AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-11, 15:35   Link #241
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

This isn't really a request for a thread, more like a request of the deletion of one, right now we have two Romance threads and I think people don't want to debate the same topic in multiple threads. (except in some cases where romance leaks into the spoiler thread)
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 17:23   Link #242
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
This isn't really a request for a thread, more like a request of the deletion of one, right now we have two Romance threads and I think people don't want to debate the same topic in multiple threads. (except in some cases where romance leaks into the spoiler thread)
Orginal thread has been closed. I think it was orginally left open after the creation of the second just cuz it offered a few different polls but yeah youre right its not needed now.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 15:01   Link #243
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I was thinking a "Games & Symbolism" thread might serve to give people a chance to discuss the use of games like chess or mental games of the like the characters often play on each other and whatever symbolism they might or might not have even Code Geass that ties into the plot. People could also point out where they think that a particular quote or visual cue have had traces of symbolism in them that relate to something else going on in the storyline or a character.

I've noticed this type of discussion has become popular with Episode 09 such that it dominated the discussion of the episode pretty much so I think it could use a home in it's own thread.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 10:00   Link #244
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I was thinking a "Games & Symbolism" thread might serve to give people a chance to discuss the use of games like chess or mental games of the like the characters often play on each other and whatever symbolism they might or might not have even Code Geass that ties into the plot. People could also point out where they think that a particular quote or visual cue have had traces of symbolism in them that relate to something else going on in the storyline or a character.

I've noticed this type of discussion has become popular with Episode 09 such that it dominated the discussion of the episode pretty much so I think it could use a home in it's own thread.
Sounds intriguing, I like the summary you made for it, if you want to go a bit further into detail, Ill make the thread.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-06-13, 21:15   Link #245
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I don't think music videos violates the forum rules, there are some good ones out there of all the the parts of the show.
Old 2008-06-14, 15:32   Link #246
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

Used this and part of your other post to make the thread, enjoy

Games and Symbolism in Code Geass
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-06-14, 21:28   Link #247
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

How about a thread for videos/MADs/the such?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 01:18   Link #248
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
May I ask, why is there not an episode 10 thread yet? Not that I'm impatient, I normally never post in the episode threads until after the episode airs. But I do find it odd that it hasn't been created yet.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 01:31   Link #249
The-Ghost
anime lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
May I ask, why is there not an episode 10 thread yet? Not that I'm impatient, I normally never post in the episode threads until after the episode airs. But I do find it odd that it hasn't been created yet.
IRC there was too much offtopic discussion or discussion of spoilers that would span to 5+pages before the episode had even aired, as well as people voting for random rating several hours before the episode aired. in an attempt to curb that the mods decided to open the thread just before the ep has aired.

sorry to the mods if this isnt allowed
Old 2008-06-15, 01:32   Link #250
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Ghost View Post
IRC there was too much offtopic discussion or discussion of spoilers that would span to 5+pages before the episode had even aired, as well as people voting for random rating several hours before the episode aired. in an attempt to curb that the mods decided to open the thread just before the ep has aired.

sorry to the mods if this isnt allowed
If that's the case, it's understandable then.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 02:38   Link #251
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
How about a thread for videos/MADs/the such?
Good idea. Here, it has been created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
The reason was touched a bit: indeed there was quite a huge amount of off topic last week, namely the "impatience" and the "chess issue". Adding that the rave about the streaming etc.

Considering how episode 9 ended, I judged that the reactions and expectations for episode 10 would be a tad too much, hence I prefered to delay the thread creation for this week.
Old 2008-06-15, 15:48   Link #252
VetaMega

I am going to restate my proposal for a Li Xingke character discussion topic.

From this week's episode, you can see that he's going to be relevant, incredibly relevent.
VetaMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 18:16   Link #253
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetaMega View Post
I am going to restate my proposal for a Li Xingke character discussion topic.

From this week's episode, you can see that he's going to be relevant, incredibly relevent.
You voiced what I was thinking. I just thought that the forum moved so fast that it lagged a page.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 03:35   Link #254
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Requesting an Episode and Episode 11 thread.
Old 2008-06-23, 22:00   Link #255
Oscidaes

Would it by any chance be too early into the series to have a "Favourite Characters in R2" thread?
Oscidaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 18:03   Link #256
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscidaes View Post
Would it by any chance be too early into the series to have a "Favourite Characters in R2" thread?
Usually we hold off on those til mid series so its fast approaching. Probably around epi 13-14ish we'll open a poll. So many new characeters @_@ poll is gonna be fun to make

thats my two cents unless another mod wants to make one sooner

I will ask, does anyone have a site that lists all the major characters in R2? Like this from the first character poll. Mostly for name spellings and what not.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-06-25, 06:33   Link #257
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I will ask, does anyone have a site that lists all the major characters in R2? Like this from the first character poll. Mostly for name spellings and what not.
Like this?
As for spellings, the current wikipedia page is good. For the names with official spellings announced, all the spellings are correct . For those with no spelling announced yet, what's on the list is reasonable enough.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 11:12   Link #258
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Like this?
As for spellings, the current wikipedia page is good. For the names with official spellings announced, all the spellings are correct . For those with no spelling announced yet, what's on the list is reasonable enough.
Thanks for the list and yikes thats alot of characters, obviously we'll limit it to the top 20 or so most popular. Right now Im thinking these

Lelouch
Suzaku
C.C.
Rollo
Kallen
Shirley
Gino
Anya
Nunnally
Jerminah (Orange)
Li Xingke
Villetta
Schniezel
Millay
V.V.
Kaguya
Lloyd

Thats 17 so far, also Im only using characters that have appeared in R2 so far (reason Cornelia isnt listed at the moment). Im debating on characters like Kanon or Tianzi, people who were just introduced, of course we can always make a 2nd thread later in the series.

Did I miss anyone important?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-06-25, 12:00   Link #259
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Sayoko and Lakrshata has allways been my favorites. <__< Please, add them too.
What about Cecile and Tenshi?
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 12:01   Link #260
Oscidaes

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Thats 17 so far, also Im only using characters that have appeared in R2 so far (reason Cornelia isnt listed at the moment). Im debating on characters like Kanon or Tianzi, people who were just introduced, of course we can always make a 2nd thread later in the series.
For some of the more secondary characters (Tianzi, Tamaki, Lakshata, Ogi, Ayame/Ichijiku/Mutsuki, etc) I think an "Others" choice might be appropriate. Or the poll could be split among two threads since there are many characters who are fairly well-liked, but aren't really considered main characters (Sayoko, Cecile, etc) as well.

On a similar vein, a "R2 Favourite Mechs" poll might be needed soon, but that should probably be held that off until the rest of the KoR appear. Knowing Anya and Gino, they may very well get their own wacky custom KMF's. :\
Oscidaes is offline   Reply With Quote