AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-08-02, 10:13   Link #1
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Hori-san to Miyamura-kun (OVA)

Looked for a thread,couldn't find one

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's a 4 koma web manga adaptation.

Quote:
Kyouko Hori is a flashy high school girl, who, despite her ostentatious appearance, excels in academics and has a family-loving character. Izumi Miyamura is a bland high school boy, who, despite not wanting to stand out in class, secretly wears piercings outside of school and has a large body tattoo. One day, Miyamura finds Hori's little brother injured and helps him back to Hori's house, where the relationship between Hori and Miyamura begins with Hori's discovery of Miyamura's secret.
Here's your staff:

Direction: Natsume Shingo
Series Composition: Ayana Yuniko
Character Design: Kutsuna Ken'ichi
Production: Hoods Entertainment

And here's the cast:

Asami Seto: Kyoko Hori
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka: Izumi Miyamura

Ai Orikasa: Terashima-sensei
Akiko Hasegawa: Remi Ayasaki
Hiro Shimono: Shu Iura
Kana Asumi: Arina Okuyama
Kana Ueda: Yuki Yoshikawa
Tomokazu Sugita: Yasuda-sensei
Yoshimasa Hosoya: Tôru Ishikawa
Yumiko Kobayashi: Sōota Hori

And here's a PV

YouTube

So,looks like Hoods has fully departed from ecchi,no big staff names or much in terms of production values but Asami Seto as the female lead should be nice.
Not sure when it'll be released or if there's plan for more,I figure if it sells well they'd make a TV show.

Last edited by totoum; 2012-08-02 at 13:52.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 13:29   Link #2
Kunagisa

You are a gentleman and a scholar for starting the thread totoum ( ´∀`), as I was just reading up about this last night.

Since the 4koma was already over and I for some reason prefer not to read completed work so I just passed it when the OVA was announced, butttttt 2 weeks ago or so I found out that there's a new ... remaster(?) if I can call it that of the series by Hagiwara Daisuke, which adds a little bit more to the original but remain very faithful. The art is extremely beautiful for that one, which goes by the name of Horimiya. You can read the first chapter for free here.
Even though the OVA is based on the original character design (which I find slightly less elegant), the story should be relatively fun still. On a random note, there's a very, very detailed wiki for this series for some reason (at least from the few chara bio pages that I looked at) ... if you want to check it out it's here.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 06:56   Link #3
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Thanks for all that info Kunagisa!

We've got a release date!It'll be out on september 26th
Old 2012-10-28, 18:04   Link #4
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I only just saw it, as a Chinese sub, and enjoyed it. Very simple animation, and the character design isn't as good as the (second) manga, for me. But the characters and the story and the voices are great.

Pretty good ED sung by Seto Asami (Hori), too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-10-28 at 18:19.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 14:31   Link #5
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Kaoru you tease! -_-

Now I am all curious and interested.

Hmm ... well, maybe a scanlation group will take up the manga as a project as well should the OVA get subbed.

I am hopeful!

Anything more you can say about it?
Old 2012-10-30, 15:29   Link #6
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

No wai~! The adaptation "Horimiya" manga was great. This could should be one of those sweet, short romantic OVA's. The last one I've seen was, mm, Tokyo Marble Chocolate, and it was fun.

The original art is on the "lighter, fluffier" 4-koma side though (well, it's a 4-koma).
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 15:58   Link #7
willx
Nyaaan~~

Just made a manga thread and after someone had me search the name, I stumbled upon this! So excited! I linked the post to here for fans to stumble upon!

EDIT: Just thought I'd link the two threads to each other!

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...19#post4420519

Last edited by willx; 2012-11-02 at 09:06.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 10:26   Link #8
Shadow5YA

I really don't like how cheap the animation looks from that PV, but considering the material, I suppose it doesn't really need decent animation.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 10:54   Link #9
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I was hoping they would use horimiya manga design...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 11:20   Link #10
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I was hoping they would use horimiya manga design...
^ This. I think the more detailed designs made them more able to convey emotions.. even if it was subtle..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 23:28   Link #11
Kakkou
Tch.

Just saw this and I really, really liked it. It's strange, but I actually like the OVA's cheap art style the most, followed by the Horimiya manga and web comic. I felt like I was watching someone's independent anime on niconico, which made me unconsciously want to support it more.

The voices were great. I was surprised they even got someone like Sugita to just speak one line lol. Iura only being in the OVA for a while because he had the most votes in the character poll was chuckle worthy. The simplicity to story and atmosphere worked very well and I hope for more. Meanwhile I'll be following the Miyamura manga. I think I've found a SOL series I can really enjoy.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 19:14   Link #12
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Even though both Japanese and Chinese might as well be Greek to me, I just had to watch the OVA as I enjoy the manga.

What "cheap art," I ask? Sure, it doesn't have fluid motion or gorgeous backgrounds, but who cares? I'm here for the story, not for eye-candy.

As for the story itself it seemed, for the most part, to be an okay adaptation of the manga, and it seemed to portray the characters pretty well.

My only complaint is that it seemed much more Miyamura-centric than the manga, which surprised me. It almost seemed as if Hori was a side character, and that Miyamura and Ishikawa are the main characters in the story. Whereas Miyamura appears in almost all 21 minutes of the OVA, Hori appears in only about half of it. Watching the scenes between Miyamura and Ishikawa, you might even be inclined to think this story was based on a BL manga. Gosh, just look at Miyamura blushing!
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 10:23   Link #13
Kakkou
Tch.

Forgot to mention this here when it was announced and I don't think ANN took notice of it either, but there's a second OVA in progress. No details other than it'll be sold in three editions like the first one, which is still painfully out of print, much to my annoyance. =/
Old 2013-08-20, 05:19   Link #14
Kakkou
Tch.

Second OVA key visual:

Images

It'll go on sale sometime in Fall.
Old 2014-04-21, 01:02   Link #15
Cyblaster
Lurker

Just watched the second ep in Chinese and really liked it.
Cyblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 00:45   Link #16
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
A third OVA has become available - and in general it is another pleasant one.

This one actually contains a little bit of material I do not remember from the manga itself.
Old 2015-04-09, 13:54   Link #17
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The third OVA cements this as one of my favorites. Like the manga. Seto Asami and Matsuoka Yoshitsugu are godly here. Simple animation can work, if well used. I'm all-in for any romance story that works as well as this one does.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 19:29   Link #18
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

In the OVA why did #2 (I think) make the Student Council look so mean. It really was a case of a single person forgetting a document and they thinking Hori didn't do it.

The OVA makes them look like the Pres was covering up for the lameness of the other one and they deliberately made Hori look bad.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote