AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-01-16, 18:26   Link #1
Miyamoto

Vagabond

Please if anyone knows if someone go to lauch in TV , Manga Vagabond to animated serie?

I have the 6 first numbers ( in Spain we have only 6 ) , and the manga is really good , i want know if are any projet in the air or something like this.

Thanks for the answers
Miyamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 18:49   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

No anime that I know of. I meant to start reading Vagabond some time this week because I like Takehiko, but then Slam Dunk vol 27 came out (sorta) and Sakuragi got in the way. I only hope Vagabond is half as funny, it should be a blast!
Old 2004-01-17, 02:33   Link #3
Tboz

AFAIK, this series is very unlike Slam Dunk, its serious and moderately violent.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 20:04   Link #4
Miyamoto

I know that Vagabond is violent , but i like it :P

A lot of historical dates are correct and respect the original history about Miyamoto Mushasi , i think.
I love the pictures and the argument is good in my opinion , btw if you dont read " Lonely Wolf and his wolfy " read it , awesome!!!!
Old 2004-01-17, 21:52   Link #5
AnimeFangirl

"Lonely Wolf and his Wolfy?" I think that's "Lone Wolf and Cub" in the US and it's very good, I like it a lot. If you haven't read "Blade of the Immortal," try that one as well.
Old 2004-01-20, 05:26   Link #6
Miyamoto

Thanks for the correction , you are right :P

And The sword of inmortal i was read number 1 , and is good , i like it .

Old 2004-01-20, 21:57   Link #7
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Vagabond is awesome. I'v read up to 8 and so far it's lookin good, although it can't comare to Blade of the Immortal IMO. As for a T.V. show, that would be awesome, that is unless it's animation strays from the manga artwork, then it would suck. :fingers:
Old 2008-01-30, 02:04   Link #8
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Vagabond has a lot of depth to it than it appears. It has won several awards. It is manga based on the FICTIONAL work by Eiji Yoshikawa about the life of a real legendary swordsman Miyamoto Musashi.

I really due hope it eventually becomes animated. However, it has been out for about 10 years now... chances are dimming. I'm sure eight years or more ago, ppl were also thinking the same thing: "when is Vagabond getting anime!?"

Can anyone shed any light on why this manga hasn't been animated yet? Is it the writer Inoue who is rejecting it or are there more copyright issues etc?
Old 2008-02-01, 18:04   Link #9
CitizenGeek
State Alchemist

Send a message via MSN to CitizenGeek
Aren't Viz releasing a "big" (3 vols. in 1) edition of Vagabond? Any word when that's to be released?
CitizenGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 00:00   Link #10
Nosauz

Vagabond

Inoue Takehiko's work after his amazing piece Slam Dunk. The gritty retelling of one of the greatest warriors of Japan, Musashi, and Koujiro. These two great warriors have been incoporated into many works of fiction, and in this retelling Inoue really creates a vivid brutal Japan, and the waning ways of the samurai. As these two men grow and change the true beauty of the sword and its deadly history comes to light.

The tale begins with Musashi fighting for his life, hunting for bounties, and thus begins his long journey to discover the meaning of strength, and the feeling of being unrivaled under the stars.

The most recent chapter is of Takuan and the sword sharpener, some really deep ideas being tossed around by Inoue, very similar in the approach to basketball, and its intricacies, here the sword is being defined, and the words just seem absolutely beautiful.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 13:24   Link #11
Soconfused
Old God Member

Yes I very much so enjoyed the conversation between the monk and sword sharpener. I was getting a bit down because there hasn't been much action lately but it's good that Inoue can keep it interesting without someone getting offed.

and wow at my post above, I hate looking at posts of myself years ago.
Old 2009-03-23, 14:39   Link #12
Kikuchi

I've been reading volumes here and there. We're up to volume 29 in France.
Didn't knew about it until sometime last year, but I totally dig it.
I'm considering reading them all sometime, since I found out there were actually a lot of differences with Yoshikawa's novel.

Too bad it's so damn expensive and that I didn't learned of it earlier, or I would probably have bought it. But catching up to twenty-eight 10€ (~14$) volumes ? No friggin' way
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 04:17   Link #13
Lich_king
Frostmourne hungers!

I red Vagabond online and I like it, somehow I hope they'll make anime, but I'm afraid what would they do it like... For instance if they make 13 episode manga that will butcher the plot. If they'd ask me I would had made full-over-few-hundred-episode anime or none at all.
Lich_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 16:12   Link #14
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Best manga ever...they made a movie too for Musashi.

Dunno if anyone knew about it, but its called Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai. Made by the same people who did Skiy Crawlers (which was weak).
Old 2011-12-23, 02:08   Link #15
Hikari no Clover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Best manga ever...they made a movie too for Musashi.

Dunno if anyone knew about it, but its called Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai. Made by the same people who did Skiy Crawlers (which was weak).

but that movie has nothing to do with this manga

i am up to volume 33 now, the series is finally approaching to the end, but it has been suspended for almost a year and Inoue himself has no intention to resume it, at this rate i guess we won't be able to see the ending within the next 5+ years
but we all know what happens in the end, don't we?

In 2008, Inoue already drew the ending of this manga in his exhibition (story takes place in many many years after the battle with Sasaki), this is very shocking to see that

SPOILER

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-12, 10:48   Link #16
marvelB

So hey, pardon the bump, but.... seeing as this is one of my favorite series and all, I figured I'd make it my duty to announce that INOUE IS FINALLY CONTINUING THE SERIES IN MARCH!!!!!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 10:49   Link #17
marvelB

Pardon the bump again, but..... as I mentioned in the post above, the series is finally back on track! The artwork is phenomenal as always, too. I love how badass Inoue's Musashi is. He's really come a long way since his hot-headed teenage days....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 21:38   Link #18
AnimeFangirl

Call me when he actually finishes the thing. I'll read it with my grandchildren.
Old 2012-03-16, 23:12   Link #19
Soconfused
Old God Member

^^ Agreed.
Old 2012-04-07, 19:04   Link #20
southpawdragon

I own Vagabond up to volume 31. I really wish I found out about vagabond later . so could have bought the big viz versions instead
southpawdragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
samurai, seinen