Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-18, 16:27   Link #801
NutShell

^this will help u recover
Images
NSFW
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 19:59   Link #802
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Images
KNSFW
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-11-22, 00:31   Link #803
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

According to the radio, the blu-ray won't have uncensored but the steam will be lessen for the bath scene....lol
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 10:53   Link #804
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
According to the radio, the blu-ray won't have uncensored but the steam will be lessen for the bath scene....lol
And this is coming from an eroge adaptation; that's rich. What could possibly be the reason behind this? It's not like there aren't a bunch of less-censored shows already out on Blu-Ray.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 11:46   Link #805
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
And this is coming from an eroge adaptation; that's rich. What could possibly be the reason behind this? It's not like there aren't a bunch of less-censored shows already out on Blu-Ray.
Creators just don't want to?

Reminds me of Nazo no Kanojo x where the censorship was kept in the BDs
Old 2013-11-22, 19:58   Link #806
Frontier

I really enjoyed episode 7 .

Kazusa took issue with the idol outfits, just as I'd hoped she would .

The outfits may have been skimpy and embarrassing to wear, but that didn't stop Setsuna and Kazusa from looking absolutely stunning in them .

We finally get to see the big school festival performance in full, and I thought it was alright as a whole. I don't think it was as dynamic or fluid as some of the concert scenes from Satelights other shows, but it certainly wasn't bad. I don't think it was as good as Setsuna's "White Album" performance at the end of episode 1. I also could've done without shifting focus in the middle of the songs, but it wasn't that bad. It was great to hear Setsunas, or should I say Madoka Yonezawas, rendition of "White Album" and "Sound of Destiny." It was also nice to see Haruki finally pull off the solo and Kazusa prove just how awesome she is .

Setsuna truly is a natural at being an idol. She was able to completely entrance the audience with her performance, and I'd say she handled the introductions just as well as a real idol would. With her skills, I'd say she has a good shot at actually making it as one after high school, and this performance could really open some doors for her. Though I could see her refusing any offers to be an idol professionally if it took her away from Haruki.

The omitting of the "Todokanai Koi" performance was obviously deliberate, and we'll likely get to see it in full near the end, when the romantic drama is at its peak and the songs lyrics become especially poignant.

After this episode, I have to say I'm really liking Setsuna. I both respect and appreciate her forwardness and honesty with her feelings, which is a definite edge over Kazusa. She is a little clingy, but I can't really hold that against her, especially with how hopelessly in love with Haruki she appears.

That's not to say I still don't really like Kazusa either, and I find her reasons for holding back her feelings to be perfectly understandable. She's never been in love with anyone before, and because of that she's both unsure of her feelings and how she should act about them. She's really just doesn't seem to be good with affection in general, and that may stem from the lack of presence her mother has had in raising her. Though with how things seem to be progressing between Haruki and Setsuna, I'm very interested to see how she'll react and ultimately how she'll come to view Setsuna. They're love rivals for sure, but will Setsuna end up her best friend, or greatest enemy?

I found the last scene between Haruki and Setsuna to be cute, romantic, and foreboding. I especially liked Setsuna's roundabout confession and the kiss. The fact that Haruki didn't dodge it means he must have some real feelings for Setsuna beyond just friendship. She gave him ample opportunity to reject her if he wanted to, but he didn't take it. His speech with Kazusa did hint that he puts Setsuna, on a even higher pedestal than he does Kazusa. Though there's always the chance he's just accepting her feelings to keep his words to never leave her, when he feels far more for Kazusa, but in that case then he's doing both girls a monumental disservice.

Going forward from the kiss, I guess things will become official between Haruki and Setsuna? I hope we get some decent time spent focusing on the two as a couple before the drama really hits, even if it'll just hurt Kazusa .

Last edited by Frontier; 2013-12-29 at 15:07.
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 12:03   Link #807
Key Board
Carbon

Episode 8

Hmm.. I'll just say that from a VN player standpoint, this episodes feels very deceptive to me

but you can tell it's intentional

what they choose to show and they choose to not show, clearly has an intent behind them
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 13:29   Link #808
Miraluka
Banned

Without context anyone would think that is going for the 3some route
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 14:01   Link #809
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

so they come with not showing that scene.... I guess I can expect all of it to come in one episode before the last....
well Kazusa seems more cheerful towards the other people too....
glad that the animation back to normal again
and... is it a new song for Setsuna? White Love....
this time they cut the opening
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 14:57   Link #810
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Talk about brevity. I can't help but feel a brewing intensity underneath it all, but it's a real treat to see Kazusa being much more open. Setsuna singing White Love came out of nowhere and gave me a huge grin. She really has a preference for the oldies (although for the love of me, I can't remember what series is it from )

[Edit] Nevermind, it's a song by SPEED. Wow, all the nostalgia.

Last edited by Circlebutton; 2013-11-23 at 15:10.
Circlebutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 15:04   Link #811
Mentar
Banned

My primary thought after watching the episode: The higher they fly...

I like how they managed to still let these days of happiness carry a somber tone. Setsuna genuinely happy and excited to have grown closer to _both_, Kazusa trying to be a good sport and poking Haruki several times that he should adjust his behavior and concentrate on Setsuna instead, and Haruki being... Haruki.

Waiting for the hammer to drop feels weird... I wish I had all remaining episodes of the IC and know for a fact that I would watch them in one go. Without bathroom break.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 15:37   Link #812
MCAL

White Album 2 is a weird show now. I can honestly say I didn't see this going the way it did. Makes me very nervous something bad is about to happen. And now I am incredibly curious about what "that" scene is.

And that Hot Tub scene. WA 2 shows it is an eroge after all.

EDIT: Found out about "that" scene. Very interesting decision.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-11-23 at 15:58.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 16:15   Link #813
bones

Honestly, why did he even accept Setsuna's confession? His feelings are so blatantly obvious even his friends noticed. Even Setsuna couldn't possibly remain oblivious to the fact that Kazusa and Haruaki argue like a old married couple.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 16:21   Link #814
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Without context anyone would think that is going for the 3some route
I'm sure the original eroge's developers would do such a thing if they thought it would make them more money. "3some routes" are common when it comes to eroge fandisks and the like. WA2 (Closing Chapter) was the highest rated eroge of its year, so something like that likely would sell pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I like how they managed to still let these days of happiness carry a somber tone. Setsuna genuinely happy and excited to have grown closer to _both_, Kazusa trying to be a good sport and poking Haruki several times that he should adjust his behavior and concentrate on Setsuna instead, and Haruki being... Haruki.

Waiting for the hammer to drop feels weird... I wish I had all remaining episodes of the IC and know for a fact that I would watch them in one go. Without bathroom break.
This obsession of Setsuna's for "the three of us to stay together" is getting more and more childish by the episode. We get it, Maruto Fumiaki-san. Setsuna has lived a sheltered life for too long and never learned how to make new friends or develop an independent sense of self after middle school. No, it doesn't make her look any more endearing or pitiable--her parents clearly sheltered her too much in this regard.

I expected this episode to be the tipping point for the avalanche to come, but right now, they're just enjoying the last of their carefree days in blissful ignorance. I also expected Kazusa to make her move too in this episode, but too bad.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 16:32   Link #815
Sakuratsuki

I was a bit afraid this would happen. Why did he even accept setsuna's confession? When it is clear he loves Toma. This is the thing I hate the most. They mess up a main character in only 1 episode. Just like white album 1. Tōya Fuji and Haruki Kitahara have one thing in commen. That is they do the weirdest things that you wouldn't expect and are very indecisive even though they have a girlfriend.

This is really cheap drama/romance development. I'm a bit disappointed. Are they repeating white album 1 all again?

Well, let's see what happens next week.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 16:57   Link #816
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
EDIT: Found out about "that" scene. Very interesting decision.
Arggh. And now I'm curious (((
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 17:48   Link #817
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Be mindful of VN hints and spoilers, gents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
I was a bit afraid this would happen. Why did he even accept setsuna's confession? When it is clear he loves Toma. This is the thing I hate the most. They mess up a main character in only 1 episode. Just like white album 1. Tōya Fuji and Haruki Kitahara have one thing in commen. That is they do the weirdest things that you wouldn't expect and are very indecisive even though they have a girlfriend.

This is really cheap drama/romance development. I'm a bit disappointed. Are they repeating white album 1 all again?
I think putting Haruki in the same boat as Touya is a little harsh He cares very much for the bond with the two girls but was practically put on the spot by Setsuna. Keeping in mind the promise he made to her and being unwilling to risk crumbling it, and that the feelings he reserved for Kazusa haven't been reciprocated, he made a choice right then and there. Likely out of a combination of kindness, impatience and wavering emotions, somewhere along the way his rational thoughts went out the window.

By episode 7 we're already seeing the consequence of the cracks in their personalities.
Old 2013-11-23, 18:01   Link #818
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

And that's pretty much it. I'd say things are quite clear right now for me, and no one here (maybe aside from Kazusa) is going to escape from a tiny bit of blame in how all this turned out.

First, Haruki. It seems like he's just completely oblivious to Kazusa's feelings, and this is the hardest part to accept. Sure, she tells him off a bunch of times, but her attitudes so far have been all in the opposite direction, showing him that she does, indeed, care for him. Apparently, though, since he's just completely unable to realize that maybe Kazusa just acts the way she does BECAUSE she likes him, he's given up on trying anything and has gradually started opening up to Setsuna. The little moment where he refers to Setsuna as a 'woman', in front of Kazusa, felt like a pretty clear indicator of that.

Setsuna... is the most interesting character BY FAR. I thought it was a nice touch having her apologize to Touma, because she's definitely aware that she acted out of 'desperation'. If she didn't, she'd lose Haruki to Kazusa in a very short time. But going from her actions in this episode, I think there's even more to it. She obviously cherishes both of them and is romantically interested in Haruki, but I think the "extra" reason she can't let him go is that she's afraid of being left out once again. If they start dating, then maybe their friendship would crumble and she'd end up alone. To avoid that, she took the iniative, and she's obviously aware that, at this point in time, Haruki probably wouldn't reject her, since he apparently assumes Kazusa doesn't want anything with him.

If things do end up turning out to be that way, I don't blame her, even though it's obviously something very selfish to do. She's basically aware that she might ruin the happiness of both of her friends to preserve her own, and is willing to take that risk. Of course, I don't think it's awful, either, BECAUSE it's Setsuna we're talking about. Given what we know about her, I imagine it must be really hard for her to even consider an option where 'after Haruki and Kazusa happens, they'll still care about me and be around me'. She's really interesting, and going by her reactions here, things might go south very fast because of this selfish side of hers. She did seem slightly bothered by some of Haruki's reactions, and since the guy himself is still acting around them as if nothing had changed, it's understandable for her to feel insecure. On the other hand, she's the pivot of this current situation, because she wants to keep both Haruki as a boyfriend and Kazusa as a friend, which is obviously the hardest thing to accomplish here.

As for Kazusa, I can't help but like her, too. She's acted in her own weird tsundere-ish way throughout the series, which might have contributed towards Haruki's behaviour, but honestly, from the three of them she's definitely the one that seems to be trying the hardest to just make things work out. Now she's trapped into playing this good sports game, and doing a good job at it, but it's a shame that Haruki himself doesn't seem too willing to acknowledge even that. We'll see what happens, though, because there's also the chance that she might be the one who breaks down after trying to 'play nice', so to speak, for too long.

Anyway... I'm really enjoying this. Haruki gets on my nerves from time to time, but that's just how it is. No one's perfect, nothing's really black or white, and everyone has their little flaws here and there. Good recipe for a drama anime. Currently, I'm rooting for Setsuna, because that selfishness of hers is exactly what makes her standout. She's definitely the most interesting character, and though flawed, everything seems to be fit just nicely into her character and her past life experiences.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2013-11-23 at 18:51.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 18:44   Link #819
Mentar
Banned

Well, episode 8 is out, so I don't think there's a need for spoiler tags when discussing it...

For me, the most revealing scene of the episode was when Kazusa refused making a commitment for yearly christmas meetings, pointing out that she might have different plans should she find a boyfriend. Haruki shrieks up shocked, since this thought is obviously very unpleasant for him, and he didn't think about it. And Setsuna registered this reaction very closely and unhappily.

Haruki seems to be the greedy type after all, and he's seemingly taking Kazusa for granted. He clearly shares Setsuna's dream in that he likes to be close to BOTH girls. However, with his (IMHO thoughtless and inadvertent) one-sided rejection towards Kazusa last episode (the hana/yatsu issue), he closed the romantic window for Kazusa - at least, this is how she interpreted it, with good reason.

Kazusa isn't the person for threesomes. In her point of view, Haruki should commit and stop trying to get close to her. That's why she scolds him repeatedly, and why she refused him "close friend" and first-name status. On the other hand, I feel that she genuinely likes Setsuna, and even though she refuses to be the third wheel on the Setsuna/Haruki tandem, she tries her best to take the outcome in good grace, and to be a good friend to Setsuna.

So, this triangle is already asymmetrical, and with the current setup, Kazusa is pushing Haruki away from her, and into Setsuna's arms. However, obviously that won't be easy...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 19:09   Link #820
vieri32
Banned

Just think if Setsuna really love Haruki, she should never have spoken that Touma only it were a guy she would stay with him. I would never do this with my girlfriend, if so would be putting it as a second option.
What I mean is that Setsuna so chooses Haruki because Touma is a girl, that to me is not love, if I were the Haruki would not take any of the two and look for someone who really loves you, and not a person who likes and other leaves as a second option as Touma and Setsuna, Love is something you should not be doing things to hurt others.
The way the two are acting in the room was the best proof that no like Haruki attitude hugs and affection from Touma and Setsuna in this scene and leaving Touma into the bath along with Haruki shows that Setsuna loves Touma and not Haruki, another Kaurake example of where both left and left Haruki studying, my conclusion is that neither really loves Haruki always let down, never and always praise him abuse before alone than in bad company.
vieri32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical