AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-10-23, 16:12   Link #461
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I hope Aoyama is more than just the potential loser of a Sorata-Mashiro-Aoyama love triangle. I wouldn't mind her losing if she actually had some issues or conflict that got resolved. That way, she wouldn't seem like a character that was only included to lose in romance.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 16:15   Link #462
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
It's possible for their graduation project.
Well Misaki and Jin are 3rd years while Sorata and the others are 2nd year students so they won't graduate at the same time.
Old 2012-10-23, 20:17   Link #463
DorkingtonPugsly

Great episode. I thoroughly enjoyed everything from start to finish. I felt bad for Nanami though, seeing how she works so hard but doesn't get her share of happiness (maybe she will later?). I liked how they left the ending open ended and on a sour note.
There really isn't much else to say at the moment (at least for me). Positive all over.
Old 2012-10-23, 20:52   Link #464
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And Aoyama would be the Seiyuu for their lead female? Well, assuming they're aiming for a VN of sort...

It does seem strangely coincidental...
when i read his suggesting, my mind immediately thought of a VN for some reason
and than they would need to play and/or act out some of the scenes from other VN's. cue hilariousness
Old 2012-10-23, 21:36   Link #465
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

So I decided to watch this since some of you were praising the third episode.

It's not that this series is bad in anyway, I mean the production values are rather delicious (looks great, sounds great, music is very well done), and three episodes in the characters have a surprising amount of depth, which is very rare.

My problem is, well, I don't really care about anyone lol. Honestly I think the residents of Sakura Inn are borderline autistic. The over exaggeration just hits the wall for me, I can't relate to the characters born with talent (nor really find them funny or interesting) and Canada (whatever his name is), well talk about first world problems. Young, surrounded by hot chicks, full of ways to get connections, ideas, and inspiration and he's all 'woe is me'. Poor thing.

I don't dislike the series but I'm really empathetic about it right now .

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 22:04   Link #466
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So even doors dont stop Misaki
Old 2012-10-23, 22:15   Link #467
Ridwan

I get this feeling tha the conclusion of JinxMisaki relationship will gonna blow....
Old 2012-10-23, 23:13   Link #468
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Of course she is a woman in love after all !! Her love is so strong that doors are nothing to her!
Old 2012-10-23, 23:34   Link #469
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say this third episode really made the series for me. I'm finally starting to see the depth of these characters and becoming interested in where their stories are going.

A frustrating situation with Jin and Misaki. Both liking each other, but Jin pulling himself away. Feeling inferior to Misaki's talent and seemingly just sleeping with others to deal with the attraction he has to Misaki. He's definitely running away from his problem and is bound to lose her when she gets over him.

Certainly an interesting duo with Sorata and Shiina. Certainly people lacking in two very different ways. One lacking the common sense and the other lacking when it comes to goals. The soccer story just pretty much tells the tale for him. Right now just holding back even from things that he does want to do. Plus I just enjoy the comedy with these two. Great way to end the episode with Shiina literally burying Sorata in...well everything. Kind gesture, but lacking sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Forget stopping her, it didn't even slow her down . That girl really isn't human. Blasting down doors, outrunning someone who did play sports in the past, etc.
Old 2012-10-24, 01:26   Link #470
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Certainly an interesting duo with Sorata and Shiina. Certainly people lacking in two very different ways. One lacking the common sense and the other lacking when it comes to goals.
The best part: their iniquities complement each other. So, it'll come down to whether the two recognize that.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 02:53   Link #471
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

3:

This show is horrible. Characters are ridiculously annoying, and the sheer banality of the plot...

This episode gave me huge Guilty Crown flashbacks about when Shu went emo when he realized Inori wasn't his sex doll. Essentially Sorata did the same this entire episode. I didn't buy that shitty drama in GC, and I ain't buying it now. Seriously, what the heck is up with these chauvinistic leads who can't get over the fact that these girls aren't their private toys?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 04:09   Link #472
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well the episode did make a rather stark point about how Sorata underestimated Shiina's autonomy. Though if you're really wondering why Sorata found the idea of a girl who lacks the ability to dress herself going into a love hotel with a Casanova so worrisome...well jealously is one factor.

Last edited by Haak; 2012-10-24 at 05:03.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 04:17   Link #473
Mubyoshi

This show is awesome. Strangely enough I find myself relating to Sorata.. oh god.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 04:54   Link #474
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
3:

This show is horrible. Characters are ridiculously annoying, and the sheer banality of the plot...

This episode gave me huge Guilty Crown flashbacks about when Shu went emo when he realized Inori wasn't his sex doll. Essentially Sorata did the same this entire episode. I didn't buy that shitty drama in GC, and I ain't buying it now. Seriously, what the heck is up with these chauvinistic leads who can't get over the fact that these girls aren't their private toys?
He might be jealous, but that's hardly the only thing going on. There's also the, you know, douchebag player about to take advantage of the autistic girl I entrust to him (or so it looks to him) angle, which makes the outburst a lot more justifiable. If I were to accuse him of being a chauvanist, it would be on the ground of thinking it's his duty to exact revenge on the other guy for making Misaki cry rather than a jealousy element, which I think is fairly mino)

Overall, I can't see him developing a case of chronic emodouche like Shin did. Even if he is totally maletsun for Mashiro.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 05:43   Link #475
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

And we still have 20+ episodes left. Wohooo!

Hmm. In the first episode, Jin shagged a married carrier woman. In the 2nd episode, he "injected" a nurse (& vice versa ). It's too bad we only get a shadow for this episode. Looking forward for the next BondJin-girl in episode 4 .
Old 2012-10-24, 06:14   Link #476
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And we still have 20+ episodes left. Wohooo!

Hmm. In the first episode, Jin shagged a married carrier woman. In the 2nd episode, he "injected" a nurse (& vice versa ). It's too bad we only get a shadow for this episode. Looking forward for the next BondJin-girl in episode 4 .

I'm observing Jin closely to see people's reaction to an actual playboy character and whether they actually prefer them to the regular Harem protagonist of "see don't touch"

(Ah, I'm not referring to Sorata since this isn't a harem series)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 06:20   Link #477
Ridwan

It's fortunate of him that Jin has someone to settle with once he's tired of adventurism
Old 2012-10-24, 06:26   Link #478
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Speaking of jin there's another translation out and that one has him saying on the phone about Misaki "I'd end up taking advantage of her if I saw how depressed she was" rather than the "I'd fuck her silly"
Old 2012-10-24, 06:30   Link #479
teja208
Critical fanboy

I'm quite satisfed with this episode as it offers a nice contrast to the first two with less comedy and more tension between characters' relationship. Sorata is getting his character development this time around but he still has a long way to go in his quest of self discovery and finding where he truly belong but he's on the right track. Other characters like Shiina, Jin, and Mituski also given more depths.

It seems that some people got caught off guard by the amount of drama as early as episode 3. In a way, the drama wasn’t too surprising for me when you consider the number of volumes being adapted. Similar to Toradora, this is a onetime 2 cour adaptation of up to ten or so books; not your standard 4 to 5 volumes adaptation. In contrast to most manga, a light novel series needs to have its own tension building up to the climax for each volume. I haven't read the LN, but I supposed we’ve just reached the climax for the first volume and I’d expect another one of those tense episode within next 2 or 3 episodes since there are total of 9 to 10 more books ahead.

I hope we will be getting a faithful adaptation this time, but who knows? JC Staff always produce mix results regarding their faithfulness to the source material. The decent ones including Toradora, Index, and HnG 2nd Season, while the bad ones are the likes of Shana, ZnT, and Railgun. Are there any confirmations that we will be getting a Toradora treatment here?

P.S. Sorata should consider himself working in a pet care center or a pet shop. He's shown to be quite compasionate when it comes to homeless animals and is capable of take care of them.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 06:32   Link #480
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

This third episode felt slightly forced but I like the direction this series is taking. While on paper it sounds like a bunch of cliches pressed together, it's a totally different when I'm watching it and it actually feels like it's carefully avoiding all the usual cliches that a premise like this would most likely take. In essence they're giving off a rather rough version (or just the feel) of Toradora and I'd say that's a step towards the right direction.

I'm also very surprised with how Shiina is being handled. . . I'm really liking her character. She's headstrong and inquisitive despite her lack of common sense. It's not something you'd usually see for a character of her archetype.

I'm just really really liking Sakurasou right now.

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life