AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-11, 14:54   Link #321
Dop
Mmmm....

Ika hiding in the bag was a dangerous move. If Sanae finds out that Ika fits in a bag, there'll be a squidnapping!

I loved Eiko's memories sequence in the third part, I'd love to see an entire section made like that.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 19:09   Link #322
Cannikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Ika hiding in the bag was a dangerous move. If Sanae finds out that Ika fits in a bag, there'll be a squidnapping!
Heh, that's exactly what happened in the manga. You can see it in one frame in the OP.
Cannikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 13:59   Link #323
Midonin
Last Engage

Ika With a Question Mark 10 - S'walking in a S'winter S'wonderland

The first segment was interesting. An entire segment taking place at mealtime, and the show pulled it off in a way that was pretty entertaining. Who knew Eiko was so interested in that field of the culinary arts? And Ika's ink is apparently a great topper on everything.

The second segment was, for Goro, like a plum. Sweet and sour. He'll do anything to get close to Chizuru. I do like seeing Ayumi's growth this season. She's started coming out of her shell more and more, with mixed results. Chizuru continues to be the force behind pretty much everything, though. But there's one thing she can't do, which brings me to...

The third segment. Ika Musume, its identity so deeply steeped in summer imagery, would find it impossible to have anything wintry or holiday related, but Harris, Clark and Martin found a way. The Earth (or at least the beach) went tsundere there, nipple-hardeningly-cold. Cindy looked to be having the toughest time of it. It was more of a "fight for survival" than anything distinctly holiday related, but it did give us the special s'winter version of the ending sequence.

The third segment stands above all else this week, though the other two were also entertaining.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 16:10   Link #324
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 10:
Old 2011-12-12, 23:05   Link #325
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Finely a lot of Chizuru this episode and Goro taking a beaten by Chizuru
Old 2011-12-13, 00:45   Link #326
HandofFate

it feels weird reading a random translated ika musume 4koma strip, then seeing it animated the next day.
Old 2011-12-13, 01:18   Link #327
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I knew Chizuru was going to beat the hell out of Goro, but did she really need to rack him?

Good rule of thumb with Harris, Clark and Martin - if they haven't royally screwed things up yet, leave well enough alone.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 02:55   Link #328
EroKing

Chizuru with her hair tied up is so cute
Old 2011-12-13, 11:12   Link #329
klare

Goro's heaven is the hospital... weather changing can be fun and deadly at the same time
Old 2011-12-14, 17:26   Link #330
tera_ha

lol they tried to play gintama
Old 2011-12-19, 13:59   Link #331
Midonin
Last Engage

Ika With A Question Mark 11 - Brought to You by Florsheim

Clark, Harris and Martin are great examples of scientists. They don't always make stuff that works the way they wanted it to, but it works well. Seeing Sanae attempt hypnosis, and then Ika's version of it actually working, was amusing. Especially Monkey!Nagisa.

For the second segment, I like how the show's willing to explore every permutation of relationships between its characters. In this case, Ayumi's dad and the three scientist dudes. Ika retracting her tentacles proves that maybe she didn't need to cut her "hair" way back in season one.

And for the third segment, it was a battle of "evil" versus "evil". Ika would make a fine member of Florsheim with the level of evil she displayed. Chizuru... is actually closer to a hero in that world, oddly enough. We've known she's good at heart, but it's nice that Ika knows it too. After two seasons of being scared out of her wits, it's a good step forward.

And it looks like a festival will wrap things up.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 15:06   Link #332
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 11:
Old 2011-12-19, 16:10   Link #333
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Goro's heaven is the hospital...
Only if Chizuru is the one who puts him there. He gets manhandled by the woman he loves and apparently, he's a bit of a masochist to enjoy being beat up by her. In fact, he's probably thinking: "Chizuru touched me, now I can die happy!"
Old 2011-12-19, 19:27   Link #334
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Only if Chizuru is the one who puts him there. He gets manhandled by the woman he loves and apparently, he's a bit of a masochist to enjoy being beat up by her. In fact, he's probably thinking: "Chizuru touched me, now I can die happy!"
Yep, I'm guessing that's exactly the thought process. And she's visiting him at the hospital and being sympathetic towards his pain, too! A bonus!

Speaking of Goro, I'm not too proud to admit that the 2,000-yen bill joke in Ep. 11 went sailing waaaaay over my head. Can anyone with some Japanese cultural knowledge explain that?

*face still hurts from laughing at Ika's "She's moved by the same things as a human..." speech*
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 19:59   Link #335
sikvod00

"I am...human", says Chizuru right before she ninja-warps behind poor, clueless Ika.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 23:07   Link #336
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

More of Chizuru and showing her cute side acting like a neko
Old 2011-12-20, 01:35   Link #337
Nerroth
NePoi!

The 2000 yen note is relatively uncommon; it was first issued to mark the hosting of a G8 summit in Okinawa.

(I first found out about it from an episode of Azumanga Daioh; in fact, I was able to get one at a foreign exchange place in Vancouver several years ago.)
Old 2011-12-20, 15:50   Link #338
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Ep. 11 is my favorite of this season so far. Anything showing Chizuru's darkside is just totally awesome. Couldn't stop laughing throughout this entire episode.

And retracted hair Ika is the best Ika. <3
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 16:30   Link #339
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
The 2000 yen note is relatively uncommon; it was first issued to mark the hosting of a G8 summit in Okinawa.

(I first found out about it from an episode of Azumanga Daioh; in fact, I was able to get one at a foreign exchange place in Vancouver several years ago.)
Ah! Thanks for clarifying!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 00:46   Link #340
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Poor Sanae. But of course if she actually could use hypnotism the show would have ended since we'd never see Ika Musume ever again .

Was nice even for a short while to have Chizuru and Ika Musume being so friendly. With Chizuru 'pure terror' is the normal reaction to her. Of course they had to fool around at the end, but probably the first real step towards a bond between these two characters.

Tags
comedy, slice of life