AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 30.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 20.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-27, 11:26   Link #161
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Cradle got some nice turbolaser batteries. However, it seems that they are firing in random directions rather than having a real purpose.
They're firing at the mages, which are, well, all around them.

Quote:
With the wonderful arguments that Caro is using, I'm shocked it got to the point Quattro had to use mind control! Lutecia's after her sodding mother (among the top five most important people to most) and you try and feed her sh*t about not hurting people that aren't worth dick in her life? Then some empty promises of help if only they'd basically surrender? Help me...

Seven Arcs should have reviewed the old episodes. Yes, Nanoha likes to talk, but she also likes to win. She realizes winning is the fastest way to gain a dominant position from which negotiations can take place. These kids don't get it ... at all.
Actually, Caro gave me horrible Nanoha vibes in this episodes. Nanoha did the same with both Fate and Vita.

Quote:
Everyone thinks Quattro is a b*tch, and I agree she should be first of the Numbers to be annihilated. Looking at it from another POV, however, her personal beliefs notwithstanding she's doing an effective job as political officer for her commander. She made sure that any troops that waver at this most critical of moments stay in line. I may hate her guts, but good job there, Quattro!
She's a bad guy, and she's damn good at it too.
Old 2007-08-27, 11:39   Link #162
arkhangelsk

I think we are supposed to use spoiler tags a bit longer...

Spoiler for Cradle Fire Control:
Quote:
Actually, Caro gave me horrible Nanoha vibes in this episodes. Nanoha did the same with both Fate and Vita.
That's the problem. The setup is similar, but not identical. In not grasping the delicate difference, 7Arcs botched the job. Just to make one example, Nanoha realizes by late Nanoha's, and certainly by Nanoha A's, that she has to win to have a serious chance of getting an audience.

Spoiler for Quattro:
Old 2007-08-27, 11:48   Link #163
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I think Nanoha initially tried befriending Fate the usual mahou-shoujo way, refraining from violence and using love, concern and a maiden's innocence to reach to her. Not with beamspams and the "I win!" button.

Ever since her final showdown with Fate however, she appears to be firmly convinced of the latter method's effectiveness. Vita is the first victim after Fate to be Nanoha's guinea pig for this new and improved concept.

Coming back to topic, Carol hasn't truly mastered the Nanoha-school of befriending. She doesn't really attacks much, and is, on the whole, mainly defensive.

The Way of Nanoha, however, demands that you beat the crap out of the target while saying, "Please stop this and let's talk!"

Quote:
She's a bad guy, and she's damn good at it too.
She is, I think, also the most interesting character so far besides Scaglietti himself.

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2007-08-27 at 13:14.
Old 2007-08-27, 18:28   Link #164
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Useless thought, but I realized that Quattro took off part of her gloves in the preview... Makes me wonder if they even feel like wearing normal clothes. They can't go shopping wearing the Numbers suit, can they. Or do they ask Due...

Ah Scaglietti, how nice of him. He doesn't kill needlessly, he simply converts them to research material. I assume that's how he collected so many people (whom he describes as worthless and useless).
Old 2007-08-27, 21:28   Link #165
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
it should've been dealt with quickly and effectively. Did Caro do so? I'd say no for most parts.
Caro learnt her military tactics from Hayate...
Old 2007-08-27, 21:42   Link #166
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Caro learnt nothing, all I remember Fate teaching them is evasion skills.
Old 2007-08-27, 23:08   Link #167
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Caro learnt nothing, all I remember Fate teaching them is evasion skills.
Hayate's not directly involved with rookie training, and despite Fate being officially Lightning's supervisor, her investigation job doesn't allow her much time to really teach them many things.

So, technically, Nanoha's the one who had the most ~teaching going on for the Forwards.

Now I see why Nanoha thinks she might not be a good mother. She can't even teach her most simple lesson of 'shoot VERY VERY HARD first, ask dumb questions later or while shooting' properly. I mean, even after MONTHS and MONTHS of DAILY, grueling training...

Teana's not even trying to ask questions, and her shots seem lethally physical for most parts, so I suppose she's the best out of the lot in terms of being a true, blue military officer in her situation.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-27, 23:25   Link #168
Mirificus

Quote:
That's such a cruel remark...

Quote:
Now I see why Nanoha thinks she might not be a good mother. She can't even teach her most simple lesson of 'shoot VERY VERY HARD first, ask dumb questions later or while shooting' properly. I mean, even after MONTHS and MONTHS of DAILY, grueling training...
Nanoha seems to still have the same difficulty she's always had conveying messages to people without hurting them first.

Quote:
Teana's not even trying to ask questions, and her shots seem lethally physical for most parts, so I suppose she's the best out of the lot in terms of being a true, blue military officer in her situation.
She's also the only one who acted appropriately after Lutecia shot Caro and Erio into a wall. Right after that, Subaru left herself completely open when she asked Lutecia to put down the relic case even though Lutecia had already clearly demonstrated that she was an imminent threat.
Old 2007-08-28, 00:00   Link #169
hound297

reply fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Yeah. Fate's under AMF conditions.
erm.. since she is fighting under AMF condition, why cant she use the scytle? It is physical attack right?
Old 2007-08-28, 00:02   Link #170
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound297 View Post
erm.. since she is fighting under AMF condition, why cant she use the scytle? It is physical attack right?
The scythe is a magically formed blade. In any case, the Zanber probably has more power overall.
Old 2007-08-28, 00:06   Link #171
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's not like AMF dispels magic altogether with 100% effectiveness. It's not that perfect. If it was, screw Numbers and Cradle, Drones are more than enough to conquer Mid-childa.

It just means that magic fusion and such gets broken easier inside AMF, just like how increase in temperature allows evaporation to the air faster, and thus, a need for a more concentrated output of magic is vital.

I think the analogy to thinner air thing works well with AMF. It doesn't necessarily make them weaker per-say, but it consumes a lot more out of them than normal due to need to put in extra umph! than normal, and thus overall makes them less effective as a whole. Fate clearly stresses than prolonging the battle under AMF was bad, probably since the more tired she gets, the harder it is to maintain the potent magical fusion that won't get dispelled by AMF.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-28, 00:29   Link #172
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
That's such a cruel remark...
Indeed. And you seem to be the first one to get it. Maybe I should have added a smiley?

Quote:
[Teana]'s also the only one who acted appropriately after Lutecia shot Caro and Erio into a wall.
Well, Teana did say she was different from the others. But it might be that she's the only one to use her brain.
Old 2007-08-28, 00:32   Link #173
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Well, Teana did say she was different from the others. But it might be that she's the only one to use her brain.
Hehhhh~

But even she has her periods of stupidity as well...
Old 2007-08-28, 00:34   Link #174
Fabien

Quote:
[Teana] But even she has her periods of stupidity as well... (>.0)
Yep, but she did overcome it. The others didn't.

(And anyway, if you are to do something stupid, it's always better to do it during training than in real battle.)
Old 2007-08-28, 00:37   Link #175
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Yep, but she did overcome it. The others didn't.

(And anyway, if you are to do something stupid, it's always better to do it in training than in real battle.)
Subaru and Caro... Yeah, I see what you mean.

Where did Erio go wrong then?
Old 2007-08-28, 00:40   Link #176
Mirificus

Quote:
Where did Erio go wrong then?
Following Caro's lead in episode 22 wasn't the wisest course of action.
Old 2007-08-28, 00:42   Link #177
arkhangelsk

To be fair, since he's riding on the dragon with Caro, his other choice is to drop off and let Caro fly off alone. In which case Garyuu will make mincemeat of Caro.
Old 2007-08-28, 00:43   Link #178
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Following Caro's lead in episode 22 wasn't the wisest course of action.
Well it was working till you-know-who interrupted.
Old 2007-08-28, 01:04   Link #179
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Well it was working till you-know-who interrupted.
To even think that it would work is stupidity itself.

I can accept it if it's a regular skirmish with little loss possibilities and all that, but seriously, they need to think of the situation they're in.

While they're wasting time, Teana's under heavy fire, Subaru's getting her ass kicked, Ground grunts are getting royally owned left and right, and Mid-childa is under a gigantic timebomb named Cradle.

This isn't Jewel Seed or some no-name Non-Managed World suffering threat of destruction. We're talking a central part of TSAB, arguably the Capital World of Interdimensional Worlds suffering the threat of being obliterated in less than 2 hours.

Old 2007-08-28, 01:11   Link #180
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
To even think that it would work is stupidity itself.

I can accept it if it's a regular skirmish with little loss possibilities and all that, but seriously, they need to think of the situation they're in.

While they're wasting time, Teana's under heavy fire, Subaru's getting her ass kicked, Ground grunts are getting royally owned left and right, and Mid-childa is under a gigantic timebomb named Cradle.

This isn't Jewel Seed or some no-name Non-Managed World suffering threat of destruction. We're talking a central part of TSAB, arguably the Capital World of Interdimensional Worlds suffering the threat of being obliterated in less than 2 hours.

Ah, I just said it was working, I didn't say whether it was the best course of action.

Your points all seem show that it's not the most Efficient way to do things in the situation, rather than it downright won't work. Cause if I didn't read the summaries wrongly, Lutecia was being swayed (slightly).
Closed Thread