AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 7 31.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 13.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 27.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-19, 18:49   Link #41
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Started watching this because there was some hype around it. Can't say I've been impressed so far. Admittedly, I hate the concept to begin with, so that doesn't help. The constant need to remind us that it is adapted from a game is annoying too.

The whole trial thing sounds stupid to me. Monokuma didn't mention it before, so if someone had killed in front of everyone else, they are automatically screwed? A stupid reliance on luck that someone would kill silently.

The trial is also stupid in that, if the group gets it wrong, everyone dies bar the murderer. Meaning no more story. So now we already know that every murderer will be found (if it was a murder to begin with).

Junko's death was stupid.

I hate murder mysteries, they usually come up with conclusions I will have issues with. But that's just me assuming a future annoyance.
Wow, man, talk about heavy negativity!

No offense, but I don't think you're really giving this show a chance at all.

A few counterpoints:

1. How is a "reliance on luck" stupid? All sorts of games and contests have an element of luck to them. Even high-level athletic competitions have some element of luck to them. There's nothing stupid about a game or contest that has an element to luck to it. I mean, is Poker stupid in your view? Is BlackJack?

2. Yes, it's a pretty safe assumption that every murderer will be found out. So what? Is the Phoenix Wright game stupid because it consistently reveals the real criminal? Is Murder She Wrote stupid for the same reason? Keep in mind that even with us knowing this, there's plenty of room for unpredictability. For example, who though that Maizono would be the first one to die?

3. Why was Junko's death stupid? It proves that Monobear isn't bluffing.

4. Yeah, maybe you should stop assuming future annoyances, and taking an extremely negative view towards everything in it in general.
Old 2013-07-19, 18:49   Link #42
Gundamx

Quote:
Started watching this because there was some hype around it. Can't say I've been impressed so far. Admittedly, I hate the concept to begin with, so that doesn't help. The constant need to remind us that it is adapted from a game is annoying too.

The whole trial thing sounds stupid to me. Monokuma didn't mention it before, so if someone had killed in front of everyone else, they are automatically screwed? A stupid reliance on luck that someone would kill silently.

The trial is also stupid in that, if the group gets it wrong, everyone dies bar the murderer. Meaning no more story. So now we already know that every murderer will be found (if it was a murder to begin with).

Junko's death was stupid.

I hate murder mysteries, they usually come up with conclusions I will have issues with. But that's just me assuming a future annoyance.

I'll probably drop this, but another episode is coming out today, yea? So I might give that a watch. As for Maizono's death:

Spoiler for Maizono's death assumption:
the rule was in their iphon/android system
that you must commit murder without anyone know about it
+
it's game anime = if you fail to find him = game over // or bad ending
Old 2013-07-19, 19:00   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Spoiler for Maizono's death assumption:
Spoiler for answer to theory:

I don't know what the nameplate switch's about. Did Sayaka do that?
Old 2013-07-19, 19:10   Link #44
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for answer to theory:

I don't know what the nameplate switch's about. Did Sayaka do that?
Spoiler for Theory:
Old 2013-07-31, 14:59   Link #45
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The first episode is the prologue, and starting from the second episode onwards the mystery game of "And Then There Were None" begins.

Honestly, Danganroppa mysteries, pacing, executions, and suspect conspiracy theories are far much better than Umineko's execution.

This is perfectly neat and joined mesh of SAW, Umineko, mystery novels, and survival horror games.

We can relax for the time being that MonoBear is not the actual, physical perpetrator of the murders. Simply, if they start to suspect it, then all the eyes would be fixed upon MonoBear. MonoBear meant with despair to the fact that the murderer is amongst the teens and within them.

He or she will be dealing with them one by one all alone and by themselves. Imagine, that sort of scenario left all alone with a potential murderer amongst your group whom happens to be just an everday and normal guy or gal; how's scary.
This franchise plays exactly with some phobias of our Japanese otaku friends. What if the guy or gal whom you happen to know either next door, in your neighborhood, or at school turns out to be a different person in secret? Quite scary thought.

However, just because MonoBear isn't committing the murders itself that does tells us rat ass about what's it's going to do next.
I mean MonoBear can still encourage or influence the teens whether be directly or indirectly to kill each other through offering choices, hints, or suggestions but without putting itself publicly on everyone's radar, of course.

Now, let's cut to the crime scene.

Sayaka's behavior was suspicious. Whose to tell Naegi that the clatter she heard on the door inside her room was either real or a figment of her imagination?

- Whose to tell that maybe she just feigned the whole thing to swap rooms with Naegi?

- Naegi left himself opened and exposed to Sayaka simply because he knew her in middle school and was a little bit enamored with her.

- The last episode she freaked out to the point of even lashing to Naegi but that's only a natural reaction and tells nothing.

- The more logical and natural course of events would have been for Naegi to go with Sayaka into her rooms and made a thorough check-up than just swapping rooms.

Speculation: I'm honest to state that Sayaka Maizono attempted to commit a murder after caving in too much, but we know from next morning that Naegi woke up fine and safe. Hence, Naegi wasn't her objective.

However, she was found dead in Naegi's room's bathroom, stabbed through her abdomen. The fact that she was dead in his room and the plates were changed when Naegi came to double checked the rooms.
Spoiler:

The key clue is the message she scrabbled on the wall with her blood which reads the number "11037". However, what I found suspicious is that the '3' digit in the number written looked more like an inverted capital 'E' letter to me.
Spoiler:
Closed Thread