Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-05-07, 07:03   Link #101
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I. WILL. NOT. CHANGE. MY. CORNER!

Anyway, your last few siggy seems to be very different from you older creation (Read: you dont suffer "I need to put something, somewhere" much anymore)

Style experimenting? To be honest, when I see landscape as sig BG, I kinda imagine Jayson's (aka K.Yamato) work

Regarding sig dimension .. I suffer the same How the hell am I supposed to put my render at such tiny height as well when I started playing with sig creation .. for me, even 500x160 is too small... Now when I see 500x160 sig, I go OH SHI- ! A giant

Could do with bigger sig filesize tho
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 10:35   Link #102
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Second the siggy size thing.
-----------------------------
Oh noes now I have to conffess something >_<
I liked Klash's old style better..
The I have no idea how to do this (this = "emptiness" *cough cough*) look..

These new ones smell of external rather then internal inspiration and feeling.
Like one of those feel-good-when-you-look-at-me sigs I sometimes use.

Want moer Kla-shi-ri

But don't mind what I say... I'm temporarily ill with uncurable coffee sickness.
Old 2007-05-07, 11:05   Link #103
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Anyway, your last few siggy seems to be very different from you older creation (Read: you dont suffer "I need to put something, somewhere" much anymore)

Style experimenting? To be honest, when I see landscape as sig BG, I kinda imagine Jayson's (aka K.Yamato) work
well... felt my style wasn't really graved in stone, much versatile, depending on the anime in fact ^^"
but sola was impossible to do with the usual "configuration" i use anyway.
Quote:
Regarding sig dimension .. I suffer the same How the hell am I supposed to put my render at such tiny height as well when I started playing with sig creation .. for me, even 500x160 is too small... Now when I see 500x160 sig, I go OH SHI- ! A giant

Could do with bigger sig filesize tho
i have really a bad feeling if the mods increase the Kb limit... while cats would go completely nuts, Pellissier and riker would create much more extended animated signature, you, KiNa would probably go Panzer and unleash ridiculeous signature with neat eye candy eechi renders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Second the siggy size thing.
-----------------------------
Oh noes now I have to conffess something >_<
I liked Klash's old style better..
The I have no idea how to do this (this = "emptiness" *cough cough*) look..
Fear not, my cluttered inspiration didn't disappear. hell, it even kicked in my poor brain a lot of times when i was doing sola signatures ~~
Quote:
These new ones smell of external rather then internal inspiration and feeling.
Like one of those feel-good-when-you-look-at-me sigs I sometimes use.
really? well, i really wanted to be the most faithful and sky based for them.
maybe i was a bit too restrained for characters "natural" associations with their respective BG ^^"
Quote:
Want moer Kla-shi-ri
oi... third nickname you are giving me. i feel that i will have a different for each of your answer from now on

Quote:

But don't mind what I say... I'm temporarily ill with uncurable coffee sickness.
Don't tell me you are overabusing coffee a la garfield?
Old 2007-05-07, 11:13   Link #104
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
i have really a bad feeling if the mods increase the Kb limit... while cats would go completely nuts, Pellissier and riker would create much more extended animated signature, you, KiNa would probably go Panzer and unleash ridiculeous signature with neat eye candy eechi renders
Actually.. combine all that and you get most of my sig works which are filtered out of ASuki
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-05-18, 17:42   Link #105
Tautomer

Hey Klashikari, I'm really impressed by how well-made your sigs are. I was wondering if I could use the Shana sig. Thanks XD.
Tautomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 12:31   Link #106
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ go ahead, it is yours i will update its status

good timing, i've just finally got the inspiration for some sigs -__-" (almost 2 whole weeks, guess my mind was awfully drained with sola)

Reckless "tomoboyish" subaru, from nanoha strikers.

well, i didn't want to copy paste the 3 ol' sigs, so "new gen"...
so, the first thing to say : i hate nanoha animator crew, the amount of official artwork is near to NONE.
and since there isn't any serious and faithful fanart (or maybe i wans't able to catch it, due the insane number of NXF material ), choice of the day : screencap -__-"

so, enjoy the jagged edges, and weird blending ~~

like sola, and A's set, i will probably do the whole set of the 4 rookies,a nd maybe "BONUS ADULT SET" for the 2 lov... i mean, weapon of mass destruction ladies.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-05-19 at 12:53.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 14:54   Link #107
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
imo even with the tweek it seems to be that subaru is still too "dull" ~ in fact the whole sig just screams dullness to be frank (no to be taken personally ofc) ~ i think the main reason behind that has to be the colours used...everything looks fairly "flat" with hardly any tones of shadow or luminating points...being monotoned just makes the sig looks too 2D which isnt a good thing >.<

also you should back the BG sign stick out more! ~ probably would work better if you messed around with the contrast or hue options (in fact try doing it for each different layer to see what effect fits best ^__^)

and lastly...its too long! :O but just make the the text in the middle a bit larger

and to help you on your way with the sigs these pics may come in handy

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 16:00   Link #108
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

1. It's not dull but more like dirty.
Her jacket should be pure white, or at least far whiter then it is now. =)

2. The text should be either animated or tweaked a little.

3. The background should be brighten up and all the colors should also be tweaked towards more visible spectrums. ( I'm really curious what's suppose to be in the BG =) )

4. Miss knuckle could use a zoom in, lots of dull space IMO. The top part is has more detail, hidden by the current zoom level.

----------------------------------------------
Q. When do you add the text, before or after you sample it down. =)
Old 2007-05-19, 18:08   Link #109
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
imo even with the tweek it seems to be that subaru is still too "dull" ~ in fact the whole sig just screams dullness to be frank (no to be taken personally ofc) ~ i think the main reason behind that has to be the colours used...everything looks fairly "flat" with hardly any tones of shadow or luminating points...being monotoned just makes the sig looks too 2D which isnt a good thing >.<
actually, i was kinda afraid that my usual contrast and such wouldn't really fit that kind of hue and interface like XD
Quote:
also you should back the BG sign stick out more! ~ probably would work better if you messed around with the contrast or hue options (in fact try doing it for each different layer to see what effect fits best ^__^)
you know me : random settings are my field V_V
Quote:
and lastly...its too long! :O but just make the the text in the middle a bit larger

and to help you on your way with the sigs these pics may come in handy

heh thanks for the material.
i'm just afraid i will end in some similar result than your signatures if i use the same source
too bad that except subaru, they are a bit too passive, but better this than the horrible screencaps...

Quote:
1. It's not dull but more like dirty.
Her jacket should be pure white, or at least far whiter then it is now. =)
this is where screencaps quality is really hideous...
Quote:
2. The text should be either animated or tweaked a little.
i guess you are referring to the center text?
well animated... i don't even make bearable animated avi, so signature... huho
i tried a bit how it would look, but the huge quality drop makes me give up instantly.
Quote:
3. The background should be brighten up and all the colors should also be tweaked towards more visible spectrums. ( I'm really curious what's suppose to be in the BG =) )
point taken.
as for the BG, it is a dumb gradiant, with the Belka Magic Sigil, and some random lines and squares.
Quote:
4. Miss knuckle could use a zoom in, lots of dull space IMO. The top part is has more detail, hidden by the current zoom level.
refers to point 1 : the quality is garbage.
if i zoom even a bit better, you will notice that the pic is rather blurry.
Quote:
----------------------------------------------
Q. When do you add the text, before or after you sample it down. =)
After.

well then, after the demolishing, but fair and square, and accurate critics, here is the V2 (hoping this IS an improvement, though i have doubts...)

Old 2007-05-20, 00:17   Link #110
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

The mid text really sux .. SERIOUSLY. .. Dont match at all IMO, with the rest of the sig. Crop out the left side from the mid of her... and move her to the right if you dont want popout .. less empty space, and the left side is full of random dont match the sig stuff anyway <.<

As you can see, I'm in a very bad mood today =_=
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-05-20, 00:23   Link #111
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
^ - i like random... random is so.... random... chaos FTW!!!

wow... these guys really are brutal.... i feel for ya klash, *sniff... they tore up my first couple sigs something fierce too... though u've been here a lot longer than i have....

i rather like the sig... its creative, and looks like u put some time into it...

i would comment something else on the sig, but i'd rather this particular post stay 100% positive...

n e wayz, nice stuff man.... keep it up, and don't let a few critques stir u up, everybody has different tastes...
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 03:28   Link #112
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjester View Post
wow... these guys really are brutal.... i feel for ya klash, *sniff... they tore up my first couple sigs something fierce too... though u've been here a lot longer than i have....
That comment made me smile. ^______^

You haven't seen Klashikari's critiques of their sigs, have you? These guys enjoy tearing each other's sigs up. Just kidding. It's a good way to improve (if you can take the beating). :3
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 04:47   Link #113
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I like Version 2. =) Nice Job!
-------------------------------
Okey so maybe it could use some extra tweaking, but I think that's something you should just take in as feedback for future projects.
Old 2007-05-20, 04:53   Link #114
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The mid text really sux .. SERIOUSLY. .. Dont match at all IMO, with the rest of the sig.
the Text font is basically a gamble. in fact, it is the the source font of the alert and other various computer information in the anime.
thus, it would ring a bell to those who watch the series, but it would rather look weird and hideous for the rest.

i'm still hesistating to use a simplier and more "straight tech" font for this.
Quote:
Crop out the left side from the mid of her... and move her to the right if you dont want popout .. less empty space, and the left side is full of random dont match the sig stuff anyway <.<
again, i think the problem is most mikely that it is based on the anime : the sigil might seem weird (not as much as the font though), but it should be ther anyway

as for the crop, well, i didn't feel that amount of empty space, i might try to move the belka sigil a bit ^^" (but i would like to stay with 500 length, but sounds like it will be hard )
Quote:
As you can see, I'm in a very bad mood today =_=
don't pop out a vein though XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjester View Post
^ - i like random... random is so.... random... chaos FTW!!!

this isn't anything that fierce (well compared to the rest on the thread, yes, but as in generla, hell no XD)
Quote:
i rather like the sig... its creative, and looks like u put some time into it...

i would comment something else on the sig, but i'd rather this particular post stay 100% positive...
oi, you should post everything you have in mind : either positive or negative, i'm vigourous enough to withstand mild/high (and maybe severe) critics

Quote:
n e wayz, nice stuff man.... keep it up, and don't let a few critques stir u up, everybody has different tastes...
the critics aren't really the my main issue, but rather my inspiration randomness, which isn't really callled forth when i'm terribly in need of ~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
That comment made me smile. ^______^

You haven't seen Klashikari's critiques of their sigs, have you? These guys enjoy tearing each other's sigs up. Just kidding. It's a good way to improve (if you can take the beating). :3
Riker crits you for 9999 damage. you dies.

hum hum... touché, though i'm not THAT blunt (i hope so )
but yeah, this is the best way to improve ourselves (this signature isn't the most "modified", i feel there is a much patched up sig around i've made XD)

Quote:
I like Version 2. =) Nice Job!
-------------------------------
Okey so maybe it could use some extra tweaking, but I think that's something you should just take in as feedback for future projects.
yes, i felt that the center, and again the texts, and maybe some parts of the right need some tweek.
i don't think this will be the permanent V of this sig anyway (i will probably change some features). don't worry, i've noted most -if not- all the critics as usual, which will prevent me to do the same mistakes with the next 3 StrikerS sig ^^" (i hope XD)

EDIT :

well, V3 is here, and i think it is way smoother with the commented changes.
but i'm still a be reluctant for the length change

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-05-20 at 05:10.
Old 2007-05-20, 11:23   Link #115
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

much like Sola set, guess i should do Strikers rookies set, before i got owned by my usual uninspiration process ~~

As announced, this set will probably have the same structure, just like Nanoha A's sigs.
I'm really displeased that i couldn't find any good teana pic (i think she is the least covered of the 4, which is really a waste ~~)
, so, i got her with a kinda passive stance here >_>

i think i avoided the same mistakes of subaru V1/2, but can't tell due the big difference in hue
Old 2007-05-20, 11:25   Link #116
Choo!
When they cry

Send a message via MSN to Choo! Send a message via Yahoo to Choo!
That new one there is really good! The color design goes with her hair, so it makes it all blend in and look totally proffesional. Keep up the awesome work!
Choo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 11:47   Link #117
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

"Professional" is exaggerated : i don't think it is worthing praising with simple unicolor scheme ~~ (at least, without constrat, it's kinda too simple :x)

meh... the funny thing about "color match" is basically reminding me of the usual sentai scheme : heros are wearing civil clothes of the same color of their battle costume... (or in certain extent : lots of chars are wearing clothes (or having hair color ) of the same color of their element, duh...)
Old 2007-05-20, 15:16   Link #118
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Wow the new ones really pro. Way to go Klash.
Simple?.. is that your way of saying: it's too perfect.

---
I'll still give you points for random dumb luck tho'.
The reason why it looks so good is because the circle in the background resembles very well some Victorian decoration (as long as you don't focus on it), which IMO is the best theme for gunslinger girl there. You also used a brown, it gives the illusion of furniture. I figure you just eye-pickered the color of her hair, but its still the best color. Lucky you. xD
Old 2007-05-21, 01:48   Link #119
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Indeed.. the last one is a bit hard pressed to bash

A little more depth to the girl maybe?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-05-21, 04:43   Link #120
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'll still give you points for random dumb luck tho'.
The reason why it looks so good is because the circle in the background resembles very well some Victorian decoration (as long as you don't focus on it), which IMO is the best theme for gunslinger girl there. You also used a brown, it gives the illusion of furniture. I figure you just eye-pickered the color of her hair, but its still the best color. Lucky you. xD
huh, so the runic sigil fits the gunslinger aspect huh? news to me ^^"
but as for the color, i picked a certain orange/brown, which fits the magic circle color and teana's hair color, not really at random for this one (i spend a lot of time on the BG color... sheesh, the beginning was rough ~~)

Quote:
Indeed.. the last one is a bit hard pressed to bash

A little more depth to the girl maybe?
i can probably modify the contrast on her slightly, but it would also affect the sigil behind.
i guess i will have to think about it

*breath* well, sounds like i finally got a good pace for "set".
here is the third StrikerS signature, chibi 1, Erio :

The structure is basically the same, but i changed the interface lines, which would give some difference between star and lightning squads.
also, i interverted the personal "elements" (it is at the bottom instead of top for Erio and Caro)
side note : "Geschwindigkeit" means "speed" in german

last one won't be really easy, since i will have to struggle between searing pink, and sweet pink... (which, obviously, isn't really a fine color to manipulate with some tech aspects...)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-05-21 at 05:04.