Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-11-16, 21:15   Link #5081
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
I just hope that the kyrios can transform without having need for addition parts like the HG 1/144 zeta :/

unfotunately yes for hg1/144 kyrios.....same as hg1/144 Murasame...is the wraist /crotch area

http://www.gundambase.com/community/...1&news_idx=993

Last edited by duotiga; 2007-11-16 at 22:10.
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 21:23   Link #5082
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
unfotunately yes for hg1/144 kyrios.....same as hg1/144 Murasame...is the wraist /crotch area
Not really.

The reason for the Murasame's complext transformation is because like the Zeta Gundam, it has to tuck in its arms inside its body and out the crotch in MA form, which is difficult to do in 1/144 scale without using incredibly fragile transformation parts (as with the original HG Zeta Gundam from the 1980's, a kit I once owned ). While they did show that it is possible to recreate the transformation mechanic in 1/144 back then, it also ended up being incredibly weak and flimsy, which is why they use swap-out transformation parts today.

On the other hand, Kyrios's transformation system is more similar to that of the Wing/Airmaster/Savior Gundam, basically the legs just reposition themselves, and the arms to the side - no complex opening chest with arm tucking in or crotch repositioning. The Kyrios may look different from aforementioned three Gundams, but the transformation system is so similarly simple that Kyrios doesn't require ANY separate transformation parts at all. Dare I say out of all the transforming Gundams, the Kyrios has the simplest transformation I've ever seen, to the point of being incredibly ingenious because of it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 22:13   Link #5083
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Not really.

The reason for the Murasame's complext transformation is because like the Zeta Gundam, it has to tuck in its arms inside its body and out the crotch in MA form, which is difficult to do in 1/144 scale without using incredibly fragile transformation parts (as with the original HG Zeta Gundam from the 1980's, a kit I once owned ). While they did show that it is possible to recreate the transformation mechanic in 1/144 back then, it also ended up being incredibly weak and flimsy, which is why they use swap-out transformation parts today.

On the other hand, Kyrios's transformation system is more similar to that of the Wing/Airmaster/Savior Gundam, basically the legs just reposition themselves, and the arms to the side - no complex opening chest with arm tucking in or crotch repositioning. The Kyrios may look different from aforementioned three Gundams, but the transformation system is so similarly simple that Kyrios doesn't require ANY separate transformation parts at all. Dare I say out of all the transforming Gundams, the Kyrios has the simplest transformation I've ever seen, to the point of being incredibly ingenious because of it.
If you see the mag scan you posted previously, there is an additional part for the legs to taken off and put it in the MA mode. 1/100 i guess no need since 1/100 exia's legs can mode 90degrees all the way.
Old 2007-11-16, 22:35   Link #5084
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If you see the mag scan you posted previously, there is an additional part for the legs to taken off and put it in the MA mode. 1/100 i guess no need since 1/100 exia's legs can mode 90degrees all the way.
I don't remember that scan... which one is that?

Edit: Found it.

Guess there is.

*shrugs*

I was basing my observations on the smaller HCM-Pro Kyrios, which doesn't have such transformation parts for the Kyrios. Although I'm still under the impression that the Kyrios doesn't actually need to have those parts, guess they're taking no chances on the transformation mode's stability.

Smaller kits have had legs able to turn 90 degrees before though (like the HGUC Bawoo).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2007-11-16 at 22:48.
Old 2007-11-17, 01:30   Link #5085
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Really? Part swapping is needed for such simple transformation? Weird
Old 2007-11-17, 01:47   Link #5086
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Really? Part swapping is needed for such simple transformation? Weird
I'm wondering about that as well. They could give the Kyrios a rotating thigh like with the HGUC Bawoo or any recent HGUC's, and they can accomplish the transformation without the need for swapping parts.

Although... if they're planning to give the Kyrios the triple-jointed crotch joints present in current HG's, then guess they'll really need the transformation parts to maintain stability for the leg whilst in MA mode.

Old 2007-11-17, 02:14   Link #5087
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Lol now heres where i say I TOLD YA ALL SO
Old 2007-11-17, 04:39   Link #5088
Copy Ninja Kakashi

Is there already a rls date for the 1/100 Dynames? I was hoping December but I think it will we January......
Copy Ninja Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 09:01   Link #5089
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

1/100 Dynames - Dec

Regular Price : 2,300 yen
Sales Price : 2,185 yen

frm Hobby Search
Old 2007-11-17, 09:41   Link #5090
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Anyone knows if there will be a 1/100 Tierien or a 1/100 Flag ?
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 09:43   Link #5091
Copy Ninja Kakashi

Quote:
1/100 Dynames - Dec

Regular Price : 2,300 yen
Sales Price : 2,185 yen

frm Hobby Search
ooh cool thnx
Copy Ninja Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 09:49   Link #5092
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
Anyone knows if there will be a 1/100 Tierien or a 1/100 Flag ?
Not confirmed yet but it's highly possible
Old 2007-11-17, 22:55   Link #5093
ILoveKiyone
Theonewhoateyourfunyuns

Location: S.E. Pennsylvania(or in your heart, whichever is warmer)
Need Gundam Sentinel model kits!!!!!!!

Hey Guys!! I'm searching for Gundam Sentinel model kits and I need help! I've seen photos of these kits on Gears Online, so I know that they're out there! If anybody knows where I can find them I would be eternally grateful!!!!1
ILoveKiyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 11:55   Link #5094
subaruhess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveKiyone View Post
Hey Guys!! I'm searching for Gundam Sentinel model kits and I need help! I've seen photos of these kits on Gears Online, so I know that they're out there! If anybody knows where I can find them I would be eternally grateful!!!!1
Helps if you Read the thread before asking this kind of question, www.hlj.com might have what your after. For any other question google.com .
subaruhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 12:27   Link #5095
GameraBaenre

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaruhess View Post
Helps if you Read the thread before asking this kind of question,
Wow, this thread is 255 pages long, you really expect someone to read all of this when they just have a simple question?

Quote:
www.hlj.com might have what your after. For any other question google.com .
Google is a search engine. People who post here are *gasp* real people, with *gasp* possibly real experiences with gundam model building and model kit buying. Seems like you would rather see people go talk to robots and not continue discussion in a "gundam model thread" with real people. If google was the end all source of all information for questions, why would this thread even bother to exist.

In the same amount of time for you to condescendingly respond to the person, you just as easily given out a few more shop options such as rainbowten, hobbysearch, gundamstoreandmore, and these are just online sources that I have personally used.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 13:33   Link #5096
subaruhess

Lol, do you/I have to spoonfeed every noob? *gasp* Not too hard to skim read the thread is it?

Anyhow, hlj.com is the most userfriendly & probably most used (among other reasons) so thats why I gave that one. As for google, anything about gundam models can be found with a simple search, Honestly..
Old 2007-11-19, 14:22   Link #5097
GameraBaenre

Quote:
Lol, do you/I have to spoonfeed every noob? *gasp* Not too hard to skim read the thread is it?
Yet, how hard is it to just answer the question without the condescending remarks? It's called civility, when someone asks a question just answer it without being a dick about it. You took the time to respond, and hlj is a pretty good source; wasn't that good enough?

Quote:
As for google, anything about gundam models can be found with a simple search, Honestly..
You are missing the point, as this is a forum where such questions are welcomed (at least that is my impression). Pointing someone towards google is a means of directing traffic away from this particular forum. And in many cases, doing a google search points the person to a list of forum topics. Perpetual loop created.
Old 2007-11-19, 14:55   Link #5098
subaruhess

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
It's called civility, when someone asks a question just answer it without being a dick about it.
I did, so why are you upset ?
Old 2007-11-19, 15:10   Link #5099
GameraBaenre

Quote:
I did, so why are you upset ?
Beat a dead horse lately? Ok, let's analyze this:
Quote:
Helps if you Read the thread before asking this kind of question,
^ is a fairly condescending remark. Why force someone to read 255 pages of posts?
Quote:
www.hlj.com might have what your after.
^ in the simplest form, this is answering the question.
Quote:
For any other question google.com .
^ suggests that they should not be looking here (an actual gundam modeling forum) for an answer, but to turn to google.
Quote:
^ condescending tone from the emoticon.

Why am I upset? Because it is anti-noob, condescending folks like you that is perpetuating the stifling of new model builders. Cramming so many rules and such for folks who may not be as internet savvy or as knowledgeable about gunpla as you; an elitist - one who looks down on others and has to point out an air of superiority when answering questions. I know this because I'm one of these types of douche bags; but at least I'm trying not to be such a dick anymore. You, however, still see nothing wrong with how you responded.
Old 2007-11-19, 15:48   Link #5100
subaruhess

Wow, I feel privileged to have someone spend their effort/time to hate me

(Now that you've had your rant shall we just let this thread get back on-topic, thanks)

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy