AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-03, 11:49   Link #1
Hakuryu
Klutz

Ōkamiden: Chisaki Taiyou

Ōkamiden: Chīsaki Taiyō​ ( 大神伝~小さき太陽~,? lit. Ōkami Chronicles: Tiny Sun ) is the new Nintendo DS sequel to the wonderful game Okami.

Official Okamiden site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/o-kamiden/

Quote:
It is slated for a Japanese release sometime in 2010. It will star Chibiterasu, a small celestial wolf who bears a resemblance to Amaterasu, protagonist of Ōkami, as well as feature much of the same gameplay as its predecessor, including the Celestial Brush which allows players to freeze the game play and draw shapes or patterns using the touch screen.
Wikipedia description

Official image of a few screen shots and the new characters: Chibiterasu, and Kuninushi (the son of Kushi and Susano)

Original video can be found here.

I have been waiting for something like this! It's not exactly the sequel I was looking for, but I'm sure it'll be another great game. The gameplay seems like it'll be much easier with the DS rather than the Wii which I, for one, had a difficult time with.

Last edited by Hakuryu; 2010-08-01 at 19:57.
Hakuryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 23:10   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I don't think that it'll be able to recreate the wonder of Okami, seeing as it'll be a DS game (with all of the limitations of the DS). Still, I must say I'm glad - I can still find the time to squeeze some DS gaming in here and there, and I actually have a DS! I was afraid that it'd be a PS3 game or something (which I do not own and have no plans to purchase).
Old 2009-09-05, 00:15   Link #3
kujoe
from head to heel

A bit of mixed feelings for me.

Yay for new Okami!
Boo for not being a continuation of the first game on a home console. Oh, the possibilities...

Frankly, I'm not into the 3D capabilities of the DS/i. The stylus/touchscreen control scheme sounds like a good fit, but the unique visual style is a big part of the game. On the other hand, the PSP might be a better choice but without a second analog stick, the controls might suffer.

Moreover, I would like to see the folks of Clover (which left Capcom to become Platinum Games) make a true sequel. Too bad that's never going to happen ever... unless Capcom hires Platinum Games.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 02:56   Link #4
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Hope third time's the charm for Okami series. A big shame how a good new game like this fails whereelse poor regurgitated series still garnered success.
Old 2009-09-05, 03:33   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

At the end of the day, it's a sequel to one of my most played games ever, so i'm very excited about this new. It's about time we had one.

I would have loved to see a sequel on the PS3, though i'll take one on the DS. Just going by that trailer, i can't see it featuring the same level of magic that i loved so much about the first game, so i won't get my hopes up. I'll just enjoy it for what it is.

Son of Susano should be a great laugh, because Susano was always plenty of fun. Hope we get to see him again.
Old 2009-09-06, 02:24   Link #6
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

the interview on the game that I read has painted a fairly positive outlook, I think I'll be going into this with cautious optimism.

recently I have been enjoying my DS games more than home consoles anyways, this could be just what I've been waiting for
Old 2009-09-06, 08:03   Link #7
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Good thing I just got a DS recently (well, 3 months ago). Okami was one of the best games I've ever played in my life (and I've played a lot).
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 18:19   Link #8
Hakuryu
Klutz

Found another short video of the gameplay.

Looks like a lot of similarities are here from the old game: sakura trees ♥, brush gods, techniques, flowers appear behind as you run and such.

Agh, Chibiterasu is so adorable~
Old 2009-09-11, 07:51   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm glad they're keeping in some of the classic brush techniques, and can't wait to see what new ones will appear during the adventure.

Kinda worries me that they're only using pieces of music from the first game's score in the trailers. I hope we get a new score for this game.
Old 2009-09-13, 00:37   Link #10
kujoe
from head to heel

Okami has one of the best game soundtracks in my opinion. As far as RPGs go, I would place this right up there with the soundtrack of Chrono Cross.

That said, I wouldn't mind having a few of the old tracks again, but I would also like a new soundtrack to be laid out for this new game. The OST of the first game would probably be hard to top, but that's their standard right there.

Anyone know if the original composers will be working on this new DS title?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 14:14   Link #11
~ Lawliet ~

Own the game for PS2 and love to death, do want and will buy.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 07:37   Link #12
7h3 Ru551an
Demonic Ice Warrior

i havent played okami yet but i am interested
7h3 Ru551an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 07:46   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7h3 Ru551an View Post
i havent played okami yet but i am interested
If you're interested in this, then i'd recommend giving Okami a go.
Old 2009-09-23, 22:09   Link #14
CHRONICLE_KEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Found another short video of the gameplay.

Looks like a lot of similarities are here from the old game: sakura trees ♥, brush gods, techniques, flowers appear behind as you run and such.

Agh, Chibiterasu is so adorable~
OMG that looks gorgeous and to think it still 25% !!
It's great to know that some of the old music are back and hopefully the new ones are as great as the older ones
CHRONICLE_KEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 22:12   Link #15
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

When was this announced? Bloody want.

Please come stateside...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 08:09   Link #16
7h3 Ru551an
Demonic Ice Warrior

Must have!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-09-24, 13:14   Link #17
Hakuryu
Klutz

The full official trailer is out now. It's pretty similar to the previous video I posted.

Here are some image I found. If someone could translate the sign in the first one, that'd be great.

I want that Chibiterasu doll! D:

I was wondering if they'll have the silly voice noises with the new game. I always found it very interesting how they spoke in Okami. The trailer doesn't have and voice sounds so there may not be any. Shame though, that's yet another thing that sets Okami apart from other games.
Old 2009-09-25, 09:52   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Shame though, that's yet another thing that sets Okami apart from other games.
Okami isn't the only game to use such voice work. I mean there's games like Animal Crossing that uses a similar style, along with the Banjo Kazooie games.
Old 2009-09-25, 10:14   Link #19
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Okami isn't the only game to use such voice work. I mean there's games like Animal Crossing that uses a similar style, along with the Banjo Kazooie games.
I totally forgot about those...(I own both too, you'd think I'd remember that...)

Still, it would be strange to not have any dialog noises for this game. I've grown to like it and the weird head movements when characters talk.
Old 2009-09-26, 12:45   Link #20
7h3 Ru551an
Demonic Ice Warrior

it reminds me so much of legend of zelda wind waker

Tags
okami