AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 35 39.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 34.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 20.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-06, 20:19   Link #41
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that's interesting. but it would be too easy if it was Sakakibara who was the ghost. something like he died with his mom when she gave birth to him.

but yay, at long last, we're getting answers!!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-02-06, 20:24   Link #42
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If this goes Sixth Sense I'm going to straight out lose my shit, and not in a good way.
Old 2012-02-06, 20:27   Link #43
Kirarakim

I like this episode a lot, in fact it might be my favorite so far because we no longer just have something like "final destination" but the human aspect of being ignored. In fact the whole concept of that interests me more than the horror
aspect.

And I can't help it this episode made me start to ship Mei & Sakakibara a bit.

I understand why the class couldn't tell Sakakibara anything but boy was that frustrating as a viewer (then again I guess we were feeling what he felt) but I am glad we learned a little bit more about the mystery even if there are still more questions left. And yeah just like I thought for sure Mei was real; I also do not think Sakakibara is the "other" it's just way too obvious to me to be the case.
Old 2012-02-06, 20:29   Link #44
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Crazy theory here which I'm going to lay out here.

The guy in the library was surprised ot hear that Sakakibara's mother died 15 years ago and thought she was already dead.

His mother was "ANOTHER" classmate. He is the son of a dead person???
Old 2012-02-06, 20:29   Link #45
mei misaki fan

i dont think kouichi is the ghost as that is too obvious my guess is teshigawara (i hope i remembered his name right). i gave the episode a 10/10.
Old 2012-02-06, 20:30   Link #46
leeo268

That guy dying from Heart attack is too funny and ridiculous. Total Death Note moment there. Almost make me believe that a shinigami is trolling the class for 26 years. Where is L when you need him.

Anyway, Quite a few plot hole,
1. Since anyone that acknowledge the extra person die, how do they decide who to ignore in the first place? They have to acknowledge her before they can ignore her.
2. The "dead" change people memory of the class roster. ok.. well write it down or tell someone in Europe to record the roster or post it online for thousands of ppl to see. I bet this "dead' can't teleport around the world to change ppl memory and give thousand of ppl heart attack. hmmm.. maybe it can if it got a death note.
3. About the cursed number, why don't they scramble the class and not use "3" "C" "III" and just add a extra number to total number of class. Kinda like the buildings here in US that don't have floor 13#.
4. kinda offtopic but I got to say these student are seriously dedicated to their education. Back in highschool, I often find ways to ditch my class. But these guys, they go to their classes even though there is a 1/28 chance of dying each month. I am surprise if even one person go to class if this is true in real life. With that kind of odd, you can't even pay people to go to class. You probably have better chance of surviving fighting the Vietnam war.

Regardless of the plot hole, still a very interesting episode. I wonder how they will stop this curse permanently. I recommend burning down the school and never use the number 3 for classes for 100 year.
Old 2012-02-06, 20:37   Link #47
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I'll just go and say Akezawa has something behind her as it seems she can control this whole class under her whim. I always had a feeling that class 3 had that cultish atmosphere. Even the teachers act as if hypnotised.

I still don't understand why Sakuraba seemed so frightened back then at those two. It made me think she saw something else other than those two.
Old 2012-02-06, 20:39   Link #48
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Izumi,the head of countermesures,is the dead person,you hear it here first!

Evidence?Well,I've got none I admit,just my gut instinct,if I was the author it's something I would do.There's also the fact she's always the "3rd person" that appears in the promo art besides Kouichi and Mei.

Quote:
the class decided that a symbolic death is proving insufficient as a countermeasure, what would be their next logical step?
Oh crap
Old 2012-02-06, 20:40   Link #49
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeo268 View Post
Anyway, Quite a few plot hole,
1. Since anyone that acknowledge the extra person die, how do they decide who to ignore in the first place? They have to acknowledge her before they can ignore her.
It's been implied several times that the "volunteer" is chosen before the start of the school year. Once April comes around, that person who they once called a friend goes *poof*.

Quote:
2. The "dead" change people memory of the class roster. ok.. well write it down or tell someone in Europe to record the roster or post it online for thousands of ppl to see. I bet this "dead' can't teleport around the world to change ppl memory and give thousand of ppl heart attack. hmmm.. maybe it can if it got a death note.
This is 1998. I know that, for many of you, the World Wide Web has been around "forever". But back then, it was still enough of a novelty that few people knew how to use it effectively.

Quote:
3. About the cursed number, why don't they scramble the class and not use "3" "C" "III" and just add a extra number to total number of class. Kinda like the buildings here in US that don't have floor 13#.
Misaki said they once did. That "counter-measure" didn't work.

Last edited by TinyRedLeaf; 2012-02-07 at 04:32. Reason: Sigh. I hate typos.
Old 2012-02-06, 20:43   Link #50
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
It's been implied several times that the "volunteer" is chosen before the start of the school year. Once April comes around, that person who they once called a friend goes *poof*.
Though what's interesting here is that Mei says she started in May,so what happeneed in april?
Does ithave something to do with her cousin dying?
Old 2012-02-06, 20:50   Link #51
mei misaki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Though what's interesting here is that Mei says she started in May,so what happeneed in april?
Does ithave something to do with her cousin dying?
i think mei lied when she said it was her cousin i really think the girl who died was her twin. the reason why i think that is because in the first episode she said something about losing her other half (or something very similar).
Old 2012-02-06, 21:19   Link #52
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
The guy in the library was surprised ot hear that Sakakibara's mother died 15 years ago and thought she was already dead.
I think it's more interesting that his aunt was in class 9-3 fifteen years ago.... ergo, she was in the class when his mother died. Seems she fell victim to the curse, plain and simple.
Old 2012-02-06, 21:54   Link #53
kimpleng
Lurker

Heh, Sakakibara get ignored by entire student of class 9-3. So thats why Akazawa apologized first.
Well at least Mochizuki write a letter and gave some hints, "Ask Misaki to explain."

Wait.... what if, he didn't have any hint?

Spoiler for not related:
Old 2012-02-06, 21:59   Link #54
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Wow, there were lots of answers this episode.

Apparently the class 3 of 26 years ago had 'invited death' into their class by acknowledging the late Misaki. The dead manifest themselves as physical beings in the class, and may not know that they themselves are dead. Problem is, the school records and the classmates' memories have been altered and no one knows 'who is dead.'

Then the monthly deaths of students came, which are (correct me if I'm wrong) to balance the number of students, equalizing the number of the living and the 'dead ones.' To prevent the monthly deaths, the class decides to put a countermeasure into action, that is to treat one of the living students as if he/she was dead to compensate for the number of classmates. I wonder if that's the truth, or did Mei come to that conclusion herself?

Other than that, the school's librarian, Kouichi's grandfather and the teacher gave out some hints this time: the discussion of Kouichi's mother, Kouichi's grandfather saying, "I'm very tired of funerals," and the teacher discussing personification in the class.

For some reason, I feel so relieved that Mei has been revealed to be 'real.' I think it's because for all this time, she was portrayed so mysteriously, e.g. everyone ignores her, you could think she was a ghost or something. Now she suddenly seems cuter than usual. And Kouichi x Mei is all over the preview. :P

A very good episode overall.
Old 2012-02-06, 22:16   Link #55
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I was in the "Mei is alive" camp too and I also called the entrance to the upper level behind the coffin.

So why can't they just take the roster and visit the graveyard to see who is there?

And why can't the dead one be a teacher? They are in the class picture also.

Last edited by orion; 2012-02-06 at 22:36.
Old 2012-02-06, 22:37   Link #56
Extremesonic101

Hello people, I'm new around here and I just want to start off by saying I am hooked on this anime!
I also must say if I had to pick between being ignored by my whole class or getting to be close to Mei I would so pick the latter, Mei is so adorable!

So greetings and personal affairs aside I really enjoyed this episode it gave alot of info and also showed a more open and sympathetic side to Mei which was super moe. (I loved her casual wear :P )

It also let us feel like Kouichi in the finally some info department, my only concern is that if Kouichi is considered *non exsistant* now along with Mei wouldn't their still be 31 students in the class to the two of them? the loop hole no longer plays into the "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it" thing when the two of them acknowledge each other, wonder if thats going to play into the future deaths.

Can't wait for next week and I look forward to getting to know you all ^^
Old 2012-02-06, 22:45   Link #57
PzIVf3

Now they decided to ignore him as a countermeasure scheme. He has a FREEDOM whatever he wants YAHOO.
Old 2012-02-06, 22:52   Link #58
maplehurry

Since we are supposed to believe Mei's real, I am sure the twist is that she's really dead...
Old 2012-02-06, 23:07   Link #59
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Now they decided to ignore him as a countermeasure scheme. He has a FREEDOM whatever he wants YAHOO.
Cutting class without punishment, using cell phone in class... Sounds like fun if it wasn't for the 1 person a month dying bit.
Old 2012-02-06, 23:08   Link #60
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Remember what Mochizuki said in episode 2? Ignoring things does not make them vanish, you just pretend that they do not exist. Just like the 13th floor does not magically vanish by calling it 14...just as much as the 5th floor in the Yomiyama hospital is actually the 4th floor renamed.
Closed Thread