AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-28, 11:15   Link #1461
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Found this link on the Gamefaqs forums

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/28/dmc-lo...turns-3369615/
Old 2013-01-28, 16:50   Link #1462
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ lol...not surprise to see CoD outselling EVERYTHING.

doesnt look like DmC doing that good. Ca$hcow gotta win back their fans or else
they're not going to make MORE $! firstly Ca$hcom, charge money with your DLC! ....oh...nevermind.
Old 2013-01-28, 17:02   Link #1463
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Doesnt look like DmC doing that good. Ca$hcow gotta win back their fans or else
they're not going to make MORE $! firstly Ca$hcom, charge money with your DLC! ....oh...nevermind.
I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the game alive with more DLC to add more revenue. They had so many pre-order bonuses before the game came out so no surprise in that case.

Quote:
^ lol...not surprise to see CoD outselling EVERYTHING.
Well Capcom hopped on that bandwagon and turned Resident Evil into something that COD fans could play in order to bring in a new fanbase since they said that Survival Horror is not "profitable" anymore... so yeah... -_-.
Old 2013-01-28, 17:22   Link #1464
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the game alive with more DLC to add more revenue. They had so many pre-order bonuses before the game came out so no surprise in that case.
main reason why i never buy their games at full price anymore.
i wait until it's dirt cheap before even bother buying.

i mean come on now, their whatever game Ultimate Marvel vs capcom is like 20 buck
and the DLC are 20 buck...there just something wrong with that...lol.

but i do have to thanks Ca$hcow though. because of them, i learn to speak with my
wallet and not just go out and buy games just because of their brand. ARIGATO, ca$hcom! i really mean it.
Old 2013-01-28, 17:38   Link #1465
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Found this link on the Gamefaqs forums

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/28/dmc-lo...turns-3369615/
It seems it had gone down the chart really fast. From 1 to 4, and overall 1 to 9, in just a week.

Quote:
doesnt look like DmC doing that good. Ca$hcow gotta win back their fans or else
Alot will just probably download the disc lock content DMC3 Dante costume $4 and the Vergil DLC. Not counting the ones that pre-ordered specially for this, already have the Vorgil DLC, which is the "true ending", that happened after final stupid battle of Donte. Since there is a "good" time demon in the game, I'm guessing we might see the Vorgil transformation here as was said in 4chan. Probably...

Quote:

Well Capcom hopped on that bandwagon and turned Resident Evil into something that COD fans could play in order to bring in a new fanbase since they said that Survival Horror is not "profitable" anymore... so yeah... -_-.
So many pre-order bonuses, yet alot didn't get it, most especially in Japan, which I herd there is not a single pre-order on this game in Japan. Wow, now that 100% integrity from the gamers in Japan. The Bloody palace is coming out in Feb that's one. Then a few months probably March or April Vorgil's downfall.

Whenever someone mentions RE, I always remember how hypocrite ca$hcom is, when RE4 became DMC1 because it deviated from survival horror to action, then WTF is RE6?! Even if has zombies and variation of horror in each campaign hell it's a freaking action game!
Old 2013-01-28, 18:01   Link #1466
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
So many pre-order bonuses, yet alot didn't get it, most especially in Japan, which I herd there is not a single pre-order on this game in Japan. Wow, now that 100% integrity from the gamers in Japan. The Bloody palace is coming out in Feb that's one. Then a few months probably March or April Vorgil's downfall.

Whenever someone mentions RE, I always remember how hypocrite ca$hcom is, when RE4 became DMC1 because it deviated from survival horror to action, then WTF is RE6?! Even if has zombies and variation of horror in each campaign hell it's a freaking action game!
nice, i really have a lot of respect for the gamers in Japan. if they keep doing that,
maybe ca$hcow will turn around and do something about it...i hope. >____>

yeah, i dont really like how RE games are becoming more of an action game rather
than survival horror. the next upcoming release of RE revelation is like the only
title i'm looking forward from Cashcow. the only game i'm willing to buy maybe
at full price for the PC version. unless....they start removing a bunch of features and
call them DLC again...dont disappoint me again ca$hcow.

EDIT: as for their new DmC 2 or DMC 5, i really hope they add Lady or Trish as playable or else i'm not buying again. nya ha!
Old 2013-01-28, 18:07   Link #1467
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Here's great non bias review. He's probably not really into DMC and just enjoys games

Rent it or price drop. That's his verdict, very good.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Edit

From that guy as well. lol Ha~yuken!

YouTube

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2013-01-28 at 18:18.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 18:33   Link #1468
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ i'll watch them review videos later for the heck of it since i have no audio @ work here.
but i do have to mention this, the first thing i see from those videos are BOOTTIES! lol.

Last edited by Xefi; 2013-01-28 at 18:44.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 20:07   Link #1469
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, one good thing that came from this game, lots of informative and parody-like reviews that are fun to laugh at.
Old 2013-01-28, 21:03   Link #1470
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
main reason why i never buy their games at full price anymore.
i wait until it's dirt cheap before even bother buying.

i mean come on now, their whatever game Ultimate Marvel vs capcom is like 20 buck
and the DLC are 20 buck...there just something wrong with that...lol.

but i do have to thanks Ca$hcow though. because of them, i learn to speak with my
wallet and not just go out and buy games just because of their brand. ARIGATO, ca$hcom! i really mean it.
About the Marvel vs Capcom (Well Ultimate MVC3) I'm sure that many people were expecting another disc, but it was just a matter of when. It sure sucked that many people (including me) paid $60 for a game that was fun in my opinion only to find out it was just a demo for the next game which is the same but with like you said: A full game with DLC added and gameplay tweaks etc. The game was still in its infancy like other Capcom fighters, it never lived to see one single year gone by.

That's why I take whatever game Cashcom and Square Enix are making with a grain of salt. They're on the verge of losing a supporter I can tell you that much dude.

Quote:
It seems it had gone down the chart really fast. From 1 to 4, and overall 1 to 9, in just a week.

Alot will just probably download the disc lock content DMC3 Dante costume $4 and the Vergil DLC. Not counting the ones that pre-ordered specially for this, already have the Vorgil DLC, which is the "true ending", that happened after final stupid battle of Donte. Since there is a "good" time demon in the game, I'm guessing we might see the Vorgil transformation here as was said in 4chan. Probably...

So many pre-order bonuses, yet alot didn't get it, most especially in Japan, which I herd there is not a single pre-order on this game in Japan. Wow, now that 100% integrity from the gamers in Japan. The Bloody palace is coming out in Feb that's one. Then a few months probably March or April Vergil's downfall.

It's really sad that we have to pay for Bloody Palace where in the other games it was unlocked after beating a game on any difficulty. Now we have to pay for the true ending which I'm sure will be pretty short and redundant since the story was predictable and pointless. It's just like with Square and FF13-2 all over again -_-.

It saddens me that even Leon's campaign didn't give me hope that they went back to the Original RE formula. They tried but it felt forced and it failed. Oh well, at least the creator of Resident Evil is working on a new Survival Horror project. I look forward to hearing more about that. It shows that other producers and game makers that have left Capcom are doing well, while said company has sewage water flooding every corner and are up to its neck in crap. Same goes to Square Enix whenever they plan to get off their ass and give us Versus XIII or better Final Fantasy game. That's a topic for another day, and/or another thread!

Quote:
nice, i really have a lot of respect for the gamers in Japan. if they keep doing that,
maybe ca$hcow will turn around and do something about it...i hope. >____>

yeah, i dont really like how RE games are becoming more of an action game rather
than survival horror. the next upcoming release of RE revelation is like the only
title i'm looking forward from Cashcow. the only game i'm willing to buy maybe
at full price for the PC version. unless....they start removing a bunch of features and
call them DLC again...dont disappoint me again ca$hcow.

EDIT: as for their new DmC 2 or DMC 5, i really hope they add Lady or Trish as playable or else i'm not buying again. nya ha!
It's like I said previously: Capcom doesn't believe that Survival Horror isn't "profitable" anymore and they needed to branch out to the biggest fan base for more revenue and sales. I look forward to RE: Revelations myself now that it's getting a console port, but I'm skeptical that the whole action aspect will overlook the survival horror part of it.

As sad as this is we're getting a DmC 2 really soon. No DMC with original Dante with the real Lady or Trish . I hope to god that in the next DmC that Trish or Lady are left alone. They already bastardized Dante, made Vergil look like Prince Charming, and I don't want to think about what they'll do to Trish or Lady "shudders in disgust".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Well, one good thing that came from this game, lots of informative and parody-like reviews that are fun to laugh at.
I literally laughed my butt off during the second video. I've seen it 4 times and it still makes me laugh. Goes to show that the new and fresh DmC went from greatness (from a companies standpoint) to a living breathing joke in disc form. So to speak.
Old 2013-01-28, 21:46   Link #1471
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

I think it's safe to say people have given up defending this game now, Tameem has jumped ship from his twitter and no one really cares about DmC now. Have you seen the sales lately? It's not even number 1 in the UK anymore, Blops2 has taken its place again.

Edit: When I say no one, I mean the marketers who pushed it on to people, I still like to keep up to date with the reviews and shizz.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 21:53   Link #1472
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

No matter how much hate RE6 got last year, when I'm at gamefaqs half if not majority of the threads are question about gameplay and story etc.

Good luck with that for DmC.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 22:05   Link #1473
Used Can

Quote:
Here's great non bias review. He's probably not really into DMC and just enjoys games

Rent it or price drop. That's his verdict, very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwXn93Vq3CA
I found it funny how he spent more than half of the video praising the game, only to say at the end the game wasn't good enough to buy at full price.
Old 2013-01-28, 22:14   Link #1474
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It kind of is a good game, but not blockbuster 1st day buy. That's the implication of such a review. At least it makes more sense than reviews that repeatedly point out obvious flaws and then give the game a 9 or 10 saying it's worth pre-order.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 23:53   Link #1475
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
It's really sad that we have to pay for Bloody Palace where in the other games it was unlocked after beating a game on any difficulty. Now we have to pay for the true ending which I'm sure will be pretty short and redundant since the story was predictable and pointless. It's just like with Square and FF13-2 all over again -_-.

It saddens me that even Leon's campaign didn't give me hope that they went back to the Original RE formula. They tried but it felt forced and it failed. Oh well, at least the creator of Resident Evil is working on a new Survival Horror project. I look forward to hearing more about that. It shows that other producers and game makers that have left Capcom are doing well, while said company has sewage water flooding every corner and are up to its neck in crap. Same goes to Square Enix whenever they plan to get off their ass and give us Versus XIII or better Final Fantasy game. That's a topic for another day, and/or another thread!
Bloody Palace is free, but before when I lurked in Capcom Unity, they where WAS going to make it paid DLC. Probably just to save face. lol

The one thing I now hate is it's like Asura's Wrath all over again, the real ending is DLC in ALOT of games. I'm just glad I enjoyed Asura's Wrath, but overall the dlc practice on the REAL ENDING was bad move.

They don't think survival horror is in? Think again crapcom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I found it funny how he spent more than half of the video praising the game, only to say at the end the game wasn't good enough to buy at full price.
Like I said probably a casual player, but when he got his hands on it and it started glitching and so on with the storyline. I guess we all know it's a bad game, playable, but very bad glitchy game.

crap game!

Edit:

WOW! So stylish! sarcasm

YouTube

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2013-01-29 at 00:15.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 00:14   Link #1476
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Vergils downfall is the only thing I look forward too in this game, is it even out yet? Some say yes, some say no, but I've got nothing on youtube when I search it.

I think Vergil is the only person I like in DmC, that's not really saying much though, still not gonna buy it :P
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 00:18   Link #1477
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
From that guy as well. lol Ha~yuken!

Spoiler:
saw the 2nd video. lol...that's some funny stuff, bro.

and so...about the review from him. looks like i'll get this game when it's $10 now.
or better yet, someone let me borrow this game and i'll play it and beat it and then
give it back to you and forget about it the next day. *cheers!*

EDIT:
Quote:
Kenjiharima:
Edit:

WOW! So stylish! sarcasm

Spoiler:
wow! that looks so interesting. "yea! hoo! yeah! hooh!" or whatever. ^_____^
Old 2013-01-29, 01:01   Link #1478
Shadow5YA

I like how none of those combos actually get him a SSS rank or even a SS rank.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 01:05   Link #1479
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
Vergils downfall is the only thing I look forward too in this game, is it even out yet? Some say yes, some say no, but I've got nothing on youtube when I search it.

I think Vergil is the only person I like in DmC, that's not really saying much though, still not gonna buy it :P
Those probably that pre-ordered it that has the redeem code has it, but pretty much I guess those are not guys that do youtube or videos sadly.

They should have been glad this wasn't reviewed like this!

YouTube

with an crap ass seal of do not buy or play this game
Old 2013-01-29, 03:09   Link #1480
Used Can

I think it's unfair to compare it to Mindjack. Whilst DmC was inferior to its predecessors in terms of gameplay, it was still a solid game on its own in terms of gameplay and visuals. The story, even if not great (same as with previous entries in the series) was not bad either. So, I think it's unfair to say they should have been glad they DmC wasn't bashed like the massive failure Mindjack was.

One thing that reviews have failed to explain is that, some of the low scores DmC has got from gamers, whilst unfair for what the game is actually worth, reflect more the fact that people simply didn't like they changed an iconic character like Dante, and the fact that NT were pricks regarding this whole issue. So, again, while not fair criticism of the game itself, the low scores are basically a "fuck you" to Capcom for changing a character that was extremely popular - i.e. Dante - and to NT's lack of professionalism. Thus, whilst not a good compass for someone who is thinking on trying this game, it's still fair and both Capcom and NT have no one but themselves to blame for this.