AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-14, 17:51   Link #3241
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Did we ever get Nova's story for what that game was suppose to be about?
Old 2010-08-14, 17:55   Link #3242
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah, I decided to flip a coin and got faster gas over orbital depots. But fortunately a save point can solve any nonsense.

This time I remembered to do the Toss missions asap, since the research helps a lot. And now I can have orbital command ceters, woot!

"A sinister turn" was pretty annoying on brutal because the hybrid seemed to be coming back every 15 seconds. And then I had to reload the last part to kill the random enemy stragglers to get the "kill all enemies" achivement. Apparently there's an expansion on the south that would have made things easier had I noticed that the first time around.

Utter Darkness was fun as always. Got it up to 3300~ kills this time but at this point there were too many hybrids; I gotta learn how to use the black hole better.

Upcoming missions to dread: Supernova (ugh wall of fire), Piercing the Shroud (RUN RUN RUN), The Mobius factor where you have to get to something before Kerrigan does (I hate being hurried along), The mission with Tychus being an idiot. ;p

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 17:59   Link #3243
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Did we ever get Nova's story for what that game was suppose to be about?
Nova's background can be read in one of the novel.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 18:11   Link #3244
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
In her case, she hadn't been paid yet. So there was no lie; the contract is not final until the money is received. And she was prepared to take Orlan's side if he managed to pay her first.

The problem with Nova was that I expected to be able trust her, as she was meant to be a protagonist in her own game. But that trust was betrayed. I really can't see Nova as anything more than a government thug after that.
While that's true (hence the parenthesis when I said "lied"), Orlan's response after you got the 6,000 minerals to pay seemed to indicate that he was under the notion that Mira agreed, at the very least, verbally. In my personal opinion, that's a betrayal of sorts. Of sorts because the agreement wasn't concrete to begin with.
I don't blame you for going with that rationale regarding Nova, as I had similar reasons as to why I chose her the first time through. But there's really nothing that says she can't be a protagonist in one game and an antagonist in another. In fact, that's pretty much how the original Starcraft went about. Your player character and your forces became your new enemy when you assumed the role of the next race's commander, or like how the Overmind was an antagonist the whole time through SCI, only for everyone to find out that it was a victim to a higher power in this game.
If I were to point fingers at anything, I'd point it at memory wipes that Ghosts were forced to undergo. Sources say Nova received it twice and it altered her personality for the worse.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 19:43   Link #3245
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Found a little something on GameFAQs; they in turn found it on the Blizzard US forums.

Spoiler for Diary of a zergling:
Diary of a probe

Day 1

Templar send me to enemy base to make canons

Day 2

the enemy are wiped out

gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 19:48   Link #3246
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
While that's true (hence the parenthesis when I said "lied"), Orlan's response after you got the 6,000 minerals to pay seemed to indicate that he was under the notion that Mira agreed, at the very least, verbally. In my personal opinion, that's a betrayal of sorts. Of sorts because the agreement wasn't concrete to begin with.
Mira is a mercenary, that means she's effectively something you can buy. Just like any product in a competitive market, every time you spend not buying it means someone else can buy it before you do. No betrayals, just the difference between lazy customers and quick ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
Diary of a probe

Day 1

Templar send me to enemy base to make canons

Day 2

the enemy are wiped out

I did that once. Granted, it was against an AI, but it still was fun.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 20:05   Link #3247
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I did that once. Granted, it was against an AI, but it still was fun.
I've seen someone do it with as Zerg with Spinal Crawler.

Granted though the opponent needed to be Zerg in order for that to work.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 20:11   Link #3248
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Mira is a mercenary, that means she's effectively something you can buy. Just like any product in a competitive market, every time you spend not buying it means someone else can buy it before you do. No betrayals, just the difference between lazy customers and quick ones.
I know she's a mercenary and that's how the system works. But that's not how Orlan perceived it as, or at least that's what I remember based on the mission itself. Hence, why I use quotes around the word "lie" and say that it's a "betrayal of sorts", since I do agree with you two on the point that she's a merc. The real betrayal is obviously Orlan deciding to sell it to the Dominion instead of giving it to Raynor without a fuss.

Edit:
Yeah, Orlan does see it as betrayal as he tells her, "I'll show you what happens to double-dealing backstabbers".
Old 2010-08-14, 20:36   Link #3249
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Edit:
Yeah, Orlan does see it as betrayal as he tells her, "I'll show you what happens to double-dealing backstabbers".
As it turns out, WE showed him what happens to double-dealing backstabbers

"I should do the universe a favor and put you down Orlan... But I might need to hire you one day."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 21:12   Link #3250
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Audio diary of a SCV under the leadership of a retarded player who doesn't do anything other than hogging all the resources and doesn't help the team.

Day 1
we landed on the base camp site, I am excited on what kick-ass things we get to do

Day 2
so far the commander just gave orders to mine and make supplies depots. More SCV join the line to mine

Day 3
we been attack, but luckily our allies came to drove the enemies back. Lots of good men die that day. The commander haven't told us to put up a single barrack, yet we are currently sitting on 2000+ minerial and 1000+ gas.

Day 4
we were ordered to make expansion because the mining site in the base is almost out. Still not a single soldier is on the battle field yet though, kind of starting to wonder what the commander has plan.

Day 5
Today is a sad day. The enemies attacked out expansion with immense force. I was the lucky few that got away, over 90% of our SCV were wipe out in matter of seconds. our allies used up their forces to push them back. Lots of heros die today.

Day 6
After much "talks" from our allies, commander finally ordered 3 barracks to be build. Finally, we will make a ass whooping army with our 5000+ minerals and 4000+ gas!

Day 7
The commander ordered us to claim another mining site after we took back the fallen expansion. I pasted by the 3 newly made barracks on my way out to work. "They sure are great structures of war," I told myself with renewed pride.

Day 8
One of our allies' expansion was attacked today. I heard our combine forces were wipe out because of this. However they told me that we didn't lose anyone in that fight. I was both amazed and puzzled, so I asked how many of our boys were there. They told me that there were none. Turns out all we had was 4 marines in a bunker and our commander didn't send any of them to help.

Day 9
Our allies asked our commander to help them our financally because they don't have the resources to make a army to counter strike the enemies with inorder to take back the only expansions that's out there. I thought to myself that we should beable to help out with over 9000 minerials and 8000+ gas. The still haven't gave the alliance a reply yet though.

Day 10
Our commander gave our alliance the middle finger on the financal request.

Day 11
our enemies start attacking us with a force that I had never seen. One of our ally had already been wiped out. we been order to go back to the main base.

Day 11.1
Our commander order all 90 SCV to mine on a lump of minerial in the back of the base......... when we are sitting on 11000 minerials in the storage.

Day 11.2
all of our alliance are dead now. The enemies are gathering at our front door. The commander finally order a full production of troops on all 3 barracks that's up and running, however they can only produce 1 marine at a time because there is no addons on them.

Day 11.3
our enemies charged up our front door, there are a hand full of marines holding them back.

Day 11.33
all our defences are wipe out

Day 11.333
They are attacking what little is standing between us and the enemies' army. I want to run but the commander order all SCV to keep mining that f***in lump that is a sad remain of raw minerial.

Day 11.3333
OH MY GOD THEY ARE HERE AND THEY ARE ATTACKING US

Day 11.33333
OH GOD IT HURTS, THEY ARE HITTING ME WITH THE FORCES OF OVER NINE THOUSAND SUNS. AND THE F***IN COMMANDER STILL ORDER US TO MINE THAT LUMP OF F***IN MINERIAL

Day 11.33333
*cough* my SCV sult is broken, I see a zergling just bit off my lower half of the body and it is chewing it next to me with loud "NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM" sounds...... *coughcoughcough* I feel so cold, so very cold..... *cough* if the commander is still alive and some how found this diary, please listen to what I am about to say very carefully... YOU ARE A PLAGUE OF EXISTANCE AND YOU SHOULD GO KILL YOURSELF WITH SPACE HIV/AIDS YOU MOTHER *beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep* ........... arggggggggggg *dead*

Day 11.333333
*a zerglig steped on the recording button while it's chewing on the dead guy* NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NO MN OM NOM N OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 21:17   Link #3251
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
Audio diary of a SCV under the leadership of a retarded player who doesn't do anything other than hogging all the resources and doesn't help the team.
I see you are still pretty angry at the fact that your allies just hauled the resources and never shared or built up...
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 21:34   Link #3252
Who

Yeah... I always forget to resource share. You can ask Archon Wing... he has to remind me all the time. ._.

Phoenixes are underrated, also.

Last edited by Who; 2010-08-14 at 21:55.
Old 2010-08-14, 22:53   Link #3253
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Its the Phoenix Parade! that was hilarious to watch.
Old 2010-08-14, 23:06   Link #3254
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Yeah... I always forget to resource share. You can ask Archon Wing... he has to remind me all the time. ._.
IMO, it's stupidly hard to toggle. Also, it'd be nice if you choose to auto-share with selected people always instead of having to turn it on every game.

And now on to the mission where you must collect 6k minerals first before the other dude. Gah.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 23:08   Link #3255
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
IMO, it's stupidly hard to toggle. Also, it'd be nice if you choose to auto-share with selected people always instead of having to turn it on every game.

And now on to the mission where you must collect 6k minerals first before the other dude. Gah.
So you and Who play team-matches Archon_Wing?
Old 2010-08-14, 23:10   Link #3256
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So you and Who play team-matches Archon_Wing?
We 4v4 here and there. I'm the lowest ranked, not knowing what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post

This. So I can forget about it like I forget about my macro.

Cutthroat mission... build two marines, 2 medics and proceed to wipe the entire map in a counter clockwise fashion save for Orlan's main base. 4 starting vultures plus 2-3 more should stave off all agression.
Old 2010-08-14, 23:11   Link #3257
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
We 4v4 here and there. I'm the lowest ranked, not knowing what to do.
Playing team-matches with the people you chat with on the forums is always a fun experience non-the-less

Also that is how many pros start out as a person who does not know much, or does not have the in-game experience if they just watched replays like myself, but you will eventually grow in experience and likely become a pro player yourself if you keep at it

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-08-14 at 23:30.
Old 2010-08-14, 23:48   Link #3258
triskelion
*Fansubber

Me and my friend just beat a plat and diamond player in 2v2!

We are still unranked, but we have no ranks higher than silver in any of the 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 modes.

I feel like I got better, sorta. I went to watch the replay after, and I had an average APM of 15. My friend had 56, while the enemies had 92 and 126. x_x
triskelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 23:56   Link #3259
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by triskelion View Post
Me and my friend just beat a plat and diamond player in 2v2!

We are still unranked, but we have no ranks higher than silver in any of the 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 modes.

I feel like I got better, sorta. I went to watch the replay after, and I had an average APM of 15. My friend had 56, while the enemies had 92 and 126. x_x
Grats to you and your friend, I hope you guys as a team get more victories with your recent triumph of a superior APM group
Old 2010-08-15, 05:07   Link #3260
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Sigh I didn't play any sc2 today, I was very sad from the beat downs I received from some diamond players in 2v2 and some plat in 1v1.. It's OK though. I rebuilt my gaming confidence by stomping people in DOTA all day long (THR reset their leagues, makes me sad). Now I shall return with a vengeance.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows