AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-07, 07:00   Link #61
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Some good news, for the light novel reader. Light novel vol 5 is scheduled to come out on last week of November. Can't wait to see more of the Neighbor Club.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 21:39   Link #62
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Oh nice. Time to preorder it. ^^
Old 2010-10-08, 01:12   Link #63
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

How lucky to be able to pre-order japanese light novel at your country ><. I only get to order after it come out and usually it took around 1-2 month for my order to arrive T_T
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 21:40   Link #64
mrfresh

does any1 know where i can read the light novel or download it (english version)?
mrfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 21:51   Link #65
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfresh View Post
does any1 know where i can read the light novel or download it (english version)?
I think that has yet to exist.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 03:19   Link #66
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Hahaha an eroge parodied of The Sacred Blacksmith. That reading challenge was so cruel yet hilarious at the same time. Was a little turned on

Holy Sword...

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 03:44   Link #67
irrelevance

Does anyone know a good site for ordering light novel internationally?
I'm somewhat interest in the novel and would like to purchase one, but the shipping fee on Amazon is too high for my budget. Is there a good site with a lower shipping fee?
irrelevance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 09:51   Link #68
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA man I was seriously laughing all the way through that, was simply brilliant fun.

Sena and Yozura really gain more and more points, win and love with each passing chapter.
2 of my favorite characters right now.

The eroge was awesome, it's something I wouldn't mind seeing

I love how Yozura tricks Sena into reading out the scenes and props to Sena for doing so

Also nice to see that Yozura geld up her side of the deal. That was quite nice.

I really really hope we get a anime for this at some point, would be not to have one.
Old 2010-10-23, 14:27   Link #69
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrelevance View Post
Does anyone know a good site for ordering light novel internationally?
I'm somewhat interest in the novel and would like to purchase one, but the shipping fee on Amazon is too high for my budget. Is there a good site with a lower shipping fee?
BK1 is cheaper on the shipping since it's based on weight instead of per item. Still recommended that you get at least 3-5 books per shipment since it's not really worth it to ship 1-2 books internationally.
Old 2010-10-23, 17:43   Link #70
Lime soda

I'm surprised the author of the Sacred Blacksmith was okay with the manga showing the characters in a eroge scene. And the dude drawing them didn't hold back..my mind was blown when I saw what happened.

Although they got a great reaction from Sena, I was hoping she gets someone to help her recover from the experience...someone like Kodaka. He didn't go after her or anything so any chance of a intimate scene goes out the window. Also not getting any special reaction from him even when he meets Sena and Yozora everyday. They must not be his type.
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 01:18   Link #71
Falkor

I really liked chapter 6.5 despite the shortness of it. I think that having to read so little in each page made the experience the more enjoyable; and the story was fairly simple to understand, too, through the artwork. why can't we we have more stories like this? less reading = better :P. Anyway, Sena trying to get back at Yozora and failing to do so is no longer surprising, but still very funny. girls don't fight---verbal abuse is ok; physical violence is not (just wanted to say this :P). by the way, Sena's angry face was surprisingly cute...

Spoiler for space:

oh chapter 7 has to be the funniest and most enjoyable chapter so far. there's something just wrong about the time and place Sena chooses to play eroge. anywhere is fine, but make sure your rival does not find out, or hell will ensue; she, of course, learned through the most embarrassing way. Yozora is one evil, scheming and cunning girl---that's why she is my favorite character. it was very sneaky of her to unplug Sena's headphones from her laptop; and her verbal abuse is second to none; but the thing that made Yozora shined in this chapter was how she, once again, outsmarted her rival, making her play directly into her hands---for her amusement, for our amusement. couldn't be any more surprised when she revealed to have recorded Sena's performance, with plans to upload it somewhere---although she was joking.

Sena reading dirty lines out loud was so much fun to read. I also want to see this scene turned into an anime. a shame she couldn't get to the last part, though. :P

Yozora's lines from her book put a nice ending note to the chapter.

by the way, Yozora being embarrassed by Sena's actions was cute, too.

random note I: delicious covers with Yozora in them. :P

random note II: that's a nice compilation of insults coming out of Yozora's mouth.

random note III: This is so wrong and funny at the same time.

Spoiler for space:

random note IV: all the dirty lines/words read out loud by Sena reminded me of Yomeiro Choice. :P

random note V: The Sacred Boobsmith was a more fitting name for the game. =D
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 08:14   Link #72
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Sounds like a mix between Seikon no Blacksmith and Seikon no Qwaser...

What an unexpected event in ch 7. Yozora really went overboard there. >_<

Poor Sena would make great friends with Kirino.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 16:29   Link #73
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Spoiler for novels:

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-10-24 at 18:25.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 17:21   Link #74
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
That personality might be the reason she didn't have friends... that was too mean.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 17:41   Link #75
Falkor

@Darknemo2000

may I ask you to delete that novel spoiler? I created this thread with the intentions of discussing the manga adaptation of the novel, not the novel itself (See first post); spoiling future events does not fit the purpose for which I had intended this discussion.

if you want to discuss the novel, you are free to create a separate discussion thread.
Old 2010-10-24, 18:31   Link #76
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
That personality might be the reason she didn't have friends... that was too mean.
Mean or not mean, at least before she had the looks to make her tolerable
Spoiler for now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
@Darknemo2000

may I ask you to delete that novel spoiler? I created this thread with the intentions of discussing the manga adaptation of the novel, not the novel itself (See first post); spoiling future events does not fit the purpose for which I had intended this discussion.

if you want to discuss the novel, you are free to create a separate discussion thread.
Isn't this a combined novel and manga thread? It is pointless to create two separate threads of one title that isn't even very popular to begin with. In fact have seen moderators combining both manga's and novels into one rather than separating them.
Old 2010-10-24, 18:58   Link #77
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Isn't this a combined novel and manga thread? It is pointless to create two separate threads of one title that isn't even very popular to begin with. In fact have seen moderators combining both manga's and novels into one rather than separating them.
It's not a combined thread. It is intended for the manga adaptation, and it's clearly stated in the first post.

I created a discussion thread in the past which was ambiguous as to what should discussed in it, and ended up serving for the purpose of discussing both the novel and the manga adaptation. you can imagine the result: spoilers here and there, when people mostly wanted to discuss the manga and not the novel. I'm trying to make things very clear now; so we avoid this kind of issue.

I have yet to see a mod combining a novel thread with its manga adaptation. it was already intended for both; it wasn't very clear to begin with; or it was for the purpose of discussing the novel (when the manga adaptation had not happened yet). I remember there were two separate threads for Toradora!, one for the manga adaptation and one for the novel, and this happened before the anime (and subsequent creation of a sub-forum).

Therefore, this discussion thread is not intended for the novel, so I would again ask you to delete that spoiler and refrain yourself from discussing future events that comes from your knowledge of the source material. You are free to create a separate thread if you want to discuss the novel; I encourage you to do so; and I can create it for you if you ask me very nicely :P.
Old 2010-10-24, 19:20   Link #78
Darknemo2000

Again, as I have seen it combing rather than separating two medias of the same title I will leave it in here until it is said otherwise by the mods. Toradora was way before this whole section turned into Manga & Novels one. Before it it was just Manga while novels had a separate section altogether.
Old 2010-10-24, 19:35   Link #79
Falkor

oh ok. but I think I'm going to create a thread in Forum & Site Feedback just to ask about this. by the way, I don't think novels ever had a separate section altogether.
Old 2010-10-24, 19:40   Link #80
Darknemo2000

It did. Or at least I remember it being just a manga section as in name alone.

Also in the guidelines Solace stress
Quote:
In general, we prefer there to be only one thread for each series, so do not create a new thread if one is already present.
So yeah. It doenst mean that the sperate thread cannot be created but it is general preferences and I did see some novel and manga threads getting merged into one.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-10-24 at 20:06.

Tags
comedy, school life, seinen