AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 44 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 30.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-26, 15:28   Link #61
imac2much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Still, perhaps both in this arc and in Tatarigoroshi-hen, it was always just Rena's/K1's friends covering them. Did perhaps Mion move Teppei's corpse in Tatarigoroshi-hen as well? She could have very easilly figured out what K1 was up to.
I was wondering this as well. However, didn't people see Teppei after that night? I'll have to rewatch those episodes...
Old 2006-09-26, 15:33   Link #62
BakaOnna

Wow... this episodes was... really awesome. It's probably my favorite episode so far. So many relevations. This episode was sad and made me teary. >.>

It does seem like the reset theory is true. About that one TIP about the dice, I don't think Rika was talking to Sakoto. It seems to me like Sakoto came down and saw that Rika was still awake. I also think the person Rika is talking to is the same person she was talking to with the "My Favorite Wine" TIP. Oyashiro? Anyway, I can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2006-09-26, 15:33   Link #63
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Spoiler:

This line caught my attention...

She is Rika somehow, but at the same time is not...

To me it looks like this:
Rika Furude is a small child like the others
The other one (Frederika?) is the Rika that has the memories of the other worlds and is bored with these loops of reality
The one Rika/Frederika talks with while drinks wine is... Oyashiro-sama? hehehe

blergh...
Old 2006-09-26, 16:37   Link #64
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
HOW did she know about K1's indiscretions with the BB Gun. She said it was Oishi but I have my doubts he would reveal that information to a minor much less a mentally not-stable minor.
Oishi doesn't know that Rena has lost it. He has only has contacted her a few times. First at the school in his car and had at least 2 phone calls later. Her hysteria can be explain (in his pt of view) that he thinks Rena is being targetted by the Sonozaki Family. Besides if you only heard the first part of her theory it sounds reasonable (even tho questionable).

There's a lot of stuff skipped from the Mion + Keiichi scene this EP and Rena + Keiichi phone call from the last EP. Basically, the scrapbooks were much more detailed with other scientific evidences (ie talking about other types of parasites, talking about spring fever/allergies, etc). and circumstantial evidences (more Sonozaki stuff during the Dam wars), but Mion picks apart every example Keiichi could think of from his phone call with Rena the following day.

Quote:
I believe the multiple notebooks...
Apparently, according to Mion, Rena isn't the first of Takano's victims. Takano picks a lucky child every year to tell her stories to Years before, Satoko believed there were mole people running around for a while.

Quote:
Still, perhaps both in this arc and in Tatarigoroshi-hen, it was always just Rena's/K1's friends covering them. Did perhaps Mion move Teppei's corpse in Tatarigoroshi-hen as well? She could have very easilly figured out what K1 was up to.
Most likely this was Shion who did this. Shion intercepted Keiichi's phone call and knew instantly the same situation happened last year. She was in the best position to cover up for Keiichi. Ne-ne + Ni-Ni do think alike ^^;
Old 2006-09-26, 17:48   Link #65
imac2much

Hm actually, are we really sure that Keiichi did actually kill Teppei? Didn't his friends say he was at the festival the entire time..?
Old 2006-09-26, 17:59   Link #66
Shuin4
You faked all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imac2much
Hm actually, are we really sure that Keiichi did actually kill Teppei? Didn't his friends say he was at the festival the entire time..?
That was a cover-up from his friends. I guess Rena, Mion, and Rika saw that Satoko was very upset over his sudden disappearance (Asshole or not, you would still be really nervous if one of your best friends murdered your uncle) and decided to let Satoko believe Keiichi really was at the festival. Keiichi was just too dumb to catch on.
Old 2006-09-26, 18:05   Link #67
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Apparently, according to Mion, Rena isn't the first of Takano's victims. Takano picks a lucky child every year to tell her stories to
They really should have mentioned this in the anime, it seems to me like an important clue but then again I am somewhat obsessed with Takano.

Old 2006-09-26, 18:19   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
Apparently, according to Mion, Rena isn't the first of Takano's victims. Takano picks a lucky child every year to tell her stories to Years before, Satoko believed there were mole people running around for a while.
the bastard... telling stories make ppl go crazy...and gets them killed...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-26, 20:10   Link #69
imac2much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuin4
That was a cover-up from his friends. I guess Rena, Mion, and Rika saw that Satoko was very upset over his sudden disappearance (Asshole or not, you would still be really nervous if one of your best friends murdered your uncle) and decided to let Satoko believe Keiichi really was at the festival. Keiichi was just too dumb to catch on.
Ah... yeah I just rewatched Tatarigoroshihen and realized they never showed Teppei after that night. That arc is starting to make more sense to me now... still confused about some things but I'm guessing most of the answers are in Minagoroshihen? (hopefully I'm not going too off topic haha).
Old 2006-09-26, 20:54   Link #70
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Quote:
Most likely this was Shion who did this. Shion intercepted Keiichi's phone call and knew instantly the same situation happened last year. She was in the best position to cover up for Keiichi. Ne-ne + Ni-Ni do think alike ^^;
Yeah
I noticed it too
Just take a look again on Tatarigoroshi and Meakashi
On Tatarigoroshi "Mion" said "I received a similar call last year" (refering to Satoshi) but from Meakashi we know the one who received this call was Shion. (Even if the "worlds/arcs" are different I'll admit some things are the same)

Shion probably prepared to cover up for Keiichi, maybe she even got help from the girls, Mion and Rena. Who knows...
Old 2006-09-26, 21:30   Link #71
Matrim

Er, I think LostBlue was just kidding. Why would Shion intercept that phone call? It's possible, though not that likely that Mion and the rest might have moved the body but I was never a fan of the cover up theory. I just don't think the girls would be that dumb not to inform him about the cover up and leave him think he was going mad.

Old 2006-09-26, 21:31   Link #72
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
the bastard... telling stories make ppl go crazy...and gets them killed...
For your amusement, I roughly TL half of Mion's confession to Keiichi. None of this is relevant, but if you guys want to the rest of it, I guess I'll post it later in the week (the rest of the convo is up). This is where Mion talks about Takano's past works.

Spoiler:

Last edited by LostBlue; 2006-09-29 at 22:39.
Old 2006-09-26, 21:34   Link #73
myopius

Still can't get this episode out of my head. What I'm wondering if how Rika will "fight with him". And if that will continue past this arc. And on the nature of the menace that she's willing to fight... If it's something that somebody who has a consciousness that spans across different realities takes extremely seriously, then I'm starting to doubt that "Oyashiro-sama's curse" can be just a virus or even something as mundane as aliens.
Old 2006-09-26, 21:34   Link #74
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Well, heh, I didn't expect Keiichi to suddenly see into other dimensions. I knew there was some kind of magic force behind everything in this anime, but I am surprised they went that far. I'm not complaining, though, that is kind of cool. Maybe he should see all the dimensions =O. Well, I guess the first arc is the only one in which Keiichi had similar problems to Rena...
Old 2006-09-26, 21:36   Link #75
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Er, I think LostBlue was just kidding. Why would Shion intercept that phone call? It's possible, though not that likely that Mion and the rest might have moved the body but I was never a fan of the cover up theory. I just don't think the girls would be that dumb not to inform him about the cover up and leave him think he was going mad.
Shion took the call, IMO. Read the last TIP for Meakashi.
When Shion isn't crazy, she's actually PROTECTIVE of Satoko (very apparent in Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi). Keiichi is her Ni-ni and Shion is her Ne-ne.

Unless you want to believe the dopplerganger theory which Rena supports in TIP 129.
Old 2006-09-26, 21:43   Link #76
Matrim

OK, maybe Shion moved the body but that does not explain Keiichi being seen on the festival.
Come to think about, why is the police unaware about Takano's penchant for fantastic scenarios? After all, it seems that her obsession is well known by the villagers if we are to trust Mion. Although, getting info from these particular villagers is not easy.

Old 2006-09-26, 22:25   Link #77
MarthX

Quote:
For your amusement, I roughly TL half of Mion's confession to Keiichi. None of this is relevant, but if you guys want to the rest of it, I guess I'll post it later in the week. This is where Mion talks about Takano's past works.

Spoiler:
Please do the rest. The more detail I know about the game (relevant or not) the better.
Old 2006-09-27, 01:19   Link #78
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Then you must indeed wonder what Mion and Rena was about to tell Kei in Tatarigoroshi. Seriously, the anime does a very bad job at these things that some scenes are forgettable. Go watch Higurashi once over again after watching the last episode, and jot down notes.

By the way, you do realize by now that the corpse at the beginning of Tatarigoroshi was Rina right? People here and there wouldn't have wasted their time formulating that was Satoshi when all they had to read were the TIPS.
Old 2006-09-27, 10:19   Link #79
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
For your amusement, I roughly TL half of Mion's confession to Keiichi. None of this is relevant, but if you guys want to the rest of it, I guess I'll post it later in the week. This is where Mion talks about Takano's past works.

Spoiler:
Yeah, this totally makes sense. Takano seems like she is always having so much fun when she talks about this kind of stuff.

As far as Shion being the one covering for Keiichi in Tatarigoroshi-hen it makes some sense too, since Mion would have probably been busy at the matsuri. Still, why would Shion be at Mion's phone number? And of course, it is not like they can hide the fact that Teppei is at least missing from Satoko. Although I think Satoko goes paranoia-crazy in Tatarigoroshi-hen anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostblue
This wouldn't happen to be three years ago, would it?

I have had a strong suspicion since all the way back at episode 13 when Satako pushed K1 off the bridge that that was not the first time she had done something like that.
Old 2006-09-27, 17:56   Link #80
Kisuke06
I see...

This episode was just great, IMO. Keiichi remambering what he had done in other arcs was rather surprising, I never tought something like that could happen. And after reading this thread, Tatarigoroshi-hen makes more sense.

Hm... I still need to read the tips of this episode.
Closed Thread