AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-08, 02:59   Link #641
pw1388

I dont get the ending. what happen the the pink hair girl?
pw1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 03:26   Link #642
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

the

Spoiler for for ending:
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 08:30   Link #643
pw1388

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
the

Spoiler for for ending:
Whats with the hot sping thing with Kirino?
pw1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 13:16   Link #644
martino
makes no files now

I need to see the psycho girl in a heavenly onsen....

pw1388: Just giving us extra fanservice and pleasing Kirino fans like me.
Old 2007-01-10, 22:10   Link #645
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, pw1388: the "EX Gift" thing (that has Kirino talking about the hot springs) is a promotion for the extra epsiode that'll be released on DVD at the end of June. They probably should have flat-out put that, but maybe they wanted it to be a bit cryptic on purpose. But yeah, it was sort of a "next episode preview", but they didn't have it animated yet, so they re-used old scenes.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 06:02   Link #646
NaruAc

I just finished watching the series.
I liked it. It was overall heart warming and left you with a smile. It was not an emotional roller coaster like some other anime series (kimiga.... series in mind >_> emotional). Anyways, Yeah I was bugged out about the ending with the hot spring. So uhh June huh?

Oh yeah and I agree they shoulda put a flat out ending to that instead of the hot spring addition.
NaruAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 17:17   Link #647
holyman282

I believe the Hot spring OVA is a possible Kirino ending? maybe or is it just an ep dedicated to her... not sure need someone to confirm this..
Old 2007-01-17, 17:18   Link #648
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Who cares If it's an alternate ending, so much the better. But even if not, as long as it's centered on Kirino, let me have it!
Old 2007-01-17, 19:18   Link #649
NaruAc

Kirino is too insane and unstable for me. Its Riko all the way
NaruAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 19:21   Link #650
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Who cares If it's an alternate ending, so much the better. But even if not, as long as it's centered on Kirino, let me have it!
Get out, fanboy. Riko and Haruhiko are made for each other.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 19:34   Link #651
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Yes, as every non-related siblings are bound to get it going in all anime series, I know

All Hail Kirino And her special OVA episode
Old 2007-01-17, 21:24   Link #652
holyman282

omg guys i hope this doesn't turn into a flame war for which is the best girl..... But in case it does, i really like Kirino.. she's really cute and omg i always root for the underdog...
Old 2007-01-17, 22:09   Link #653
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
omg guys i hope this doesn't turn into a flame war for which is the best girl..... But in case it does, i really like Kirino.. she's really cute and omg i always root for the underdog...
How about that for seriously mixed messages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaruAc View Post
Oh yeah and I agree they shoulda put a flat out ending to that instead of the hot spring addition.
Well, episode 12 was a flat-out ending to the show's plot. The OVA is just a omake/bonus for the fans. What I meant by "they probably should have flat-out put that" was that they should have more clearly said that the "EX Gift" clip was for the omake being released on June 22nd, etc. I don't really have any issue with them making a bonus episode; after all, no one's forcing you to watch it.
Old 2007-01-17, 22:20   Link #654
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
No need for a flamewar. Everyone with half a brain knows that Riko is the better girl. </irony with a hint of truth.>
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 22:32   Link #655
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Sadly Kirino vs Riko will never be as good of flamebait as some other shows have provided. Even today I can still go to the KGNE forum and lob in a "Haruka is the best" or "Mitsuki forever" grenade and set it off for at least an hour. The Shuffle forum can't even manage to go twenty four hours without some kind of mostly pointless argument about the relative merits of Asa vs Kaede, and I seem to recall the DCSS thread going for months about Kotori vs Nemu. I really thought Kirino vs Riko had real possiblities there.
Old 2007-01-17, 22:56   Link #656
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
Sadly Kirino vs Riko will never be as good of flamebait as some other shows have provided. Even today I can still go to the KGNE forum and lob in a "Haruka is the best" or "Mitsuki forever" grenade and set it off for at least an hour. The Shuffle forum can't even manage to go twenty four hours without some kind of mostly pointless argument about the relative merits of Asa vs Kaede, and I seem to recall the DCSS thread going for months about Kotori vs Nemu. I really thought Kirino vs Riko had real possiblities there.
I vote for a definitely not "sadly" on that front. This show caused enough controversy without needing to resort to character fanboyism. And DCSS was never really a "vs." issue, for what it's worth; pretty rare to find anyone who outright hates Kotori. I think that's really the issue here; neither girl was really loathe-worthy. You can't feed a flamewar without hate. So much the better from my perspective.
Old 2007-01-17, 23:01   Link #657
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Tch, RF. Flamewars make the internet go 'round. And while I'm sure DCSS was not a vs. issue for you, I'm reasonably positive that the people who liked Kotori had a very different perspective on it.

In case anyone thinks I'm being serious (I know RF knows I'm kidding) the original statement was intended to be ironic.
Old 2007-01-17, 23:15   Link #658
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I vote for a definitely not "sadly" on that front. This show caused enough controversy without needing to resort to character fanboyism. And DCSS was never really a "vs." issue, for what it's worth; pretty rare to find anyone who outright hates Kotori. I think that's really the issue here; neither girl was really loathe-worthy. You can't feed a flamewar without hate. So much the better from my perspective.
The issue with DCSS was never about kotori vs Namu but the story, the writers and what drugs they were taking. Some were fine with how the story went. While osme of us were looking for something more.

And the Shuffle Forum without the flames would be a lot more boring.
Old 2007-01-18, 00:21   Link #659
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
While i have to say true for no one really outright hates Kotori... ( I mean she never done anything wrong.. didn't even try to steal Asakura...) I can't say the same thing for Nemu... what i have seen is that while alot of Nemu fans don't hate kotori

Spoiler for DC:

but alot of Kotori fans really really hate Nemu.. I mean really really hate her....

So it could be said that it was a vs situation... more of a one sided thing where you either hated Nemu and liked Kotori or just liked Nemu..

Anyway back to topic, i have to agree with roo that Gift can't generate as much of a flame war for the girls as other series, mainly because the message was clear from the beginning that Riko and haru were going to end up together..... So really there is nothing to argue about... What i found with most flamewars of girls, it's really unclear of who the guy will end up with and that results in alot of support for either one girl or another.. I mean take KGNE really i couldn't guess who taky was going to end up with until the very end so it generates alot of speculations of who he will end up with and speculation causes conflict in terms of difference in viewpoints and so flamewars start...

Shuffle is another good example... they led us down one path then did a complete U turn and ended it with another... It was completely unpredictable and because that ppl tend to speculate again... lol
Old 2007-01-21, 20:24   Link #660
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Well... I try to look at it in a different perspective and see whether the couple match up or not. In Gift~'s case, Kirino is just ill-fated when it comes to Haruhiko because neglect aside, he has had both eyes on Riko eons ago.

So she would be better off moving on and finding somebody else. Kirino was already stated to be moving on in Gift~, and this was a development that I liked, since it is rare that it is the girl that decides to 'abandon' the guy on her own initiative, instead of waiting to be rejected flatly.

What was also likeable about Kirino was her friendship with Riko. Despite feeling really betrayed by Riko, she never really went out of her way to hurt Riko... much. Heck, Riko's paranoia of Kirino was much more vivid than the actual reality( and very funny too, to me that is ).

So it was easily believable that the two could maintain their friendship.

Cheers.

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, drama, moonstone, olm, romance, supernatural