AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-08, 23:50   Link #561
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
So is it going to be another dozen chapters of how Woli is amazing before we something from Ippo?
probably.. i hope ippo can crush his smiling face soon XD
Old 2010-01-09, 00:04   Link #562
james0246

Quote:
So is it going to be another dozen chapters of how Woli is amazing before we something from Ippo?
It is kind of weird how annoying this fight is. Realistically, Ippo has been in this exact same situation many a time before, but, for whatever reason, it is exceptionally annoying. The closest similar fight is probably the Take Keiichi match, but that is less to do with character and technique (considering that Wall-E and Take are completely different), and more to do with general annoyance toward the challenger. At least Ippo had the excuse, in the Take match, of not wanting to beat on an old fogey (sure, it was a shitty excuse, but it was at least a digestible pill), but in this match Wall-E simply started the fight in God Mode/as a Mary Sue (with the stupidest trick imaginable), and Ippo has done nothing of interest since the beginning.

Obviously I am not going to drop the series over one bad fight, but I do want this to end very quickly...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 00:06   Link #563
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246
It is kind of weird how annoying this fight is. Realistically, Ippo has been in this exact same situation many a time before, but, for whatever reason, it is exceptionally annoying.
Because Woli is not a boxer.

He is a monkey.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 08:50   Link #564
gonzo562

damn if woli can do this crazy boxing stuff. Heh i wonder what crazy shit the world rankers will be able to do. When ippo starts fighting world ranked boxers.

Also for this fight. Meh same old stuff. Ippo gets a but kicked for most of the rounds then makes some type of comeback.

Or will ippo lose? i doubt it
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 10:19   Link #565
Fran~
floating away...

One thing i dislike in ippo is when morikawa put some crazy boxers inside the ring.

i really like Ippo facing boxers like Date... but guys as Brian Hawk or Woli are just BS, because that's not boxing.
Old 2010-01-09, 13:39   Link #566
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
One thing i dislike in ippo is when morikawa put some crazy boxers inside the ring.

i really like Ippo facing boxers like Date... but guys as Brian Hawk or Woli are just BS, because that's not boxing.
Totally Agree with you... Brian Hawk and Woli are like a fantasy fighters in the boxing world.
Old 2010-01-09, 14:57   Link #567
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post

This is most emphasized by Ricardo Martinez, the premier featherweight champion in the Ippoverse. Martinez represents everything a great boxer is, and he does it without the hassle of all the gimmicks (not the powerhouse punches that each individual has, but rather the gimmicky tricks that so many of these fighters seem to posses) of many of these fights.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 18:08   Link #568
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This is most emphasized by Ricardo Martinez, the premier featherweight champion in the Ippoverse. Martinez represents everything a great boxer is, and he does it without the hassle of all the gimmicks (not the powerhouse punches that each individual has, but rather the gimmicky tricks that so many of these fighters seem to posses) of many of these fights.
yup... even Gedo (sp?) fight in the end had no "magic" at all and it was mere tricks.

For a boxer like woli, who is pretty much an improved version of Hawk, this fight is endless and pointless. We all know that ippo will win, he won't lose at this stage.

When i saw Ozuma in one panel, i missed that kind of straight forward fights.

Of course, you can dramatize Sendo's insane power or Miyata's speed, but in the end, that things do exist. But a guy who is jumping in the ropes and the mat like a monkey, is BS, i'm kinda disappointed with this fight, i was expecting something else
Old 2010-01-09, 18:12   Link #569
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I hope Ippo lands that hit on him. This fight has been prolonged long enough imho.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 19:00   Link #570
Nosauz

If this fight continues for more than 3 chapters, you heard it first here... ippo has jumped the shark.

Seriously I love ippo and his constant fake development but come on, this is just frustrating, because woli is not even a boxer. His movements are also unrealistic.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 19:46   Link #571
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I want Ippo to hit him so hard that he quits boxing.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 20:28   Link #572
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Damn Woli is cool, That full swing last chapter was epic.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 22:18   Link #573
Ermes Marana

It's only going to get worse.

Next chapter Woli starts jumping around upside down on his hands while wearing his gloves on his feet and "boxing" with those.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 22:57   Link #574
ahmad

I hope Ippo destroys this kid next chapter. He is really getting annoying :/
ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 00:08   Link #575
Telcalipoca

Send a message via MSN to Telcalipoca
so woli is going on the offensive now

maybe hell do something stupid due to lack of exp. and that will end the match in the 2-3 chapters.2-3 would be this coming to a screeching hault which i dont see it will.
Telcalipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 03:47   Link #576
Miles Teg

Quote:
I want Ippo to hit him so hard that he quits boxing.
So I am not the only one who wants that to happen
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 07:30   Link #577
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Oh men. Ch. 880.
I've been following this manga silently without any complaints because of entertaining fights, but guys this match is too unrealistic, I mean, even with spectacular athleticism, a boxer with 3 fights toying a champion? I mean, this fight really sucks. It's better if Ippo gets a beatdown with fighter with experience than this guy without it. This Woli guy is too annoying not only his attitude but also with his fighting style (I've never seen a boxer use the ropes to fly and dodge a punch). And is Ippo really this weak? I mean the mangaka made Woli too overpowered and Ippo too weak.
I will not read anymore of this if this goes on, especially if Ippo loses.
Worst-case scenario for Ippo came from a monkey boxer with 3 fights? It means FAIL.
Old 2010-01-19, 09:21   Link #578
okudozu

>.< i just hope 1.this match finishes within the next 2~3 chapters, 2.after this match....during world ranking fights and stuff....those boxers wont start to have some sorta non-realistic super saiyan skills =0=.......
*since this happens quite a bit in some manga...where the author takes things too far >.>*
okudozu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 11:06   Link #579
Fran~
floating away...

Well, at least we have now a more orthodox and credible fight, Ippo being outclassed in this terms is ok for me... but... who the hell is writting this???... please call back Morikawa!

Last edited by Fran~; 2010-01-19 at 18:28.
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 16:48   Link #580
Telcalipoca

Send a message via MSN to Telcalipoca
im liking the fight now.this chapter had no jumping,rope stop technique or matrix lean back style to it.Woli is going on the attack while keeping in mind what ippo wanted and preventing it.
Telcalipoca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports