AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-04, 20:28   Link #121
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
No Itachi didn't say that, the upper echelon thingy is a well known mistranslation of this chapter.
So I guess the part where he mentions higher ranking officials just a few chaptesr ago is coincidentatly another mistranslation? And the fact taht most of the anime translations I think(I might be wrong) mentions that same thing in the 1st time out of 2 he mentiones higher ranking people.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:32   Link #122
Captain_Dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_lee
Yay, a new Akatsuki guy. I wonder if there's a female member as well?
There must be at least one female in the group or I will become angry at Kishimoto. There are 9 Akatsuki members and it would look very weird if they are all males.

Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:35   Link #123
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic

Send a message via ICQ to Riese
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Next page, I can't make out the words, but it shows a Sasuke with very dark eyes. I can't see whether or not he has the mangekyou, but I would say it's highly likely.
Heh:

Spoiler for buffy the vampire slayer:
Riese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:36   Link #124
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dope
There must be at least one female in the group or I will become angry at Kishimoto. There are 9 Akatsuki members and it would look very weird if they are all males.

There are only 8 members as said by Jiraiya. The picture of Akatsuki from the anime should be a forgotten memory. I'm sure that there's a high possibility of one of the members being a female.

I find it impossible to have a situation in which all of the Akatsuki members do things without the existence of higher leadership since we are talking about s class criminals who definantly have their own selfish reasons for betraying their villages. Can't really imagine every member deciding to do things by a vote since this would lead to a way number less than that of 8 members since you can't really have such individuals agreeing on everything.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:38   Link #125
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_lee
Yay, a new Akatsuki guy. I wonder if there's a female member as well?
I bet its Sakura, she's just playing dumb/weak.
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:39   Link #126
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

there are 9 members i believe, but who's counting, also that same group pic of atasuki was from the manga, so i guess you can forget it from the anime.

Last edited by p3psi; 2004-10-04 at 20:39. Reason: grammar crackers
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:41   Link #127
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
there are 9 members i believe, but who's counting, also that same group pic of atasuki was from the manga, so i guess you can forget it from the anime.

It's nine if you included Orochimaru, who left the group
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:41   Link #128
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort
I bet its Sakura, she's just playing dumb/weak.
RLOL, hell no. I'll stop reading anymore Naruto manga and stop watching the anime, which i've been doing for a while because of the filler episodes, if that was true. God forbid. I was bad enough that they made it in the anime that Sakura has super strength. I'm sure their going to get alot of hate mail for that.
Old 2004-10-04, 20:45   Link #129
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinator_CA
It's nine if you included Orochimaru, who left the group
pervet senin said there is always and only 9 in atasuki, like how there's always and only one dark sith master and a dark sith appretice, if i may further nerd it up on the same thread, i dont know why i remember that, probally becuase of the new trilogy lucas is busting out, cuz he cant think of anything orginal and good.
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:50   Link #130
LeafNinja

For those of you who keep wondering if Sasuke got the Mangekyou, I think this chapter clearly establishes he didn't and doesn't plan to if it means he has to follow in the path of his f'd up brother.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:51   Link #131
Zek
Eyebrows...

Jiraiya said that Akatsuki had 9 members, and this was after he found out about Orochimaru leaving.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:52   Link #132
knubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
pervet senin said there is always and only 9 in atasuki, like how there's always and only one dark sith master and a dark sith appretice, if i may further nerd it up on the same thread, i dont know why i remember that, probally becuase of the new trilogy lucas is busting out, cuz he cant think of anything orginal and good.
No I think you made it up. I think the 9 characters on their rings make up a verse of some sort, but it was never said that there always had to be 9 members, as far as I know.
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:59   Link #133
Captain_Dope

I belive there are 9 members. 8 of them forms the 4 two-man teams while the ninth is the leader.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 21:02   Link #134
kboykb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Besides I don't like the idea of the kind of strength of the Sannin/Kage/Itachi becoming too usual.
Exactly - I posted something about that earlier. Having one or two kage level enemies might be okay - they'd eventually be defeatable..

but when you get 3.. 4.. 5?? kage level villains - I think that's a bit of an overkill. Jiraiya, Tsunade and the elite jounins can only do so much..

I don't mind having a good bit of S-class elite jounin villains like Kisame, Kabuto.. and maybe even this weird venus-fly trap guy.. but just try to stay a little conservative when it comes to kage level villains.
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 21:03   Link #135
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Sasuke was made a lot cooler by this chapter. It's so much better now that he's not blindly following what his brother told him to do, and he's now seeking power his own way.

The only way this could be better is if Sasuke went on his own hermitage or search for power or whatever instead of going to the pedophile Oro.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 21:05   Link #136
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dope
I belive there are 9 members. 8 of them forms the 4 two-man teams while the ninth is the leader.
I remember specifically in the anime jiraya said they were nine then orochimaru left and AFTER oro left they they split in teams of 2. (4 teams of 2 = 8).

Besides if they have someone powerful enough to be a leader... then really that just messes up everything in the naruto-verse. Itachi/Orochimaru are on sannin/hokage leve... if somebody else is MORE powrful, and remember he has to be WAY more powrful since we're comparing him against ALL the rest, then that's just unvelievable strength. He must be so powerful that there's no point of him not ruling the world already.

Good thing this probably isn't true. The good thing about naruto is that it's not DBZ.. even though it tried in the last arc.

edit: kboykb said it better. ^__^;
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 21:06   Link #137
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Sasuke was made a lot cooler by this chapter. It's so much better now that he's not blindly following what his brother told him to do, and he's now seeking power his own way.

The only way this could be better is if Sasuke went on his own hermitage or search for power or whatever instead of going to the pedophile Oro.
I totally agree with your statement.
Old 2004-10-04, 21:30   Link #138
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
With all the talk about symbolism and hints that a person would read more into the situation of Orochimaru "sadly" saying that even Itachi is stronger than him and then, he looks directly at a severed hand with the Akatsuki ring on it.
No that's not how the panels are showed.
Oro said that Itachi is stronger than him, then in the next panel he said that it's why he left 'this' organization and we saw his original hand with the ring of the Akatsuki that we saw at the finger of Itachi and Kisame.
That pointed out the past relation of Itachi and Oro to present the Akatsuki as the new plot of the manga but not necessarily a past battle between them.

Note that I don't think it's impossible, just not that probable, especially given how Itachi thought highly of Jiraiya because he was one of the Sannin.

Quote:
The reason why I brought up the part about Itachi being stronger than Orochimaru, the severed hand, etc. is the fact that certain individuals believe that Itachi is strongest of Akatsuki which doesn't make sense since he could easily take the role of leadership if he had such godly abilities.
There is a large difference between being stronger and being godly

Quote:
Hell, he thought killing Sarutobi would have been a walk in the park just because of an age difference, I'm sure he would never dreamed that his arms would have been sealed.
Heck, without knowing about the absolute seal in the Narutoniverse he was rather right.

The very arrogance of Oro makes very improbable the existence of a big boss in the Akatsuki, I can't imagine Oro accepting order from anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
So I guess the part where he mentions higher ranking officials just a few chaptesr ago is coincidentatly another mistranslation? And the fact taht most of the anime translations I think(I might be wrong) mentions that same thing in the 1st time out of 2 he mentiones higher ranking people.
?
He never mentioned that, he merely said that to abduct Naruto was a very important order of the Akatsuki.
Jiraiya also said that Oro was an important member of this group and that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Jiraiya said that Akatsuki had 9 members, and this was after he found out about Orochimaru leaving.
The information given by Jiraiya were in this order : Oro joined the Akatsuki=>the Akatsuki is a group of 9 ninjas=>then Oro left the Akatsuki recently=>immediately, the Akatsuki separated into teams of two peoples to seek powerful jutsu and stuff.

Logically it means that there remains 8 members in the Akatsuki including Itachi, Kisame and this new guy.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 21:36   Link #139
kakash1

Didnt feel like reading all 7 pages of this thread so ill just reveal the shock incase someone didnt already say it. ill also put it in a spoiler tag.
Spoiler for manga:
So im either guessing hes talking about itachi, or orochimaru. Im guessing that his own way of gaining power is by going to orochimaru. But, we'll have to wait and see. Actually i changed my mind.. i think he felt guilty for "killing" naruto (no he didnt die) and so hes not going to go to orochimaru and instead he will "gain his power in his own way."

Edit : Nevermind he WAS talking to itachi because there were pictures of itachi and itachi talking on the pages before ( dont feel like posting what itachi says.)
kakash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 21:50   Link #140
dsn2k

Kakashi looks uber pissed at Sasuke

but there was a hint of both becoming Hokage.
dsn2k is offline   Reply With Quote