AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-25, 20:45   Link #81
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
I think either L or Light (or heck, both) will be the last name(s) written into the Death Note, because only the letter 'L' is capitalized in the movie title, and on the official posters, the letter 'L' is printed in the same font as 'L' on his laptop screen. Looks like the movie will follow parts of the Misa/Shinigami's Eyes arc up to Misa getting caught, but the 3rd Kira is probably not going to be the Yotsuba arc, since that'd be really hard to fit into a movie. Takada Kiyomi is showing up in the movie... I wonder what she'll do. Hooray for an alternate ending~

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2006-10-27, 06:22   Link #82
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Well, I thought he looked too old to be a university student even (although there are people like that, I never imagined Raito to look like that) And I agree about the roundness. I guess they couldn't find anyone who looked like Raito and could act well enough too... If I'm not wrong I think I saw Eiji Wentz as one of the broadcasters.

The theatre I went to had hardly anyone in it - probably about 15-20 people in total? But everyone laughed at Ryuk's antics. The apple bit was really cute Oh, and at Matsuda as well! Watching this reminded me how I always like characters like that. Him just suddenly finishing sentences for others in a burst of genius...

Dear L, the shinigami likes to... eat apples!!
Ah how i wish i get a theatre with that little people. GV tampines was filled to the brim when I saw it. I can for most people I can see that they will find the beginning of the movie quite boring. The old man beside actually snored. It is only when the battle begin did the audience really got captured. And yup everyone laughed at the apple parts. Well, i dont know whether the rest found L's antics cool though, they were laughing at L's eating habits most of the time.

As someone that had only watched the anime till ep 4, I find the movie does lack quite a number of details which would have made the movie a lot better. The insert of the necessary love interest instead of some random girl actually had quite a effect. I agree that the movie L really gave the true feeling of what L should be. Still I prefer the anime to the movie. Maybe if the light actor was a little more like light, it would have been better.
Old 2006-10-27, 09:48   Link #83
eggplant
Eggplant

Just saw the Director's Cut on TV.

Good thing I got to see the first movie prior to the premiering of the second, since I missed it when it was playing in Japan, and the anime got me interested in seeing it.

Perhaps Fujiwara Tatsuya doesn't fit the image of Light, but he is a very good actor (loved his Okita Souji in Shinsengumi). Ryuk is scarier in the movie, his voice in movie and anime both played by Nakamura Shidou, probably making him the most consistent character.

The movie further enhances my interest in the anime, not to mention part two of the movie. Can't wait until November 3rd.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2006-10-27, 09:58   Link #84
bluemist
i am the mist

I also caught the TV broadcast, I'll have to catch the second movie next week.

It seems like a simplified version of the manga, simple enough for someone who hasn't read it, but still a bit too wordy. I would say that this first part didn't show much on how intelligent L really is, since in the manga L is always analyzing the situations with his own mind. Of course, there are no thought bubbles in the movie, and so movie L just sits there and eats tons of sweets. At least he redeems himself in the ending.

That ending part was awesome, as if L is mocking Kira with his action, while Light (Kira) stares at him with a straight face, getting the hidden meaning... signifying their cat-and-mouse game part 2 begins there!!!

Spoiler for what L did:

After the movie there's a sneak peak for Death Note: the Last name, along with some revealing scenes. The Misa arc seems intact, but probably like the the first movie, I seem to see scenes where another crazy woman makes a hostage situation. Again the climax may be changed... but I expect the outcome to be the same:

Spoiler for the Last name?:
Old 2006-10-28, 00:39   Link #85
Seras

anyone know if there's fansubs for the movies?
Old 2006-10-28, 02:02   Link #86
niko
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to niko
No. It was just aired. Can someone from japan can confirm that this was aired 810p? Since lower quality raw has HiVISION logo and I found 1440x810 raw? Or is it oversize?
Old 2006-10-28, 17:05   Link #87
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko View Post
No. It was just aired. Can someone from japan can confirm that this was aired 810p? Since lower quality raw has HiVISION logo and I found 1440x810 raw? Or is it oversize?
damn i wish fansub groups will pick up the first movie... i want to watch it so badly : / (don't think it ll ever come to canada)
Old 2006-10-29, 12:49   Link #88
Olf-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaOH View Post
damn i wish fansub groups will pick up the first movie... i want to watch it so badly : / (don't think it ll ever come to canada)
Yeah I hope so too!
Old 2006-10-29, 13:33   Link #89
kei25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC4nABVgJ-A

jealous of HongKong people
Old 2006-10-30, 03:02   Link #90
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by kei25 View Post
Yep, it's gonna be shown simultaneously at both Japan and HK, and I think Taiwan as well, on November 3rd.

Going to be looking forward to this movie this weekend.
Old 2006-10-30, 06:48   Link #91
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

for all those fellows who are going to catch the movie this coming fri, hee do keep us updated abt the second movie k?? thanks..! at least let those who r still waiting for the movie to quench our thirst...
Old 2006-10-31, 17:38   Link #92
DribCC

Send a message via AIM to DribCC Send a message via MSN to DribCC

Its cool that they did Ryuk the old fashion way (i.e. puppetry with limited CG). But I wish they didnt alter the story line and made Light a college student. Thats one of the great things about the series, watching and being amazed at how freakisly smart this high school student is.
Old 2006-10-31, 20:13   Link #93
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Yeah... but it's not as if anime in general isn't already jam-packed with freakishly smart and/or talented kids and high school students.
Old 2006-11-01, 10:15   Link #94
^_Usagi_^
BaKa

Question to those who saw the movie:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Thankful

PS: Ryuk really scares me in the movie!!!
Old 2006-11-01, 12:36   Link #95
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^_Usagi_^ View Post
Question to those who saw the movie:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2006-11-01, 14:30   Link #96
DribCC

Yeah Ryuk is a little of freaky in the movie than in theshow but thats whats great about it. Plus I think the death gods in Death Note are so much better then the more kid friendly ones in Bleach. Hey are the voice actors the same for Ryuk and L. in the movie and the anime?
Old 2006-11-01, 15:42   Link #97
^_Usagi_^
BaKa

Ryuk - Shidou Nakamura (anime)
L - Kappei Yamaguchi (anime)

Ryuk - Shido Nakamura (movie)
L - Ken'ichi Matsuyama (movie)
if I'm not mistaken

My brilian conclusion... Yes & no
Old 2006-11-01, 16:33   Link #98
DribCC

Thank you. Guess everyone sounds the same with L.'s voice changer.
Old 2006-11-01, 17:47   Link #99
Da Foxx

I've just downloaded the RAW and watched it to the part where they are on the bus. Can't wait for one of the groups to sub this movie.
Old 2006-11-02, 10:27   Link #100
AK-kun
Made of Singapore and Win

Send a message via AIM to AK-kun Send a message via MSN to AK-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
GV tampines was filled to the brim when I saw it.
I went to GV Plaza Singapura (the halls there are small) and nearly had the whole cinema to myself and my friends.

Spoiler:

You're very right, Usagi. They sounded exactly alike.
Closed Thread