Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-18, 14:11   Link #30681
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Terrible. Think of the same-charged ions that want to be together!

That's the same joke I came up with in high school in science class. I should have done something similar, although it should be known I sometimes failed science, and he most likely should too..

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-09-18, 14:43   Link #30682
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

House Bill Cuts Health Funds, Raising Odds of U.S. Shutdown
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/19/us...defunding.html
Quote:
WASHINGTON — House Republican leaders — bowing to the demands of their conservative wing — will put to a vote on Friday a stopgap spending measure that would strip all funding from President Obama’s signature health care law, increasing the likelihood that the government will shut down in two weeks.
House leaders are hoping the vote on the defunding measure will placate conservatives once the Democratically controlled Senate rejects it. The House, they are betting, would then pass a stopgap spending measure unencumbered by such policy baggage and shift the argument to the debt ceiling, which must be raised by mid-October if the government is to avoid an economically debilitating default.
Old 2013-09-18, 14:49   Link #30683
GDB

Oh how nice it'd be if we didn't have to worry about the idiots in the government holding the country hostage every 3-4 months.
Old 2013-09-18, 18:46   Link #30684
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Oh how nice it'd be if we didn't have to worry about the idiots in the government holding the country hostage every 3-4 months.
I can't say which possibility is the worse, the current situation or a Republican government filled with extremist with full control.
Old 2013-09-18, 19:02   Link #30685
GDB

I know this is just me being optimistic, but wouldn't it be nice if we had a mixed control government that actually worked for the betterment of its citizens without threats?
Old 2013-09-18, 19:04   Link #30686
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I know this is just me being optimistic, but wouldn't it be nice if we had a mixed control government that actually worked for the betterment of its citizens without threats?
whats wrong with you, our government is the best money can buy.
Old 2013-09-18, 19:13   Link #30687
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
whats wrong with you, our government is the best money can buy.
That's a big part of the problem.
Old 2013-09-18, 20:58   Link #30688
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Thanks to gerrymandering, don't worry, we'll be stuck with it for the next decade, if not the next several decades if Democrats become lazy again!

I hate the Democratic Party, but the prospect of the GOP getting majority is too horrifying.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
Old 2013-09-19, 08:33   Link #30689
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Who are you!? The SaintessHeart i know would jump with joy and try to "claim" those lolis with en excuse like "protect them from no good Yaoi French men".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I guess all the time S-chan spent in my reeducation course is working.
Isn't it just him not wanting to share his lolis with others?
Old 2013-09-19, 09:51   Link #30690
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Except he's rejecting them.
Old 2013-09-19, 10:34   Link #30691
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Nintendo visionary Hiroshi Yamauchi dies aged 85

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24160150

As a avid gamer, I do owe lot of childhood joy to this man.
RIP
Old 2013-09-19, 10:49   Link #30692
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Earlier in this month Putin posted that OP/ED column in NY Times on the point of American Exceptionalism. When I read it, all I could do was scoff. ...But then I found people agreeing with him and I was wondering outloud as to why they were agreeing with him. I've no problem getting criticism toward the point of American Exceptionalism ... We are our biggest critic, but when such criticism comes from people like Putin, I just have no other reaction but to Scoff.

I've seen few seemingly intelligent people in this forum came in agreement with Putin's words, and I was even tempted to reply.... but I'm glad I waited. Senator John McCain posted my sentiment rather well in the Russian news outlet Pravda today and here it is in the following:

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I agree that we, Americans, aren't "Exceptional" by any stretch of the imagination, but I would still prefer such criticism when it comes from within us rather than a dubious guy like Vladimir Putin.

Last edited by monir; 2013-09-19 at 13:00.
Old 2013-09-19, 11:00   Link #30693
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
A Russian citizen could not publish a testament like the one I just offered. President Putin and his associates do not believe in these values. They don't respect your dignity or accept your authority over them. They punish dissent and imprison opponents. They rig your elections. They control your media. They harass, threaten, and banish organizations that defend your right to self-governance. To perpetuate their power they foster rampant corruption in your courts and your economy and terrorize and even assassinate journalists who try to expose their corruption.
Quote:
How has he strengthened Russia's international stature? By allying Russia with some of the world's most offensive and threatening tyrannies. By supporting a Syrian regime that is murdering tens of thousands of its own people to remain in power and by blocking the United Nations from even condemning its atrocities. By refusing to consider the massacre of innocents, the plight of millions of refugees, the growing prospect of a conflagration that engulfs other countries in its flames an appropriate subject for the world's attention. He is not enhancing Russia's global reputation. He is destroying it. He has made her a friend to tyrants and an enemy to the oppressed, and untrusted by nations that seek to build a safer, more peaceful and prosperous world.
I am not the only one that finds these two paragraphs ironic, right? Well more so on the second.
Old 2013-09-19, 11:08   Link #30694
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

^---Agreed.

McCain's plan is just bomb Syria....which will cause exactly what he is promoting.

Also,

Edward Snowden wasn't a human rights activist. He was an contractor for the Military-Industral-Complex on behalf of the NSA. He was an ordinary American who did an extraordinary thing. He exposed one, no, THE LARGEST Spying Ring in Human History. He cared about the rule of law and and the Constitution and believed no one should be above it. For his beliefs and his courage, he is targeted by a man-hunt more suited for a man carrying stolen nuclear arms, and when he will be caught--if not for the Grace of "dictators" Putin, he will given a show trial reminiscent of the McCathy-era and will, of course, found guilty. That wasn't only a crime against Edward Snowden. It was a crime against the American people and people of the REST OF THE WORLD - a government worthy of Edward Snowden and of you.

Fixed for Lolz
Old 2013-09-19, 11:25   Link #30695
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I agree that we, Americans, aren't "Exceptional" by any stretch of the imagination, but I would still prefer such criticism when it comes from within us rather than a dubious guy like Vladimir Putin.
I think America is, for the better or worse, an exceptional nation in human history.
Not necessary individual citizens, but as a society as a whole.
There are numerous faults and shortcomings, but as a whole I believe it still stands tall as the leader.

And I'm not American.
If Earth was to be decimated tomorrow leaving only one nation intact, I'd probably choose USA to be the survivor, even above my home nation.
(preservation of the larger variety of gene pool and cultures is also a reason though. Melting pot and all.)
Old 2013-09-19, 11:39   Link #30696
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I think America is, for the better or worse, an exceptional nation in human history.
There are numerous faults and shortcomings, but as a whole I believe it still stands tall as the leader.

And I'm not American.
If Earth was to be decimated tomorrow leaving only one nation intact, I'd probably choose USA to be the survivor, even above my home nation.
(preservation of the larger variety of gene pool and cultures is also a reason though. Melting pot and all.)
I agree as well. Despite America's fault, there is a lot positive things about America as well.

Though I am an American, a very recently converted one though.
Old 2013-09-19, 12:13   Link #30697
Ridwan

America has been often overrated, but I would agree that it is one of the most fascinating, novel existences in history and that it has contributed significantly in pushing forward what we today consider progress in many fields.
Old 2013-09-19, 12:13   Link #30698
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Mostly we want you to not have a chance to look at them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
According to the article there was some 6 years old girls lingerie, you not interested ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Who are you!? The SaintessHeart i know would jump with joy and try to "claim" those lolis with en excuse like "protect them from no good Yaoi French men".
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
What have they done with SH? Die, doppleganger!

Ah....eh. Carry on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I guess all the time S-chan spent in my reeducation course is working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
You know, I actually don't mind a normal girl as long as she is cutely standing at around 150cm, likes hugs and fits nicely into my arms. Even if she is a fujoshi.

If you guys haven't noticed, I am one who believes that girls don't have to be sluts to be attractive. And I certainly don't believe in them growing up to be so.

These kind of things have to start young. You can't create people with sufficient self-esteem and integrity if you don't advise them about such things before they are 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I agree as well. Despite America's fault, there is a lot positive things about America as well.

Though I am an American, a very recently converted one though.
Every country has their own "positive" points. It depends on the kind of things you want.

I am all for freedom of expression, however, I support the freedom of thought as well. Then again, it is easier to just blurt out everything as it is than to think it through whether you are hurting the ego of some sensitive but very powerful pettycoat wearer, and on one other perspective, I don't like to listen to bitching about FB commentaries.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-09-19, 12:20   Link #30699
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

And I'm not American.
I rather be an American than a Chinese.
Old 2013-09-19, 12:25   Link #30700
Ridwan

China should've retained her monarchy.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international