AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-09-21, 01:40   Link #1361
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

The inevitable summer uniforms gives me mixed feelings. If they ever come to fruition, I hope they at least have different faces.
From a little photo session:

Yui's hat is a part of a 4-pack of 1 inch scale hats. Azusa's outta luck but she's got cat ears to supplement.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 01:53   Link #1362
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
I said nothing about the book not being shipped overseas, I wanted the calendar. I was worried of the calendar because all durarara merchandise are Japan only, excluding books. And I wanted someone to link me to the calendar on the website, because Im unable to search Amazon properly with the all stuff they have in there since I cant read japanese
You can just look on other sites for the calendar. Hobby Search, HLJ, and AmiAmi will ship overseas, and HS has that DRRR calendar and a ton of other DRRR stuff too (I think preorders closed though, you'll have to buy it when it comes in stock). I was hoping they'd stock the K-ON calendar; for some reason they aren't stocking this year's KyoAni calendars.

btw you can turn Amazon JP into English, there's a button somewhere that says, in English, "Can't read Japanese? Click here" or something. for searching, copy and paste this in: けいおん カレンダー (Keion Calendar). The calendar isn't up on Amazon now. I'll have to look into where JBox is getting their K-ON calendar stock from.

The calendars on HS:
Chara-Ani's DRRR Desktop Calendar (preorders closed)
Broccoli's DRRR Desktop Calendar
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 03:38   Link #1363
blooglah24

For anyone wondering about the calendar, here's some info.

The calendar is a kyoani shop product and can only be ordered through their website. Here's the link:

http://kyotoanimation.shop-pro.jp/?pid=22968956

Because all kyoani shop items are exclusive, you're not gonna find it on any other Japanese domestic retail shops or sites. This means that you're not gonna find it on Amazon.co.jp unless someone decides to sell it on the Marketplace after it has been released.

If any American or western sites are offering it for sale it is only because they are ordering from the kyoani shop directly and selling it themselves. If you're planning to order the calendar from the kyoani shop itself you should know that they only ship domestically (within Japan). If you don't have a Japanese address your best bet would be to use a proxy/middleman service and have them order from the shop for you. The proxy will handle the payment and domestic delivery and will ship the item to you after they receive it. Either that or you can go through a reseller such as JBox.

I hope that clears up some of the confusion.
blooglah24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 14:56   Link #1364
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
My Amazon is in English but you still can't search in English and some features and other stuff remains in Japanese, such as item names.

I wasn't actually interested in Durarara stuff anyway, but I sell some of the posters I get from Magazines I order and one of the regulars asked for some DRRR stuff but all I was able to get for her was the DRRR Fanbook from Amazon. I only order from Amazon for certain reasons so bleh.

I guess however, I will have to make an exception for that K-on Calendar.. do want so much.

Edit : Komari, I searched with that keyword and atleast for me, that specific Calendar DOES pop up. Here it is.

But wtf with that price ? 9,800Yen for a calendar O_o. Also scroll down a bit and note where it says '' This item can't be shipped outside of Japan '' ... wtf :/ ( Not that I was gonna buy it for that price )

Last edited by Dist; 2010-09-21 at 16:00.
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 20:00   Link #1365
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You are much better off doing your research on Amazon, but then *buying* from either
cdjapan.co.jp for some items, or jlist.com, or hlj.com (for figures).
I use nippon-export.com frequently. I just write them about things not in stock using their contact form and they hunt them down for me. Their shipping is much cheaper than amazon as well (and as you've found, amazon frequently won't ship certain products due to Strategic Arms Limitations agreements, Hazardous Materials, or some such other idiocy). Nippon-export asks for the ISBN numbers and an example weblink.

I just ordered volume 1 and volume 2 of the second season OSTs via cdjapan.co.jp.
I also ordered the 4th volume of K-On!! and some other manga from nippon-export.com last week.
Old 2010-09-22, 16:19   Link #1366
Dist

Well shipping is ... ~500yen + 300 per item for me from Amazon for me so I doubt nippon-export can beat that. This is for certain reasons that I cba to explain here.

I just can't believe that price ...9800Yen for a calendar ? That must be a mistake o.O. Or what, is that calendar some really massive one ?

Thanks for that nippon-export though, I got some doujinshis I want and if they deal with those and can get them for me, then that would be great. There's some particular ones I want from the toranoana shop. I tried one export shop before but with their prices, one doujinshi would have end up costing like 30€ so I skipped that ... :/
Old 2010-09-22, 17:26   Link #1367
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Interesting.... its odd really, Amazon has put up this great EMSx4 $$$$ wall between the US and Japan. Every other source I use is nowhere near as expensive - even if I choose EMS. Recent example, 3 books at about 800yen each (2400yen), Amazon would charge me almost 5000yen to move it between Japan and the US West Coast. Utterly ridiculous. Ordered it from nippon-export and paid only 1840yen for shipping (SAL).
Old 2010-09-22, 18:10   Link #1368
Dist

Well that's true, but Amazon doesn't use EMS. They use FedEx so the items arrive at your door by the courier. That's probably why it's so effing expensive.

It isn't with Amazon itself where shipping is cheaper for me but I order with other people to cut off the shipping costs. I usually order much less than others, so when the starting shipping fee is 3000Yen, and if I order 5 items out of ... lets say 30, there's not much I have to pay from that. Then it's only the +300 yen per item in addition.

1840yen .. well I guess that's okay. I don't like slow shipping though, that's why Amazon is amazing. If I put in order today, it would be delivered by saturday if they did weekend deliveries. Since they don't, I get it by monday. I think that's really good considering the distance between Japan and Finland.... You get what you pay for, I guess.
Old 2010-09-22, 22:38   Link #1369
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

*sigh*

jp.Amazon is awesome if you're buying a lot of stuff, especially if you're buying heavier items. I also grabbed a Nanoha nendoroid off the marketplace and used a forwarding service for way cheaper than eBay.

But if you're buying so few items at a time, yeah, it'll be really expensive. I learnt that on my first purchase and it didn't help that I didn't know Canada had custom & duty fees. =w=

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 22:42   Link #1370
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Interesting.... its odd really, Amazon has put up this great EMSx4 $$$$ wall between the US and Japan. Every other source I use is nowhere near as expensive - even if I choose EMS. Recent example, 3 books at about 800yen each (2400yen), Amazon would charge me almost 5000yen to move it between Japan and the US West Coast. Utterly ridiculous. Ordered it from nippon-export and paid only 1840yen for shipping (SAL).
Amazon is never good for cross country sales; I looked at the import prices on American Amazon, and they're crazy too. But they're pretty sweet for domestic deliveries, always the best price!
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 05:50   Link #1371
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Manufacturer: Wave
Series: K-On!
Scale: Non, 90mm
Release: February 2011
Price: Y5,800
Old 2010-09-23, 06:14   Link #1372
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Wow... $70.59 for those figurines ^?

Are anime figurines normally this expensive?
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 07:04   Link #1373
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

I take it this is an entire set and not sold separately?
Old 2010-09-23, 17:21   Link #1374
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Ya that would be the whole group total. Their like 1200 Yen each if you want seperately(1000 Yen if you get em from Hobby Search).

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Mckendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 22:05   Link #1375
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's always a boxset of figures with doubles and possible secret ones that's why it's expensive rather than sold individually.

Taken from another thread.
Spoiler for Moe Moe Kyun~! nsfw:
Old 2010-09-24, 04:38   Link #1376
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Azusa??

Not sure if it's a pvc static....
Spoiler for summer uniform:
Old 2010-09-24, 17:44   Link #1377
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Azusa??

Not sure if it's a pvc static....
Spoiler for summer uniform:
There has to be another page that shows more about her, as this isn't the one (though I think fans of Angel Beats would find these figurines very interesting).

Anyway, the Azusa figurine looks posable, though I'd have to see the whole picture to know for sure.
Old 2010-09-24, 20:22   Link #1378
Qikz

Quote:

Yup, I just put a pre-order down on those. I've descended into Keion fandom. My room shall become a shrine to the legendary Keionbu!

4,700 yen on Amiami right now. ^_^
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 22:45   Link #1379
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
It's always a boxset of figures with doubles and possible secret ones that's why it's expensive rather than sold individually.

Taken from another thread.
Spoiler for Moe Moe Kyun~! nsfw:
Damn! I was wondering when they will finally get the colouring right!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 04:38   Link #1380
alucard13mm

i believe if u order the entire set at once, you get 2 extra items. you get a spare hairstyle for mugi and for mio.