AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-21, 16:51   Link #2981
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I just finished the entire show in 3 days, in the middle of my end semester exam of college!! Wtf! I need to control myself.................Anyway, anything's worth a yuri anime with a superb storyline
*sigh* After 150 pages I really don't have anything to say other than what's already been said.
Actually, it's the only yuri anime I've every bought and watched... It's good except for the regular kissing most the time. The next was Sono Hanabira...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 21:45   Link #2982
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I just finished the entire show in 3 days, in the middle of my end semester exam of college!! Wtf! I need to control myself.................Anyway, anything's worth a yuri anime with a superb storyline
*sigh* After 150 pages I really don't have anything to say other than what's already been said.
I'll admit that Simoun was a good series. Although the constant kissing might have put off some people.

With regards to Eri/Erif, I now understand why she was crying after coming out of the Springs. I believe that he realized that he could never go back to carefree days of a Priestess who could do whatever they wanted. And growing up into an adult was a scary experience. Too bad Eri never had a partner to go into the Springs together with so they could both come out with their assigned gender.

Given that the pendent wing was broken on the left side, I wonder if it meant that he could not return to the Springs to to have his gender reassigned as a female? I guess not as once the wing is broken, that means that the gender is permanent and can not be reverse to a female.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 04:33   Link #2983
darthfury78

I recently re-watched the whole series. It is still very good after seeing it for the time in 2007. There hasn't been any other yuri series like Simoun even though the show was never really about yuri to begin with.

Here is a heartwarming image:

Old 2013-02-19, 07:02   Link #2984
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I recently re-watched the whole series. It is still very good after seeing it for the time in 2007. There hasn't been any other yuri series like Simoun even though the show was never really about yuri to begin with.
Probably about growing up.... The two MCs doesn't want to... and it has it's consequences....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 02:57   Link #2985
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Probably about growing up.... The two MCs doesn't want to... and it has it's consequences....
That's true about the consequences of not growing up.

Old 2015-03-27, 04:43   Link #2986
darthfury78

Has anyone watched this series recently?
Old 2015-03-27, 05:06   Link #2987
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Not recently, and can't find decently priced (eg not scalper-priced) good quality copies of it lately.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 19:05   Link #2988
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Not recently, and can't find decently priced (eg not scalper-priced) good quality copies of it lately.
They have plenty cheap reprint collections of the series on Rightstuf.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 19:25   Link #2989
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...I'm in Australia. Different region for DVDs. Shipping will kill me, though. And I usually try to buy local before going online where practicable.

I also have this strange habit that I can't seem to rewatch a series once I've already finished it once. Even if it's been a few years since I last watched it. So I guess lack of drive is another reason I haven't gone out to buy copies of Simoun.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 11:24   Link #2990
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
I wonder if Studio Deen is producing amine whose animation style is similar to Simoun?
Not really. The animation style is due to the animation director, Nishida Asako. Look for shows she does the character design or animation direction for. Not all exactly like this, however: she also did Love Live and Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 12:32   Link #2991
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
...I'm in Australia. Different region for DVDs. Shipping will kill me, though. And I usually try to buy local before going online where practicable.

I also have this strange habit that I can't seem to rewatch a series once I've already finished it once. Even if it's been a few years since I last watched it. So I guess lack of drive is another reason I haven't gone out to buy copies of Simoun.
I feel the same way. Once I have watched the series, I can't get myself to watch it again unless it had a very good ended and storyline. One of the few series that I enjoy watching again and again is the original Macross series of 1982 as well as the English dub Megazone 23, Part II which was done by Harmony Gold with the extra footage that was the alternate ending from Part I that was part of the original Robotech Movie..

In addition, The Bubblegum Crisis(OVA, 1987) is another series that might get your attention....
Old 2015-11-29, 03:56   Link #2992
darthfury78

Do you guys feel that based on the new characters that appeared in the Simoun PS2 game where to have appeared in the 2nd season if the series had continued?

http://www.marv.jp/special/game/ps2/...character.html

It might have provided an interesting plot development.
Old 2018-05-02, 06:55   Link #2993
darthfury78

Quote:
Do you guys feel that based on the new characters that appeared in the Simoun PS2 game where to have appeared in the 2nd season if the series had continued?

http://www.marv.jp/special/game/ps2/...character.html

It might have provided an interesting plot development.
I suspect that had Simoun had gotten a 2nd season, the characters from the PS2 game might have appeared as it seemed that the series was going to become a plot based storyline. A shame that the creators never had the chance to expand on their initial plans for the series as a whole.
Old 2018-05-02, 09:29   Link #2994
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Huh, interesting. I didn't know there was expanded material from this series. Simoun is easily one of my favorite series from the 2000's, so I would have been happy to see more of it.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 15:57   Link #2995
RichardFromMarple

I really liked this when watched it 18 months ago after buying all the DVDs at an auction.

It had some interesting concepts, especially around gender issues & the "fairy punk" design to the technology, along with using a lot of performers more used to live action roles.

One of the few downsides i found was having too many regular characters, some seemed there just to make up the necessary amount to pilots for the Simouns.

If the aspects of least interesting ones had been merged into less but more rounded characters it would have been a bit better.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 00:10   Link #2996
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFromMarple View Post
I really liked this when watched it 18 months ago after buying all the DVDs at an auction.

It had some interesting concepts, especially around gender issues & the "fairy punk" design to the technology, along with using a lot of performers more used to live action roles.

One of the few downsides i found was having too many regular characters, some seemed there just to make up the necessary amount to pilots for the Simouns.

If the aspects of least interesting ones had been merged into less but more rounded characters it would have been a bit better.
I do agree that there were too many characters. Some have said that there was too much character development among the protagonists and not enough on the plot development. While it's not a big deal to most, I never liked the idea that everyone was born female and would have to go through a gender reassignment to be permanently a man or woman.

What was also a missed opportunity was never resolving the fate of Amuria. Where did she ended up in the timestream. It would had been nice if the producers had put to rest the speculation on her whereabouts..

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri