AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-02, 17:50   Link #2021
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Naruto can't even compete, and bleach's prolly been in the dbl digits for a while now, atleast in the story, and it's just my wishful thinking for reallife aswell =/
Old 2011-06-02, 17:59   Link #2022
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Naruto can't even compete, and bleach's prolly been in the dbl digits for a while now, atleast in the story, and it's just my wishful thinking for reallife aswell =/
My guess is that Naruto finished quite a awhile back in the story (IOTL Naruto is already nearing it's conclusion as is), though what you say about Bleach is probably true (though I think Bleach is a bit higher).
Old 2011-06-02, 19:43   Link #2023
larethian

Bleach got cancelled before Naruto ended.
Old 2011-06-02, 22:20   Link #2024
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Well, latest chapter is out.

Spoiler for 134:
Old 2011-06-03, 01:55   Link #2025
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
He's going to end PCP.
Old 2011-06-03, 02:25   Link #2026
Freeter
beyond

Yoshida, you devilish bastard Too bad Nakai has the willpower of a slug

Although PCP is the obvious target, Eiji did say he would end a manga that he hated, and he flat out trashed Natural for being 'boring' (plus all the insinuations that Iwase isn't getting anywhere with the story and that it should just conclude), so that might be the one to get the boot.

Oh well, I'll be waiting for more Hiramaru antics in the meantime. Dude should make his own workout video
Old 2011-06-03, 02:38   Link #2027
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
The series that was beating Eiji Niizuma's "Crow" before the most recent chapters was Eiichiro Oda's "One Piece".
O how do you know?
Old 2011-06-03, 02:55   Link #2028
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Yoshida, you devilish bastard Too bad Nakai has the willpower of a slug

Although PCP is the obvious target, Eiji did say he would end a manga that he hated, and he flat out trashed Natural for being 'boring' (plus all the insinuations that Iwase isn't getting anywhere with the story and that it should just conclude), so that might be the one to get the boot.

Oh well, I'll be waiting for more Hiramaru antics in the meantime. Dude should make his own workout video
That, and he doesn't seem to care much for Ashirogi Muto anymore, which would imply he's neither for or against them, so I doubt he'll be aiming to end their manga. On the other hand, his bashing Iwase and +Natural could just be a red herring and he really does intend to end PCP, but not because he hates it, but because he wants them to become even more successful and create a manga that deserves an anime and no one can argue against an adaptation, and ending PCP is the only way to truly motivate them to do so.
Old 2011-06-03, 03:10   Link #2029
Kafriel
Senior Guest

They can't get another manga though, at least not in JUMP;hadn't the editor-in-chief said that if PCP gets canned, it will be their third and last axe?
Old 2011-06-03, 03:37   Link #2030
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
They can't get another manga though, at least not in JUMP;hadn't the editor-in-chief said that if PCP gets canned, it will be their third and last axe?
That was only for the first three months of PCP's serialization. The editor-in-chief said that if they can't prove that PCP couldn't be popular for its first 20 chapters or so, it would get axed and they wouldn't be given another chance. But PCP's held on for much longer than that. If it gets axed now, I'm pretty sure the editor would give them another chance. Also, it wouldn't be Ashirogi Muto's fault for getting axed because they are still really popular in Jump and he even stood up for them when the copycat thief was making a media appearance. That being said, I doubt he would even allow Nizuma to end PCP so easily when it's doing so well for both him (the editor) and the authors.
Old 2011-06-03, 07:51   Link #2031
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Well, latest chapter is out.

Spoiler for 134:
It doesn't make sense - if he wanted to end it, he would just end it, it's his own manga. He does not need to use his "cancellation clause".

I think it's either PCP or Natural.

The argument for PCP is since it will never get an anime, and if it does not, it cannot compete with Crow. Even Road Racer is already doing better than PCP due to having an anime.

The argument for Natural is that he is already bored of it and it will be hard to convince Iwase to change the story with her pride and all, so it will be easier to just cancel it.
Old 2011-06-03, 08:47   Link #2032
Tri-ring

The only problem is the publisher will not cancel a series that is at height of it's popularity.
Eiji on the other hand knows when to draw the curtain and not over due his stay.
Most of the manga on Shonen Jump like Dragon ball and/or Hokuto no ken made this mistake and I believe the author of Bakuman is trying to point this out.
Old 2011-06-03, 12:11   Link #2033
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yoshida-shi proves once again he's the best editor in this manga. He knows how to exploit motivate his proteges. If anyone can make Nakai slim down, it's him! It's going to be very hard though.

So, it's finally time for Eiji to use his cancellation card. They talked about +Natural so damn much in this chapter that I'm pretty sure it's a red herring. On the other hand, it'd be very much of a dick move to cancel PCP. It's doing well and it apparently has a decent following, who is he to decide whether or not it's good enough to keep getting serialized?
Old 2011-06-03, 13:55   Link #2034
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I think that if Eini uses his power to end Crow, it would be a really dumb move by the mangakas. One of the main draws of the manga, outside of Ashirogi getting an anime, was waiting for them to finally beat Eiji at his best and become the number one mangakas in WSJ. If Crow ends, it takes away the goal that people have been waiting for them to reach and takes away one of the selling points of the manga. It'd be like the final boss in an action manga giving up long before the heroes reached him.
Old 2011-06-03, 13:57   Link #2035
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If he ends Crow, it'll only be to come back stronger.
Old 2011-06-03, 15:28   Link #2036
Xagzan

Haha, Niizuma talking about Natural having the same old boring plot, just beating an enemy then a stronger one, then another one, etc.

Are you listening, Kubo?
Old 2011-06-03, 15:54   Link #2037
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If he ends Crow, it'll only be to come back stronger.
True. I'd say there's a big chance he'll end Crow. Ending +Natural would just be obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Haha, Niizuma talking about Natural having the same old boring plot, just beating an enemy then a stronger one, then another one, etc.

Are you listening, Kubo?
Old 2011-06-03, 17:15   Link #2038
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post

Are you listening, Kubo?
I thought the same way too when I read that. Though I've stopped reading Bleach since January.
Old 2011-06-03, 23:23   Link #2039
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
O how do you know?
I don't know, I'm just applying known facts in the series (That "Crow" was #2 until recently, so something had to be beating it) and known facts in real life (I've heard from various sources that Oda wants One Piece to go for either 1000 chapters or 100 volumes, I forgot which). So putting two and two together, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that One Piece is probably still running in the "present day" of Bakuman.
Old 2011-06-04, 04:22   Link #2040
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So, it's finally time for Eiji to use his cancellation card. They talked about +Natural so damn much in this chapter that I'm pretty sure it's a red herring.
same thing for the cancellation card
for all we know, Eiji could be talking about something else to the chief editor

Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen