AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-01, 09:49   Link #5961
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well, there's this:

Images
Ankou Dance Steps
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 10:45   Link #5962
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
So far everyone still has all their clothes on.

...so far.
Like some of the skirt dynamics in this show this picture seems to be a moment of extremely lucky timing! (...or unlucky I suppose)

Quote:
(Of all the pictures I've seen, I really expected this one to be titled "Girls und Pantsu.")

Also, Yukari x Panzer OTP.
That's the second picture... just wait a few seconds before pressing the shutter!
Old 2013-04-01, 10:56   Link #5963
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Eh, I have a question regarding the communication between each tank.

When one tank want to talk with other tank, can they communicate with tank's commander directly or they need to communicate through radio operator?

I ask this because sometime Miho can hear other tank message and can communicate with other tank by herself but sometime Miho need to inform by Saori what other tank said or she has to give order through Saori.

Both the radio operator and tank commander are tuned into the same radio network.

The tank commander may issue orders directly to other tanks over the radio network, especially if it's a simple, "All tanks advance". However, in cases where more interaction is required such as "Saori, check the status of each tank", the tank commander will let the radio operator handle it while he concentrates on the bigger picture.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 11:35   Link #5964
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Both the radio operator and tank commander are tuned into the same radio network.

The tank commander may issue orders directly to other tanks over the radio network, especially if it's a simple, "All tanks advance". However, in cases where more interaction is required such as "Saori, check the status of each tank", the tank commander will let the radio operator handle it while he concentrates on the bigger picture.
The Radio Operator is the human communication redundancy system. If Miho orders "All tanks advance" Saori can check if the order's been understood, repeat the order if needed, and inform Miho if there are issues. Miho can concentrate on the next part of the plan and on finding targets for her tank unless she hears otherwise from Saori.

Likewise in the receiving tanks the Radio Operator can repeat the order to the Commander of her tank if needed, and confirm back to Saori once the orders been understood without typing up her tank's resources.

Granted I'm not sure of the exact protocol (and I'm sure it differs slightly by Nation) but that's the idea. Making sure that everybody stays coordinated without impacting the performance of the other roles - it's almost as important a weapon as the gun or the treads.

"The only good tank... are massed tanks," or something like that :-)
Old 2013-04-01, 11:42   Link #5965
arkhangelsk

Here's a brief description of how it is supposed to work on the Panzer IV:
http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/t...nications.html

On the other hand, by the end of the war, most nations seem to decide to eliminate the dedicated radio operator and let the commander handle all radio work directly.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 11:49   Link #5966
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Here's a brief description of how it is supposed to work on the Panzer IV:
http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/t...nications.html

On the other hand, by the end of the war, most nations seem to decide to eliminate the dedicated radio operator and let the commander handle all radio work directly.
Partly because they no longer needed a dedicated large radio.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 14:51   Link #5967
Folenfant
Banned

Well finally watched up to the much vaunted 4th episode and although it didn't utterly blow my socks off it was definitely the most complete episode of the show so far. This really is playing out like a textbook sports anime now and almost feels like the type of show built to last dozens of episodes with quirky rivals and the like continuing to challenge the heroines and make them grow in different ways. Some quick observations:

- If anything sets this show out its the setting. City ships at sea with a population that is absolutely obsessed with one sport no matter how unorthodox which just happens to be the one that the main cast is involved in. Actually now that I think of it that latter part is fairly common.
- the show just charges straight forward with its premise and sense of humor and while there's attention to specifics it doesn't put realism ahead of being fun and dramatic where necessary. Reminds me a lot of the style of recent shows like Saki and Phi Brain Kami no Puzzle both of which are entering their third seasons now. Maybe Love Live and Aikatsu come to mind too.
-the characters borrow a lot from recent female character conventions in sports/girls anime. You've got the reluctant leader looking to crawl out from under the shadow of an obviously favored older sister or rival who is a legend, the underachieving sourpuss genius that needs an extra push in order to succeed, the valley girl best friend that provides support for the team, the stat keeping member that's obsesed with and knows just about everything to do with the sport and the popular yet repressed ojou that's looking to rebel against her upbringing and image and embrace her wild side via the sport. If I were to compare them to another show I took a chance on this season they are almost one to one for Honoka, Maki, Kotori, Nico, Umi respectively from Love Love School Idol Project.
- The A team seems to have near 100% accuracy while the other teams seem to have near 0. Its like the A team is Amuro Ray in the Gundam while the others are first time rooks in Balls rooking it up.
- So far the show lacks the strong character drama and deliberate pacing of Chihayafuru to take things to the next level for me but its been reasonably fun since about the third ep.
- The prissy Saint Gloria team and the anglerfish dance were notably quirky in episode 4. A little added flavor.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 15:37   Link #5968
Gravitas Free Zone

Images
http://www.tinami.com/view/553389
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 15:51   Link #5969
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
Well finally watched up to the much vaunted 4th episode and although it didn't utterly blow my socks off it was definitely the most complete episode of the show so far.
Episode 4 isn't really vaunted or anything - it's more that it was the first episode where we found out what the creators wanted to do with the show. The general consensus is that the show gets better with every episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
This really is playing out like a textbook sports anime now and almost feels like the type of show built to last dozens of episodes with quirky rivals and the like continuing to challenge the heroines and make them grow in different ways.
I wish. But stretching out the show too much would be really tough choreography and direction wise.
Old 2013-04-01, 16:03   Link #5970
Sumeragi
Banned

NSFW
Maho's Sloped Armor
Old 2013-04-01, 16:05   Link #5971
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ "Bounce! Bounce! That one, bounced!" -- Yes, I had to go there ..
Old 2013-04-01, 16:13   Link #5972
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Taking boing to the next level...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 16:14   Link #5973
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Miho wants extra armor as well.
Old 2013-04-01, 16:14   Link #5974
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Got... Milk?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-04-01, 16:23   Link #5975
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
No, I think she just wants to penetrate.....
Old 2013-04-01, 16:24   Link #5976
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Got... Milk?

- Tak

Pads.

Old 2013-04-01, 16:36   Link #5977
Gravitas Free Zone

Soviet boob cannons are best.
Images
Old 2013-04-01, 16:43   Link #5978
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Images
Awesome model. Is that one yours?
Old 2013-04-01, 16:48   Link #5979
Tak

Quote:
Images
The British, not to be outdone...

Spoiler for And its POINTY!:

- Tak

Old 2013-04-01, 16:49   Link #5980
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Awesome model. Is that one yours?
Uh... no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The British, not to be outdone...
Spoiler for And its POINTY!:
Inevitable escalation.
Images

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks