because the theme for the ending is to show the en bouton as little angels,
Ah... I was confused at first because I never associate Noriko as an en Bouton. She seems to be more of Shimako's personal helper than a member of Yamayurikai. I wonder why? She no longer is aloof as she was earlier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriko View Post
Question:
There's something I didn't understand, either because there are too many parts I didn't grasp in japanese or because it wasn't explained : did the Yamayurikai help Hanadera the previous year ? if so, how? and who went to help ? because both Yoshino and Shimako were equally surprised at the atmosphere at the Hanadera festival...
I guess Sachiko found a way to escape that year
Shimako wasn't Sei's soeur yet but she was always helping them so ?
Yoshino was maybe sick so she didn't go ?
I don't remember this being explained in the OVA. I might have missed it, but anyway. The Yamayurikai helps Hanadera every year. Last year they were also presentators, but instead of for the game, it was for the
Spoiler for Not really:
. I'm not sure if Yoshino and Shimako went.