AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-13, 09:27   Link #41
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I really hope Kawamori brings in Kyoda to direct, Yoshida as character design/animation director, Nobumoto to write and Kanno to compose. E7 + MacPlus staff would really be a Macross dream team.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 09:52   Link #42
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Personally I think this will be throw back to the beginnings of Macross in style, with singing and music having more attetion paid to it *coughahemmacross0*. They really went looking for a idol that could sing apparently. It's Mari Ijima and Nobutoshi Hirashi that really stood out vocally everyone else was pretty meh,
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 10:53   Link #43
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I just hope the three m's that I loved in the original Macross series's are back (Music, Mechas, and most especially Melodrama). So I'll be waiting with great anticipation for the trailer; must get a first look!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 07:16   Link #44
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Update:

The voice of the heroine in the upcoming series has been announced: Megumi Nakajima. She's a newcoming picked from the audition.

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/audition/v3/result.html

Unconfrmed: Also, word from 2ch is that the series is called Macross Frontier. It's set after Macross 7, and Yoko Kanno is composing the music.
Old 2007-08-18, 07:30   Link #45
wao
OK.

Quote:
Yoko Kanno is composing the music.

I shall still wait for a confirmation (yeah like how everyone was saying Yoshida was doing the character designs for 00) but if this does come true, am I excited to see what'll come out of it or what?! I don't have that much love for the Macross series, I admit, but it'd be fun to see big projects like this and look at 'em from the side...
Old 2007-08-18, 07:33   Link #46
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Yeah it's unconfirmed because the Macross 25 Live event is still going on, but since this thread is so quiet, I think we need spice things up.

The next 2ch post also states that Yoshino of Mai HiME and Code Geass "fame" is is the lead writer. I hope this isn't the case but if it's really a "school Macross" then.... uh oh. ^^;
Old 2007-08-18, 10:34   Link #47
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Okay, here's what Moon Phase has to say:

Macross F (Frontier) - tentative title

Original Work/Story Composition/Chief Director/Mechanical Designer: Shoji Kawamori (Macross, Aquarion, Arjuna)
Director: Yasuhito Kikuchi (Aquarion)
Series Composition: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Mai HiME, Code Geass)
Character Design: Mikan Ehime* (Gravion Zwei, Prism Ark) /Yuuichi Takahashi (Aquarion episode animation direction)
Animation Production: Satelight

* It appears that Mikan Ehime changed her name recently and is now credited as 江端里沙

Yoko Kanno is most likely composing along with another composer (like in Aquarion). It is a TV series, set after Macross 7, and features two Macrosses - Macross Frontier and Macross Galaxy. Attendees of the Live Concert describe the trailer as a Macross 7 feel with visuals of Aquarion and Macross Zero.

The lead chosen out of 5000 hopefuls in the audition is Megumi Nakajima. She will play the role of 18 year old Lanka Lee.

http://www.nakajimamegumi.com
Old 2007-08-18, 11:15   Link #48
7Th
Mixtape

Shitty series composer and boring character designers.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 12:01   Link #49
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.animate.tv/nf/detail.php?id=0000001903

Set in 2070 AD. Yoko Kanno confirmed. I guess this is another "buy the soundtrack, skip the show" series. Oh well!
Old 2007-08-18, 14:12   Link #50
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Okay, here's what Moon Phase has to say:

Macross F (Frontier) - tentative title

Original Work/Story Composition/Chief Director/Mechanical Designer: Shoji Kawamori (Macross, Aquarion, Arjuna)
Character Design: Mikan Ehime* (Gravion Zwei, Prism Ark) /Yuuichi Takahashi (Aquarion episode animation direction)
Animation Production: Satelight

* It appears that Mikan Ehime changed her name recently and is now credited as 江端里沙

Yoko Kanno is most likely composing along with another composer (like in Aquarion). It is a TV series, set after Macross 7, and features two Macrosses - Macross Frontier and Macross Galaxy. Attendees of the Live Concert describe the trailer as a Macross 7 feel with visuals of Aquarion and Macross Zero.

The lead chosen out of 5000 hopefuls in the audition is Megumi Nakajima. She will play the role of 18 year old Lanka Lee.

http://www.nakajimamegumi.com
Director of Aquarion? And worst of all Hiroyuki Yoshino? Wow screw this...
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 14:35   Link #51
ssfsx17

Well, if nothing else, at least the dogfights will be the most brilliant things ever seen. Good Yoko Kanno soundtrack isn't necessarily guaranteed if Kawamori has another one of those funny ideas...
ssfsx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 14:37   Link #52
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssfsx17 View Post
Well, if nothing else, at least the dogfights will be the most brilliant things ever seen.
O rly! Like how Kissdum has the most brilliant dogfights ever seen right?! ^_^
Old 2007-08-18, 14:56   Link #53
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
O rly! Like how Kissdum has the most brilliant dogfights ever seen right?! ^_^
Kawamori locks his office after deciding the project won't work.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 20:09   Link #54
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Wait, so who's the one directing and writing then?
Old 2007-08-19, 08:37   Link #55
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Wait, so who's the one directing and writing then?
The director is directing and the Series Composer is writing? Those are pretty standard credits. Usually a big name guy like Kawamori (or Takahashi, Tomino, etc) take on the overseer roles in their projects while letting other people do the actual directing and writing.

Here are some screens from the event. As expected it's Moegarbagecross Frontier.

Click to enlarge
Old 2007-08-19, 08:49   Link #56
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

2070 eh, well I guess that rules out seeing SDF Macross in this series. My childhood memories of the franchises I loved are being destroyed by the sequels/remakes. If this is set in a school that's it I give up on anime. Actually I take it back, If they screw up You're under Arrest as well then I give up
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 09:41   Link #57
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
The director is directing and the Series Composer is writing? Those are pretty standard credits. Usually a big name guy like Kawamori (or Takahashi, Tomino, etc) take on the overseer roles in their projects while letting other people do the actual directing and writing.
"Usually"? I guess having both a chief director and a director happens occasionally, but its the first time I've seen Kawamori be a "chief director" while someone else is "director" (and AFAIK Takahashi and Tomino, when they are chief director for a show, would never actually have a "director" under them (for Tomino, most of the time there aren't any "series composers" either)... Maybe some "unit directors", but that's a whole different matter).

As far as having both "Story Composition" and "Series Composition" in the same show, nope, never seen that before either. Though Kawamori's probably main man in charge of plot while the Yoshino's manager of the episode scripts.
Old 2007-08-19, 09:57   Link #58
DieH@rd

I want trailer. Like, NOW! :-)
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 09:57   Link #59
wao
OK.

Well, I clearly remember in Iroha and FLAG, Ryousuke Takahashi was some Higher Level of Director and then had another director under him (in Iroha it was Series Director or sth?). And someone else doing the story composition; but if Takahashi came up with the original concept then he could have been doing part of that himself possibly...

I don't think there's a hard and fast rule as to who can do what nowadays anyway, what with all this original anime projects and so on. I also think duckroll might have meant to say the same thing fro both Story and Series Compositon... maybe? (I haven't even seen anything else aside from that pic he posted) Or in other words, シリーズ構成.

I guess it's come to the time where Kawamori has to let other people work below him as directors... character designs sure look boring though. Oh gee, another keep-for-the-soundtrack show?
Old 2007-08-19, 10:05   Link #60
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Well, I clearly remember in Iroha and FLAG, Ryousuke Takahashi was some Higher Level of Director and then had another director under him (in Iroha it was Series Director or sth?). And someone else doing the story composition; but if Takahashi came up with the original concept then he could have been doing part of that himself possibly...
You're right about FLAG... Though for Iroha, Takahashi got the 総監督 moniker (which is translated as Chief Director in this thread) while Yoshimitsu Ohashi got チーフディレクター (Chief Director).... J-E translations are a headache for sure.

Quote:
I don't think there's a hard and fast rule as to who can do what nowadays anyway, what with all this original anime projects and so on. I also think duckroll might have meant to say the same thing fro both Story and Series Compositon... maybe? (I haven't even seen anything else aside from that pic he posted) Or in other words, シリーズ構成.
Nope, its ストーリー構成 for Kawamori. So duckroll's right about that.

Quote:
I guess it's come to the time where Kawamori has to let other people work below him as directors... character designs sure look boring though. Oh gee, another keep-for-the-soundtrack show?
Yeah I guess the point I was trying to bring up is that perhaps Kawamori might be able to stir this in a positive light with his credits in directing and writing... But judging from the screencaps... Hmm.

Last edited by brightman; 2007-08-19 at 10:16.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance