AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-15, 07:35   Link #881
ookamigirl

Love problems outweigh their manga writing & success issues.
Takagi sure got in over his head, but I'm glad both of them managed to sort it out.
Nice episode. Guess they decided to make it more about romance lately.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 11:27   Link #882
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Nakai became such a jerk. Glad Aoki slapped him.

Glad the relationship problem was resolved. Nice that Aoki became friends with Miyoshi and Azuki. At least Takagi got out of it by proposing.

Best news but most surprising was Tanto getting first place. Now just to hop it gets serialized.
Old 2012-01-15, 12:05   Link #883
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Hm, I'm starting to like Aoki more. Nakai is a jerk..

and I just realized they announced 3rd season. \o/
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 13:20   Link #884
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Wow Nakai became such a jerk. Glad Aoki slapped him.
I'm not. What if she'd injured her hand? She should have thrown her tea in his face.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 15:29   Link #885
Xagzan

Man, I know some people didn't like this arc, now or in the manga, but it remains one of my favorites.

I mean, these characters aren't just manga machines. They're people, and this arc gave us more of a glimpse into their lives, something besides just us seeing them write manga week after week. It was also a pretty momentous arc for many of them. Mashiro and Miho had their first big fight. Takagi and Kaya got engaged, and learned a little something about trust, and hopefully honesty (same goes for M&M). Iwase returned. Nakai turned into a jackass. And of course, we got to see the result of Aoki's long-term character development: where she was once the cold, arrogant Ice Queen, she became friends with other mangaka and even had a crush on one. And even when that didn't work out, she still remains friends with him and his fiancee.

Besides, it not like the manga stuff was left out. We still saw them writing Tanto, coming up with invention ideas, getting first place, and all that in just one episode.

Yeah, this was definitely one of favorite parts in the manga. And looking at the preview, and from what I remember, it ain't over yet.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 17:24   Link #886
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not. What if she'd injured her hand? She should have thrown her tea in his face.
Throwing tea probably better for her hand's sake, but sometimes one needs the satisfaction of just hitting a jerk. Though to be fair I'd have preferred just calling in Team Fukuda to beat the crap out of Nakai.
Old 2012-01-16, 21:44   Link #887
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post

Glad the relationship problem was resolved. Nice that Aoki became friends with Miyoshi and Azuki. At least Takagi got out of it by proposing.
But I feel so sorry for Aoi now. She is in not really position and it just frustrates me seeing her cheering Takagi and Miyoshi like that. In a long the she was able to open her heart for someone she could trust for the first time but everything turned out to be bad for her side. I guess she is not lucky at all and when Nakai acted like that in front of her like that I just raged and screamed out loud in the house. I just want to give her a big hug. I normally don't watch previews but I saw Fukuda at the very end of episode when video stopped playing. It would be really nice if Fukuda helps Aoi and relieve her troubled little yet strong heart. Fukuda&Aoi ship sounds just fine to me and I can support them from the bottom of my heart if they get into relationship with each other ;w;''
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Throwing tea probably better for her hand's sake, but sometimes one needs the satisfaction of just hitting a jerk. Though to be fair I'd have preferred just calling in Team Fukuda to beat the crap out of Nakai.
This. I would also gladly join to lynch mob lol.
Old 2012-01-16, 21:56   Link #888
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpax View Post
But I feel so sorry for Aoi now. She is in not really position and it just frustrates me seeing her cheering Takagi and Miyoshi like that. In a long the she was able to open her heart for someone she could trust for the first time but everything turned out to be bad for her side. I guess she is not lucky at all and when Nakai acted like that in front of her like that I just raged and screamed out loud in the house. I just want to give her a big hug. I normally don't watch previews but I saw Fukuda at the very end of episode when video stopped playing. It would be really nice if Fukuda helps Aoi and relieve her troubled little yet strong heart. Fukuda&Aoi ship sounds just fine to me and I can support them from the bottom of my heart if they get into relationship with each other ;w;''
I agree that i feel sorry for Aoi, but i don't want her getting the way of Takagai & Miyoshi's relationship. I like that they became friends. Also it would be awesome for Fukuda come in and save the day for her.
Old 2012-01-17, 01:29   Link #889
Meltyred

Should I watch the anime if I get irritated by them saying "Jack"?
It's the only thing that I dropped season 1 for...
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 10:48   Link #890
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Should I watch the anime if I get irritated by them saying "Jack"?
It's the only thing that I dropped season 1 for...
That's the only reason? I mean yeah it's kind of stupid that they don't say Jump, especially when they have Naruto and One Piece manga covers, but you get over it. It's a fine series, especially you get further and further in.

By the way, it's "Aoki," fellas
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 12:52   Link #891
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
That's the only reason? I mean yeah it's kind of stupid that they don't say Jump, especially when they have Naruto and One Piece manga covers, but you get over it. It's a fine series, especially you get further and further in.

By the way, it's "Aoki," fellas
I am as far in as you can get.
I read the manga, so I am very annoyed by it.
It just doesn't have the same feel.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 00:27   Link #892
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

New Page 15: Monkeys and Marriage

In my previous post, I was effusive and many people pointed out that I was being unfair with the occurrences that happened between Takagi and Miyoshi rebounding immediately upon Mashiro and Azuki.

Still, I stand up for my comments, since the bush beating from both sides tired me and just wanting that Takagi could explain everything to Miyoshi and stop looking at Mashiro being a jerk for not replying to Azuki to apologize to her.

However, I was very supportive of Aoki dealing with Nakai. Pretty much the scene at the restaurant was downplayed to some details, but Aoki's outrage and the subsequent slap on Nakai's face kept those strong feelings from the manga.

Pretty much, Nakai has turned into such a jerk, if he's using manga as a venue to flirt or date with other girls. Now, somebody else would probably tell me that I'm being unfair to Nakai because he's at his middle-30's and still hasn't met up with the girl of his dreams.
My response is that if Nakai didn't find success with manga, then he should've quit and carry on with his life, and probably he would have met the girl of his dreams outside manga.
If he stays with manga, he should continue to enjoy making art for a manga author and have patience before meeting the right girl.

Nevertheless, it's now undeniable that what Nakai said to Aoki emotionally damaged her and crushed whatever good expectations she still had for him.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 00:41   Link #893
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Love problems outweigh their manga writing & success issues.
Takagi sure got in over his head, but I'm glad both of them managed to sort it out.
Nice episode. Guess they decided to make it more about romance lately.
It's balance. Like it was mentioned earlier this isn't simply about the manga, it's about the journey of the people behind it. They're not machines, and they have lives. We get to see just how these lives change and develop. It's part of the fun that is Bakuman.

I'm assuming you don't read the manga, but I will assure you that the "real life" segments are very much needed (and appreciated). You can only take so much of the "pure manga" storylines at once. Without a break, it becomes somewhat like Bleach. With pointless battle after pointless battle.
Old 2012-01-19, 18:47   Link #894
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Man, I know some people didn't like this arc, now or in the manga, but it remains one of my favorites.
Really? I loved this arc! So much character development, especially on Aoki's side. I really like her now.

Nakai sure is a bastard and it is so contradicting to what he did in that episode with umbrella and snow. Looks like his love was very shallow...
Old 2012-01-25, 10:59   Link #895
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 16:
Old 2012-01-25, 17:09   Link #896
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep16:
Old 2012-01-25, 18:52   Link #897
Somnus
Eh?

The "Shut up Gonzalez!" and the conversation between Aoki and Fukuda were some of my favourite parts of this arc in the manga. I'm glad they did it justice in the episode.
Old 2012-01-25, 20:12   Link #898
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Niizuma's attitude towards events in the series almost perfectly reflects my own.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 22:55   Link #899
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

New Page 16: Prince and Savior

Pretty much, Fukuda knocked out cold the perverted lights of Ishizawa, and he proved to be very reliable and resourceful for Aoki.

After all, Fukuda considers all of Team Fukuda both their best friends and rivals, and he even got to coach Aoki on how to properly draw pachira shots; it was very funny to see Aoki putting up such comical faces. Indeed, Fukuda after Takagi unintentionally succeeded to pull out a smile on Aoki, and she pretty much has broadened her scope of close friends.

Now, onto the serialization cause it's going to get tough for Ashirogi Muto, and Nakai pretty much is wandering aimlessly in his comfort bubble putting poor Katou in cringes with his love innuendos. There's no much hope left for that guy.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 16:21   Link #900
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep16:
Funny how Nakai's situation is the reverse of the usual romantic comedy where someone is too absorbed in his/her career and learns to give love or family some attention.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen