AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-06, 13:21   Link #421
Shadow5YA

Most, if not all of the MC's dialogue options are still better than what Hibiki did in the anime.

You could say the same for a number of other characters as well. Daichi proved to be more useful no matter what you do, and Io was a much stronger character in the games, even if you let her die after channeling Lugh.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 13:42   Link #422
eiyuu99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
Ah damn posting from phone again anyway... The players can choose to be a troll. They can also choose to be completely serious, highly oblivious, a joker, a killjoy, a professional, a worrywart, cool as cucumber, openly perverted, borderline homo and anything really. They can choose to get Makoto killed and then join Meritocracy. They can kill Alcor in one path while making him the god in other. They can choose between becoming Yamato's bff\dragon and casually shrugging off his death. They can be the shining strong willed heroes with defined ideals anywhere between blindly optimistic and world of cardboard. They can also become gigantic hypocrites with no semblence of consistency. The so called REAL game personality is nothing more than what that particular player prefers to see him as. There's no actual CHARACTER here and the closest we'll ever get is whatever the Break Record extra route's foregone conclusion will IMPLY the most. So help me god next time someone compares Hibiki and the "canon" protagonist I'll go strong breaker. I don't dislike the options game gives me but they're just that. Options. And for that matter, what's to say his behavior would've been all that different from the popular one in a saner, well written game verse where Yamato had some tact, sense and affability.
You just agreed that Hibiki can choose and he can choose to be a troll. You should cut down on your rage goggles over this fixation on headcanon.

By the way, Strong Breaker boss can be OHKO in new game cycle, so is that supposed to amuse me?
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 22:15   Link #423
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
Ah damn posting from phone again anyway... The players can choose to be a troll. They can also choose to be completely serious, highly oblivious, a joker, a killjoy, a professional, a worrywart, cool as cucumber, openly perverted, borderline homo and anything really. They can choose to get Makoto killed and then join Meritocracy. They can kill Alcor in one path while making him the god in other. They can choose between becoming Yamato's bff\dragon and casually shrugging off his death. They can be the shining strong willed heroes with defined ideals anywhere between blindly optimistic and world of cardboard. They can also become gigantic hypocrites with no semblence of consistency. The so called REAL game personality is nothing more than what that particular player prefers to see him as. There's no actual CHARACTER here and the closest we'll ever get is whatever the Break Record extra route's foregone conclusion will IMPLY the most. So help me god next time someone compares Hibiki and the "canon" protagonist I'll go strong breaker. I don't dislike the options game gives me but they're just that. Options. And for that matter, what's to say his behavior would've been all that different from the popular one in a saner, well written game verse where Yamato had some tact, sense and affability.
Cry more. I'm going to keep comparing Hibiki to the options provided by the game. And those options are a lot better than what the anime gave us.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 04:57   Link #424
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The options aren't a character though. So the game's MC can't qualify for being the better "character" by virtue of not being a character.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote