Old 2010-12-19, 18:29   Link #421
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Man I must be the only fan of Hotori.

D:
I can confirm that you're not since I have a strong liking for her as well. Not that she's the only one I like. I'm also fond of Futaba and wish there was more Eri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Did they ever show that girl that has her hair parted in the OP(the girl btw Arashi's siblings and the antique store owner)? I don't think they did.
Yes, she was shown in episode 5 and you know her as Eri. Sadly, her screen time has been lacking. Which is too bad because she's got potential in more ways than one.
Old 2010-12-19, 20:43   Link #422
brocko

Hotori is too much of a lovable idiot to ever be disliked
Chiaki Omigawa suits the role perfectly too

Is Eri that Tsundere in the same class as and is chasing after Hotori's brother? If so, then i agree she needs more screentime lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:15   Link #423
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Hotori is too much of a lovable idiot to ever be disliked
Chiaki Omigawa suits the role perfectly too

Is Eri that Tsundere in the same class as and is chasing after Hotori's brother? If so, then i agree she needs more screentime lol
Yes, Eri would indeed be that person. Heh, maybe I should consider the manga. Perhaps there are not yet adapted and/or may never adapted chapters with her.
Old 2010-12-19, 23:05   Link #424
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I dont' know if this has been asked, but isn't Arashi's mom the teacher that taught Moriaki-sensei?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
Yes, Eri would indeed be that person. Heh, maybe I should consider the manga. Perhaps there are not yet adapted and/or may never adapted chapters with her.
OOOOHHHHHHHH, I remember that episode! Thanks. Forgotten all about it. Yeah, she was pretty great =03! It's how a tsundere SHOULD be (>.>) *hatred from OreImo flaring up*
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 00:28   Link #425
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I dont' know if this has been asked, but isn't Arashi's mom the teacher that taught Moriaki-sensei?
It was never revealed, so no. It isn't.
Old 2010-12-24, 00:05   Link #426
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 08:18   Link #427
Sides

Great story choice to end the anime. I'm going to miss this series ;_;
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 21:59   Link #428
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I thought it was SO FUNNY when Arashi accused Kon of committing the murder when she seemed dead. I'm like, " what kind of logic is that?", so it was a surprise to find out Kon was actually still alive. That was pretty clever of Arashi to figure that out.

It was a nice ride while it lasted. The latter part of this episode with everyone worrying about Arashi was rather touching, with even the cop(did they ever reveal his name) and Moriaki shedding a few tears. While this was a nice way to end the series, I think i'd prefer some kind of anime original where all the chars come together one last time for some big party or whatever, so we could see all of the previous chars at least once more.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 00:43   Link #429
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Beautiful ending to a show I fell in love with out of the blue. I was definitely getting teary eyed in the second half of the episode.

So glad I followed up on my friend's suggestion to check this series out.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 01:32   Link #430
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's great how the show managed to bring back all the characters at the end "mourning" for Hotori who still fought her way back to life. A nice emotional end to a very refreshing series.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 03:16   Link #431
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Shaft really had nice original touches in this episode (in manga, only 'father running' part was included.). Even though I knew what would happen, I couldn't help but dropping some tears.

It was definitely one of top 5 series of the year for me. Very well-done adaptation.
Old 2010-12-25, 04:56   Link #432
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This show never ceased to surprise and impress me right up to the end. This finale was beautiful. Even though I knew Hotori wouldn't die, the grieving scenes were still incredibly touching. The episode didn't fail to deliver on the comedy front either. Hotori's mystery story was awesome

Would loved to see a second season.
Old 2010-12-25, 14:44   Link #433
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
This is what comedy/ slice of life should be like. it should be unpredictable, yet with characters still somewhat relatable. this is a very incomlete summary of why i liked the show 10 times more than K-on, Arakawa, Zetsubou sensei. I still don't exactly know how to put the difference into words. maybe its the relaxed atmosphere mixed with unpredictability. maybe its because there were no tsunderes beating guys. hell knows...
THERE WAS NO BEACH EPISODE (i may be wrong, if so - tell me i'm an idiot) and that usually means quality, like with hyakko.
the scene where they perform on stage was awesome. and its not even a music anime. k-on sucks in comparison. again, they surprised us with music that was totally unexpected, along with the weird instruments. gonna rewatch that ep today...
but arashiko is one ugly dumb heroine. i hate that character type.
PS. i didn't actually find this show funny. more like weird, surprising. but i'm thankfull they used a more (not by much, but it does make a difference) subtle/intelligent approach to comedy than pure idiotic slapstick.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 14:51   Link #434
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
THERE WAS NO BEACH EPISODE (i may be wrong, if so - tell me i'm an idiot)
Ep 11. Though it's not really your classic beach ep.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 14:51   Link #435
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A show that snuck up on me. I was a bit disappointed at first. There didn't seem to be a lot there. But it grew and grew and reached its finest hours in later episodes. One of the most enjoyable after-death sequences I can remember. As for Omigawa Chiaki, I think Shinbou saw something I didn't: she really is pretty good, despite the flat, blaring quality of her usual anime voice.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 14:57   Link #436
idiffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Ep 11. Though it's not really your classic beach ep.
um, that would really be a stretch to call that a beach ep. we see the beach like for less than a minute.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
Old 2010-12-25, 22:39   Link #437
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Thoughts on the series as a whole:

Soredemo is a series that elevated itself in my esteem as much as any I've watched for a while. While the supporting cast played a larger role as the series progressed, Hotori was always at the center of things and Omigawa Chiaki's performance is central to the success of the adaptation. This was a role she was born to play, and it's no wonder Shinbo likes her so much - her histrionic, always on the verge of panic yet lovable voice is a great fit for his restless eye.

The genius of Ishiguro's manga is that it's a true slice-of-life, unconcerned with structure or dramatic convention. Ishiguro's writing (and Shinbo's direction) really give the sense that things are happening in real-time - you just happened to look in and see what was happening at any given moment. Some of the funniest and best manga chapters - such as Takeru's adorable date with Ika, his "Rock Lobster" - were not ones I would have necessarily expected to see adapted. You would think the anime would narrow the focus to the cafe and the three or four most important characters, but it didn't.

Omigawai Chiaki prayed for a second season on the TV special where she visited the shrine the one in the series is based on - and SHAFT is a studio that isn't afraid of sequels. I don't imagine this is going to be a huge hit in terms of DVD sales but neither was Natsu no Arashi, and that got a second season. We have some fantastic manga chapters still out there so it's really up to Shinbo at this point. I'd absolutely love to see more and I'll be rooting for it to happen - I may even give 3400 yen at a shrine and pray for it...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 00:21   Link #438
sirn
田舎者言うな

There are difference between show that has second season planned from the start (mostly Starchild or TV Tokyo anime) and those that are not. They're a 26-episodes show that separate broadcast into two parts, in order to give production a 3-months rest. Natsu no Arashi, Arakawa Under The Bridge and (non-Shaft) The World God Only Knows are under this case.

Director Itsuro Kawasaki posted about this on his Twitter few days ago "it's not possible to broadcast second season half year later without second season being green-lit from the first episode." (1, 2, 3, 4)

This system is called "Bunkatsu 2 Cour" (分割2クール).
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 00:43   Link #439
idiffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
There are difference between show that has second season planned from the start (mostly Starchild or TV Tokyo anime) and those that are not. They're a 26-episodes show that separate broadcast into two parts, in order to give production a 3-months rest. Natsu no Arashi, Arakawa Under The Bridge and (non-Shaft) The World God Only Knows are under this case.

Director Itsuro Kawasaki posted about this on his Twitter few days ago "it's not possible to broadcast second season half year later without second season being green-lit from the first episode." (1, 2, 3, 4)

This system is called "Bunkatsu 2 Cour" (分割2クール).
lol, i can't read japanese)) the system is fucked up if u can't make season 2 if it isn't planned from the start. but then again there is gunbuster 1 and 2. the difference was like 10 years or more. haruhi - by your logic they specificaly waited 3 years before 2nd season, planning it from ep 1. that just goes against laws of buisiness. if oportunity to make money arises - you seize it as fast as you can...
Old 2010-12-26, 00:50   Link #440
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
lol, i can't read japanese)) the system is fucked up if u can't make season 2 if it isn't planned from the start. but then again there is gunbuster 1 and 2. the difference was like 10 years or more. haruhi - by your logic they specificaly waited 3 years before 2nd season, planning it from ep 1. that just goes against laws of buisiness. if oportunity to make money arises - you seize it as fast as you can...
"There are difference between show that has second season planned from the start (mostly Starchild or TV Tokyo anime) and those that are not." Your example falls into "those that are not"; they're successful so the second season is green-lit. For Shaft anime series, Hidamari Sketch, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Maria Holic are likely in this case. "Likely" because only production committee members know what's a successful point for a show.

My point is that don't get your hopes up because there are shows with low sales getting a second season.

Last edited by sirn; 2010-12-26 at 01:03.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, seinen