AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-30, 10:33   Link #401
Key Board
Carbon

I like crafting. I just don't like going back and forth to manage my inventories and crafting materials. And do we really need to visit someone the have these runes etched?

Why can't I do it anywhere?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 10:37   Link #402
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Because Runecrafting isn't that useful?

Throughout both the DA1 and its expansion, I only used 2 kinds of runes, namely the Silverite and Slow Rune. The other runes, by comparison, are not worth slotting in and take up inventory space.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 11:20   Link #403
Who

Paralysis, Dweomer runes were also useful. And in the expansion... Momentum and those critical/backstab damage runes helped as well.
But that was only if you were a DW-rogue/warrior, since the number of hits you can do in a minute exceeded what other classes could do, giving more chances for the runes' effects to activate.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 11:33   Link #404
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Will they keep Awakening Runes ? Hope not cuz they are so powerfull(specially for the Rogue) , and i hope they'll remove Awakening imba skills too.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 11:42   Link #405
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Paralysis, Dweomer runes were also useful. And in the expansion... Momentum and those critical/backstab damage runes helped as well.
But that was only if you were a DW-rogue/warrior, since the number of hits you can do in a minute exceeded what other classes could do, giving more chances for the runes' effects to activate.
Paralysis Runes don't give much unless you are a Dual-Wielding Rogue or Warrior, or an Archer with Rapid Aim turned on. For Dual-Wield it rolls the 5% 6 times (both weapons with full 3 slots), and if your DPH is high enough you won't even need the Paralysis because the monster is already dead.

However, if you run a Slow Rune it has a higher chance of triggering the slow effect, allowing you to take less damage as an overall. Ultimately, the aim is to kill all enemies as fast as possible - the most effective way is probably 2H + Haste.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-01-30, 12:09   Link #406
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Paralysis Runes don't give much unless you are a Dual-Wielding Rogue or Warrior, or an Archer with Rapid Aim turned on. For Dual-Wield it rolls the 5% 6 times (both weapons with full 3 slots), and if your DPH is high enough you won't even need the Paralysis because the monster is already dead.

However, if you run a Slow Rune it has a higher chance of triggering the slow effect, allowing you to take less damage as an overall. Ultimately, the aim is to kill all enemies as fast as possible - the most effective way is probably 2H + Haste.
Well, that's why I said a DW-Rogue or Warrior.
Oh, and I think the reason why I said what I said was because I forgot that my version of the game is modded to up the difficulty of Nightmare, where enemies have several times the health, armor and damage. So all the paralysis procs are more valuable than slow in that scenario. For me, at least. And because I have a thing against using mages.
Old 2011-01-30, 12:40   Link #407
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Well, that's why I said a DW-Rogue or Warrior.
Oh, and I think the reason why I said what I said was because I forgot that my version of the game is modded to up the difficulty of Nightmare, where enemies have several times the health, armor and damage. So all the paralysis procs are more valuable than slow in that scenario. For me, at least. And because I have a thing against using mages.
I played the hardest difficulty with a 2H warrior lol. I went for Starfang early (rushing to Denerim and scrolling back and forth on maps to trigger the Meteorite event) to make things easier.

I always carry a bow along to hit mages with so as to interrupt their spellcasting. Other than the paralysis ward, none of their spells do any real damage to my character.

Old 2011-01-30, 13:29   Link #408
Who

Whoops, meant to say mods which increase the difficulty of Nightmare. Because Nightmare by itself wasn't that much of a challenge. :x

Anyways. One month left. ._.
Old 2011-01-31, 08:56   Link #409
killer3000ad

Someone started a thread on the official forums claiming he received an email about a DA2 demo on the 1st of Feb. The thread had since ballooned to 54 pages in 19 hours. Bioware yet to confirm or deny the rumour and they haven't locked the thread either. I am keeping my fingers crossed till tomorrow!

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2011-01-31 at 09:45.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 10:39   Link #410
Irkalla
I asked for this

I'm hoping it's legit and that this is the big surprise for 02.01.2011. A character creator would be sufficient for me, though. If I got to play the prologue or something, I'd just be harder to wait for the release
Old 2011-01-31, 23:31   Link #411
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/5887403/1

Dragon Age 2 DRM details.

Quote:
Steam versions use Steam DRM, no other DRM is added.

Non-Steam versions (digital or retail disc) are as follows:
- No disc check, you do not need the disc in drive to play.
- No limit on the total number of PCs you can install and play the game on.
- There is a limit to the number of unique/different PCs that can start/play the game within a time window [5 PCs in 24hrs].
- Each install requires logging in to your EA account to verify game ownership and if you are a member of these forums, you have an EA account.
- You can play offline but the game will require a login check after a select period of days.

Release Control (does not use securom)
. It does not install anything to the PC.
. Sole purpose is to check with a server to validate whether the game release date has passed or not.
. It completely removes itself after the game release date has passed.
. You will not be able to play until that date has passed.
. Dates & times are set to the retail street date per country.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2011-01-31 at 23:44.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 00:27   Link #412
triskelion
*Fansubber

Wait, if I buy it in the retail store, can I install it to my steam account?
triskelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 00:46   Link #413
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/5887403/1

Quote:
Steam versions use Steam DRM, no other DRM is added.

Non-Steam versions (digital or retail disc) are as follows:
- No disc check, you do not need the disc in drive to play.
- No limit on the total number of PCs you can install and play the game on.
- There is a limit to the number of unique/different PCs that can start/play the game within a time window [5 PCs in 24hrs].
- Each install requires logging in to your EA account to verify game ownership and if you are a member of these forums, you have an EA account.
- You can play offline but the game will require a login check after a select period of days.

Release Control (does not use securom)
. It does not install anything to the PC.
. Sole purpose is to check with a server to validate whether the game release date has passed or not.
. It completely removes itself after the game release date has passed.
. You will not be able to play until that date has passed.
. Dates & times are set to the retail street date per country.
Dragon Age 2 DRM details.
I fail to see how is that going to prevent piracy. With t-search, proper tools and enough time, that check is nothing by freezing or auto-resetting hex values.

Old 2011-02-01, 01:06   Link #414
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I fail to see how is that going to prevent piracy. With t-search, proper tools and enough time, that check is nothing by freezing or auto-resetting hex values.
I believe their reasoning is "this is like Steam". Which is wrong, because Steam's offline mode can be kept on indefinitely.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 01:52   Link #415
killer3000ad

DRM was never meant to stop piracy (it doesn't at all by the way), just inconvenience owners of original games and prevent them from sharing with friends.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2011-02-01 at 09:20.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 09:10   Link #416
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Heh, I agree with the above statement. Anyway, I'm getting mine on the PS3. If the modding scene does start out strong, I might consider taking the plunge into PC territory later.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 10:36   Link #417
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I find that terrible, because then on a day when for example your internet isn't working you cannot even play the game because you can't log in. At least it isn't as bad as the latest Settlers, my friend has it and witht he previous provider and housemates here he would get kicked out of the game for not having a stable internet connection even when playing offline.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 10:57   Link #418
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

WTF , stop that now ! Gth with the DRM ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 13:09   Link #419
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Hence, I always download cracks for my standalone games (not attached to Steam or Internet) even though I buy them legit.

I can't live without my computer, but I can live without the Internet (thanks to my games collection).

Old 2011-02-01, 13:33   Link #420
triskelion
*Fansubber

If I buy the retail version, does that mean I have to make an account with EA for the DRM thing?

Or can I register it to Steam when I'm installing it so it checks with that instead?
triskelion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360