AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-03-19, 21:29   Link #581
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
No, that's not what i'm trying to say. What I meant is that there was several days untouched between the end of level upper arc and the start of the sister arc in which the "slice of life" eps, Milk arc, and Terestina arc could fit in a coherent way (in a canon way if you want, because apparently Kamachi really wants everything to be canon). But this time there isn't, it's just as simple as that.
The only place where there isn't space is between End of Telestina and beginning of Sisters... but who says it has to be chronological order? They could start off with a random flashback episode to reintroduce the characters.

Also, if they're willing to leave out Mikoto they can do stories in parallel to Sisters, so the filler anime-original but still canon content could be at any time.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 00:22   Link #582
tsunade666

what is there to argue with? there will be slice of life sister arc for sure. Nothing wil stop them for milking railgun series.
Old 2013-03-20, 00:37   Link #583
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
The only place where there isn't space is between End of Telestina and beginning of Sisters... but who says it has to be chronological order?
HHHHHHHHMMMMM ... assuming sister arc ends on the 22nd, there's technically 4 blank days before the start of Index' Fallen angel, but Touma is supposed to be already out and *spoiler contents for index vol 5 chapter 2* should start on Miko's side around those days. So no, they can't do those kind of "fillers" anymore, all they can do right now is continuing with the next railgun arc since it's somehow linked with *spoiler contents for index vol 5 chapter 2* ... but since they already screwed so much with my black haired waifu's sweet intro and fabulously cute character during the first season of Railgun, I guess they'll have to modify it.

Quote:
They could start off with a random flashback episode to reintroduce the characters.
Why would they do that? ... it's not like Railgun's plot is either long or so complex (yet) it needs something like this.

Quote:
Also, if they're willing to leave out Mikoto they can do stories in parallel to Sisters, so the filler anime-original but still canon content could be at any time.
huh, ... for the sake of Aleister, I was talking about the second half not the the first half (assuming they're going for a 2-cour)
Old 2013-03-20, 01:50   Link #584
leukrota

Quote:
huh, ... for the sake of Aleister, I was talking about the second half not the the first half (assuming they're going for a 2-cour)
It would be nice if they used the first Railgun SS. Centered on the 4 girls, it should fit well with the regular anime style... or so I think.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 04:51   Link #585
tsunade666

there are no announcement for 2 cours and if its two cour then it won't be announced as spring season anime but instead as fall season anime. Most likely its 1 cour.
Old 2013-03-20, 05:10   Link #586
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
there are no announcement for 2 cours and if its two cour then it won't be announced as spring season anime but instead as fall season anime. Most likely its 1 cour.
hey, we don't have any confirmation about anything ... and just saying, but Spring season is just as big as Fall.
Old 2013-03-20, 07:01   Link #587
leukrota

Quote:
Given the precedents, I doubt it will be just one cour.

It would make sense for it to be just one if they were avoiding fillers anime original content, but I don't think that's the case.

Besides, as far as I've seen, two cours anime are announced for the season when they start, not for the season when they end, just as any other anime. Of course, I don't speak Japanese so my info is post-translations... details could be lost.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 07:14   Link #588
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
The season at which a series airs means nothing as to the length of the series (see Chihayafuru this season, Sword Art Online last summer as obvious examples in the past year). It's pointless to say it's 1 cour without any information confirming said judgement. We do not know anything regarding the length of the season, though we can make guesses based on the previous season (and even that's caused issues with other series in the past). Let's wait until solicitations come out before jumping to any conclusions.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 07:46   Link #589
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ha-ha-ha! Don't you know? The Raildex fandom are the best at freaking out !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 07:48   Link #590
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ That's nothing to be proud of ...
Old 2013-03-20, 07:50   Link #591
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The season at which a series airs means nothing as to the length of the series (see Chihayafuru this season, Sword Art Online last summer as obvious examples in the past year). It's pointless to say it's 1 cour without any information confirming said judgement. We do not know anything regarding the length of the season, though we can make guesses based on the previous season (and even that's caused issues with other series in the past). Let's wait until solicitations come out before jumping to any conclusions.
I'm just basing this on JC's past track records on what they put on 2 cours for. They usually put their money makers for fall season which is always 2 cours. Look at past dengeki light novel adaptation of JC which fall in fall season. They usually had 2 cours. This season railgun if I'm not mistaken is taking the spot for Hidan no Aria last year which only last 1 cour.

There aren't any announcement yet on let but that's my assumption and deduction based on past track records and past show which airs on that season.
Old 2013-03-20, 08:02   Link #592
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I see no reason to freak, we got a Railgun Sister's Arc. That's the important thing.

If we want to speculate about episodes though I'd guess something like this:

1st episode: Slice of Life to reintroduce us to the characters, ends on a "hook" for the Sister's Arc when Mikoto first meets a Sister. (That way you give Slice of Life fans what they want while letting the Sister's Arc fans know that we are getting to the good stuff.)

Next 9 episodes: Sister's Arc, including ITEM and Touma. Maybe one Slice of Life in there during that period when Mikoto thought it was all over and then discovered it wasn't. A way of letting people think the horror is over before sticking them with the knife again.

Then a couple of anime original Slice of Life episodes.

Then on to the Daihasei arc?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 08:04   Link #593
zaeraal

I am going to repost what I posted before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chan archive
Producer Nakayama Nobuhiro on Railgun Season 2:
When you saw the key visual, I'm sure you realized we were finally doing the Sisters arc and I'm sure you wondered if the audience would really want such a dark story. However, telling this story is unavoidable in Railgun, so we have to do it. The circumstances and situations surrounding Kamijou's side of things would probably be hard to understand for those who have only seen the Railgun anime, so we will be giving some help there, but I do not think there will be any large original aspects to the story like during the end of the first season.

Everyone in the primary staff has lots of work to do, but we had discussed for a long time now what we would do if we had a second season. I am glad they have all been able to adjust their schedules for this.

Rather than smaller details, I would say the biggest highlight of this season is the fact that we are taking on the challenge and adapting the Sisters arc into an anime rather than avoiding it. However, we want more than just a gloomy story. We want to show off the cuteness of the four girls as well, so we hope to be able to strike a balance between those two aspects. There will also be new characters that play important roles in the story and are real highlights of the story, so look forward to them as well.
If you put the above in a equation ->
Faithfull adaptation + SoL scenes + Balanced screentime + New Characters = Side Story by Saten + Shirai + Uiharu running concurrently to Misaka's story.

Keep in mind that Kamijou had most of his stories done in a day or two (or in a few hours).
The same for smaller stories in Railgun (SS and those in PSP games..) Sister arc takes 12 days.
And during the whole arc, Saten, Shirai, Uiharu have nearly 0 appearances, so there is a lot of space for not just one, but several stories.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 08:29   Link #594
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
I'm just basing this on JC's past track records on what they put on 2 cours for. They usually put their money makers for fall season which is always 2 cours. Look at past dengeki light novel adaptation of JC which fall in fall season. They usually had 2 cours. This season railgun if I'm not mistaken is taking the spot for Hidan no Aria last year which only last 1 cour.

There aren't any announcement yet on let but that's my assumption and deduction based on past track records and past show which airs on that season.
Hidan no Aria has an entirely different production committee which includes TBS, the main station network it aired on. TBS shows rarely run 2-cour (especially in their standard block, which Aira aired in). Not to mention it's published by Media Factory (who also held the majority of the rights to it). Not a good comparison to the current situation.

Ignore studios and look at production committees. These are the people who decide what studio to use and have more power than your typical studio. Index/Railgun are part of the one led by Geneon/Warner Home Video. They're the ones who decided to use JC Staff, not the other way around. They're the ones who fund these shows and decide how long it will run (because they buy the timeslots). You point to past track records, yet ignore that this production committee has used 2-cours for each of the past 3 seasons. It doesn't matter that it is airing in Spring rather than Autumn as it helps tie publicity with the movie, shown by the PV being shown in theatres.

Edit: Something to keep in mind and to give credit to the single cour suggestion would be that Director Nagai also has responsibilities with the Anohana movie which starts screening in summer. He may not have the time to devote two full cours worth of attention to Railgun.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2013-03-20 at 08:56.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 08:40   Link #595
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Hidan no Aria has an entirely different production committee which includes TBS, the main station network it aired on. TBS shows rarely run 2-cour (especially in their standard block, which Aira aired in). Not to mention it's published by Media Factory (who also held the majority of the rights to it). Not a good comparison to the current situation.

Ignore studios and look at production committees. These are the people who decide what studio to use and have more power than your typical studio. Index/Railgun are part of the one led by Geneon/Warner Home Video. They're the ones who decided to use JC Staff, not the other way around. They're the ones who fund these shows and decide how long it will run (because they buy the timeslots). You point to past track records, yet ignore that this production committee has used 2-cours for each of the past 3 seasons. It doesn't matter that it is airing in Spring rather than Autumn as it helps tie publicity with the movie, shown by the PV being shown in theatres.
you really are an expert....(really in a good way)
Old 2013-03-20, 21:36   Link #596
whitecloud

well let's just say its two cour...(one can dream right) then where would the series end?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 21:41   Link #597
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In all honesty, I feel that it's going to go down the same road as Season 1. The story arc after this doesn't even feel close to completion yet within 3-4 months/chapters, unless they suddenly kick into overdrive and have 30+ pages.
Old 2013-03-20, 22:01   Link #598
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

^can anyone else say Fillers? Tbh there will either be another anime only arc or they will have to use some things from the Railgun side stories. Unless, however, Kamachi-sensei tells them how the current manga arc ends so they can animate it. Or he writes another side story specifically for the anime. It is his story after all. In the end I just hope they at least do the sisters arc right and not butcher it by making it too short or too long.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 22:47   Link #599
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In all honesty, I feel that it's going to go down the same road as Season 1. The story arc after this doesn't even feel close to completion yet within 3-4 months/chapters, unless they suddenly kick into overdrive and have 30+ pages.
As I already said, it's impossible. 'cause Miko should chronologically meet with you-know-who from Index vol 5 chap 2 for the first time somewhere between the end of the sister arc and Index' fallen Angel's start (in 1 to 4 days). Also LAC arc takes place chronologically before the end of the clique arc ... I think.
Old 2013-03-20, 22:52   Link #600
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
As I already said, it's impossible. 'cause Miko should chronologically meet with you-know-who from Index vol 5 chap 2 for the first time somewhere between the end of the sister arc and Index' fallen Angel's start (in 1 to 4 days). Also LAC arc takes place chronologically before the end of the clique arc ... I think.

All Kamachi needs is one day- He can packed 8 different stories into that one free day by dividing it up to individual PoV.

Tags
action, comedy, despair, drama, school life, sci-fi, sequel