AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-30, 21:43   Link #261
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Man oh man, MILF to the rescue. Hakufu was about to throw down her own Dragon right there because 'Mou-chan' nearly got killed. Sounded like Chou-un had to hit her with a nearly fatal strike to disable Ryoumou's Dragon Mode. Too bad we won't see Hakufu in Dragon Mode for a good while thanks to that.
And such a useless man, that Gakushuu.
Spoiler for what happens later on:
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 16:57   Link #262
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 4 was pretty good. Its good to see boobie bombs Hakafu back in action. The dialog between her and Koukin when she had to go to bathroom was so damn funny yet at the same time so so so dirty. Hakufus mom shows once again why angry hot MILFS are not the be messed with. Sousou looks at first to be losing control to his dragon but to me it seems he actually has control over it at least more than the other 2 leaders. Hakafu showing up to talk Ryuubi was hilarious and of course it almost started a fight.

Teni finally made an her entrance equipped with a bow and arrow and her faith. Ryomou was caught completely off guard. Teni showed no hesitation and her eyes had no emotion im sure her aim is very deadly.

A little help please
Saw two characters for a split second in this episode could not see who they were though.

1. Kanu asked someone to go check out events leading to Kakakus assignation. She had long hair and carried a sword.

2. Little girl wearing a white robe and green and holding a feather fan. I wonder if she carries the destiny of Zhuge Liang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post

4000x5849, 1.6 MB
Not bad but Kanu and Ryoufu from the first series imo are the 2 hottest in the series. i miss Ryoufu
Old 2007-03-31, 17:05   Link #263
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
1. Kanu asked someone to go check out events leading to Kakakus assignation. She had long hair and carried a sword.
Zhao Yun or Chun-un

Quote:
2. Little girl wearing a white robe and green and holding a feather fan. I wonder if she carries the destiny of Zhuge Liang.
Who else carries a feather fan
Old 2007-03-31, 17:35   Link #264
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Zhao Yun or Chun-un

Who else carries a feather fan
thanks now that i know the name it all makes sense and your right no one else would carry a white fan just making sure. That means now Zhuge Lian and Sima Yi have made an appearance in the show-Rock on
Old 2007-04-01, 08:24   Link #265
Bloodseeker

Episode 1

At least the fights are better... they're still not great (and I couldn't help but notice that they occasionally liked to show the fighter's backs when they were landing blows instead of showing the strikes... though I doubt that it would have stood out to me if I weren't looking for flaws), but they're not bad anymore, much less so terrible that you can't not notice how cheap they are. (then again, this is just off of one episode; it could get better when it gets to more important fights, or it can sink in quality after a few episodes.

The Shu group's more likable than I thought they'd be (characters like Kan-u generally tend to make for really boring leads, but Chouji and Ryuubi are both pretty entertaining, and they're sharing the lead role with Kan-u, so...), but I still say that the sooner that they switch the focus back to Hakufu, the better. And I'm still not a fan of any of their character designs, sans Kan-u. Seems like the Shu are destined to get most of the meh/ugly chicks... (I can only think of two non-Shu girls that have character designs that I don't like, that being the other two glasses chicks)

And Mochan needs to ditch the maid costume and stick to wearing the Chinese dress. She's usually not all that hot (compared to other Ikkitousen girls, at least), but she looked pretty hot in that.

Episode 2

Sousou has the right idea. Ikkitousen's glasses girls are hot when they lose the glasses.

Ton fails at being as badass as his predecessor. Eat it, dammit!

And the Shu group continues to be pretty likable, moreso than the Wu group overall. (not that that's a huge achievement... Mochan's alright, but the only Wu character that's really likable is Hakufu) Hakufu still needs to hurry up and return as the lead, though.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 14:02   Link #266
Lumineya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post

Not bad but Kanu and Ryoufu from the first series imo are the 2 hottest in the series. i miss Ryoufu
Yes! I'm not the only Ryofu fan!
Lumineya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 16:20   Link #267
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumineya View Post
Ryofu seems to be pretty well liked by just about everybody that's seen Ikkitousen...
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 22:04   Link #268
Fishbait

Episode 5 was interesting. I wonder what goes through Shiba-I's mind, if she's really heartless or just focuses on the whole destiny/fate thing more than other things.

Also...I think I'm just gonna ignore all the inaccuracies when it comes to the strength of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms warriors. It's obvious the anime isn't exactly going according the text, oh well ~_~
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 22:35   Link #269
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumineya View Post
There are actually a lot of Ryofu fans I never really got upset about anything in the first series till she died i take that back i was actually pissed. But if you know anything about ROTK the destiny she was burden with, there was no way she could have survived. I will say im enjoying the DD a lot right now, seeing all the new characters in action is great. besides we might have lost one hottie but we still have Kan U.
Old 2007-04-02, 00:32   Link #270
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Spoiler for what happens later on:
I also eagerly await that rematch.

But I have a feeling it will be like that Satomi/Rika re-match in Variable Geo anime.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 08:20   Link #271
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
And as promised, here she is...

The day light rays took out the appeal of her eyes so...

Preview:

PNG version...without background...here.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 15:55   Link #272
Jamie OD
Rusty Metal Alchamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
Ryofu seems to be pretty well liked by just about everybody that's seen Ikkitousen...
Judging by all the figurines and stuff I've seen Ryofu is definately one of the most popular characters. I can see why.
Jamie OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 18:00   Link #273
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
I also eagerly await that rematch.

But I have a feeling it will be like that Satomi/Rika re-match in Variable Geo anime.
Oh don't remind me of that (actually still in possesion of the ADV english vid)... That was a total let-down. (Satomi all the way~!)

I really don't see how Nanyo's still keeping Kyosho at bay since aside from the Four Devas and Hakufu, everyone is just pansy. Even Seito has more A+ rank toushi than Kyosho at the moment. Hakufu better get that alliance with Ukitsu and Tashiji going pretty fast or else... ;_;
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 20:30   Link #274
JayF

Anyone here heard about the DVD specials?

One word, onsen!
JayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 20:47   Link #275
rpgman1

Fanservice galore with high schools competing for territories, but with a touch of historical backdrop from RotTK. I guess Dragon Destiny is actually meant for those three who were meant to conquer the territories.

Yes I did watch the original Ikkitousen and it was more of a guilty pleasure. Dragon Destiny still feels the same, but the plot and story is slightly more flushed out with minor characters from the first season becoming major characters.

I'm starting to like DD more now because I really like the focus on the minor characters and use the RotTK as a historical backdrop. Destiny cannot be changed as it is already taking place whether or not the characters want to change it.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 00:38   Link #276
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I really don't see how Nanyo's still keeping Kyosho at bay since aside from the Four Devas and Hakufu, everyone is just pansy. Even Seito has more A+ rank toushi than Kyosho at the moment. Hakufu better get that alliance with Ukitsu and Tashiji going pretty fast or else... ;_;
According to the old story, Shu has the most good generals, but the fewest troops, Wei has the most troops and the fewest good generals, and Wu is a good balance of both. The balance of power is that no one power is capable of defeating both the others, and when one tries, like at Chibi, it gets crushed. Note that this isn't a manga spoiler - it's based off of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

On a semi-related note, I'm really curious as to how good the Battle of Red Cliff by John Woo is going to end up being.
Old 2007-04-03, 00:56   Link #277
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
According to the old story, Shu has the most good generals, but the fewest troops, Wei has the most troops and the fewest good generals, and Wu is a good balance of both. The balance of power is that no one power is capable of defeating both the others, and when one tries, like at Chibi, it gets crushed. Note that this isn't a manga spoiler - it's based off of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

On a semi-related note, I'm really curious as to how good the Battle of Red Cliff by John Woo is going to end up being.
Ah no.

Shu had the best general but not anywhere close to the most.

Guan Yu
Ma Chao
Zhang Fei
Zhao Yun
Huang Zhong
Mai Dai
Jiang Wei
Wei Yan

was about it.

Wei had the most good general of any of the three plus the most terrority and most troops. Which was why Jin which took over form Wei conquor the whole of China.

Dian Wei
Xu Chu
Zhang Liao
Zhang he
Li Dian
Yu Jin
Yue Jin
Chen Tai
Xiahou Dun
Xiahou Yuan
Cao Ren
Hao Zhao
Xu Huang
Deng Ai
Deng Dong
Guo Hui
Pang De

Wu also quite a few good generals but the games like to underrate them.

Ding Feng
Gan Ning
Zhou Tai
Xu Sheng
Cheng Pu
Han Dang
huang gai
Ling Tong

This list is the fighting general not even including the military adviors.

The battle of Red Cliff was Due to three factors:

1. Guo Jia die, as CaoCao said if Guo Jia was alive there would have been no Red Cliff.
2. The Wei troops were inexperience in water battles.
3. No one on Wei sides expected the wind direction to change in the middle of the battle.
Old 2007-04-03, 01:05   Link #278
4Tran

Perhaps my use of "good generals" wasn't a very good word choice. I meant that Shu had the most top-tier generals, then Wu, then Wei. It's obviously quite a bit more complicated than that, but I don't really want to get into specifics. By the way, I'd definitely include the strategists in that assessment.
Old 2007-04-03, 01:08   Link #279
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Perhaps my use of "good generals" wasn't a very good word choice. I meant that Shu had the most top-tier generals, then Wu, then Wei. It's obviously quite a bit more complicated than that, but I don't really want to get into specifics. By the way, I'd definitely include the strategists in that assessment.
If you include the strategist thent he list goes even more Wei heavy.
Old 2007-04-03, 01:23   Link #280
Fishbait

Quote:
I wouldn't say they were the true "top tier", but the Shu generals definitely had more spot lights in the novel. Which often resulting in modern adaptations, such as video games, to portray them as a step above the others.

If one had to make a true Tier-list going by the feats in the novel, then the upper top tier would be flooded with Wei and Shu generals.

I really don't think RotTK portrayed the Wu generals as all that strong or described about them as much as the others, so I was a bit surprised that Ikkitousen started with Sun Ce being the main character and all O.o
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote