Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-05, 16:45   Link #41
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Write View Post
Though I don't know of an specific instances. Maybe clarify?
Things like this in the OP (I know the GIF loops it) or these 3 seconds in the ED

Not saying it's anything close to big but since I havn't seen index I'm trying to figure out your threshold.
Old 2013-04-05, 16:51   Link #42
Write
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Things like this in the OP (I know the GIF loops it) or these 3 seconds in the ED

Not saying it's anything close to big but since I havn't seen index I'm trying to figure out your threshold.
Not really in the same realm of what I'm getting at.
Old 2013-04-05, 17:00   Link #43
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I simply agree that the use of loli characters are becoming overused already and it's irritating... the better thing to do is to avoid them...
Old 2013-04-05, 17:06   Link #44
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I don't see Toaru as being sexualised at all.

That said, I would like to see a shift away from the majority of series focusing on kids, and have more adult protagonists. Though not due to sexualisation, just more mature people without the teenage angst so many shows contain these days. We need more characters like Balsa.
Old 2013-04-05, 17:06   Link #45
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I simply agree that the use of loli characters are becoming overused already and it's irritating... the better thing to do is to avoid them...
I don't think that is the exact point of this thread....

As for using loli characters as lolicon bait, it has been around since gundam zz
Old 2013-04-05, 17:12   Link #46
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I don't think that is the exact point of this thread....
ok... then

Quote:
Is this an anime/manga problem or did I just pick the wrong show?
Not necessarily. If it does...then H anime are too? Let it be.. and choose your anime wisely...
Old 2013-04-05, 17:21   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I would imagine it makes more sense to be complaining about numerous child abuse cases in Index than loli undertone.

Or is that somehow fine?

The raildex series is not known for fan service- not that there's none, its just standard affairs and nothing to write home about.

P.S - wait till the tc gets to last order, that'll blow his mind.
Old 2013-04-05, 17:34   Link #48
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
P.S - wait till the tc gets to last order, that'll blow his mind.
Heh... I was confining my take to Index, Misaka, and the teacher since those were the characters raised in the thread so far. I think my basic thrust argument would remain the same even considering Last Order and other characters introduced laterthough - the charactera themselves and their relationships don't bother me, just the occasional bit of visual fanservice.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2013-04-05, 17:41   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Heh... I was confining my take to Index, Misaka, and the teacher since those were the characters raised in the thread so far. I think my basic thrust argument would remain the same even considering Last Order and other characters introduced laterthough - the charactera themselves and their relationships don't bother me, just the occasional bit of visual fanservice.

Going back to the TC's original post- he talks about the protagonist's "shamelessly hangs around little girls and none of the other characters seem to have a problem with it."

He is Index's care taker so that can't be helped. Komoe is his teacher so I'm not sure what kind of student he would be if he avoids her (the rest of the class don't seem to mind), and rather than hang out he just bumps into Misaka all the time.

I really don't see the shamelessness in all that, and that's not to mention 85% of the time is spent on serious business, it's not like he was rolling around looking for loli ass to tap.
Old 2013-04-05, 18:52   Link #50
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Going back to the TC's original post- he talks about the protagonist's "shamelessly hangs around little girls and none of the other characters seem to have a problem with it."

He is Index's care taker so that can't be helped. Komoe is his teacher so I'm not sure what kind of student he would be if he avoids her (the rest of the class don't seem to mind), and rather than hang out he just bumps into Misaka all the time.

I really don't see the shamelessness in all that, and that's not to mention 85% of the time is spent on serious business, it's not like he was rolling around looking for loli ass to tap.
Yes, the example given is puzzling to me. Most of the "little girls" Touma spends time with are close to his age. The teacher's petite appearance and childish attitude is more of a joke than anything else (a sort of gap moe, I guess). She is clearly his teacher, though, and very much an adult despite appearances.

Quote:
Index however, takes it a step further by constantly sexualizing the relationships with these young girls.
It "constantly sexualizes the relationships with these young girls"? Really? Does he even have a "relationship" with most of them? It sexualizes them "constantly"? And are most of the girls he comes in contact with really "young" compared to the protagonist?

Quote:
Even the whole overarching sister theme the show bases itself around border dangerously close to incest.
Seriously, it's "sister" as in nun. Not "sister" as in little/big sister/"incest".

And then, all the other examples that were pointed out, it's either "that's not what I'm talking about", or "those aren't undertones", and so on.

I think this thread is a troll, and we all just got baited. Thread locked.

There may be an actual topic to discuss here, but it's been done many times before, so please just search.