AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-31, 10:31   Link #1161
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Hmm, thanks, folks =3

Signature by liro
Old 2009-03-31, 13:28   Link #1162
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

I began to watch MGLN again with my friends (A marathon show party XD) and we began to discuss a few things. Here are a few of the questions we brought up:

1. How old IS Fate? Is she really the age they say she is or is she WAY younger than the others because she's a clone? The reason why we were thinking this was because Precia told Fate that ever since she created her she always hated her. I don't know about everyone else but if Precia hated her then who took care of Fate during her baby years? Lilith?

2. What happened to Alicia's (and Fate's) father?

3. What does Nanoha's family say to friends who ask them where their daughter (or sister) is?

4. Is the school Vivio attends a "normal" school or a magical school that prepares the kids for a career in the TSAB or the Belkan Church?

5. When is Vivio's birthday? (A friend of mind begged me to post it down though I KNOW it's an impossible question to answer...)

6. Can Nanoha drive a car or only Fate can (out of the two)? (Again, the same person...)

7. How old are Nanoha's parents? (Do I even have to say...?)

8. Are all the cyborgs related in a way or are they clones of different people with machine parts?

9. Is Vivio the only Saint Kaiser clone or does she have 'brothers and sisters' all throughtout the universe? (Poor Nanoha...)

10. Was Vivio originaly a male or was her gender altered for whatever reason or was she really meant to be female? (The Saint KING...)

11. Did Nanoha and her friends finished High School?

As you could have already guess, we made a list (we drank to much soda and ate too much junk food...). We were on a roll!
Old 2009-03-31, 13:35   Link #1163
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
6. Can Nanoha drive a car or only Fate can (out of the two)? (Again, the same person...)
It seems only Fate has a license (out of the two), as she has 'Motor Mobil license (usually)' written on her official ID under qualifications.

Nanoha has not.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:42   Link #1164
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

1. It's unknown how old Fate is exactly, but she should be younger then her appearance suggests. However, since she has the memories of Alicia, she technically hasn't lost any years of her life mentally, so they just pen down her age as she remembers it.

2. Fate's father is technically Jail, as Jail is responsible for the technology that gave birth to Fate. Alicia's father though was never revealed.

3. That she moved away overseas for work, probably.

4. It's a magic school, but a civilian one. I don't think the kids who graduate are immediately launched to the academy.

5. ... I don't know if this was ever revealed somewhere, if it was I don't know.

6. She probably can by now, seeing how she has to bring and pics up Vivio from school while getting to work.

7. Around their 50's I'd say.

8. They are related through their bond as Cyborgs, but otherwise most of them are cloned from different people. A few exceptions are Otto and Deed, who are cloned from the same person, and Nove, who was cloned from Quint, and thus Ginga and Subaru's sister.

9. She was the first success, but there might be more. As of now that's still unknown though.

10. Unknown. It should be noted though that the Japanese term used was 'Ou' which is an inherently ambiguous term that can be used to denote both a male or female ruler, depending on the context. It's possible though, but since Vivio is a perfect clone, it's rather doubtful. She also has the memories of her original, so if she was born a boy... she'd know it.

11. Yes.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:44   Link #1165
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
1. How old IS Fate? Is she really the age they say she is or is she WAY younger than the others because she's a clone? The reason why we were thinking this was because Precia told Fate that ever since she created her she always hated her. I don't know about everyone else but if Precia hated her then who took care of Fate during her baby years? Lilith?

If I recall the age Fate does by is the age based on how old Alicia would be (also the comparison of Alicia in the tube to Fate would show that Fate is around the same physically which would suggest artificial aging during the cloning to match the age of the host and her memories)

Quote:
2. What happened to Alicia's (and Fate's) father?
Not sure if it was stated what happened to him.

Quote:
3. What does Nanoha's family say to friends who ask them where their daughter (or sister) is?
Working overseas, studying abroad...I'm sure they would have come up with something

Quote:
4. Is the school Vivio attends a "normal" school or a magical school that prepares the kids for a career in the TSAB or the Belkan Church?
It's a school run by the Saint Church which teaches basic schooling and basic magic I believe.

Quote:
11. Did Nanoha and her friends finished High School?
I think Hayate was the only one to drop out to pursue her career in the TSAB (Alicia and Suzuka are in college).
Old 2009-03-31, 14:05   Link #1166
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
11. Yes.
We asked this because Nanoha and Fate (or was it Hayate?) stated that they havn't worn the same uniform since middle school and in the end of A's, Nanoha was talking about how their career in the TSAB will be even busier once they graduate from Middle School.

Maybe each of them went to a different High School if they did but it's pretty doubtful...

*thinks it over*
Old 2009-03-31, 14:09   Link #1167
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I may be making a bit of a mistake here in terms of schooling... just what age brackets are middle school and high school in Japan?
Old 2009-03-31, 14:29   Link #1168
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

I'm not an expert but I can take a crack at it:

Kindergarten to 6th Grade= Elementary School

7th to 9th Grade= Middle School

10th to 12th Grade= High School

*shrugs*

I could be wrong...

EDIT: American schools= Kinergarten to 4th grade=Elementary

5th to 8th Grade= Middle School

9th to 12th Grade= High School
Old 2009-03-31, 14:37   Link #1169
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Generally speaking....

Age 6~12 (years 1 to 6) => Elementary school (shouhakko)
Age 13~15 (years 7 to 9) => Junior high (chugakko)
Age 16~18 (years 10 to 12) => High school (kotogakko, or koko)

Alavon should be correct, I think =3

Signature by liro
Old 2009-03-31, 23:47   Link #1170
Aureate

I'm new to this forum, but after reading through this Q&A I was wondering if the pics that JINNSK posted regarding character heights were available anywhere. I would like to have accurate heights for a project that I'm working on and I think that the height charts would be very helpful.

All the images were on photobucket, but aren't there anymore.
Old 2009-04-01, 00:34   Link #1171
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
And IIRC it wasn't middle school, but junior high actually. They left for TSAB full-time after junior high school.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2009-04-01, 00:41   Link #1172
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Looking at the ages I would say they never started highschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
And IIRC it wasn't middle school, but junior high actually. They left for TSAB full-time after junior high school.
I think junior high is the same as middle school
Old 2009-04-01, 10:13   Link #1173
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Quote:
I began to watch MGLN again with my friends (A marathon show party XD) and we began to discuss a few things. Here are a few of the questions we brought up:

7. How old are Nanoha's parents? (Do I even have to say...?)
According to this article from Megami Magazine,when it was the 1st season,Shiro was 37 years old and Momoko was 33 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureate View Post
I'm new to this forum, but after reading through this Q&A I was wondering if the pics that JINNSK posted regarding character heights were available anywhere. I would like to have accurate heights for a project that I'm working on and I think that the height charts would be very helpful.

All the images were on photobucket, but aren't there anymore.
Do you want this and this?I'm sorry.I deleted them.I post same pictures.

@people except Aureate
Excuse reposting.m(_ _)m

Spoiler for Comparison:
Spoiler for Individual data:
Old 2009-04-01, 13:48   Link #1174
Aureate

These are exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Old 2009-04-01, 14:05   Link #1175
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Here is a question I've been pondering about and it refers to the Dimensional Fleet:

1. Are there any info on how big (numbers) this fleet is?
2. Does it consist of different ship types?
3. Are there several fleets/are there more mentioned or is the above a gathering name for the whole thing?

Old 2009-04-01, 17:28   Link #1176
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Exclamation

Okay...here is the number 1 question that my friends and I were discussing:

1. How old are Chrono and Amy's kids?

EDIT:

Oh...My...God...

While I was going through everyone's responses to my question's (thanks by the way!), I realized something:

Quote:
According to this article from Megami Magazine,when it was the 1st season,Shiro was 37 years old and Momoko was 33 years old.
If Momoko was 33 years old (season 1) and Nanoha was 9:

33-9= 24

That seems to be a reasonable age...but then if we take Kyoya's age (I'm asuming since he's a freshmen in college...) which is 19:

33-19= 14

There is no way in HELL that Momoko could have given birth to Kyoya at 14. It's not in her character. Shiro would have been 18 which, in a way, seems all right if he came from a swordfighting family (in Japan). He needs an heir after all...

Okay now with Miyuki (Again, assuming she's 16 since she's what? A junior/sophomore in season 1...?)

33-16= 17

My mom gave birth to me when she was 17 but man...Momoko was really busy. How did she have the time to open Midori-Ya...Again, not in her character. Didn't she have dreams that did not involve having a child at 14? Shiro in season 1 had scars all over his body and I doubt that he got that working in the kitchen. I believe that some parts (at least in season 1) of Triangle Hearts stayed in MGLN. My point?

Kyoya and Miyuki are not fully related to Nanoha.

But that's just my theory. I could be wrong but if we take the character's into account...it's quite plausible...meh.

Last edited by Alavon; 2009-04-01 at 20:40.
Old 2009-04-02, 05:44   Link #1177
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Kyoya and Miyuki are not fully related to Nanoha.

But that's just my theory. I could be wrong but if we take the character's into account...it's quite plausible...meh.
Info from Toraha - Kyoya is from first marriage, Miyuki is daughter of Shiro's IIRC sister and adopted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Here is a question I've been pondering about and it refers to the Dimensional Fleet:

1. Are there any info on how big (numbers) this fleet is?
2. Does it consist of different ship types?
3. Are there several fleets/are there more mentioned or is the above a gathering name for the whole thing?
1. We don't know. We know only that what get to Craddle was fast-response group of ships that was free and ready.
2. Yes. We did see 2 with Asura (and others like it) and Claudia (and others like it) + different small ships near TSAB HQ.
3. Yes. IIRC to Craddle were sent 2 different fleets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
I think junior high is the same as middle school
Analog, but school years are not same. High school (or it's analog) in America is years 9-12, in Japan 10-12, in Russia 10-11 and so on...

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2009-04-02, 12:21   Link #1178
Once and Current Subber

Keep in mind that high school in Japan isn't compulsory, strictly speaking. Practically everyone does go, but if you've got something lined up already, that's okay too.

Still, it's unusual enough that the family would have to have some kind of reason handy - "she just didn't want to go" wouldn't deflect curiosity (and would be pretty embarrassing, heh). "Working abroad" is almost certainly what they went with - it's a little glamorous, and often enough to satisfy people. ("Oh, you must be proud of her!" rather than "really? Where?")

One wonders how strictly the TSAB controls consumer exports. I'm envisioning the Takamachi house full of futuristic souvenirs...

The cyborgs... it's pretty obvious that they're not all related to each other, given the sheer variety. ;p

Are there more clones of the Saint King? Man, who knows? That would make a great hook for a Vivio story later on.
Old 2009-04-02, 12:47   Link #1179
Tormenk

If the Numbers view the Sankt Kaiser as their King, it might be more than just Jail working his magic on them for once. Who knows how far their original copies date back to?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2009-04-02, 12:55   Link #1180
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Fairly recent. Remember those girls in the glass tubes?
Closed Thread